PDA

View Full Version : Ever had an online game get hacked?

Drakul
12-11-2009, 02:12 AM
I was playing GTA IV (TBoGT) online in free mode just now and, once the game filled up, someone had clearly hacked it. Suddenly, other players were driving cars I never saw before. Vans and cars that looked like they were from the 40's. I thought nothing of it until a black cop car drove by. Not the blue stinger, incase you think I miss-ID-ed it.
I stopped it but there was no driver and I couldn't open the door. No one could. It eventually drove off on its own with no driver.
Then an entire street exploded, killing me. I mean the ground itself blew up.
Finally, NPCs began driving golf carts and one guy, the guy I think that hacked it, was going faster than the game allows in any car while he drove a golfcart. He collided with me which sent me and mine flying.

So, hacked, right?

Anyone come across a hacker online?

Kalyx triaD
12-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Halo 2 multiplayer. Jesus Christ.

Vietnamese Crippler
12-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Counter Strike and Modern Warfare 1 & 2 (for PC) come to mind.

Xero
12-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Honestly can't see how it's possible to hack a 360 game like that. Even if it were possible locally, doesn't make sense to be able to happen online. You'd have to download the files for the models and whatnot.

Drakul
12-11-2009, 03:14 AM
I was thinking that. Thats why I thought nothing of the odd vehicles. I thought they knew where they where hidden. The black cop car driving itself and being unenterable, the ground exploding, NPCs in golf carts and the supersonic golf cart must be hacks though.
Maybe the cars are unused files on the disc or in the DLC file?

I read on a GTA forum that someone found mention of cars in the game files that aren't used. Not sure if they got further than that.

The Mackem
12-11-2009, 03:30 AM
Sounds quite cool

Crazy Nick
12-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Yeah it use to happen to me all the time playing Smackdown VS RAW 2006 and 2007 online, people would use moves that werent even in the game.

Verbose Minch
12-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Team Fortress 2 on 360.

DrA
12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Madden NFL 2005 with that stupid punt glitch. Huge pain in the ass, especially when I tried to punt on a third and long situation.

Ermaximus
12-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Team Fortress 2 on 360.

This game gets hacked quite a good bit. Anything from giant characters, to invisible characters, infinite criticals, no gravity, and the oddest yet was a black scout npc with a giant frog on it's face that couldn't be killed, yet it kept spawning a new soldier every minute. Strange shit.

Drakul
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I think I figured some stuff out. The black cop car may have been the result of a cheat to turn traffic black. No idea why it drove itself or wasnt enterable though.
The exploding street may have been someone using a cheat that gives Uzi bullets rocket launcher properties. That explains all the huge simultaneous explosions. I''ve no idea how the other stuff happened.

Played free mode again and saw a few golf carts again. Also there was a bright pink Patriot with no doors. It had 3 or 4 players in it but they didn't drive it, they stayed put and were invincable inside it and the car couldn't be destroyed. At one point, it was knocked onto it's roof but it began floating, turned the right way up, continued hovering before gentley lowering itself.

DAMN iNATOR
12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, sounds like the kind of stupid fucks who just sit around doing that shit for a few cheap laughs. Probably don't even take gaming online seriously at all, if I had to hazard a guess.

RoXer
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
All the time with TF2.

Emperor Smeat
12-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Hacking wise, Counter Strike on the PC but if you include glitching then one of the Madden's where the punting could be glitched to always end up as a block and Halo 1 with the portals if you knew where each one lead to for the other team. Forgot which map it was that had 1 main one for the other team so if you camped at the spot, you could get easy kills once the player "popped" out of a portal.