PDA

View Full Version : So...

LK
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Having not really watched wrestling for a couple of years now, what with the sheer dullness of the WWE and the mind boggling nonsense of TNA, I am now of the understanding that things have changed recently and there's now a 'Monday Night War' with Bret Hart back in the WWE and Hogan, Flair, basically everyone who died with WCW nearly 10 years ago. So in your professional opinion, would you say that this might be the time for people who have been away from the old wrasslin' game to get back into it or is this just a false dawn?

Xero
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
We have to wait a few weeks. WWE hasn't changed, TNA has, but maybe for the worse.

Steveviscious89
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I have to disagree with Xero here, respectfully. If done right, TNA could become a powerhouse pretty quickly. I think the right idea here would be for the great wrestlers; Styles, Angle, Daniels..etc...to make up the majority of the wrestling portion of TNA. Now that TNA seems to have all of these faces from the past, perhaps they could use them in more of an entertainment fashion than a wrestling fashion. This seems to be what they did Monday night. We know Hogan will hardly wrestle if at all. I don't see the other old guys working too many matches either, at least not on Impact. If they put these two things together it could be very good. I mean let's face it, I would rather listen to Scott Hall talk and see Styles wrestle than the reverse of that. There is an issue of getting guys over without giving them promos, but if Hogan sticks to his word, then the wrestling should speak for itself.

To actually answer LK's question, I would say yes it's time. I actually quit watching in late 2003 up until a couple years ago because it felt dull to me.

RVDmark
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Give it two years and TNA will either be the #1 company or dead and buried.

The difference is that I would gladly pay TNA some money (tickets, merch, whatever) but not Vince.

Vince doesn't know what to do with money other than put it in a bank. He has millions of dollars and he still spends his time hanging round with hot sweaty men. He never takes a break (and it shows). I'll be fair, he's worked hard for what he has, but he should kick back and enjoy it, and he doesn't.

I would pay TNA money just to become the competition, had I seen what would happen in wrestling, I would have held the same attitude toward WCW too.

Nicky Fives
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Give it two years and TNA will either be the #1 company or dead and buried.

There is absolutely NO WAY that TNA will be the #1 company..... I just can't see it happening.....

hauntsearch
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
It seems like ever since Vince bought WCW he's been so concerned with doing what he wants and not what the fans want, because there was no more competition to cause him to care.

TNA may not be the greatest and some of it may be ridiculous at times but it's a change from WWE and as far as pure wrestling goes, some of their own wrestlers like AJ, Daniels, Joe, Sarita & Taylor Wilde are MUCH better than the models and bodybuilders the WWE has been so insistent upon.

I say kudos to TNA for getting this far and let's hope they can develop their product into something that gives the WWE a run for its money. As much as I wanted to see Bret Hart Monday night I didn't want to sit through 2 hours of talking and backstage BS.

Just my two cents

Schlomey
01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
heard tna is getting rid of the six sided ring....NOW HOW CAN WE TELL THEM APART!?!@?

kareru
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
you now realize that for a short period of time CZW was the second biggest wrestling company in north america

think about that one

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Give it a few weeks, as Xero said. The WWE did not do as well as they would have liked against TNA, and TNA did better than they thought they would against the WWE. TNA has to moderate the temperature of the new waters they have created for themselves, and the WWE is probably going to try and bounce back so TNA isn't the "#1 trending topic on Twitter."

You can see big angles circulating in the WWE, about to swell up. The tension between DX is definitely there, and Legacy will soon crumble. They can also prove to be unpredictable. I have no clue where they are going with Sheamus as WWE Champion, for example.

Juan
01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Give it a few weeks, as Xero said. The WWE did not do as well as they would have liked against TNA, and TNA did better than they thought they would against the WWE. TNA has to moderate the temperature of the new waters they have created for themselves, and the WWE is probably going to try and bounce back so TNA isn't the "#1 trending topic on Twitter."

You can see big angles circulating in the WWE, about to swell up. The tension between DX is definitely there, and Legacy will soon crumble. They can also prove to be unpredictable. I have no clue where they are going with Sheamus as WWE Champion, for example.

Spot on, Noid