PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Champion of Europa
12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Two words: bad ass. Two more words: Fuck yes.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzP2wm33U5c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzP2wm33U5c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

XCaliber
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Glad to see they made a sequel but I'm a little confused since both endings from the original take completely different paths unless he was cloned.

BigDaddyCool
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Did the first one have any replay value?

Champion of Europa
12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
It did on the Wii. LIGHT SABER DUELS

BigDaddyCool
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't have wii.

Shadow
12-14-2009, 05:52 PM
You should get a Wii.

Also...didn't he die at the end?

D Mac
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
First one was kind of a let down. This one better not be.

ClockShot
12-14-2009, 06:04 PM
A bit on the overhype on the first game since you could buzz through story mode pretty quick.

Got all the costumes and color crystals then brought it back. Little did I knew that DLC came like 6 months after. Probably ain't worth it, however.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 06:04 PM
It isn't.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I had high hopes after playing the demo. But this was shit. that's the reason I didn't get excited for Arkham Asylum, because I figured it'd be just like the demo and that's it, even though the demo was awesome I just didn't think 12-20 hours of that would be fun. But i guess you can't judge a game by the demo.

BigDaddyCool
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I had high hopes after playing the demo. But this was shit. that's the reason I didn't get excited for Arkham Asylum, because I figured it'd be just like the demo and that's it, even though the demo was awesome I just didn't think 12-20 hours of that would be fun. But i guess you can't judge a game by the demo.

That is why i don't get exicted for a lot of games because you buzz through the storylines and the side quests get boring and annoying.

XCaliber
12-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Also...didn't he die at the end?

That was the point I was trying to make you either get killed which is the canon ending btw or suffer a fate that could be considered worse which oddly enough they made an expansion of.

LuigiD
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
The wii one was bad ass. Even my gf who does not give 2 shits about star wars loved it. Specially the duels.
I am happy for it.
Regarding the story..remember cloning technology in the SW universe..It would not surprise me if Vader clones him or something to keep the plan..who knows..
that Rancor got his ass handed to him tho.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I still get excited for games. I just don't get excited by demos.

Reavant
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
that or vader just told the emperor he was dead and then kept him alive

Reavant
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8smKnqkRFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8smKnqkRFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

XCaliber
12-14-2009, 07:55 PM
that or vader just told the emperor he was dead and then kept him alive

That is an interesting theory but that would that mean Vader was trying to sabotage the Dark Side from within all along ensuring the Empire's failure.

Reavant
12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
its pretty clear from the whole first video game and in the return of the jedi that he was doing that all along

Reavant
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
hes not trying to sabotage the dark side hes trying to overthrow the emperor... he hates the emperor but theres nothing he can do, which is why he tries to get apprentices to help him like this one or how he tries to get luke

Reavant
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
then again, maybe this game isnt canon

Ermaximus
12-15-2009, 09:03 AM
hes not trying to sabotage the dark side hes trying to overthrow the emperor... he hates the emperor but theres nothing he can do, which is why he tries to get apprentices to help him like this one or how he tries to get luke

That's just how the Sith work. They always travel in 2's and the apprentice always tries to kill the master and then they take an apprentice and the cycle continues. This is why I enjoy Star Wars Legacy so much because they tossed that idea out the window.

XCaliber
12-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes Vader was power hungry and wanted to overthrow the Emperor but his plan more or less backfired since Starkiller pretty much betrayed him and was strong enough to defeat him.

Reavant
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
The Emperor promised Anikin that he would able to prevent padme's death if he joined the darkside, padme ended up dying, and anikin lost a lot of power when obiwon choped him up. He was now not powerful enough to defeat the emperor outright so he trained starkiller to do it, and in the movies he tried to do the same with luke, which in a way he did end up doing.

Vader's hunger for power came from his obsession of the death of his mother and trying to prevent padme from ever dying. Once she died, he wanted to destroy everything. Once he found out he had children, he wanted to kill the emperor again.

Shaggy
12-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I loved the demo to the first game like crazy. Never got a chance to play the full game cause my roomates were hogging it the whole time. I even got around to purchasing it for $10...still havnt gotten further than the 4th level thanks to new games that have come out.

Kane Knight
12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Two words: bad ass. Two more words: Fuck yes.

I didn't think you were that shallow.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/tfuii_crop_keyart_lowres.jpg

Fignuts
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I didn't think you were that shallow.

How's the latest Dynasty Warriors game?

LuigiD
06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/tfuii_crop_keyart_lowres.jpg

Can't exactly tell but that looks like Kamino.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, Vader's trying to clone Starkiller.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Is he wearing a loin clothe because someone doesn't know how to draw a crotch?

