PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who has read Bret's Biography

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-19-2009, 07:19 PM
What was the deal with him and Daveyboy at SS '92? I was watching it on youtube and apparently Davey was coming off a coke/crack binge and was in awful shape and Bret had to carry him.

But also apparently something else should have happened when the match was over and Davey went for the handshake too early? What else was supposed to happen?

I'd put this in Q and A but fuck that noone would answer the damned question. But I want to know the whole story going into and aftermath of the match... PLZ and THX

Loose Cannon
12-19-2009, 07:22 PM
what are you asking? from the sounds of it, you already sort of know what happened

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Well I only know the basis I don't really understand anything clearly that happened? What was supposed to happen after the match? What spots did Bulldog fuck up otherwise? Was there any tension between the two?

Loose Cannon
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
oh got ya.

ok so a couple months or so before Summerslam, Bulldog injured himself in a match. So he sat home all summer just drinking and smoking crack with Jim Neidhart according to Bret. So he showed up for the match in no shape what so ever to wrestle. Bret pretty much carried the entire thing. Bulldog blew a couple spots or didn't remember what he was suppossed to do. He crotched Bret on the post once, he mistimed Bret's plancha to the outside and a couple other things.

On the handshake, if you watch the tape, look at Bret right after the match. He's all pissed off. He was doing this deliberately so Bulldog would come over and extend his hand and Bret would look around and finally shake it. Instead, Bulldog forgot about it and Bret just walked over and shook his hand.

redoneja
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Not in relation to yr question but I love the story about him and Neidhart doing the Hart Attack on Vince in a nightclub after LOD faked like they were going to give him the Doomsday Device. :lol:

redoneja
12-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Also, if I ever injured myself, I'd spend my time recovering by smoking crack and drinking with the Anvil.

Loose Cannon
12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
lol yea, Heartattack on Vince was tremendous. tons of funny stories like that in the book

redoneja
12-19-2009, 07:41 PM
lol yea, Heartattack on Vince was tremendous. tons of funny stories like that in the book

Yea definitely a bunch of great stories in there. Would love it if there was a book or documentary on road stories from WWF 1985-1994 or so. Just because of the roster during that time.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
lol Heart Attack on Vince.

Bulldog definitely seemed blown up for the majority of the match, Bret was on the offensive most of the time and when Bulldog got offense or was walking around he looked like he wanted to die. He was also puffy as shit.

And Bret did almost murder him with that plancha but it ended up looking like an awesome move.

The MAC
12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
there was supposed to be a moment where davey turns around and he and bret then reconcile with a handshake. The whole point was to make a heartwarming moment. But davey was busy playing to the crowd.

Anybody Thrilla
12-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Damn. This thread is ruining one of my favorite childhood memories.

Pretty amazing how that match is still considered the best match in Summerslam history by WWE.com.

Loose Cannon
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
your childhood memories are now filled with cokeheads and drunks

The MAC
12-20-2009, 01:16 AM
davey missed spots like crazy that night. Possibly the only ppv where the intercontinental title was the main event.

The finish was something bret got from his stampede days. It worked well and was hard to botch even for davey.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 10:24 AM
So, are there any stories in Bret's book that don't involve him "carrying" someone, burying someone, talk about how great Bret is, or anything that doesn't make Bret look like the arrogant cock that he is?

James Steele
12-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Also, January 4th....OMG CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!1

The MAC
12-20-2009, 11:48 AM
yea me too! TNA gonna be off the hook :shifty:

James Steele
12-20-2009, 11:50 AM
LOLZ TNA

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
So, are there any stories in Bret's book that don't involve him "carrying" someone, burying someone, talk about how great Bret is, or anything that doesn't make Bret look like the arrogant cock that he is?

An arrogant pro wrestler? You're kidding me!

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
And of what we know about Davey it's not exactly hard to believe he was coming off a crack binge lol.

Maybe you should go tickle HHH's balls some more ;)

James Steele
12-20-2009, 12:15 PM
And of what we know about Davey it's not exactly hard to believe he was coming off a crack binge lol.

Maybe you should go tickle HHH's balls some more ;)

At least I know the balls I'd be tickling were classy and faithful to his wife. How about you go tickle the balls of some washed up wrestler who only is still famous because he put over Shawn Michaels.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
lol yeah HHH is a great guy, keep believing that ;)

And I don't know if you've noticed this, but other than maybe 1-3 matches a year, HHH is pretty mediocre nowadays.

