PDA

View Full Version : Besides RVD, who should TNA get?

thedamndest
01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Is there anyone that would make you Cross the Line if you found out they signed a fat TNA contract? I'll bet a couple of you would tune in if Lance Storm signed.

Lance Storm
Londrick
A-Train
Whatever Japanese guy is the current equivalent of Masato Tanaka

Nark Order
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm trying to figure out who they don't have right now after Monday's Impact. Seems like the free agent roster is a little low after all of this.

Tommy Gunn
01-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Ken Anderson

What Would Kevin Do?
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
The Briscoes
Chris Hero
Claudio Castignolli
Davey Richards
Shingo

I'm not saying I want them in TNA, but they'd be damn good people to sign up.

Innovator
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Definitely Davey

Lock Jaw
01-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Anyone but RVD.

Dorkchop
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
It will never happen, but yes I would tune in in they signed Lance.

Jordan
01-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Lance Storm would be great... Kendrick, London, Chris Hero, Claudio Castaganoli, Colt Cabana, Ken Anderson... They would all be great signings.

south776
01-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Chris Benoit

Stealth-Icon
01-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't want him on every week or anything, but I would like to see Macho Man come in and face the Black Machismo in his legends challenge. Simply walk in, wrestle, beat him and go OOOOOHHHHHHH YEEAAAAHHHHHH into the sunset.

Skippord
01-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I already watch TNA every week

also wouldn't the current equivalent of Tanaka be Tanaka?

thedamndest
01-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I didn't know Tanaka was still wrestling, but yes.

Add Tajiri to my list.

Skippord
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I didn't either actually

Tajiri would be a good choice

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Paul London & Brian Kendrick for me, definitely. Londrick vs. The Guns vs. Generation Me (apparently The Young Bucks are going to be using this name in TNA) in a Three-Way Ladder Match for the TNA World Tag Team Titles? I...would...jizz.

Ken Anderson is another guy. He can wrestle, he can talk...I'd bring him in as an asshole heel -- the role he does best. Bring him in with Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer, and have Paul Heyman serve as their manager. Not saying that they would wear team colours, or even have a stable name, or anything, but I would like to see Heyman revive the role of the old-school manager in TNA. He could would the like between egomaniacal, self-praising genius and cult-hero so effectively in TNA, with the way they do things. Heyman taking Foley's side against Bischoff and Hogan would be...interesting.

Sara Del Ray and Lizzy Valentine for the Knockouts Division, and The Minnesota Homewrecking Crew and Team Blondage for the Knockouts Tag Team Division. I wouldn't bring in too many ladies, because I find that they are actually mis-using a lot of the ones they currently have. Alissa Flash, for example. Valentine is someone I've always had a soft-spot for, though. She was Homicide-trained, so maybe they could actually put her on-screen with him, and have her join World Elite? I'm not sure if Krissy Vaine would be up for working with TNA, but Amber O'Neal worked a tryout match recently. Team Blondage would make a great "rival clique" for The Beautiful People, in my opinion.

Giant Bernard to team with Tomko. I could see Tomko being used as a singles guy, but I think that he and Bernard would just be more useful in the tag team division.

I'd bring in Nick Dinsmore under the ring name "Nick Bischoff." Keep the angle of him being Eric Bischoff's nephew, but drop the retard shtick. He's Eric's brother's kid now. I'd like to see the heel with someone in the offices angle done right, and Dinsmore has got some great technical wrestling skills. Kurt Angle vs. Nick Bischoff would make me jizz in my pants. But I'm probably alone there.

I could also throw a bunch of ROH guys at you. Davey Richards has got a lot going on, so I don't know if he would sign. I'd maybe give him a few more years on the indy scene. Colt Cabana is one that TNA has had interest in. He would be fantastic. Kevin Steen & El Generico as a tag team? The Briscoes? The Kings of Wrestling? All fucking good, but it might be oversaturating things. You'd bring them in at different times, or perhaps even bring in Steen and Generico as singles guys.

One ROH guy I would definitely sign is Kenny King. The man won me over the first time I saw him. He's got ring skills, a marketable athleticism and a personality. He's like a louder Shelton Benjamin. King in the X-Division would be tremendous.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
So a short version of my list:

-Amber O'Neal
-Brian Kendrick
-Chris Hero
-Claudio Castagnoli
-Colt Cabana
-El Generico
-Giant Bernard
-Jay Briscoe
-Ken Anderson
-Kenny King
-Kevin Steen
-Krissy Vaine
-Lacey
-Lizzy Valentine
-Mark Briscoe
-Nick Dinsmore
-Paul Heyman
-Paul London
-Peyton Banks
-Rob Van Dam
-Sara Del Ray
-Tommy Dreamer

Oh, and throw in Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black for the tag team scene. But yes, that is 22 signings. Most of them are either women or tag teams, though.

