PDA

View Full Version : Who's suppose to win the Royal Rumble this year?

RP
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Ted Dibiase JR I hope? I dont keep track, but i think he's the only guy i like right now.

The Jayman
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
i would say either Kofi or Punk

Xero
01-07-2010, 10:58 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlcZbVj6R88&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlcZbVj6R88&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Xero's got it rite.

McLegend
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Cena chasing the title going into Mania, but can it really be against Sheamus?

Would not surprise me to see him wrestle the Undertaker.

Xero
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I see Sheamus losing at Elimination Chamber. Sheamus is being booked badly as a champion, and there's no way he can main event Mania, whether SD actually main events or not it's still a main event.

RP
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
The Elimination Chamber is at Royal Rumble this year?

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I mind whenever Jon Cena is on my t.v.

I used to like Cena too :(

Londoner
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM

Fuck knows what they'll do with the elimination chamber ppv if that's the case.

Xero
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM

No, I'm saying he's going to hold it to the February PPV, Elimination Chamber, formerly known as No Way Out.

Savio
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Honestly, I see Sheamus losing at Elimination Chamber. Sheamus is being booked badly as a champion, and there's no way he can main event Mania, whether SD actually main events or not it's still a main event.

He will main event as the ECW champion.

The Gold Standard
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
What if Morrison won the Rumble and faced Rey, after he wins the World title, at Mania?

RP
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
What if...no

Flair Wooo
01-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Honestly bret fucking hart!

Flair Wooo
01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Wooooooooo!

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
My guess is Sheamus will retain via DQ (or something equally shady) at the Royal Rumble and then lose it at Elimination Chamber. He will either end up in the Money In The Bank or he will be part of a mid-card triple threat WWE title match at Mania.

I still think Edge will win the Royal Rumble

The Jayman
01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I think 1 of the cameramen will win the royal rumble

DaveBrawl
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Drew Carrey returns for a revenge Rumble win.

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
stop spamming dave and jayman or I'll have to send in a ban request ;)

DaveBrawl
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
They won't ban us. They love us. :D

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
your pushing it bub. The gallows has your name on it.

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
surprise entrant number 1 RIC FLAIR survives all 30

DaveBrawl
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
your pushing it bub. The gallows has your name on it.

See I told you they love us, they write our names in public places in tribute.

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Bubba the love Sponge FTW

Xero
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Bubba the love Sponge FTL

Haze
01-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Kurt Angle!

Ermaximus
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Cena won't win because it's rumored he'll be facing Sheamus for the title at RR. I'd say Batista, but he's supposed to be facing Taker and Rey at RR for the WHC (supposedly). Punk is a top choice, but he'll most likely be facing Christian for the ECW Title at RR. So that leaves us with 3 really good options.

1) Edge-Have Jericho as one of the guys holding his own in the ring and more or less cleaning house for a bit until a face Edge makes his return and just takes it to Jericho and dashes his dreams at being in the ME at WM.

2) HBK-This could easily set up the whole HBK/Taker II match at WM that HBK so badly wants. Whether or not we'll get this match or HBK/HHH at WM is still anybodys guess.

3) Kofi or Orton-Either way this ends up, we get more fire added to this fued. If Orton tosses Kofi, it could be used to make Kofi seem frustrated with the fact he can't take care of Orton thus causing a more sadistic side of Kofi. You could have him focus on taking out Legacy first before he goes after Orton. If Kofi tosses Orton out, not only does WWE have their "black superstar" they so badly want, but it assures Kofi a win and a title run at WM. As a result of his ruined chance to headline WM, Orton could turn on Legacy and blame this all on them thus resulting in a new storyline as well as a test to see how over Dibiase and Rhodes can be.

Although if we go with the whole "suprise" angle, let's for shits and giggles say Booker T wins. :shifty:

Schlomey
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd much rather have HBK vs HHH than HBK vs Taker part 2. Why try and do it again? It was fucking perfection the first time around.

XCaliber
01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
The Rumble has always been used to push established main event guys and as much as I hate to say it DiBiase isn't quite there yet. For the longest time I thought Edge would be the one to win it but with his slow recovery I'm highly doubtful of it now. I'm counting Cena out since I foresee him being Undertaker's next opponent at WM and I believe neither will be champs when the time comes. Since Batista is very likely to beat Underaker at this PPV Mysterio would be a logical choice but they've had too many encounters one on one already. Therefore my pick as of right now would have to be Triple H cuz I've got a funny feeling that the person who dethrones Sheamus will be none other than HBK.