I guess it's hard to pick up on that fact when his balls are so firmly entrenched in your mouth, it's easy to get blinded.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 12:29 PM
AND HHH is famous for putting.... uh.... hmmm... *scratches head*.... fucking nobody at all, over.

Though I guess I lose because you're loser ass wants an altercation, but you suck so much I really don't have a choice.

Zen v.W.o.
12-20-2009, 12:34 PM
At least I know the balls I'd be tickling were classy and faithful to his wife. How about you go tickle the balls of some washed up wrestler who only is still famous because he put over Shawn Michaels.

HHH HAS to be faithful to her. If he wasn't, he'd be FIIIIIIIIIRREEEEEDDDDD!!!!

We KNOW who wears the pants in that relationship.

DaveWadding
12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Damn. This thread is ruining one of my favorite childhood memories.

Pretty amazing how that match is still considered the best match in Summerslam history by WWE.com.

Bret/Perfect will never be ruined.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 12:42 PM
lol yeah HHH is a great guy, keep believing that ;)

And I don't know if you've noticed this, but other than maybe 1-3 matches a year, HHH is pretty mediocre nowadays.

I guess it's hard to pick up on that fact when his balls are so firmly entrenched in your mouth, it's easy to get blinded.

Triple H has put on more classic matches in the past 10 years than Bret Hart.

AND HHH is famous for putting.... uh.... hmmm... *scratches head*.... fucking nobody at all, over.

Though I guess I lose because you're loser ass wants an altercation, but you suck so much I really don't have a choice.

Triple H made Randy Orton and Batista. Triple H helped re-establish Shawn Michaels when he returned in 2002. Triple H helped Ric Flair respect himself. Triple H put Chris Benoit over in one of the greatest moments in WrestleMania history. Triple H has done it all!

Anybody Thrilla
12-20-2009, 12:47 PM
James Steele is surely yanking some chains right here. Pay no mind.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 12:49 PM
James Steele is surely yanking some chains right here. Pay no mind.

:shifty:

Nark Order
12-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Alright. I'm about 70 pages into this book but I've decided I have to go for it now that I don't have school. Determined to finish it before his return. Wish me luck, everybody.

Zen v.W.o.
12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Triple H has put on more classic matches in the past 10 years than Bret Hart.

Not a difficult task to accomplish considering Hart hasn't wrestled this past decade. In fact, the entire wwe roster has been in one more classic match than Bret in the past 10 years, and that includes all those guys that Bret could have wrestled circles around back in the day, including HHH.

The mark of a GREAT elite wrestler however, is when you can carry chumps to their best matches or great one's. HHH doesnt do that. Bret has.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Alright. I'm about 70 pages into this book but I've decided I have to go for it now that I don't have school. Determined to finish it before his return. Wish me luck, everybody.

Hopefully you don't die from boredom. I can't imagine reading 592 pages of "I'm the best. Shawn Michaels is a fag. Vince McMahon is an asshole. How could they screw me after everything I did for the company. Man, I fucked this one chick in Brussels and her tits were HUGE. Did I forget to mention that I am the single greatest entity in the history of the world?"

James Steele
12-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Not a difficult task to accomplish considering Hart hasn't wrestled this past decade. In fact, the entire wwe roster has been in one more classic match than Bret in the past 10 years, and that includes all those guys that Bret could have wrestled circles around back in the day, including HHH.

Zen, what is that going over your head?

Nark Order
12-20-2009, 12:55 PM
James Steele, how does one become a die hard fan of Triple H, of all people? Jesus fucking christ.

Zen v.W.o.
12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Nothing.

I respond to the text I see before me. I do not read into possible sarcasm or other elements that can not truly be picked up on a screen. I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Nothing.

I respond to the text I see before me. I do not read into possible sarcasm or other elements that can not truly be picked up on a screen. I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.

You didn't think there was any possibility of sarcasm when I said Triple H had more classic matches than Bret Hart in the past 10 years. You know Bret Hart hasn't wrestled in 10 years, and you know Triple H has wrestled the past ten years. (and had the heart and determination to comeback from several career-threatening injuries...unlike that pussy Bret Hart.)

