PDA

View Full Version : Ross with new job

Gerard
04-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Jim Ross takes on Business Strategies position,
John Laurinaitis to head WWE Talent Relations

Jim Ross (J.R.) has moved to the new role of Executive Vice President, Business Strategies. In this role, Jim will work closely with Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman, as an advisor on WWE's core business, as well as new business endeavors. He will continue as the famous "black hat" announcer on WWE Monday Night RAW.

John Laurinaitis has been promoted to Vice President of Talent Relations and will assume all the responsibilities of the Talent Relations Department.

http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1254370

:-\

Business strategies....probably means he'll say "bah gawd" more and almost blow his load even more than usual when austin shows up, after laying the stunner on the missus of course.

PureHatred
04-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Thi ia actually pretty big news as JR was the man in charge of signing and scouting talent. Basically, JR was the reason that there was such a preference for "Hosses" (maybe from his days getting King Kong Bundy and One Man Gang over as the booker in Mid-South). I mean, Vince aside, if your head of Talent Relations has that kind of bias, it's going to affect which wrestlers get developmental contracts, which ones are put on TV, and, ultimately, the kind of wrestler that makes up the majority of the programming.

Hopefully, Laurinaitis has a more open mind and will be willing ot sign wrestlers that are talented, even if they don't fit the WWE's cookie cutter mold of talent.

Corkscrewed
04-09-2004, 03:45 PM
True.... but Vince is still the one who decides to use hosses, so who knows.

This won't change how current wrestlers are used though, so :( to that. I don't feel optimistic or pessimistic about this change to be honest.

The CyNick
04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
I think JR actually had more of a preference for 'real' athletes like Kurt, Brock, WGTT, and so on.

Vince is the one with the big man fetish, so that will never change, unless Shane thinks differently, but I know he doesn't.

Dont know much about Johnny Ace's style in terms of hiring.

Kane Knight
04-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Even low ratings can't wake them up from the hoss wet dream...

Goldbird
04-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Basically, there's nobody to contend with WWE so vince can afford to slack off... and leave us, the poor fans, alone.