PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

Xero
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who, if I abandon a game for a few months, no matter how far I am, I have to start it over when I go back?

I just get obsessed with where I am and what I've done or not done and just find it hard to get back into the game. Unless I'm almost to the endgame (within 3 hours or so), I just have to start over.

So how about you guys?

G
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
tried playing super paper mario a couple months ago after like 2 years, and couldn't remember what the fuck to do. i was on world 5 and had no clue what was going on. turned it off and don't plan on starting over.

Emperor Smeat
I feel that way mostly with fighters and sports games since with fighters its re-leaning moves and sports is more of re-learning certain play styles.

Then again, I tend to just re-read instruction booklets for other games to relearn basic controls.

LoDownM
Don't think I ever have.

D Mac
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I usually start over yeah. Especially if I buy a used game that I've played before.

Kane Knight
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Nah. My OCD isn't that bad.

OssMan
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't do that. I have started so many games that I haven't finished so I just go back and pick up where I left off.

dronepool
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't do that. Never have unless it was I game I haven't played for several years.

Shaggy
01-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I am that same way...

Oblivion I played for about 10 hours when I first rented it. Returned it and then when my cousin got it and let me borrow it I had to start all over.

I hate feeling lost where I am at and sometimes just need to restart to relearn the controls. Only game I didnt do that to was Final Fantasy X...but then again when I restarted it I realized how much different it was now that a few years had passed and just didnt feel like playing it anymore.

Jura
01-11-2010, 04:52 AM
If it's a really long time then yeah I would want to start over but if it's like around 6 months or something then I'll just pick up where I left off and I'll eventually remember the past once I start playing. I have a good memory when it comes to movies, shows and video games. I'll remember a lot of stuff for a really long time so I can't rewatch anything until like 3 years later or more.