The Show Off
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Kurt Angle!

Kirk Angel!

GD
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Jimbo Morrison :)

The Jayman
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
stop spamming dave and jayman or I'll have to send in a ban request ;)

we are powerful forces here in TPWW :D

Tyler Killer
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Chris Jericho, Period.

Savio
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
See nobody knows because WWE really isn't doing shit. I'd like to see Orton win the title @ the rumble in some sort of triple threat and Kofi win the rumble then finally go over Orton @ Mania.

Savio
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Heck then Sheamus can interfere in the Punk/Christian match (after a backstage segment where punk laughs at him for losing) claiming he should have been invited to homecoming. (He was originally in ECW right?) Setting up a triple threat @ no-way-out. Either Sheamus or Christian wins then we have Punk vs "Sheamus or Christian" at Mania.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Cena or HHH. It won't be anyone good. We've all watched WWE, if it's going to be someone good they telegraph it for MONTHS.

My guess is it will be someone who has won it before.

Xero
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I think it'd be cool if they have one of the guest hosts, or maybe Vince, go over the footage from the TLC match and declare that it's clear Cena fell (for storyline purposes, obviously he didn't). But instead of doing Sheamus vs Cena again, the title is held up and put on the line in the Rumble, where both Cena and Sheamus can choose their numbers.

Sheamus chooses 29, and Cena chooses 1 (to prove to all the Cenamaniacs that he's in it for them). Final four would be Cena, Sheamus, Orton and perhaps DiBiase.

Savio
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Then they can have Undertaker win the WWE title during the rumble. Have the Elimination chamber match be for the #1 contenders @ mania and have HBK win that.

RVDmark
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Cena vs Taker and Michaels vs Shameus makes much more sense.

Michaels v Taker was awesome and having another would produce a good match, but the ending has been seen. A bit of unpredictability even if only percieved unpredictability is a neccessity for a good soryline and keeping interest in the match.

Michaels vs Shameus. Michaels will make Sheamus look like a million buck$, Sheamus is young and can therefore take some decent bumps.

Michaels wins the Rumble.

That's what I would do. However my money is on Edge winning the rumble.

DAMN iNATOR
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSABVfAYj_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSABVfAYj_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object></EMBED></EMBED>

WHAT?! I've just heard he's been hanging around Atlanta a lot lately, that's all.:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
It would be absolutely retarded to choose number one from a storyline standpoint. Also, if you're going to choose 29, why not just choose 30?

DAMN iNATOR
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree with your first statement wholeheartedly ABT. I think Benoit (WHO now?) was the only one (2004) to win from #1, dunno about that for sure. But a lot of wrestlers obviously covet that #30 slot, and only one guy can get it, if the next guy is deserving of a high # this year, I'm sure there's some possibility he may get put in at #29.

I'd also like to see Kane make it in, maybe have Knox or somebody he'd work a feud well with, eliminate 12 superstars just to piss off Kane, and then Knox or someone eliminates Kane, and Kane from the outside helps a bunch of guys still in the match eliminate Knox a few seconds later and build a feud for WM26, only make it some sort of specialty match, like hardcore or falls count anywhere, or last man standing or something for Mania as they've already had a 1-on-1 encounter.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
HBK won it from number 2, which is essentially number one. Also, what was Rey's number when he won? 3?

DAMN iNATOR
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
HBK won it from number 2, which is essentially number one. Also, what was Rey's number when he won? 3?

Ya might as well say Rey was "essentially number 1" as well, ABT. Rey won the 2006 Rumble as the #2 entrant, lasted 1:02:12, making him the only one other than Triple H that year (1:00:09) to last over one hour in the ring.

Rammsteinmad
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
CM Punk or Chris Jericho should win it, or a returning Edge which which doesn't seem likely.

Nicky Fives
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Shawn Michaels will win, and instead of facing Undertaker for the Title at WM, will choose to face him one-on-one (as Taker will lose the Title to Batista or someone at Elimination Chamber)

Dorkchop
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Maybe HBK so he can face Taker at Mania.