Lock Jaw
01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
If they got Steve Blackman they could have obliterated the WWE in the ratings war.

thedamndest
01-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I would probably agree with Anderson as well. There's no denying that it's a very talented list. My guess is that in bringing in the old guys they're going for recognition, so that when someone is flipping through they will stop and say, "Holy shit, that's Scott Hall!" Jeff Hardy was a HUGE pick-up and they need to have him run through whomever and put his face on everything (if he doesn't go to prison, presumably).

The biggest problem with the ROH guys is that while talented, they don't draw casuals. You have to spend time getting a viewer invested in someone like Kevin Steen, or you can bring in some old farts like the Nasty Boyz that some may recognize.

Ideally you could do both. For every Steen, you need to pick up a Ken Anderson. Or even Bernard. Because you can load up the roster with all the talent in the world (and they've had tons of talent come through their doors), but if no one is watching it won't matter. Monday Night is probably, counter-intuitively, the best time slot for them. Instead of being completely forgotten on Thursday, they will get people flipping over during Raw's many commercials and boring parts.

Rock Bottom
01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
TNA should get a bankruptcy lawyer.

The Mackem
01-06-2010, 03:58 AM
They'd need another show or two for everybody to get a match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2010, 05:04 AM
They'd need another show or two for everybody to get a match.

I honestly don't think this would be a bad thing.

D Mac
01-06-2010, 05:17 AM
http://www.ugo.com/sports/undertakers-wrestlemania-matches/images/entries/sycho-sid.jpg

D Mac
01-06-2010, 05:18 AM
So a short version of my list:

-Amber O'Neal
-Brian Kendrick
-Chris Hero
-Claudio Castagnoli
-Colt Cabana
-El Generico
-Giant Bernard
-Jay Briscoe
-Ken Anderson
-Kenny King
-Kevin Steen
-Krissy Vaine
-Lacey
-Lizzy Valentine
-Mark Briscoe
-Nick Dinsmore
-Paul Heyman
-Paul London
-Peyton Banks
-Rob Van Dam
-Sara Del Ray
-Tommy Dreamer

Oh, and throw in Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black for the tag team scene. But yes, that is 22 signings. Most of them are either women or tag teams, though.

What about Austin Aries? He is great in ROH.

Skippord
01-06-2010, 05:53 AM
they already had Austin Aries

KayfabeMan
01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Vader

KayfabeMan
01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Also, some luchadors.

D Mac
01-06-2010, 06:00 AM
they already had Austin Aries

Well he's better now. None of that Austin Starr bullshit either.

Skippord
01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
I doubt that he'd sign with them again anyway

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Austin Aries would be a good pick. To be honest, I feel the guy is the total package. He's not only a great wrestler, but he's also a captivating one to watch. I've never felt bored watching one of his "masterpieces." This might be a surprise, but I don't think I've ever watched Punk/Joe through in one sitting. Yeah, both guys are great, but I feel like they went that time because they could, and they didn't really know exactly how to fill it.

Aries' matches just always have some "snap, crackle and pop." The only thing really holding him back is his size; but that is becoming less and less of an issue. Aries would be good if they could get him away from ROH. But, truthfully, I could also see the guy fitting the WWE, believe it or not. Especially if they do reboot ECW, and make it a show for "new guys." His experience and talent would allow him to shine over a lot of the FCW guys, and I think he'd rise to prominence there.

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I would prefer they just build some of their own fucking guys.

Jordan
01-06-2010, 12:20 PM

I agree however with a big time slot potentially (Monday night) I don't mind the established guys being on screen, as long as they are working with young talent. It seems like Team 3-D will work with the Nasty Boys.... :roll:

I do understand the point of this, as Team 3-D still has a lot left in them and this has never been done, and the hardcore matches could be messy and bloody and it may be 'okay" at best.

But if they are going to use over the hill Hall and Waltman I really hope it is to put over Hernandez and Morgan. But to be honest, Hall and Waltman don't mean shit anymore so they are irrelevant to me, and lack starpower to really get anybody over. Morgan and Hernandez don't need Hall and Waltman.

As far as Anderson goes, I would let him work with Styles and Angle in hopes that he would learn a thing or two and grow a little bit.