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I can't stand the whole "secret apprentice" gimmick they rely on for nearly every expanded universe venture they do now.
There's plenty of other avenues to explore in Star Wars. There was a time not to long ago, in a galaxy not too far away, where lightsabers and jedis weren't the only part of Star Wars that people had any interest in.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah, you could be one of the Fetts! The should exploit that to then Nth degree as well.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 03:42 PM
They should use the scope of modern games to do more with the story after the original trilogy.
The Dark Forces games were fantastic.
I've never been a big fan or supporter of the expanded stuff, but I know the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire storylines were a hit, and went into the aftermath of the original trilogy.

Even a remake/expansion of Shadows of the Empire would be more interesting than a sequel here, I think.

Of course, they will eventually do all of this so it makes little difference. They're just marketing the shit out of it all.
I wonder when they'll get around to a true sandbox Star Wars game...

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
The Old Republic is coming.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
You know a smuggling game set in the star wars universe would be sweet, or a smuggling game set in any space universe would be sweet. That is all I want. But Star Wars already has that flavor what with the Hutts as gangsters, the empire turning a blind eye to it as long as it isn't super important, jawas trading used and stolen droids, and so forth. There is enough back story in the star wars canon to easily make this game.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
The Old Republic has a Smuggler class, though making a game around it sounds silly. As a side element yeah but not a whole game. I don't find smuggling to be one of Star Wars' key components.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
They could easily make a game based entirely off the underworld, that would be similar to a crime tale or a western.
There's so much there.

That's actually the aspect of Star Wars I'd most like to see explored in the live action television show being developed. Who knows what that will be all about though

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 03:58 PM
BDC wasn't talking underworld, he was talking about a junkyard game.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
The Old Republic has a Smuggler class, though making a game around it sounds silly. As a side element yeah but not a whole game. I don't find smuggling to be one of Star Wars' key components.

Not just smuggling, but crime is. It was a huge part of the original trilogy, back when there were only 3 characters with lightsabers.

Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Jabba The Hutt, Lando Calrissian, Tatooine and the list goes on for elements that are strongly connected to the underworld of Star Wars.
It's even inter-woven with the plot and interests of the Rebels and Empire.

Don't let the new focus of Star Wars fool you. I think there's way too much focus on all things pre-Episode 4 now.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I see.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
My opinions on all of this are more concerned with being a Star Wars fan than a video game fan though.

But I did recently play Force Unleashed and grew to dislike it quickly. The highlight was probably the first stage with Vader and the wookies.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I was talking about smuggling, pirating and so forth. Something not unlike an updated Wing Commander - Privateer.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:09 PM
How great would be having hits and bounties put on your head for failure to complete certain missions the right way, or in a timely fashion?

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Not to mention all the colorful characters you can pick up cash giving rides to on the side, and all the interesting things that could come from that.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm majorly unimpressed with Force Unleashed as a game and Star Wars product. Just uninspired effort all around.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 04:12 PM
It's a tech demo they decided to make a game out of and a lot of people bit.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Exactly, and there is already an established pirate culture in the Star Wars universe. Tatoonie is a pirate planet. Cloud City is known to be run by an ex-pirate. So you have 2 canon hide outs, pluse it isn't hard to chalk up other hide outs, ran each with unique characteristics. Kylax just doesn't like the idea because it wouldn't be a fighting game.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Not to mention all the colorful characters you can pick up cash giving rides to on the side, and all the interesting things that could come from that.

Now you are seeing it.

Also arming the ship vs not arming the ship or how heavily armed it is would effect how well you can go undetected by authorities and how fast you can go.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Of course I originally had this idea for the "Firefly" universe, but really any sci-fi one would work.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Everyone in the Cantina has a story, and a home planet. Han and Chewy belonged to a different circle before they got caught up with people like Obi Wan and Princess Leia.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Of course I originally had this idea for the "Firefly" universe, but really any sci-fi one would work.