Lock Jaw
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/faoro1.gif

Savio
01-07-2010, 06:47 PM
lol what was that about?

Juan
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
It was a battle royal on Raw

DAMN iNATOR
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/faoro1.gif

Lock Jaw, are you suggesting that Miz enter at #28 in the rumble, roll underneath the bottom rope (thus still staying in the hunt, as you must go over the TOP rope and have both feet touch the floor) while Hunter and Cena are down in the ring and let them both eliminate each other, only to roll back in to win it?

If he did, that'd be ridiculous but ingenious on his part.

Londoner
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Cena vs Taker and Michaels vs Shameus makes much more sense.

Michaels v Taker was awesome and having another would produce a good match, but the ending has been seen. A bit of unpredictability even if only percieved unpredictability is a neccessity for a good soryline and keeping interest in the match.

Michaels vs Shameus. Michaels will make Sheamus look like a million buck$, Sheamus is young and can therefore take some decent bumps.

Michaels wins the Rumble.

That's what I would do. However my money is on Edge winning the rumble.

Why is HBK V Sheamus logical? They're not feuding in any way atm.

DAMN iNATOR
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Gotta agree with TL. But I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus vs. Triple H at Mania. They work out together and as such probably know what each other can do in the squared circle like a book by now, and I think they'd put on one helluva match, and I don't even think HHH would have to do any carrying of it at all.

Dorkchop
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Lock Jaw, are you suggesting that Miz enter at #28 in the rumble, roll underneath the bottom rope (thus still staying in the hunt, as you must go over the TOP rope and have both feet touch the floor) while Hunter and Cena are down in the ring and let them both eliminate each other, only to roll back in to win it?

If he did, that'd be ridiculous but ingenious on his part.

I kind of like the idea him entering in the teens, but not actually coming out when his music hits. After a while he'll come out from underneath (he's been hiding underneath it before the Rumble match even started) and jump in the ring when there are either no guys or just a few laying on the mat. He shouldn't win, but it would be awesome to see.

Lock Jaw
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I would mark out if Miz did something like that again. Only maybe to better results. Not winning or anything, but making a big elimination or two. I think in the instance of the gif he just went in there and got eliminated almost right away.

RatedGSuperstar
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
3:25

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rpp-Txrq20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rpp-Txrq20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

XCaliber
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM

HBK won The Rumble as the #1 entrant as did Benoit the only other early entrants to win in the very early spots were Mysterio & Vince at #2, Flair at #3, Austin at #5, and Orton at #8.

DAMN iNATOR
01-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Yeah, only problem is, for some reason Orton winning last year kinda seemed like one big, underwhelming letdown.

Lock Jaw
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Huh. Didn't even remember that Orton won last year. I seriously have no memory of it happening at all.

Fabien Barthez
01-08-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm going with HHH, so he can face Seamus at Mania. I honestly can't tlll which route they might go with anything.

Tommy Gunn
01-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Anyone but Cena, HHH, Orton, Taker, Michaels, Bats or Rey.

Theo Dious
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
HBK won The Rumble as the #1 entrant

Thank you, I can't believe that piece of misinformation was allowed to stand as long as it did.

XCaliber
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah, only problem is, for some reason Orton winning last year kinda seemed like one big, underwhelming letdown.

You musn't be an Orton fan then cuz I thought it was one of the best booked Rumbles in quite some time bout damn time a heel won it for a change too.

Juan
01-09-2010, 03:41 AM
(thus still staying in the hunt, as you must go over the TOP rope and have both feet touch the floor)

Thanks for explaining that

owenbrown
01-09-2010, 04:02 AM
I heard the popcorn vendor in Section F, Row 47 is due for a Royal Rumble win

GD
01-09-2010, 04:36 AM
it is going to be cena mtoher fucker i hat him

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2010, 05:36 AM
The WWE doesn't really seem to have a very clear plan with the route they are going, but since Orton won the Rumble last year, I have had the gut feeling that John Cena will win it. Especially since Sheamus "doesn't want to give him any more shots."

Cena winning and then using the win to jump over to SmackDown! and challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship -- going against The Undertaker -- would be a huge WrestleMania main event. If this happens, I also think that the WWE Title will be moved off Sheamus. Shawn Michaels doing this would make sense. That way you can still have the HBK/Taker tension, perhaps for a pay-off at another PPV.