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
James Steele, how does one become a die hard fan of Triple H, of all people? Jesus fucking christ.

I think this will help you understand:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHerC6qeNUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHerC6qeNUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:07 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QjuATXGc6JM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QjuATXGc6JM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I can honestly admit that at one time, as of late actually, I completely despised Triple H. I joined hands with "smarks" across the web in propounding my disgust for this superstar because of his back-stage politics, marriage to Stephanie, talent-squashing ways, blah, blah, blah. I mean I honestly thought I had Paul pinned down as pro-wrestling's anti-Christ and if need be could reel off every excuse in the book for what now seems to be just a blatantly ignorant viewpoint.

What led me to my proverbial "seeing of the light" so-to-speak were two things: first, that at one time I considered HHH to be my favorite wrestler next only to The Rock and second, I recently did some digging for any and all information on the "Cerebral Assassin". Much to my surprise, I was dumb-founded with what I had uncovered.
Seems like Paul Levesque, aka Hunter Hearst-Helmsley aka The Game, is that damn good. However I must credit www.triplehunleashed.com (http://www.triplehunleashed.com/) for making me see the error of my ways. Had I not come across this site out of boredom, I may still be among the legions of naysayers who have issues with Levesque and HHH. Gratefully, my once skewed viewpoint has been straightened to a certain degree.

Don't get me wrong, I still had my gripes. The 30-minute promos, the predictable matches, the dominant title reigns: HHH has used all of these tactics much to the chagrin of the avid internet smark. But who hasn't" On top of that, once I really thought about those three factors and how they pertain to the business, those gripes turned to gratitude.

If you want to hate on his promos, at least the guy can get fans to listen, at least he deserves to have a mic in his hand (compared to some of the lackluster orators who find it the epitome of difficulty to even string together a coherent sentence, much less a monologue riveted with passion and intensity). If I had a choice of a heel promo, give me Trip's any day of the week.

If you want to hate on his predictable matches than go ahead and throw Flair, Cena, HBK, Austin, Hogan, Rock, hell, throw 75% of the marquee superstars of this industry into the exact same category because like it or not: when a wrestler is "over" with the fans, they know the fans want to see those signature spots. It's smart money-making.

If you want to hate on his title reigns, then you must really not understand the business as well as you think you do. I don't know about you, but HHH restored so much credibility to the championship that I couldn't wait to see him drop the belt, it made me salivate that much more for a deserving star to grab the ball and run with it. Or would you rather have the days of WCW when the belt meant nothing more than some gold and leather, because it was being switched left and right to undeserving "wrestlers". (David Arquette anyone")

The truth is this: HHH has done his job better than anyone on the current roster, both shows included. Why" Because he's truly made all us smarks hate him, loathe him and BELIEVE IN THE UNDERCARD. That's the whole point of a heel, right" They make us hate them, make us hurl obscenities, even drive us to the point of swearing off wrestling... but we still watch with baited breath for the moment that heel is toppled and makes way for the new blood. HHH is the best heel in the history of this industry because during a time of low ratings and weak buy rates, he has given the belt the legacy it deserves, the respect it commands.

More importantly, Levesque himself is the complete opposite of the character he portrays. While HHH has turned on his friends time and time again for the sake of power (X-Pac, Nash, HBK), Levesque on the other hand supported his friends during the infamous Kliq-Madison Square Garden incident, stood by his decision and took his punishment like a man.

While HHH has a hunger for violence and destruction, Levesque seems like a sincerely "good" person. His "confrontation" with Bill Goldberg at a certain convention was more so Goldberg's immaturity and lack of professionalism to which Levesque laughed off with the best of intentions.

While HHH has had an iron-grip on the title, seemingly reluctant to drop it, Levesque has stated his desire to work with many of today's top workers. He truly believes in a lot of talent out there, but he knows the nature of this business. He knows what draws money and he, despite many insider accounts, sees promise in working with young up-and-comers and looks forward to helping them become a "polished stone".

Trust me, I read a lot on the net about Trip. I've read articles from "insider professionals" which do nothing but spew venom claiming the WWE is heading for disaster because of Levesque's supposed "pull" with Vince. I've read countless entries from smarks saying he's holding people down. I used to believe all this, all because I refused to give him his due. Scores of wrestlers say HHH is everything he claims to be and more. Ric Flair has said, "Triple H is the best wrestler alive in the business today. Coming from me that's about as strong of an assessment there can be." The Undertaker himself said, "Triple H has definitely earned my respect....and uh, you know, I don't throw praise lightly."