Well in all fairness to Firefly, they got a lot of their ideas from Star Wars. But Star Wars got it's ideas from Westerns and other places and just set them in space too, so it's fair game.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I always thought the Black Sun was one of the best non-movie elements of Star Wars that came along.
It was a branch of the Empire that existed solely to deal with the underworld and crime in a way that was mutually benefitial.
Prince Xizor was the head of it. It was obviously part of Shadow of the Empire, because Shadows of the Empire is the only non-movie Star Wars story that even comes close to "getting" Star Wars.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Just like all western fantasys borrow heavily from JRR Tolkien. But anyhow, yes a smuggler game would be awesome. Now what would be a nice twist is if it happened after the fall of the jedi and you could make your character force sensitive so you have small force skills.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
There should be lots of allusions to Jedi as frauds and laughing stocks in that culture. After their fall, they quickly became considered liars and illegitimate, and the average joes of the galaxy perpetuated this for years.
That would be an awesome touch.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:29 PM
If I ever runs a video game company, you will be hired on as a story editor/consultant. That would make the game rich and diverse instead of just sucking jedi/sith/force dick.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Despite our history of fueds, we do have some great discussions and similar tastes. We can be the Magneto and Professor X of TPWW

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Verily. I get to be Professor X though, cause I ain't no Jew. Anyhow yes I want to design games that aren't exclusively combat oriented because that is every non-sports games and some of the sports games.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:38 PM
If I ever runs a video game company, you will be hired on as a story editor/consultant. That would make the game rich and diverse instead of just sucking jedi/sith/force dick.

This is actually where I think the prequels went wrong in a lot of places. There was a serious lack of the average human element. There was no Han Solo like character to offset the stoic characters. Everyone was a Jedi, senator, or royalty.
That stuff was always just part of a more elaborate fabric. There were some nice touches like the podracing and slave culture on Tatooine, and the cloners and what not, but for so much political drama Lucas should have balanced it out more.
With so many Jedi, they began to lose meaning and very few of them had any real connection with the audience. They were hardly "human." (I put human in quotation because characters like Chewbacca and Yoda were human despite not actually being human beings.)

That's just an overview of things though. There were other, more specific problems, and other strengths as well.
I loved the third, and certain elements of the first two. I always point that out despite criticizing the rest.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I think they teach college courses on how the star wars prequels failed, yet could have been so good.

BigDaddyCool
06-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Side note, I wrote a 20 page essay on Star Wars: A New Hope in a rheotical critism class.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I want to play Jedi Knight II again

LuigiD
06-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I think a SW smuggler/pirate game sounds pretty interesting actually.
I can just picture a smuggler running around Coruscant robbing, killing, doing odd jobs, etc. Almost like a GTA SW rip off. With the ability to travel to other planets, upgrade ships, weapons, etc..if done well it could be gold.
What bothers me about SW games is that the SW games make the SW universe look smaller than it actually is. Every game needs to have a shitload of cameos by already established characters. Every time that is done, to me, it makes the SW universe seem smaller and smaller. What are the chances that in a galaxy with trillions of living beings you are going to keep running into Fett, Leia, Chewie, etc all the time?

XCaliber
06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I want to play Jedi Knight II again

Sadly I rented this game once and never had the opportunity to play it the whole way through but it's predecessor and follower were great SW games.

Fignuts
06-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Force Unleashed was flawed, but it was still a lot of fun. And the story, was one of the better EU stories in recent years.

Jeritron
06-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't follow the EU, so I won't argue that, but I just didn't enjoy it. But I am not a fan of the "secret apprentice" gags at all. They did it with the clone wars cartoons as well.

There are some great aspects of the game, but I just became bored with it fast. Something about it was just so bland to me.

Kalyx triaD
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I agree secret apprentices and secret clone trooper teams and secret battles are kinda cheap, an quick way to explain why _________ didn't appear or wasn't mentioned in the 6 films. It's gotten old. I like Ahsoka Tano but asking me to accept that she was around during such an important era, hanging around such an important character (the character), is nearly trolling.

Unless, of course... the Clone Wars is a retcon of this period, which they will almost certainly never admit to, because Star Wars is above every franchise ever or something.

Balls out sequels is what this brand needs, which the novels went with full throttle (producing some tales which were more epic than the initial trilogy). Hell, I liked KOTOR 1 and 2 more than the first trilogy, partly because it didn't sneak in between major events - it was a prequel set way back. More freedom. Better story because if it.

If Lucas doesn't want to drop eps. 7/8/9, let a game series bring the cast together to translate stories already told. I'd love it.

alvarado52
06-05-2010, 04:38 PM
The storyline of Force Unleashed tied into the canon/trilogy really well actually

BigDaddyCool
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I think a SW smuggler/pirate game sounds pretty interesting actually.
I can just picture a smuggler running around Coruscant robbing, killing, doing odd jobs, etc. Almost like a GTA SW rip off. With the ability to travel to other planets, upgrade ships, weapons, etc..if done well it could be gold.
What bothers me about SW games is that the SW games make the SW universe look smaller than it actually is. Every game needs to have a shitload of cameos by already established characters. Every time that is done, to me, it makes the SW universe seem smaller and smaller. What are the chances that in a galaxy with trillions of living beings you are going to keep running into Fett, Leia, Chewie, etc all the time?