The more I think about it, though, the more I could see Shawn Michaels winning. If this is the case, then I think Triple H would win the WWE Title from Sheamus (probably at the Royal Rumble), and this would lead to tensions between DX, as HBK chooses between facing The Undertaker and Triple H at WrestleMania. Elimination Chamber would decide the other's opponent.

Edge winning, and then going to ECW to challenge Christian for the ECW Title would be my personal preference, though. The WWE have often alluded to the Royal Rumble Winner being able to challenge for the ECW Title, and if Edge won, that would mean he had done everything in the WWE except win the ECW Title. Christian vs. Edge at WrestleMania 26 -- book it.

Kane86
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Kane would be great I would like to see CM punk do it as well.

specialk
01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Probably be my only post in this forum, but i think i saw someone say bret hart to win the rumble.

this isn't as unconcievable as i first thought. it would be a god awful way to have one of the coolest matches end up, but would be a very fitting way to set up a mcmahon-hart wrestemania match. after what mcmahon did on raw, have hart demand that he be put in the rumble and guarantee that he will win. and when he wins, instead of challenging a champion, he will challenge mcmahon to a match at WM.

i'm sure everyone can have their own ideas as to what would happen to set up a hart victory in the rumble were this to play out, but my thoughts would be to have mcmahon say that he gets to pick what number hart enters, and somehow settles on being gracious and giving him number 29, only to have a mystery entrant come in at number 30. my choice as a stone cold mark, would be to have the rattlesnake come in, clear the ring of all but hart, (imagine the pop for that one if you will-haters can fuck off i'm not here to start and argument) and stare down hart. mcmahon comes to ringside and tells austin to remember their deal only to eliminate himself, stun mcmahon, and slam beer with hart.

now add your ways to have hart win it if you want-new thread perhaps?

i'm sure that's a long first post and will be ridiculed, subsequently why i don't post-it's not worth the drama to me after reading all the bs between some on here.

Rock Bottom
01-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Big Show would be cool.

thejamminone
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking Cena, HHH, Kofi, (if not then maybe at Wrestlemania at the Money In the Bank match) and that's all that I can think of.

Nervous Ferret
01-12-2010, 02:56 PM
the royal fucking rumble

thedamndest
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
It's the Royal F***ing Rumble now that they're at TV PG.

The Franchise
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
So one would ASSUME that after RAW last night HBK might win the Rumble to face Taker OR will come close and HHH will eliminate him causing the "D-Xplodes" match at WM 26.

In that case, who is looking like a winner? I'd hope Jericho but it will probably just be Cena. That would be fine with me if we get Taker/Cena. That is one of the few big time matches WWE have left and if it leads to Cena losing and turning heel or something that wouldn't be bad at all.

The Franchise
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Is this the most unpredictable Rumble in a long time? Other than maybe 2008? 0Last year Orton was clearly going to win, 2007 was either Taker or Shawn, 2006 was a bit of a surprise with Rey but it was rumored heavily beforehand, 2005 was either Cena or Batista, 2004 was Benoit, everyone in the world knew in 2003 was Lesnar and everyone in the fucking universe knew HHH was winning 2002 etc...

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I think this year it's still pretty narrow as being either Cena or HBK.

The Franchise
01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
You dont think HHH or Jericho have a shot??

Hanso Amore
01-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I think they locked in HBK winning last night. then he will face taker for the title at mania, and somehow vince vs bret will tie in. HBK - McMahon and Taker - Bret like the trump match,

OOOOO how about this. HBK doesnt win the rumblle, Vince offers him a chance at taker but he has to be his rep!

Nailed it

Joesgonnakillyou
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Last two will be HBK and HHH.

HHH wins. I'd bet money on it.

The Franchise
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Last two will be HBK and HHH.

HHH wins. I'd bet money on it.

i'll take that bet

whats your paypal info?

Joesgonnakillyou
01-19-2010, 07:02 PM
i'll take that bet

whats your paypal info?

Would you believe me if I said I didn't have one? :shifty:

The Franchise
01-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I think they locked in HBK winning last night. then he will face taker for the title at mania, and somehow vince vs bret will tie in. HBK - McMahon and Taker - Bret like the trump match,

OOOOO how about this. HBK doesnt win the rumblle, Vince offers him a chance at taker but he has to be his rep!

