John Morrison b. Kane and Drew McIntyre

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
R-Truth b. Mike Knox

Backstage Promo with CM Punk, Gallows and Serena

CM Punk b. Batista by Count Out

Chris Jericho b. Matt Hardy

Mickie James Promo. Beth interrupts saying she made history. Shes in a league of her own and she can take the belt anytime

Divas Tag Team Match
Beth Phoenix and Mickie James b. Michelle McCool and Layla
- Beth leaves mickie to fend for herself and knocks both mickie and michelle out

Rey Mysterio b. Dolph Ziggler

Cutting Edge with Edge saying he can beat Sheamus or the Undertaker. Jericho interrupts saying edge didnt deserve to win the rumble and hes the face of smackdown. Edge disagrees. He says jericho cant take away his dream and hes tired of jericho saying hes the best in the world and hes tired of jerichos face altogether

Punk interrupts saying hes the savior and he made taker tap. Undertakers music hits he appears in the ring.he and edge cleans house+stare

Lock Jaw
02-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Backstage Promo with Edge and Christian

:love:

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Batista not in the chamber. Very interesting

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:48 AM
I would say it opens up the possibility of the rumored tag match at EC, but Cena's already in the Raw chamber.
Unless he pulls double duty, or gives up his spot.

Or maybe Vince will reward Batista with a spot in the Raw chamber by making Kofi defend his spot.

Or Edge vs Batista just for shits and gigs?

Mr. Pierre
02-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Taker/Punk/Rey/Truth/Jericho/Morrison

That chamber has got some really good potential in my opinion. :y:

As for Bats..not sure. Maybe at EC, they could build it up to where Bret calls out Batista and Vince, then when Batista goes to attack Bret, Cena makes the save finally? Then maybe Batista later on can attack Cena on his way to the ring for the chamber, putting him at a disadvantage and "costing him" the title?

Londoner
02-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Sounds good, smackdown chamber looks better than raws once again.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Something about the SmackDown! Chamber just seems "light" to me. I'm sure it will be an incredible match, but it doesn't feel "star-studded" to me. I personally would have gone with The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Shawn Michaels. If they have something else in mind for HBK at Elimination Chamber (which seems to be the case), then have John Morrison take his spot.

But I look forward to the match.

Juan
02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
It will be Batista vs HBK at EC

Mr. Pierre
02-03-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm assuming that Jericho is gonna take the title, setting up Edge/Jericho for Mania, but you never know. Hopefully the Cutting Edge segment had a bit more story to it than what is typed, and I'd expect Jericho to bring up their failed tag team and Edge's injury, etc.

If Jericho were to win, I think I'd book the eliminations like this:

-R-Truth eliminated first by Taker (Tombstone)
-Taker eliminated by Jericho (when the door opens to let R-Truth out, HBK runs in, SCM Taker, and he leans into a Codebreaker)
- Morrison eliminated by Punk (GTS)
-Punk eliminated by Rey (Rollup)
-Rey eliminated by Jericho (Codebreaker)

-EDITED

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I have a feeling that the match is going to come down between Jericho and Taker, but if they get rid of Taker early, then it would make for a cool atmosphere of knowing we are getting a new champion.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Something about the SmackDown! Chamber just seems "light" to me. I'm sure it will be an incredible match, but it doesn't feel "star-studded" to me. I personally would have gone with The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Shawn Michaels. If they have something else in mind for HBK at Elimination Chamber (which seems to be the case), then have John Morrison take his spot.

But I look forward to the match.

So what you're suggesting is the exact same match with Kane instead of R Truth?
This makes it tremendously more star studded?

Also, why do you care about it being star studded when you want someone like Drew McIntyre to win the rumble and face Undertaker at Wrestlemania?
Those don't sound very star studded.

Not trying to call you out, just wondering

Mr. Pierre
02-03-2010, 02:23 AM
I really love the format of this PPV. The idea of opening the show and closing the show with a chamber, with a solid 3 or 4 matches in between just seems to work very well, especially last year IMO.

The only gimmick PPV that didn't live up to its hype IMO was Hell in the Cell. I liked the way the Cells were spread throughout the card, but I couldn't help but think that Taker/Punk shoulda closed, and DX/Legacy should have opened. Also, the PG tag didn't help matters either, but meh.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Last years No Way Out was amazing.

I used to think more than one chamber on the same show was overkill, but last year proved me wrong.
I feel as though using the chambers for the Febuary PPV, to set up the mania main events, is a great way to use the gimmick. They just need to make sure they only do it once a year.