Depending on the time period, the smuggling game should take place in familiar settings, like Mos Eisle and have the canteen, but there should be need places too. Of course in Mos Eisle you would have to deal with Jabba the Hutt as he is the mob boss of that town/port. I could see you having to deal with maybe Watto would run the parts shop there too. Of course those two cameos would make sense and aren't forced (pun intended).

I wouldn't have Jango or Boba Fett because they are high priced assassins that most likely wouldn't wait their time on some no low level smuggler. Definitely would not have any of the main characters because we know their stories. Basically only have cameos that make sense. Would a low level smuggler be ruffed up by Greedo because Jabba wants his money? Yes, we see that. Would a low level smuggler attract the attention of Darth Vader? Not unless he had his old master and his kids on the ship with him.

I suppose you could be Han Solo before the whole new hope thing, and that would logically eliminate a need to have certain cameos.

Fignuts
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree secret apprentices and secret clone trooper teams and secret battles are kinda cheap, an quick way to explain why _________ didn't appear or wasn't mentioned in the 6 films. It's gotten old. I like Ahsoka Tano but asking me to accept that she was around during such an important era, hanging around such an important character (the character), is nearly trolling.

Unless, of course... the Clone Wars is a retcon of this period, which they will almost certainly never admit to, because Star Wars is above every franchise ever or something.

Balls out sequels is what this brand needs, which the novels went with full throttle (producing some tales which were more epic than the initial trilogy). Hell, I liked KOTOR 1 and 2 more than the first trilogy, partly because it didn't sneak in between major events - it was a prequel set way back. More freedom. Better story because if it.

If Lucas doesn't want to drop eps. 7/8/9, let a game series bring the cast together to translate stories already told. I'd love it.

With both ahsoka tano, and the apprentice, they are appearing in a time period in between movies. I'm sure they will explain why she isn't in RotS, before Clone Wars is over. Both these characters' stories don't directly impact the stories going on in the movies, so I'm fine with introducing new characters in these things, as long as it is explained why they didn't show up later.

Still waiting on on the fate of asajj ventress.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Zd_khk6zXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Zd_khk6zXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

D Mac
10-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Demo is awesome. Looks like this is gonna be 100x better then the first. Love the Jedi Mind Trick. :D

Disturbed316
10-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Demo was great fun, will certainly be getting this at some point.

Kane Knight
10-16-2010, 01:17 PM
That is an interesting theory but that would that mean Vader was trying to sabotage the Dark Side from within all along ensuring the Empire's failure.

It was made pretty clear in the canon sources that Vader was more or less enslaved and seeking a way out. The EU expands on that further but, as we know, they don't count for shit.

Besides, would you want to live in this working environment?

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/articles/article/7946/sp218.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7946-Stolen-Pixels-218-Now-Hiring (If the image doesn't show)

Funky Fly
10-16-2010, 03:34 PM
lol

stultiloquy
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Wasn't too impressed with The Force Unleashed, I felt the combat was shallow, the AI incredibly dumb and one dimensional, the lead character was uninspired and generic, and it was just too much of a God of War clone for me to really get into it.

For my money, Jedi Outcast was/is a way more solid game than The Force Unleashed.

XCaliber
10-16-2010, 04:06 PM
lol anywho I had the opportunity to try the demo last night and from what little of it I was able to play this is I'm already starting to believe this game will outdo it's predcessor in every way.

Fignuts
10-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Wasn't too impressed with The Force Unleashed, I felt the combat was shallow, the AI incredibly dumb and one dimensional, the lead character was uninspired and generic, and it was just too much of a God of War clone for me to really get into it.

For my money, Jedi Outcast was/is a way more solid game than The Force Unleashed.

I prefer Outcast as well. Academy even moreso, but it's kind of unfair to compare those games to unleashed. Apples and oranges, pretty much.

G
10-16-2010, 06:46 PM
around 1:53ish, what part of the movies is this music from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWH0f8wo-g

Kane Knight
10-16-2010, 07:03 PM

I only borrowed TFU from a friend. It was sold on its technical capacity, mainly its physics engines. And in the end, it felt like a tech demo. Throwing shit around with the force was cool, especially with enemies who would hold on for dear life.

But the story was pretty shallow. Its parallels to the original Saga cannot be ignored. they wanted a cinematic experience, and they failed. The combat engine was incredibly dumb.