Nailed it

I think HBK and bret probably dont want to get involved in a storyline. They made their peace and probably want to leave it at that.

I dunno maybe if HBK doesn't win the Rumble he will cost Taker his title at EC which pisses off Taker leading to a match at WM?

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2010, 02:33 AM
You dont think HHH or Jericho have a shot??

Not really. I mean, Triple H could win it, I guess. It just doesn't seem right, though. Triple H seems like he would turn heel in any sort of Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H feud, and I don't think Triple H winning the Rumble is indicative of that. Triple H losing, and then scrapping his way into a title match via Elimination Chamber seems more likely. And maybe I am missing something, but why do people think Chris Jericho has a chance at winning the Rumble? I mean, I love Jericho as much as the next guy, but I would be surprised (if pleasantly) if Jericho wins the 2010 Royal Rumble. What would they do with him? Turn him face? Push him against The Undertaker? That could be cool, truthfully, but I think they have more to do with Undertaker at WrestleMania than that.

I'm thinking that John Cena and Chris Jericho may be the final two. That way both RAW and SmackDown! are represented. You have a face/heel finish, and the ending plays off an old rivalry, and is also a fresh final Rumble scenario. I don't think Jericho has ever been the runner-up in a Royal Rumble.

Jeritron
01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
lol at Sheamus and HHH being able to have a great match because they work out together

The Franchise
01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
HBK should just win the Rumble tying Austin with 3 and face Taker at Mania for the "epic rematch"

HBK/Taker II
Bret/Vince
HHH/Sheamus (lol)
Batista/Cena
Edge/Jericho?
MITB
Punk/Rey "Hair vs Mask"
Miz/MVP
Some Diva match

That is a damn good Mania if you ask me

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
lol at Sheamus and HHH being able to have a great match because they work out together

I'm sure Triple H would be more willing to bust his ass for a guy he cared about than a guy he didn't.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
I still get the feeling we are going to get Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. I'm sorry, but I just can't shake it. The WWE also seems to be dropping minor hints for Batista vs. Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Please elaborate on these minor hints. I must be missing them.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Please elaborate on these minor hints. I must be missing them.

Well, one I noticed on SmackDown! was the emphasis Batista put on John Cena's name, rather than Shawn Michaels or Triple H, the latter of whom he has a stronger past with. He also had a more vicious feud with HBK. But that could just be because Batista is a crappy performer.

el bobbo
01-23-2010, 04:33 AM
HBK should just win the Rumble tying Austin with 3 and face Taker at Mania for the "epic rematch"

HBK/Taker II
Bret/Vince
HHH/Sheamus (lol)
Batista/Cena
Edge/Jericho?
MITB
Punk/Rey "Hair vs Mask"
Miz/MVP
Some Diva match

That is a damn good Mania if you ask me

Fuck. I would buy that without hesitation. Too bad they aren't going to run with all of it, and if they do it will be half-assed.

But nice card right there.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I still get the feeling we are going to get Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. I'm sorry, but I just can't shake it..

I can definately see this coming. I think HHH will eliminate HBK from the rumble and it will lead on from there.

I can't shake the feeling HHH will win the rumble. I think his ego means he'll have to win more than just the one rumble.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
While it is likely that Triple H will eliminate Shawn Michaels, I think I would rather see them sort of trying to muscle each other over when a heel sneaks up and dumps them out. It would be a huge shocking moment for a Drew McIntyre or a Miz, but could even be funny with a Santino Marella behind it. CM Punk could remind people that he is going after DX's Tag Titles by doing it, but I think the ultimate poetic justice would be Chris Jericho eliminating both members of DX.

Jericho has been feuding with Triple H and Shawn Michaels for some time now, and has so much history with both guys. He has looked a bit foolish as a threat recently, and has been using his heel status to put a lot of guys over. Eliminating DX at the same time would get a lot of that back, and help Jericho heading into WrestleMania season.

Watching Superstars this week, and even though I don't actually think this will happen, the idea of Kane winning the Royal Rumble became more appealing to me. Listening to his reaction from the crowd -- Kane has got to the point where I think he is respected beyond his current station. The crowd was marking for him against Chris Jericho. He is also the co-holder for most Rumble appearances, and has his elimination record. The work he has been doing with Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho has been tremendous, too.

