PDA

View Full Version : RVD to TNA

Juan
01-03-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm having a hard time believing this rumor since the only person i've seen report this news is Ryan Clark. What do you think?

Skippord
01-03-2010, 04:56 AM
I hope it's true actually

I'd love to see RVD vs Chris Sabin/Alex Shelley/Christopher Daniels/AJ Styles

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 05:36 AM
I don't think it is as unlikely as it once was. Sure, RVD does still have a healthy relationship with the WWE; but TNA is actually getting to the point where it isn't just the option for guys who have damaged bridges with Vince McMahon. TNA might fit RVD's lifestyle a bit better. His personal habits, spending time with his wife, seeing his parents, and the freedom of how to work his matches might be made easier by signing with TNA.

And it makes sense for TNA to sign RVD. He's one of the few guys out there who is actually over enough, and actually still relevant enough to turn heads. He also fits the style of TNA perfectly. RVD could be inserted into the main event with credibility, but he could also work in the X-Division and lend it so much force.

RVD has admitted that he has spoken to Dixie Carter. I'm sure TNA want RVD. It just comes down to whether or not RVD is willing to piss Vince off, is ready to return to wrestling in that sort of role, and doesn't feel threatened by the politics there.

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 05:37 AM
I'd laugh if they brought RVD in as the guy under the Suicide mask.

Arnold HamNegger
01-03-2010, 05:43 AM
I hope it's true actually

I'd love to see RVD vs Chris Sabin/Alex Shelley/Christopher Daniels/AJ Styles

:y:

I concur to this with a massive manrection!

Skippord
01-03-2010, 06:03 AM
oh and D'Angelo Dinero vs RVD again would be fantastic

Arnold HamNegger
01-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Not to mention, the Vinnie V vs Robbie V rematch!

:shifty:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0qsSoB7608&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0qsSoB7608&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol: check out 4:30.

erickman
01-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I'd laugh if they brought RVD in as the guy under the Suicide mask.

i would rather him come in as curry man, do the curry man dance. then do the rvd hand signal an rip off the mask. he could also come in as fake sting.

as for pissing off vince as long as he does not bad mouth vince when he goes to tna, vince would not be too mad. look at the send off dreamer got. he let hogan hall an nash come back.

The Pope
01-03-2010, 09:45 AM
He should come in when Jarrett and Foley are beating up nwo. He should appear from the crowd, climb the turnbuckle and hit scott hall with a flying karate kick

The Mask
01-03-2010, 10:29 AM
RVD would probably go some way towards making them relevent. he's a popular name and i don't think you can describe him as over the hill yet, unlike most of TNA's roster.

CSL
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah, reports have been knocking around for a few days, Bryan Alvarez "confirmed" it also. Only short term apparently but it's a step in the right direction

kareru
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
we'll have to wait for tomorrow to find out for sure, is anyone not exited about MNW2?

RatedGSuperstar
01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
If true, this could probably be a pretty good fit, even if it's only short-term. They'd probably allow him to be as creative in the ring as he wants, and it would provide some pretty good dream match-ups, as others have said.

Rammsteinmad
01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
It'd be cool to see, but in all fairness RVD's best days are long gone. RVD VS Christopher Daniels/AJ Styles/Kurt Angle would be great to see, but to be honest I wouldn't be too bothered if he didn't. And don't expect the same RVD who faced Jerry Lynn 10 years ago.

Also, RVD probably ranks somewhere in my top ten wrestlers of all time, so I don't mean this in a bad way at all, just saying...

kareru
01-03-2010, 12:41 PM
n January 1st it was reported that Rob Van Dam had signed a contract at the Final Resloution 2009 PPV event . In an interview on UK sun TNA President Dixie Carter mentioned RVD as on of the talents TNA signed .

Lock Jaw
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
It would give me another reason to not watch TNA.

Swiss Ultimate
01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Over at the Heyman Hustle RVD did an interview about how bummed he was about Vince's ECW. Until that moment I had never heard him talk shit about the WWE.

Nicky Fives
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I definately could see it happening, no fines for wellness policy failures in TNA.....

thedamndest
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Hogan will put some media and casual fan attention on TNA, but RVD is a better answer to Hart in the long run.

Xero
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Hogan will put some media and casual fan attention on TNA, but RVD is a better answer to Hart in the long run.

Thed knows where it's at.

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Apparently RVD is saying that he is just going to be an observer this week. Can't say for sure whether I entirely believe him. RVD is probably the biggest free agent out there still in the industry. TNA have tried. So have the WWE.

