PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideas For Smackdown

Providence Peep
12-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Word is that big changes are in store for Smackdown in the early months of 2010. The feeling is that since Raw has the guest hosts, Smackdown needs something, too. So what do you think? How can they make Smackdown better?

thedamndest
12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
By continuing to be as little like Raw as possible.

parkmania
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
John Cena's Celebrity Wrestling, where the fans vote off a person each week.

Nicky Fives
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Smackdown can be the show that has all the better workers and focus less on stupid, over-the-top storylines, but on solid in-ring wrestling.... oh wait..... it is all of these things already.....

TGR
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Smackdown can be the show that has all the better workers and focus less on stupid, over-the-top storylines, but on solid in-ring wrestling.... oh wait..... it is all of these things already.....

Juan
12-02-2009, 08:59 PM

Jordan
12-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I think if they are going to change they should go in a more sports direction. Start up a #1 Contender program...

First an 8 man three week tournament to determine #1 Contender.

Then that person has to defend his position for four consecutive weeks, if he looses another tournament or match (such as a triple threat, 4 way, battle royal etc) is created to crown the contender. Preferably a tournament I would think but who knows.

So after four weeks of defending the position he gets a title shot, either at the upcoming PPV or sometimes on Smackdown!. It could have some sense of change as that of the Guest Host, and if it was only kept around for a year or so, or however long it worked then it would probably be more entertaining than the Guest Host.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
They'll probably turn Smackdown into a wrestling sitcom...

Team Sheep
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Keep Smackdown the way it is FFS. It's my only 2 hours of wrestling a week.

Emperor Smeat
12-03-2009, 01:09 AM

Londoner
12-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Gotta agree with whats already been said, no need to change it, if they change it to be like raw i'll stop watching it i think.

Sixx
12-03-2009, 04:56 AM

Everybody Loves Smackdown.

Waylander
12-03-2009, 07:11 AM
How about the make Smackdown a wrestling show with no celebrities or 'hilarious' skits.

The Jayman
12-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Everybody Loves Smackdown.

and it's true

Stealth-Icon
12-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Hot Lesbian Sex

owenbrown
12-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Ermaximus
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM

These!

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2009, 03:46 AM
I love SmackDown!, and feel it is the best wrestling show on television. Nothing needs to change. Fuck the WWE for thinking so. If they do something, though, I hope they don't do any celebrity or "entertainment" shit. I'd go more to the sports end.

Perhaps they could introduce a more prominent win-loss record system for SmackDown!? Keep track of a wrestler's wins in singles, tag and specialty competition. Sort of what like that EVOLVE promotion are doing, I believe. It would just making the booking over there even more logical, with a wrestler's official record being updated after every televised SmackDown!, SmackDown! Superstars match or SmackDown! PPV match.

To work out contenders, if a wrestler has a better record than the IC Champion or World Heavyweight Champion, he is allowed to challenge for that championship. This would make it important for champions to keep their wins up, even if they are not defending the title.

Singles matches would be one-on-one matches; tag matches would be any form of tag team encounter; and specialty matches would be anything that involves a match with some sort of gimmick. Anything from Triple Threats and Handicap Matches to Ladder Matches and Hell in a Cells. That way, when a guy like Drew McIntyre says "I'm undefeated in singles competition," it actually means something clear.

It could even benefit guys like Funaki. Kung Fu Naki may not show up much, but if he does show up once in a blue moon, he could pick up the occasional win over a nobody. Give him time, and he could end up with a very nice and pure win-loss record. It could be used as a way to position him into a bigger storyline.

You wouldn't count "WWE Live Events" for this. It'd only be televised SmackDown!-related stuff.

Skippord
12-05-2009, 04:14 AM
featuring Ted McGinley

DaVe
12-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Nothing.