If the WWE has Shawn Michaels face Triple H, John Cena facing Batista, and Chris Jericho facing Edge -- that leaves The Undertaker without any sort of real opponent locked. They could move the World Heavyweight Title from Taker, and throw something else together for Undertaker, but I think this is his "thank you" run. Kane winning the Rumble would give Taker what he has verbally stated he wants -- a chance to fight his brother. They've never done Taker vs. Kane with both men as faces -- or with both guys at the weird "late primes" they've reached now.

I don't really think it has much of a chance of happening, but I would personally mark out if Kane finally won a Royal Rumble.

The Franchise
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
lol Kane should win and we could get Kane/Taker III at WM. Then HHH eliminates HBK starting a feud with them. Orton beats Sheamus and Cena wins a #1 contender match at Elimination Chamber. Bret "no shows" and is replaced by Stone Cold Steve Austin. That way our four main events could be...

WrestleRematch 26: Showdown in the Desert
Kane/Taker
HHH/HBK
Cena/Orton
Austin/Vince

The Franchise
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
OK so the 24 guys announced to be in the Rumble thus far...

1. John Cena
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Triple H
4. Big Show
5. The Miz
6. Montel Vontavious Porter
7. Evan Bourne
8. Mark Henry
9. Jack Swagger
10. Cody Rhodes
11. Ted DiBiase
12. Kofi Kingston
13. Carlito
14. Santino Marella
15. The Hurricane
16. William Regal
17. Yoshi Tatsu
18. Zack Ryder
19. Shelton Benjamin
20. Chris Jericho
21. Batista
22. Kane
23. The Great Khali
24. CM Punk

Of those "potential winners" ie people who would even be considered to be in the WM main event only really leaves HHH, Cena, HBK, Batista, Jericho, Punk and Show. Edge too if he returns in time. From those guys though Show, Punk, Tista are the most unlikely to win it. This leaves HHH, HBK, Cena, Jericho and Edge if he comes back. Cena and HBK are the most likely of that group IMO.

ministrychick77
01-23-2010, 10:52 PM
i'd like to see someone who hasnt won it yet get the win.

or, anyone but cena, trips, orton.

Evil Vito
01-23-2010, 11:01 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I think there's definitely a repeat winner this year. Cena, HBK, and HHH are the only three I can honestly see winning.</font>

The Franchise
01-23-2010, 11:18 PM
What if Triple H wins and we get Hunter-Orton at Mania again? LOL

Indifferent Clox
01-24-2010, 04:25 AM
i imagine jericho wins, then HBK beats him at ElIMINATION CHAMBER and gets to be a 3 way taker v hbk v jericho

maybe edge will get in on that action if him and christian don't do something

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I still think Taker vs. Cena is THE money match at WrestleMania. Well, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels as well, but I don't think that needs a Rumble victory. I think that would be better set-up at Elimination Chamber, or even without the WWE Title. I mean, I think a WWE Title match at WrestleMania could be enough of an attraction of its own. I mean, Sheamus himself is not going to draw too much attention to WrestleMania -- but Sheamus defending the WWE Title against a top face might.

For example: There have been some dark matches advertised which suggest that Edge will be returning to the RAW brand. That means nothing, really, but what if Edge did return at Elimination Chamber, and won the match -- locking himself in for a WWE Title bout against Sheamus. Chris Jericho can do something else at Mania (Jericho vs. Morrison could be awesome), or even win Money in the Bank (a concept that he, in kayfabe, created). Edge can beat Sheamus for the WWE Title, and then Jericho can get drafted to RAW and feud with Edge later. Their history isn't going to disappear.

Evil Vito
01-24-2010, 11:55 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm thinking Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels might somehow get intertwined with Vince McMahon/Bret Hart. I know everybody thinks Vince/Bret is a lock, but I honestly don't think that would be that good. Vince doesn't really pull any punches when he has street fight matches against guys...he hits hard. Will Bret be able to take that? I don't know.

But...you could have tension between DX boiling over and have a situation similar to the McMahon/Trump thing, each guy picks a representative...and they wind up taking DX. Bret and HBK have buried the hatchet, and HHH was discussing Bret Hart with Vince the other night on Raw. It's possible. It also sets up for a Michaels win, followed by Vince taking a Sweet Chin Music and Bret locking on the Sharpshooter...which pretty much everybody wants to see.</font>