But with the first one being a tech demo, I can't help but wonder what's going on in TFU 2. Maybe we finally get the game the first one should have been.

MAYBE.

lol anywho I had the opportunity to try the demo last night and from what little of it I was able to play this is I'm already starting to believe this game will outdo it's predcessor in every way.
Won't take much.

ClockShot
10-16-2010, 07:18 PM
around 1:53ish, what part of the movies is this music from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWH0f8wo-g

Luke vs. Vader in Return on the Jedi. Their battle in front of the Emperor.

I think......

G
10-16-2010, 07:48 PM
i was thinking it was at the end of empire during their fight, but i knew it was something else.

D Mac
10-16-2010, 07:52 PM
GEEKS

Jeritron
10-27-2010, 03:09 AM
I just tried to give the first one another shot. My good lord I hate that game even more now.
I fucking just hate it. I'm actually kind of steamed right now because there's shit in that game that is so broken and frustrating. I'd rather get kicked in the balls than play the second one.

D Mac
10-27-2010, 06:32 AM
lol 6.5 (passable) from IGN. Wow

D Mac
10-27-2010, 06:34 AM
6.0 (fair) from Gamespot.

Reavant
10-27-2010, 08:43 AM
i loved the first one... this one was aweful

Jeritron
10-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Damn. When I saw the commercial I figured maybe I'd give the first one another try and if I liked it I'd try the second one, but I don't think that's going to be happening.
I checked out some cut scenes on youtube. That'll do.

Jeritron
10-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I watched one with Boba Fett and one with Yoda. Cool I guess, but nothing very exciting.
Also hate that they keep trying to push Jango's voice on Boba. I don't care if it's supposed to make sense. Fuck that.

LuigiD
10-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I was thinking of possibly getting this but after seeing such poor reviews from critics and fans alike..I think I will wait for the bargain bin.

Ermaximus
10-27-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm actually enjoying this game. Grabing TIE fighters and slamming them on top of groups of stormtroopers never gets old.

Jeritron
10-27-2010, 09:20 AM
It got old for me in the first game, but if it didn't I'd probably just go back and play it again. I'd expect 2 to be an improvement rather than more of the same with a different storyline.

My biggest problems with the first one were with some of the controls. The camera angles would fuck me up sometimes, but the most annoying thing was how the attack moves had these big animations that wouldn't stop once you started. Even if you did another move it would keep going.
That's not what was annoying, but the fact that you would move around during this and there are a lot of ledges. If you were locked into an attack near a ledge, it's too late. I felt like I wasn't always in control of my character. That's Simon's Quest bullshit.

Same with camera angles during action sometimes. Struggling with the play itself was the only challenge I faced, and it wasn't a fun one, because it's clearly not an intentional challenge in the game.

Everything else about the game was sometimes painfully easy, because it was just hack and slash bullshit with little to no variety or thought. I'm not saying I need elaborate puzzles but it was just so repetitive.
Plus a lot of the levels were just so similar or boring. Lots of dull enemies and designs, and environments. Didn't feel up to par with exploring the Star Wars universe, which is always fun in any medium.

Basically the first level with Vader slaying Wookies was fucking incredible, and then it was all downhill from there. It would either get very boring or very frustrating, and I couldn't be bothered anymore.

Reavant
10-27-2010, 09:22 AM
yea it has cool parts, but the story sucks... it cant possibly be cannon unless they clif hanged it to make a 3rd, the game takes 3 hours to complete, theres no real boss characters other than the giant ape or vader, some of the minigames that break from the roaming style of the first are more annoying than refreshing, and the camera is terrible.

the combat and moves are better, but the targeting and moving shit where you want it is worse.

Fignuts
10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Was no reason, from a storyline perspective, to make a sequel. First was great. Knew as soon as this was announced that this would be shit. Like, Dark Empire shit.

Reavant
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
it felt half as long as the first. fuck there were really only 4 levels

Ermaximus
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
These challenges are a fucking joke. If I wanted to play challenges I'd replay Arkham Asylum.

Reavant
11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
they unlock whether the darkside or light side ending is the legit one

Shaggy
11-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Even though the game was really really really short....I enjoyed it. It really made you feel like a bad ass and I loved taking on waves after waves of troopers instead of like 3 at a time mostly in the last game.

Very fun but definently not worth the price tag.

Reavant
11-10-2010, 08:11 AM
well the guaranteed that they are going to make a third instalment

Ermaximus
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
All I have left is to gold medal that first challenge. That's so not going to happen as that challenge is retarded.

Reavant
11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
it takes forever and you have to almost be perfect