PDA

View Full Version : ECW

taker707
12-09-2009, 11:37 PM
By Brian Cantor
Dec 9, 2009 - 8:10:32 PM

In yet another scary piece of news regarding the ECW brand, Tuesday's episode dropped to an all-time low 0.8 rating.

With an average viewership of just 1.06 million, according to PWTorch.com data, the show was the least-viewed timeslot airing in the show's history, including any airings that coincided with a holiday.

Talk on the Internet in recent weeks has concerned plans to overhaul the brand, and if the show keeps posting ratings like this, such an aggressive effort would appear to be an absolute necessity.

KYR
12-09-2009, 11:56 PM
"Talk on the Internet in recent weeks has concerned plans to overhaul the brand".

I would have thought that the place to hold these sorts of talks would be WWE's Head Office (that is if the WWE is truly concerned)

I don't really know of anywhere on the Internet that has any sway over WWE policy or plans.

Xero
12-09-2009, 11:58 PM
FCC.gov :shifty:

KYR
12-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Except one. :shifty:

Droford
12-10-2009, 12:02 AM
with ECW its becoming more of a tape it and watch it a couple days later whenever show. I can ff through the commercials, RAW rewind and other crap and have it watched in less than 30 minutes..

el bobbo
12-10-2009, 12:22 AM
with ECW its becoming more of a tape it and watch it a couple days later whenever show. I can ff through the commercials, RAW rewind and other crap and have it watched in less than 30 minutes..

That's gotta be a pretty big problem with a lot of their shows, the recaps. People can just go online to get recaps. Hell, WWE.com is probably safe enough for little kids to surf it with the net nannies and such patrolling their browsing.

Even if they have always done it, maybe they can think of something else to fill the time/have the sponsor on.

Wolfpack423
12-10-2009, 01:18 AM
The only thing about ECW this week that was good was the six man and the ending between Christian and Shelton, so it's not a big deal. Vance vs. Dreamer was horrible and Berette and whatever his name is aren't really anything at the moment, they face jobbers.

Emperor Smeat
12-10-2009, 02:02 AM
I think ScFy Channel is the ones pushing the WWE to fix the show since the original contract was a test contract but had a ratings clause in it and once they renewed the contract, they probably didn't assume how much the WWE would change the show into a development show.

ECW as a development show is working but the very small roster and too many commercials/recaps/useless stuff is hurting it more than it should be.

Droford
12-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Im going to bet that if you take a look at the ratings for ECW, theyve probably been down ever since they added Superstars to WGN.

Team Canada
12-10-2009, 03:39 AM
ECW has been for the last 12 months or so beyond a breeding ground of sorts for WWE, to test their developmental talent in how well the TV audience reacts to them and how well they can perform on the mainstream media level. If there was a re-vamp of the show, I would hope it would place an emphasis more so on this concept. This concept is what has had me tuning into ECW for quite some time now. FCW Talent is the future stars of tomarrow and WWE needs to get them exposed. With lack of competition for many years now since the purchase of WCW and the self ridden demise of the original ECW, WWE has been to say none to less "lack luster" in building and bringing new superstars to light in the fashion and light that they once held. If the ECW brand were to move away from this concept, I would for one think its a horrible idea, I don't want another recap show a C grade midcard stars vs local talent show. Maybe revamping and bringing FCW to the mainstage could be a means to a positive end. Just my random thoughts of the moment.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2009, 02:14 AM
I've never understood why the WWE is treating ECW like the unwanted step-child of their family. It seems counter-productive to business to me. For example: Why doesn't the WWE consider the ECW Title a World Title? It's not very hard to call Mark Henry and John Morrison "former World Champions." It makes them, and ECW, look better.

If you're embarrassed to call Chavo Guerrero a former "World Champion," then don't let him hold the ECW Title. Start booking the brand as one that can compete with RAW and SmackDown!, ASAP.

DX winning the Unified WWE Tag Team Titles and showing up there would be great for their ratings. Especially if there was a heel union there for them to face. I guess The Ruthless Roundtable qualify. When Jim Ross is ready to return, have him work with Josh Mathews on commentary there. That would add some credibility to the show. Maybe have Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali and any other main eventers that sort of aren't in use move over there?

I don't see how the WWE hopes to increase ECW's ratings by treating them like an afterthought.

Indifferent Clox
12-12-2009, 02:53 AM
shut up taker707