Dixie Carter apparently gave an interview recently where she said that they will go after everybody, specifically naming RVD and The Rock. Given The Rock's friendship with Jeff Jarrett, I could see him appearing on one show, or something.

Jeff Hardy is also going to be at iMPACT! this week. He is attending with Shannon Moore, who has a meeting with Hulk Hogan. I expect Moore to be signed, as Dixie Carter has had a lot of fan support to bring him back, and he worked some fantastic matches with Matt Cross on the Hulkamania tour. I cannot see Jeff Hardy not being approached about working for the company, though.

The Pope
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
The Rock, RVD, Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy to TNA in the future

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Shannon Moore is probably a given. Jeff Hardy is not as unlikely as many would think. His legal troubles are probably far less of a concern to TNA than they are to the WWE. Hell, when Kurt Angle was facing Rhaka Khan's allegations he was TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Jeff Hardy is one of the few guys out there who could probably do whatever he wanted to piss Vince off, and then find a job back with him later, because of the merchandise he moves. TNA's schedule would also allow Jeff Hardy to work on his other projects a lot more thoroughly. Hardy was feeling burned out, and TNA might be a way to dip back into the water.

CSL
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
If Jeff Hardy goes to TNA, he's a fucking idiot

DAMN iNATOR
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
If Jeff Hardy goes back to TNA, he's a fucking idiot

*AHEM* Fixed.

CSL
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, that's completely irrelevant

thedamndest
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM
You're back to completely irrelevant.

DAMN iNATOR
01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
How so? Jeff joined up with TNA once after WWE canned his ass in '03, what's to say he might not re-consider signing a new WWE contract if he thinks TNA management will care less about what he does in his personal life?

I'm not saying he would be correct to assume such a thing, just that that thought might be enough incentive for him to at least ponder a return to TNA.

thedamndest
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm a little conflicted on taking WWE castoffs. On the one hand it's important. It means TNA has new talent that the WWE isn't able to use and new faces the audience recognizes. But it can come at the cost of not pushing their homegrowns. So when they do successfully acquire former WWE talent they need to do a thorough job of rebranding it as TNA talent, not an ex-WWE guy in TNA.

CSL
01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Jeff has far more to lose going to TNA now than he did back then. Back then he was an unreliable, drugged up guy with a bit of name value with nothing to lose. Nowadays, whilst still arguably unreliable and drugged up, he's one of the few guys that can do what he wants and still maintain a high-paying, top of the card position whenever he feels like it with the biggest wrestling company in the world. A month of shitty booking in TNA (which I'm not saying would definitely be the case) would change that.

thedamndest
01-04-2010, 01:10 PM
As far as trying to lure top guys, it really comes down to what TNA does now. Angle was kind of a fluke thing. You don't see HHH, Jericho, Show, etc. beating down the door to get in to TNA. TNA can offer smaller guys a national spotlight, but what could they offer John Cena besides a reduced workload? Who knows if/when they will be in a position to lure big name guys away from their WWE contracts, but they should be making their own stars anyway.

As far as Jeff's case goes, I think he could do a stint there and come back, but why would he? If he's going to come back I would imagine he will return to the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Jeff has far more to lose going to TNA now than he did back then. Back then he was an unreliable, drugged up guy with a bit of name value with nothing to lose. Nowadays, whilst still arguably unreliable and drugged up, he's one of the few guys that can do what he wants and still maintain a high-paying, top of the card position whenever he feels like it with the biggest wrestling company in the world. A month of shitty booking in TNA (which I'm not saying would definitely be the case) would change that.

I disagree. I don't think Jeff has much to lose by signing with TNA, at all. He's too big a star to burn bridges with Vince permanently because of it. And if TNA continues to grow, Jeff could link himself to that success, and become a core part of TNA programming (as I assume he would be if he signed).

In the WWE, he was never going to really get the spotlight over guys like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Randy Orton or The Undertaker. For long, anyway. I'm not bitching about it, nor am I saying that sort of thing would definitely be important to Hardy; but who knows with that man?

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Whatever...At least rob can still go.

McLegend
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
When Jeff Hardy was in TNA he really wasn't in TNA. He was never invested with the company.

That says a lot about TNA if they want Jeff Hardy to come back.

The Pope
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Modest to The Top

Juan
01-06-2010, 02:56 AM
RVD was going to be at the Impact Zone, but then he got high :shifty: [/DAMN iNATOR]