PDA

View Full Version : Why is your favorite wrestler your favorite wrestler?

Skippord
02-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Just thinking about this while watching a bunch of Edge's returns from injury and stuff

so why is your favorite wrestler your favorite wrestler? Also who is your favorite wrestler?

D Mac
02-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Because he always overcomes the odds. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Because he fucks the boss' daughter. :shifty:

KIRA
02-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Because hes crippled more people than polio

Juan
02-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Because he's the best in the world at what he does.

Sixx
02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Man-boobs. :heart:

Rammsteinmad
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Because he kills people. For real. :shifty:

The Jayman
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
because he's a Creepy Little Bastard

Supreme Olajuwon
02-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Because he's an Ayatollah

GoneFishing
02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Because he's the best in the world at what he does.

:yes::yes::yes: Beat me to it....

Also because he's the first undisputed champion....

Rollermacka
02-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Because he smells like dandelions

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I actually can't think of who my favourite wrestler is right now. I've got soft spots for Chris Jericho, Christian, Kane, William Regal, John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler at the moment. I'll just go with Chris Jericho, and support Juan's answer.

It's also quite admirable just how dedicated Chris Jericho was to his heel turn. To be honest, I haven't felt Jericho's heel characters in the WWE before -- but with this turn he went all-out basically creating the ultimate heel.

Savio
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Kofi is my fav right now because he is very talented

Ermaximus
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Because HE'S AWESOME!!!!

The Franchise
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Because he has hustle, is loyal and shows respect

:shifty:

ron the dial
02-02-2010, 01:00 PM
because he is good

The Franchise
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
as in a face?

ron the dial
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
that's not what i said

ron the dial
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
perhaps i should have presented it as go(o)d.

The Franchise
02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I know :p

I agree though my favorite wrestlers good too. But I kind of like different wrestlers for actual in ring stuff and then others for promos (Rock by far here)

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
cuz he's excellent at executing

Jordan
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM
It always has been and still is HBK. He surprises me every week with something it seems. He is always doing something new or unexpected. I love the conflicted HBK like right now dealing with the loosing and Triple H conflict. And the matches he has are off the hook still. The tag match DX had with Legacy two weeks ago was awesome, his match with Orton was great, with a fantastic new finish.

I love to watch the darkness creep over HBK.

jerichoholicninja
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I watched Thursday Thunder one night, not knowing what it was. I tuned in during the middle of Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho for the Cruiseweight title. Dean had just defeated Jericho only to find out that it was Lenny Lane wearing Jueventud's mask when Chris comes in and beats down both Lane and Malenko. I don't know if this is the real reason I love Jericho or not but it definitely set the stage. The guy is a genius in all aspects of wrestling.

VSG
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Because he smells like dandelions

Who is that?

DrCrawford
02-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Who is that?

Phineas Godwin, obviously

morningstar
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Because he is Straight Edge. He is straight gold. He is great on the mic and can work with the best of them.

Gertner
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
BECAUSE HE WILL NOT DIE!

Jeritron
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Because I'm a Jerichoholic

The One
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, for me I'll always be stuck between three different wrestlers as my favorite...

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
To put it simply, he is the reason I started watching wrestling. Watching him as a child was like watching the ultimate ideal of success. He was skilled enough to get it done in the ring, he had the World Title, he had the women, he had the money, he could cut the best promos, and he had the Horsemen by his side. I remember being one of the only kids on the block who watched NWA/WCW growing up. Everyone else was into Hogan and the WWF, but it just seemed SO fake to me. I knew it was scripted, but with Flair, I believed then (as I do now) that somewhere deep inside of him, it's still real to him dammit. Ric had enough passion for what he was doing that it pour out pure heart and soul. There is something to be said about being a fan of someone who LOVES what they do...and I doubt as though there has ever been anyone who personifies passion more than him.

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
The best to ever lace a pair of boots. Period. Shawn Michaels as an in ring performer is not only the best ever, he's in a league that no one else has ever touched. Anyone who was lucky enough to be a fan from about 1995-1998, and especially during Shawn's run with the belt, there was something magical that happened then. Shawn somehow transcended being a wrestler, and his work in the ring became almost a brilliant musical score or a masterpiece of art. No he was never the top draw of the industry, or the absolute best on the mic (though he certainly was no slouch in either department) but the thing he was the best at was what happened in between the bells. I know I've used these quotes before, but I think they do a wonderful job of explaining how I feel about Shawn...
“Shawn Michaels, who, from a performing standpoint, I don’t know, I don’t know that he has a peer yet. I don’t know that he ever will.”
-Vince McMahon
“When you look at all the variables and look at it objectively, how do you not say that Michaels is the greatest who ever lived.”
-Jim Ross
“Only a few people in the history of the world, as an artist, have been up to the level of Shawn Michaels when he’s in a wrestling ring. That’s his form of artistry, and he’s the best at it.”
-Chris Jericho