Haze
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM

I agree with BDC on this one.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
I think instead of focusing on signing a bunch of talent, they should focus on using their current talent in some sort of interesting manner. It seems like all they do is sign people and do absolutely nothing worthwhile with them.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh yeah, what BDC said.

kareru
01-06-2010, 01:03 PM
the idea of bringing in all the old guys it to but the young guys over

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Beating the Nasty Boys won't help anyone in the year 2010.

kareru
01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Beating the Nasty Boys won't help anyone in the year 2010.

it might make me feel a little better though

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Also, you must be out of your mind if you think people like fat drunken Scott Hall won't be receiving pushes.

The Show Off
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
To everyone upset about the Nasty Boys I would be shocked if those guys were still with TNA in 2 months.

The Show Off
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
What about Austin Aries? He is great in ROH.

ROH had him as Austin Starr and the common belief is that Aries hated every moment of it.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm not upset. I just think it's ridiculous. Hogan is always getting his friends jobs, which I guess is nice of him, but it really makes me question his motives. I don't think he gives a fuck about TNA or the fans. He's there for himself.

Going to TNA makes sense for Hogan. If it fails, no big deal. They were already failing without him. If it gets big, it'll be one more thing for him to brag about. Hogan's no idiot, but I've been sick of his shit for years now.

kareru
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
http://images24.fotki.com/v825/photos/1/1091296/4577712/daizeehaze_sexy_wrestling-vi.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ringofhonor/images/thumb/9/90/Delirious.jpg/250px-Delirious.jpg

haze would make an incredible addition to the knockouts and delirious is a great character and a fantastic wrestler

Lock Jaw
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Loved Austin Aries when he used to be in TNA, especially after he became Austin Starr. One of my favourite TNA matches still remains Alex Shelley vs Austin Starr in the finals of the Kevin Nash Invitational Tournament.

The Show Off
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Loved Austin Aries when he used to be in TNA, especially after he became Austin Starr. One of my favourite TNA matches still remains Alex Shelley vs Austin Starr in the finals of the Kevin Nash Invitational Tournament.

It was a very good match, especially Bob Backlund's scoring of the match.

Seth82
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM
davey richards
colt cabana
jimmy jacobs
billy kidman
goldberg

Magnum TA as a babyface manager

hell bring in tony schiavone for commentary

Lock Jaw
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, they really need Schiavone to complete their time machine.

Xero
01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Well, if they're going to use a time machine, pick up Benoit just before "the incident" and put him in a room with Hogan.

Lock Jaw
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
http://images24.fotki.com/v825/photos/1/1091296/4577712/daizeehaze_sexy_wrestling-vi.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ringofhonor/images/thumb/9/90/Delirious.jpg/250px-Delirious.jpg

haze would make an incredible addition to the knockouts and delirious is a great character and a fantastic wrestler

Don't know if they'd let him be Delirious in TNA though. Both companies now are all about giving guys new names and stuff just so they can own all rights to it... and stuff.

Xero
01-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Insaniac the Hulkamaniac would be his new name.

loopydate
01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
If they brought in Delirious under a new name for rights purposes, they could make a story out of it. He comes in and talks about how his name is Delirious, but he has poor penmanship, and on his employment application with TNA, management thought he wrote "Delicious," and now he's stuck with that name. "That wouldn't be so bad, except now they want me to wear a butcher's apron and chef's hat to the ring..."

kareru
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
taylor:hey new wrestler what's your name

Delirious: bah bah bah msjdhusushdyyshhejd

taylor:'bah bah bah msjdhusushdyyshhejd' it is, lets get some t-shirts goin' guys

The Pope
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
El Zorro (from Mexico)

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2010, 07:14 AM
It seemed to me like theme to the old guys coming in was that it "wasn't going to be like it used to be," and they had to "earn their spots." Including Jeff Jarrett. I don't know, it sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Granted, it could get out of hand, but the bright side to Scott Hall and Sean Waltman receiving jobs is that they won't be able to keep them.

Hall, I don't imagine, would not be signed to any long term contract. My feeling is that he is being used for "star power," to put over some new guys, and then to disappear into the sunset. Maybe after a few t-shirts are sold of his. Perhaps they'll put out a Scott Hall action figure, and include him in the next game they make? TNA are foolish if they job Beer Money out to these guys, for example. If that happens, I agree with the bitching, but I don't think it will go down like that. At least, I hope not.

Juan
01-07-2010, 07:36 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcAjxbstJpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcAjxbstJpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kareru
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
LMAO that vid is hilarious

kareru
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
http://unholymatrimony.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ddptitle.jpg

since they are getting some of the old guys to teach the newer guys.

im such a DDP mark