PDA

View Full Version : Are their any storylines going on in the WWE?

Savio
12-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Can't think of any since the Hornswoggle thing is over.

Indifferent Clox
12-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Cena v Sheamus

Kofi v Orton

Batista v Taker v mysterio

CM Punk v Killings

Jackson v kozlov

Legacy v Bourne

Triple Naitch
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
WWE usually goes on cruise control from the last PPV of December through the rest of the year.

Skippord
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Are there any storylines going on in the WWE?

Savio
12-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Cena v Sheamus

Kofi v Orton

Batista v Taker v mysterio

CM Punk v Killings

Jackson v kozlov

Legacy v BourneI can't comment on most of these but I don't really see any much of a story in Kofi vs Orton or Cena vs Sheamus. Cena wants his title back which isn't much of a story and Kofi vs Orton.....is there really a story in there or just a feud?

Jeritron
12-21-2009, 11:18 PM
WWE usually goes on cruise control from the last PPV of December through the rest of the year.

Never really thought of this, but it's absolutely true. With the exception of the winter of 98-99 when shit was red hot, they almost always pack it in from the December PPV until the Rumble.

It probably has a lot to do with the holidays and the fact that people are probably mailing it in there. Plus the fans probably aren't paying much attention and they figure they can get by with tribute to the troops and some santa skits

Loose Cannon
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
yep, pretty much why I never watch until after the new year

Indifferent Clox
12-21-2009, 11:22 PM
I guess most of those are just feuds.

erickman
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
bret heart story an tring to bury hogan an tna i guess.

Lock Jaw
12-21-2009, 11:36 PM
I can't comment on most of these but I don't really see any much of a story in Kofi vs Orton or Cena vs Sheamus. Cena wants his title back which isn't much of a story and Kofi vs Orton.....is there really a story in there or just a feud?

I'm confused. What is the difference between a feud and a storyline? Pretty sure feuds ARE storylines.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah the Storyline of Gorgeous Dale Newstead vs. Raw... if RAW can get me to watch more than 15 minutes an episode it wins. Thus far I have been winning in squash matches.

Xero
12-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Never really thought of this, but it's absolutely true. With the exception of the winter of 98-99 when shit was red hot, they almost always pack it in from the December PPV until the Rumble.

It probably has a lot to do with the holidays and the fact that people are probably mailing it in there. Plus the fans probably aren't paying much attention and they figure they can get by with tribute to the troops and some santa skits

There's no excuse for tonight's RAW.

Savio
12-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm confused. What is the difference between a feud and a storyline? Pretty sure feuds ARE storylines.
Feuds are really just a series of matches. Storylines are reasons why they are fueding (like orton punting Cenas dad, or Kane hating undertaker because he burned him)

St. Jimmy
12-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Best WWE Champion in awhile right now. That's something good.

DaveWadding
12-22-2009, 02:03 AM
the golf club vs. the guy in the Tiger suit.

RKO'em
12-22-2009, 03:29 AM
hahaha Raw was horrendous...and no, there's really no solid storylines right now beside the hornswoggle/DX garbage.

Emperor Smeat
12-23-2009, 02:47 AM
I think the Kofi-Orton feud revolves around how Kofi denied Orton a title shot a while ago or whatever they said it was on the last Raw. Might have been around Summerslam or a few weeks after it.

There should be more storylines but the commentators are doing a bad job on Raw reminding the audience of them or their progress.

XL
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Didn't it start when Orton threw Kofi off the stage on the Raw after he lost the belt to Cena. Kofi then distroyed Orton's Rally Car.

Savio
12-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Ok thats how it started but has it really progressed since then? are they cutting promos on each other?

XL
12-23-2009, 08:08 PM
No.

Arnold HamNegger
12-24-2009, 01:09 AM
In order to have storylines, you need to have evolving dialogue so that the story progresses. With WWE, they just throw shit at the wall until the crowd responds to something...then they have the character just say the same shit over and over. Most "stories" never go anywhere and are dropped without any further explanation.

Plus with so many damn PPV's, there is no such thing as a slow build anymore. Any story of interest just blows it's load in it's whitey tighties in under a month. The last interesting story line to me was Punk/Hardy, but everyone (at least everyone on the internet) knew the outcome before the last match.

Yeah, Cena/Orton lasted longer...but same thing. Everyone knew the outcome before the last match.

Basically books are boring as shit if you know the ending after reading the first page. To me, that's every episode of Raw. WWE has taken the "anything can happen" factor and flushed it down the crapper. Selling merch to kiddies highly outranks creating compelling TV. That equals long term domination by faces and no credible badass heels.

BORING!

Having a heel beat Cena's ass cleanly for a while would be like having a green stripper queef in your face. You'd be shocked and incredibly refreshed because it's MINT!