"Bad Ass" Billy Gunn
I know I'll catch a lot of flack for this, and to be honest, I don't even have a huge long explanation for why I'm such a die hard mark for him. Maybe it is because the New Age Outlaws were my favorite tag team of all time...or it could be that he was a mediocer performer who got over with a gimmick based on his ass, and then blossomed into an actually very talented guy who never got the respect he deserved because no matter what he was an Ass Man. I don't know what it was about Billy Gunn that so captured my imagination, but I think everyone needs to have an underdog, someone they know will never get to the top, but that you love them anyway. For me, that will always be Billy. "The One" Billy Gunn; he was The One for me.

Jordan
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
"Bad Ass" Billy Gunn
I know I'll catch a lot of flack for this, "The One" Billy Gunn; he was The One for me.

:nono:

sa
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
because he is a killer and a shark Rellik & Sharkboy

D Mac
02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Because he is the MAN, and he RULES THE WORLD.

Executioner
02-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Well, for me I'll always be stuck between three different wrestlers as my favorite...

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
To put it simply, he is the reason I started watching wrestling. Watching him as a child was like watching the ultimate ideal of success. He was skilled enough to get it done in the ring, he had the World Title, he had the women, he had the money, he could cut the best promos, and he had the Horsemen by his side. I remember being one of the only kids on the block who watched NWA/WCW growing up. Everyone else was into Hogan and the WWF, but it just seemed SO fake to me. I knew it was scripted, but with Flair, I believed then (as I do now) that somewhere deep inside of him, it's still real to him dammit. Ric had enough passion for what he was doing that it pour out pure heart and soul. There is something to be said about being a fan of someone who LOVES what they do...and I doubt as though there has ever been anyone who personifies passion more than him.

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
The best to ever lace a pair of boots. Period. Shawn Michaels as an in ring performer is not only the best ever, he's in a league that no one else has ever touched. Anyone who was lucky enough to be a fan from about 1995-1998, and especially during Shawn's run with the belt, there was something magical that happened then. Shawn somehow transcended being a wrestler, and his work in the ring became almost a brilliant musical score or a masterpiece of art. No he was never the top draw of the industry, or the absolute best on the mic (though he certainly was no slouch in either department) but the thing he was the best at was what happened in between the bells. I know I've used these quotes before, but I think they do a wonderful job of explaining how I feel about Shawn...
“Shawn Michaels, who, from a performing standpoint, I don’t know, I don’t know that he has a peer yet. I don’t know that he ever will.”
-Vince McMahon
“When you look at all the variables and look at it objectively, how do you not say that Michaels is the greatest who ever lived.”
-Jim Ross
“Only a few people in the history of the world, as an artist, have been up to the level of Shawn Michaels when he’s in a wrestling ring. That’s his form of artistry, and he’s the best at it.”
-Chris Jericho

These....The One speaks only the truth...

DaVe
02-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Because hes crippled more people than polio

:y:

freaking loved post-Ministry taker; some of his best promos ever

Xerzes
02-03-2010, 05:27 AM
I just wish he could find a way to shave heads faster. Those bits drag.

Fox
02-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Because before he killed his family and himself he was the best wrestler in the entire fucking world. Because people told him he was too small to be in the main event, but he told them to fuck themselves and kept getting better and better and had the best matches in every company he worked in and went to war with some of the best who ever were, and because eventually he proved to everyone that he was a world championship caliber athlete, and that no matter what the Bischoffs and the Hogan's and the Flair's said about him, he belonged in the main event.

And then he killed his whole family and himself.

Sixx
02-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Because before he killed his family and himself he was the best wrestler in the entire fucking world. Because people told him he was too small to be in the main event, but he told them to fuck themselves and kept getting better and better and had the best matches in every company he worked in and went to war with some of the best who ever were, and because eventually he proved to everyone that he was a world championship caliber athlete, and that no matter what the Bischoffs and the Hogan's and the Flair's said about him, he belonged in the main event.

And then he killed his whole family and himself.

This kinda adds some extra bad-ass points.

Juan
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, killing a little boy and your wife is totally bad ass

Kapoutman
02-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Because he's the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.