PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute... (TNA this week...)

Xero
12-22-2009, 11:43 PM
So TNA is getting bumped on Christmas Eve... For Star Wars? :wtf:

Way to build your biggest franchise, Spike. I mean, I get why why they're not showing it then (ratings will be shit), but what about the rest of the week? Or how about a special?

Seems wrong to me.

Jeritron
12-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Star Wars on Christmas will do ratings. I don't think skipping one show is slighting their franchise. It's just a smart decision.

What about when USA bumped Raw for Wimbeldon and Dog Shows? That was during a massive ratings boom period too

Savio
12-22-2009, 11:46 PM
wait they bumped it from thrusday to what?

Xero
12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
But RAW was shown that week, TNA isn't being shown.

That's what confuses me. They have one show before their big Monday Night show, and it's an all Knockouts show. Which, is fine to be different, but not the show to go into their most important show ever.

Xero
12-22-2009, 11:48 PM
wait they bumped it from thrusday to what?

There's no TNA this week at all.

Jeritron
12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
I think you over-estimate what wrestling means to them. To them it's just a tv show, and its not showing on Christmas because they're showing Star Wars. They're not concerned about the hypothetical Monday night war or respect to the product.
It's just a week off for programming reasons. It happens to shows bigger than Impact all the time.

kareru
12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Starting Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve) and running each day until New Years Eve (December 31), TNAwrestling.com will feature some of the best Pay-Per-View matches of 2009, as voted by YOU THE FANS on our website! It's TNAwrestling.com's own countdown to the huge New Years Eve special! It will all lead into the four-hour New Years Knockout Eve "iMPACT!" broadcast special on Thursday, December 31 on SpikeTV - featuring the lovely TNA Knockouts and the top vote-getting Pay-Per-View matches of 2009!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/galleries/newyears/newyears2.jpg

kareru
12-22-2009, 11:50 PM
but they make up for it with a 4 hour knockout spectacular

Xero
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I think you over-estimate what wrestling means to them. To them it's just a tv show, and its not showing on Christmas because they're showing Star Wars. They're not concerned about the hypothetical Monday night war or respect to the product.
It's just a week off for programming reasons. It happens to shows bigger than Impact all the time.

You're right.

This is more a blow to TNA than Spike. Still, seems odd not to have any programming at all on TV.

Jeritron
12-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Also, Spike TV made news by winning a huge bidding war for the rights to all six Star Wars movies.

They outbit Turner Broadcasting and NBC Universal, and paid 80 million dollars just for a 5 year deal.

So I wouldn't jump the gun on assuming TNA is their biggest franchise....

DAMN iNATOR
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
So TNA is getting bumped on Christmas Eve... For Star Wars? :wtf:

Way to build your biggest franchise, Spike. I mean, I get why why they're not showing it then (ratings will be shit), but what about the rest of the week? Or how about a special?

Seems wrong to me.

They're apparently "skipping" an episode to air a 4-hour, New Year's Eve 2010 edition of iMPACT! So basically, they're covering two episodes in 1 in what I can only assume is an attempt to steal away WWE's audience for the 12/31 edition of Superstars, and obviously so they have 4 hours to promote the shit out of the Monday, January 4th special edition of iMPACT!

I'm sure Spike and TNA both worked out some sort of mutual agreement, probably in the same terms as how WWE thinks of it's working relationship with USA and RAW: "Fuck ratings, as long as we pay the network execs enough, we'll make 10x what we paid by bringing in the big money with our video service, merchandise, etc.!" (see also the VKM YT clip of him re-iterating the most important thing to pro wrestling promotions these days, "It's all about the monaaaay!"

Xero
Biggest franchise was stupid to say (UFC's bigger), should have said a franchise they were taking to the next level.

My stance still stands, and the Knockouts show is just a waste of buildable airtime.

HeartBreakMan2k

To be fair with TNA that's not a horrible thing. Their womans division is awesome.

kareru
12-23-2009, 12:01 AM
obviously they will build up the jan 4 show in the 4 hours, it makes sense not to have anymore regular impacts, this year because the first impact will be the monday night live impact because usually they film them 4 weeks in advance

Theo Dious
12-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Biggest franchise was stupid to say (UFC's bigger), should have said a franchise they were taking to the next level.

It's probably their biggest investment at this point.

DAMN iNATOR
12-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Will they also build it with terrible punctuation and grammar in the script, as well as run-on sentences?

Nah, I kid, I kid...but still, I can't help but feel that no matter what TNA tries, at least as far as 1/4 goes, they are in for at least a small measure of failure against WWE head-to-head.

Jeritron
12-23-2009, 12:06 AM
It's probably their biggest investment at this point.

See my last post.

I don't know how much they're investing in TNA, but I doubt it's on that level. TNA is it's own company, and I'm pretty sure they need Spike more than Spike needs them. How much can they really have invested? They just distribute the product, not produce it.

Jeritron
12-23-2009, 12:13 AM
TNA got a 3-year extension on their deal from Spike in August. I can't find the pricetag though

kareru
12-23-2009, 12:17 AM
See my last post.

I don't know how much they're investing in TNA, but I doubt it's on that level. TNA is it's own company, and I'm pretty sure they need Spike more than Spike needs them. How much can they really have invested? They just distribute the product, not produce it.

nah, tna is owned by panda energy and if tna gets canceled they just pull the power lol

but really the owner of panda, is dixies father and he is a rich man, richer than vinnie mac, im sure he has some 'pull' with the bigwigs

DrA
12-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Really pissed off that I don't get to watch TNA on Christmas Eve.

Jeritron
12-23-2009, 12:18 AM
I, for one, am looking forward to Star Wars

kareru
12-23-2009, 12:22 AM
im looking forward to velvet sky curing my hangover with her ass on NYD

http://i50.tinypic.com/244xzck.jpg

Stickman
12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Hold on, TNA is Spike TVs biggest franchise? Did they lose the UFC?

James Steele
12-23-2009, 03:58 AM
It isn't just a women's division show, aren't they doing a "Best of..." deal too? I imagine they are trying to hype the Jan 4 show, display/introduce their product, and get viewers through showing the Beautiful People's asses.

Savio
12-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Who is going to want to watch wrestling on new years eve?

Jeritron
12-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Didn't you ever watch Eve of Destruction?

Steveviscious89
12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Just as well I think. I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway as I will be at a family function, where there is no way in hell they would let me put a wrestling show on the tube. Actually I'm sure most of us are in the same boat.

Wolfpack423
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Besides the main event scene, my favorite part of TNA is the Knockouts division. Watch this be the biggest rating for TNA in a long time.