And if you honestly believe he's the nail in the WWE's coffin than why not read what many other wrestlers say about him. I mean that should be as close as getting it from the source as us smark's are going to get. If you search, you'll see they respect him for being a dedicated wrestler who has a passion for the industry paralleled by few wrestlers. If you search, read about the kind of work ethic he brings to table, read about the commitment to excellence he harbours, read about the countless number of superstars he's helped create, legacies he's helped preserve. If you search, you'll see a side of HHH that may surprise you, like it did me.

Search and seek, for the truth will set HHH free.

(Article link: http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/columns/misc/erickbernard01.html)

Nark Order
12-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I just can't comprehend somebody being a die hard, passionate Triple H fan. I mean, fuck.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:21 PM
:'( <--- Tears of joy @ the article I posted.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I just can't comprehend somebody being a die hard, passionate Triple H fan. I mean, fuck.

It is probably because I'm not a self-righteous cunt like Bret Hart and Bret Hart fans.

Nark Order
12-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I mean, I don't mind the guy and I've pretty much accepted the fact that he has to be a main eventer for life being he's railing Stephanie but I don't really see his appeal from a smark standpoint. Trips vs Orton last Wrestlemania pretty much sums up my feelings on Triple H. A wonderful build with mediocre execution.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah I don't really mind HHH either but he's fairly lackluster on a regular basis and I generally don't watch him.

But yeah JS can't be for real because your posts are way too hyperbolic towards someone so mediocre.

James Steele
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
It's all about the game, and how you play it.
All about control, and if you can take it.
All about your debt, and if you can pay it.
It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it.
I am the game, you don't wanna play me.
I am control, no way you can change me.
I have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me.
Look over your shoulder, ready to run.
Like a cleveland pitch, from a smoking gun.
I am the game, and I make the rules.
So move on out, or you can die like a fool.
Try and figure out what my move's gonna be.
Come on over sucker, why don't you ask me.
Don't you forget there's a price you can pay.
'cause I am the game and I want to play.

weather vane
12-20-2009, 02:11 PM
A friend of mines cousin was just going out with Bret Hart. Dumped him and said he was the biggest prick ever. She said something about he just used his Dad's money and stuff like that. She knew he was goin back to WWE like 5 months ago but I never even thought about posting it here.

The MAC
12-20-2009, 02:16 PM
um..BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T

Loose Cannon
12-20-2009, 02:22 PM
lol

IC Champion
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM

You are a moron, or as they are called everywhere else, a Texan.

The MAC
12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
HHH = horny homo hole .

jskinnyg
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM
It is probably because I'm not a self-righteous cunt like Bret Hart and Bret Hart fans.

1) HAHAHAHA and I agree with THAT remark above....

2) Nice article Mr. Steele... Very impressive... Some people get the business and some don't... It's called entertainment for a reason kids...

Spaff
12-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Instant Classic=Greatest avatar ever.

Spaff
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
james steele = redneck sister shagging hick.huck huck huck.by your previous comments i no you read the book.you hick fuck

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Now I know why I stopped postingin this forum for so long. Well I always knew, but this just affirms it.

Spaff
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Now I know why I stopped postingin this forum for so long. Well I always knew, but this just affirms it.

fuck off then

James Steele
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Spaff

The MAC
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
sqiff

RaginRonic
12-20-2009, 10:55 PM
It might sound controversial, but I'd likely create a picture of D-X standing side by side with, from left to right, and Shawn at left with Trips on the right...

'The Screwjob of Bret led.....to the Death of Owen'.

Think about that. =P

CSL
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
wut

Nervous Ferret
12-20-2009, 11:21 PM
suck it

RaginRonic
12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
suck it

Nah...I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon, you dumb cocksuckin' prick. ;)

thedamndest
12-21-2009, 05:00 PM
By that logic you should make a picture of the entire Hart clan with Stu on the left and Helen all the way on the right with...

"The Birth of Owen led to the Death of Owen."

Think about THAT. :P

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2009, 05:16 PM
HHH>Bret Hart