PDA

View Full Version : DJ Gabriel released

thedamndest
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Didn't we start a pool about WWE releases? I know everyone including DJ Gabriel had DJ Gabriel. Here are his comments:

As reported late last night, Steve Lewington (a.k.a. DJ Gabriel) has been released by World Wrestling Entertainment. The former ECW performer posted a blog on his MySpace account this afternoon commenting on his departure from the organization. Here is his statement in its entirety:
WWE
The word has spread so I wanted to take the time to update and blog to all of you. My tenure within the WWE is no more. I was with the company for almost five years and enjoyed every minute of it. I was honored to be with the largest professional wrestling company in the world from start to finish.
Although my tenure within the WWE is now over, I won’t get depressed over it. I’ll be the first to admit that I knew it was coming sooner rather than later. I didn’t know when, but I knew it was getting closer. Today starts a new chapter in my life and in my career. I’m not going to look back, complain, and berate the WWE because I have nothing but good things to say about them. They gave me an opportunity to live in the spotlight, and whether whatever character I portrayed or how long it lasted, I still got that opportunity.
I had a blast working in the WWE, there are so many matches and memories that will always put a smile on my face. Kenny Bolin, Jim Cornette, and the McMahon family were big inspirations on my career. I have nothing but good things to say about all of them. They helped me incredibly the entire time I was with the WWE and I am honored to have come to know them.
There’s a lot of buzz about what’s next for me. Let me just say this, it doesn’t matter where I go, I will perform and always entertain people. I thrive to be at my best and show everyone what I’ve got. And now that this is a new chapter in my life I feel that I can perform better than I ever have. I feel greater and stronger than ever mentally and physically and I know that I’m at the top of my game. Will you see me in ROH or TNA? You never know. Will you see me overseas? It’s a possibility. Will you see me in WWE again? Another possibility. It doesn’t matter if I’m performing for 30 people in a school or performing for thousands in an arena, I’ll showcase my passion and skills to everybody.
I want to take the time to thank everyone that has ever supported me, whether its been since my debut or even to today. You’re the reason I thrive to be a part of professional wrestling because I love to entertain you. I wouldn’t be who I am without any of you and I wouldn’t have ever had a chance without your support. I also want to thank Noe and everybody who helps out with this website, you guys are simply amazing and such caring people.
Also, you can always stay updated on me at www.DJ-Gabriel.com, www.myspace.com/stevelewington, and www.twitter.com/UKLewington. I just joined back onto Twitter to stay connected with all of you, and as some can tell, I tried reopening the old Twitter page (www.twitter.com/wwedjgabriel) which it did, but it has some serious log in troubles.
Thanks to everyone who reads this and I’ll always appreciate the love and support. I’m hoping to add some things to the website to interact with all of you, but we’ll get to that later. I’ll be back with another blog and I can guarantee that you will see me soon…
Steve
He also made the following status update: “After nearly 5 years, I am free once again…”

Juan
01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I always liked that guy. HE got stuck with kind of a one dimensional gimmick and once they split him and Alicia Fox, he was doomed.

Xero
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I honestly didn't think he was with the company. Thought he was fired long ago.

thedamndest
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Five years with the company is the shocking part. You would have thought they would have spent a little more time on repackaging him after they removed Alicia.

Anybody Thrilla
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
His gimmick was pretty one-dimensional, but it wasn't something that was impossible to escape *cough* Dinsmore *cough*. It's a shame he didn't get to showcase his potential a little more, because I quite enjoyed the DJ Gabriel character. Part of that may be because he reminded me of this guy, though...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/uepw/AlexWright019.jpg

...I guess we'll never really know now.

Evil Vito
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, just looked up my Pink Slip Pool entry...and he's the first guy I've now been able to cross off my list.</font>

Kane86
01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Good let him go.

Sixx
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
He's got a lot to say about his release for a guy I've never even heard of.

thedamndest
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Here is the Pink Slip Pool link: http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93908&highlight=pink+slip+pool

CSL should post everyone's lists in the thread so we can see what's going on now.

DAMN iNATOR
01-11-2010, 03:13 AM
*puts a check mark next to his box that reads "DJ Gabriel"*

So far, I've guessed him and Jamie Noble correctly.

Skippord
01-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Jamie Noble wasn't released

DAMN iNATOR
01-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Jamie Noble wasn't released

LOL, what man?:lol::rofl: I never said a freakin' peep about him being "released".

you pick 10 WWE wrestlers you think could potentially be released/fired/might quit/die

That comes straight from his Rules section, post #1, http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93908 (The Pink Slip Pool)

Noble retired from the ring November 10th of last year, so technically that's quitting, and it was because of severe back, neck and shoulder injuries stemming from the now infamous incident with Sheamus in the post-match of the 11/2 Raw match they had that ended in a No Contest because Sheamus wouldn't listen to the ref and kicked Noble out of the ring from the top rope.

So, yeah. I'm 100% certain I'm 2 for my 10.

Skippord
01-11-2010, 03:43 AM
he still works for the WWE though

DAMN iNATOR
01-11-2010, 04:12 AM
he still works for the WWE though

Really? Is that why he's on the WWE Alumni superstars page as opposed to the RAW roster page? Check for yourself. Not to be a huge dick or anything, but it's as clear as day if you go on his superstar page and click "Bio":

Born and bred in the trailer parks of West Virginia, Jamie Noble is one devious country boy. Having the honor of being one of the longest-reigning <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_1_0>Cruiserweight </NOBR>Champions during his memorable 2002 reign, Noble resurfaced once again to add championship gold to his waist and, after being drafted to Raw during the 2008 Supplemental <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_2_0>Draft</NOBR>, he looked to do just that. Unfortunately for the gutsy grappler, nagging shoulder and neck injuries caused him to retire in November of the following year.

