PDA

View Full Version : Underutilized Feuds

redoneja
01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Use this thread to list feuds that could have been more than what they were.

The first one that comes to mind for me was IRS v Tatanka. Here's a quick recap of this great rivalry

Tatanka was honored by previous Native American professional wrestlers Chief Jay Strongbow and Chief Wahoo McDaniel and Lumbee tribesman Ray Littleturtle on an edition of Raw. Littleturtle presented him with a full length Lumbee tribe Chief Headdress. Tatanka engaged in a storyline feud with Irwin R. Schyster, who insisted he pay a gift tax on the item, while Tatanka insisted his Lumbee heritage afforded him tax deductible privileges

The (then) WWF really dropped the ball on this one. I think they could have mainevented Summerslam, maybe even Wrestlemania- if they had a slow build.

Nark Order
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy should've had a much longer build with a much bigger Wrestlemania payoff. They really should've given them another 10 minutes for this match, I mean come the hell on.

Kane86
01-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Mike Knox vs Kane what the fuck and not even one gimmick match.

Savio
01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
LOL @ the IRS feud.
------------------------
Paul London vs Billy Kidman

Lock Jaw
01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Matt Hardy vs Edge

Hanso Amore
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Nailz v Boss Man, Big

Favre4Ever
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Benoit vs. Rhyno seemed particularly short lived. There were a lot of events culminating to their split as a tag team, and then the rivalry lasted less than a month. The showdown between the two ended on a Smackdown episode and was pretty much a one-sided Benoit affair.

Rock Bottom
01-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

Mr. Nerfect
01-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Paul London vs. Billy Kidman
John Cena vs. Christian
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

Rammsteinmad
01-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Every feud that didn't involve Triple H or Shawn Michaels.

blak23
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
carlito vs. primo

Kane86
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
CM Punk vs Kane they should have put his Money in the bank on the line.

Ermaximus
01-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Swagger vs The Miz

The Jayman
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Miz vs Morrison. I know it would have been better if they were on the same show but the match at bragging rights and the survivor series was not enough

Gertner
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Use this thread to list feuds that could have been more than what they were.

The first one that comes to mind for me was IRS v Tatanka. Here's a quick recap of this great rivalry

The (then) WWF really dropped the ball on this one. I think they could have mainevented Summerslam, maybe even Wrestlemania- if they had a slow build.

lol main event! Christ.

Gertner
01-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Ricky Morton vs Robert Gibson in WCW

I agree with Knox v Kane. Knox is tremendous but they keep jobbing him out.

Lock Jaw
01-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Swagger vs The Miz

True that. Too bad they gave up on it. (or on Swagger)

Damian Rey
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Cena and The Miz. I'm fairly certain Cena was not champ at the time, and a nice, drawn out feud with some damn buildup would have elevated the Miz more so than he is at the moment. Miz is talented enough on the mic to get himself heat, and a program with John Cena lasting two or three ppv's could have done some wonders.

Lock Jaw
01-11-2010, 06:11 PM
It WAS pretty drawn out by WWE standards, and had great buildup. The problem was that once they finally did have their big PPV match, Cena squashed him.

The buildup was great though. Miz ragging on Cena for weeks and weeks before they ever even met face to face. Miz going above and beyond to be the big man on RAW. He even attacked Big Show with a chair.

They could have easily made an upper carder out of Miz right there. Guess they just had to wait until they had someone worthy like Sheamus around.

Damian Rey
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
It WAS pretty drawn out by WWE standards, and had great buildup. The problem was that once they finally did have their big PPV match, Cena squashed him.

The buildup was great though. Miz ragging on Cena for weeks and weeks before they ever even met face to face. Miz going above and beyond to be the big man on RAW. He even attacked Big Show with a chair.

They could have easily made an upper carder out of Miz right there. Guess they just had to wait until they had someone worthy like Sheamus around.

I did enjoy the Miz talking himself up, but like you said, after the squash that was it. Taking out the Big Show with a chair is serious, kayfabe wise. They should have ran with it.

I was thinking more along the lines of a 3 match ppv series between the two, where you could have had an "injured" Cena returning to shut the Miz up, and barely squeaking out a victory the first time around, but making Miz look threating enough.

Second match could have Cena job, not cleanly, after Miz uses a chair or whatever to expose Cena's "injured" body part, and the third match would've been the blowoff where Miz hangs for most of the match but just can't seem to get over the hump, thus losing.

That would've made him into a GREAT upper midcard heel who could have easily been favored to win MITB. Hell, you could have even had him be the heel challenging the face champ at some point this summer just to bring some fresh matches to a ppv, even if he looses.

But now looking back at what I've typed above, it looks too long and complicated for the writers to keep up with:-\

Emperor Smeat
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Orton-Kofi feud since besides the 1-2 moments Kofi had, its been all Orton in important matches. WWE could have used that feud to elevate Kofi and Orton as the next big feud with the way it started and push Kofi into the main event scene as a fresh contender.

Instead it looks more like a temporary feud to keep Orton busy since he couldn't challenge Cena for the title and possibly restart the Orton-Cena feud after the Rumble.

AngryMidjit
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Who ran over Nash with the hummer back in the wcw days?

Savio
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Peppe Guerrero