So do yourself a favor, please, and don't prolong an argument that you can't win.

Skippord
01-11-2010, 04:22 AM
he's working with them as a road agent

Juan
01-11-2010, 04:24 AM
I always knew you were a mark, DAMN iNATOR, but this is ridiculous.

CSL
01-11-2010, 08:08 AM
srsly

Impact!
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
It's still real to him dammit

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
While DAMN iNATOR is being absolutely ridiculous, it raises a good question. Does Jamie Noble count in the Pink Slip Pool?

CSL
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
you pick 10 WWE wrestlers you think could potentially be released/fired/might quit/die over the next 12 months

That comes straight from his Rules section, post #1, http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93908 (The Pink Slip Pool)

Noble retired from the ring November 10th of last year, so technically that's quitting, and it was because of severe back, neck and shoulder injuries stemming from the now infamous incident with Sheamus in the post-match of the 11/2 Raw match they had that ended in a No Contest because Sheamus wouldn't listen to the ref and kicked Noble out of the ring from the top rope.

So, yeah. I'm 100% certain I'm 2 for my 10.

Only really just noticed this when reading through the thread properly after ABT's question. But yeah, what a knob you are continuing some daft argument with Juan in 2 seperate threads, especially over something as minute as this game. The full original Pink Slip Pool post:

No idea how this is gonna go over, could sink like Kennedy's headlining prospects but we shall see. If it does, nevermind huh.

(September 1st 2009-September 1st 2010)

Rules:
Same kind of idea as the Dead Pool, you pick 10 WWE wrestlers you think could potentially be released/fired/might quit/die over the next 12 months (retirements do not count HBK fans) and PM them to my inbox. You score 100 points per correct wrestler plus 5 points per individual title reign in WWE. Wrestlers must be on either the RAW, Smackdown or ECW roster as of today (September 1st) excluding Jeff Hardy, who is still listed on Smackdown and Lilian Garcia on RAW, who has announced she's leaving. You have until the start of RAW next week for entries to be in.

Bonuses:
"First Blood" - If one of your picks is the first wrestler released during the alloted time period, bonus of 10 points.
"Last Man Standing" - If one of your picks is the last release of the alloted time period, bonus of 10 points.
"Single" - If you're the only person to pick a performer, bonus of 20 points.
"Tag Team" - If you're one of two players with a pick, bonus of 10 points.
"Kirk Angel Bonus" - 25 bonus points if the wrestler has ever held either the WWE or World Heavyweight championship
"Bathturd Bonus" - 25 bonus points if the wrestler is involved in a PPV main event in the 6 months prior to his/her exit (So it was like 7-8 months, bite me)
"Layfield Energy Bonus" - 10 bonus points if the wrestler held a championship belt in the 6 months prior to his/her release (WWE, WHC, IC, US, Tag, Womens, Divas)
"Masterpiece Bonus" - 5 bonus points if the wrestler was released due to the Wellness Policy
"Grand Slam" - Clear your entire roster and get 50 bonus points.

RAW: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/
Smackdown: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/
ECW: http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/

Very conveniant that you left out the very next part of the sentence when quoting the rules, which is 'Retirements do not count HBK fans'. And even if retirements did count, I doubt i'd give people Noble anyways because A. He's still under contract and therefore hasn't recieved his 'Pink Slip' B. His 'retirement' was part of an angle to help get Sheamus over. He might be done for real but until I hear it from his mouth/read his words, I'd consider him 'inactive'. So basically, shut up, you don't get a point.

(This post also doubles as a really long winded reply to ABT :))

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Did I even have Jamie Noble on my list? I'm pretty sure I accidentally put Zeke Jackson twice.

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Nope.

Ezekiel Jackson
Tyler Reks
Beth Phoenix
Jillian Hall
Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
Jesse
DJ Gabriel
Ezekiel Jackson
Tiffany

DaveBrawl
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Someone really doesn't like Zeke apparently.

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I think I just forgot I had already listed him, but I think I should get two points if he does get released (which is actually looking less likely now).

Haze
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Only really just noticed this when reading through the thread properly after ABT's question. But yeah, what a knob you are continuing some daft argument with Juan in 2 seperate threads, especially over something as minute as this game. The full original Pink Slip Pool post:

Very conveniant that you left out the very next part of the sentence when quoting the rules, which is 'Retirements do not count HBK fans'. And even if retirements did count, I doubt i'd give people Noble anyways because A. He's still under contract and therefore hasn't recieved his 'Pink Slip' B. His 'retirement' was part of an angle to help get Sheamus over. He might be done for real but until I hear it from his mouth/read his words, I'd consider him 'inactive'. So basically, shut up, you don't get a point.

(This post also doubles as a really long winded reply to ABT :))

CSL delivering the Smackdown!:y:

Godfather4Life
01-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Someone really doesn't like Zeke apparently.

probably cause he black

CSL
01-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Uh huh. ABT doesn't like Zeke because he is black.

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
UPDATED LIST:

Ezekiel Jackson
Shelton Benjamin
R-Truth
Shad Gaspard
JTG
MVP
Byron Saxton
Theodore Long
Mark Henry