Also, I feel like two chambers in one night is okay if they have the plans and talent to pull it off. If they don't have something big planned, they should try to keep it to one

Londoner
02-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Also, why do you care about it being star studded when you want someone like Drew McIntyre to win the rumble and face Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Noid is abit weird like that.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2010, 03:30 AM

Shawn Michaels and Kane. And yes, I believe that having two former World Champions in there would boost the credibility of the match on paper. I also think having a physically bigger presence in the match, like Kane, would help it out tremendously.

Londoner
02-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Kane wouldn't do anything for my interest, i like it as it is personally.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Eh, I feel that R-Truth is feeling a little forced right now. I like that the WWE wants to push him, and I'm glad they haven't given up on him, but I'd rather see him win the IC Title off Drew McIntyre, or something.

Londoner
02-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Him being involved in a match like this may increase his chances of getting the IC title...

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Yea, I don't think Kane improves the match at all. As for his credibility, on paper, I think you overestimate his starpower.

I mean Kane is/was great and all, but that former champion label is over 10 years old and only lasted 24 hours. The masked Kane we all know and love is a relic. To most of the current audience R Truth is just as much of a star, if not more of one.
Kane's always been a bit wishy washy in terms of his star power, especially since losing the mask and becoming a perrenial midcarder.

I feel like having him in there would be a bit bland, and obvious filler. R Truth, although just as unlikely to win, at least gets a rub out of it that he can use.
Kane in the chamber does nothing for Kane, nothing for the match as he's not the better worker anymore, and nothing for the crowd as he's the less popular of the two.

It kind of pains me to say these things about Kane, because I used to think he was great and always will, but I feel they're more than true.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 03:56 AM
This reflects my general opinions of Kane anyways. Kane in his prime is a personal favorite of mine, but I've found him bland and uninteresting at most points for at least 6 years now.
I'd like to see him have one last stint near the top in a lengthy fued with Taker that explores the old supernatural territory, and reveals a bit more of their history.
As a longshot, I'd like to see it lead to him dawning the mask again for a brief time. Then retirement.

That'd be a great way for him to go out on a high note, because I think it's due time he goes out.

Seems like a class guy and loyal company man. Would love to see him get a position off-screen as a road agent, trainer, or something, if he wanted it.

Ermaximus
02-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Hahaha I so called them putting R-Truth in the EC. As for Batista not being in there, that really does baffle me. Maybe they'll put him a match against HBK like Juan said and have the implication that the winner gets Taker at WM or something?

Sixx
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
So Edge is a good guy now?

ClockShot
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Whoa. Anything can go in Smackdown's Chamber. No problem with anybody holding the belt in there, except Rey of course.

Nothing on Batista showing up on Raw to jump Bret? Probably will be addressed this monday.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
But Taker is going into the chamber as champion on the same PPV, so that stipulation wouldn't make much sense or hold any guaruntee

I would say that Shawn could defend the honor of Bret first, but that would be out of place in the middle of his obsession with Taker

I just don't know. Batista, Edge and Shawn are all off the card at the moment and it's hard to believe they'll all stay that way.
Shawn will likely show up to cost Taker the title, so maybe he doesn't have a match at all.

Maybe they all get thrown into a triple threat for Edge's rumble shot. I don't know how or why that would come up for grabs though

Evil Vito
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I really have no idea where they are going with this. My hope is that HBK and Batista face off for the right to face Undertaker...but then again, why would Batista really care about fighting Taker at WM? He would only want to fight Taker if he had the belt. HBK on the other hand just wants to fight Taker, belt or no belt.

You could also make it a #1 contenders match...but then that would mean HBK wins and Taker retains, which means Edge has to fight Sheamus or whoever emerges from the Raw EC. That would mean we don't see the Jericho/Edge feud we all want to see (and they seem to be building towards).

It's very confusing, I have absolutely no idea how they'll set this up.</font>

The Gold Standard
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I like the match. I am just confused as to why Batista is not there. I guess he could replace R-Truth, but I kinda like the idea of having him in there. Who knows, maybe he can step up his game and become a star.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Keep in mind there could be swerves galore involving the chamber lineups themselves, and everything else, between now and the show. Or on the show.

Last years No Way Out was a swervefest and a great PPV. I really hope they mix things up and really keep us guessing again this year

Evil Vito
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Well, I thought of another way they could get around this...although it is far less than ideal:

HBK vs. Batista - Winner gets a title shot against whichever champ Edge doesn't pick to face (you can build this up many ways, including HBK pretty much threatening Edge if he picks to face Taker, etc.)

anyway, Batista winds up winning...HBK has another psycho meltdown. He somehow manages to break into the chamber and cost Taker the belt. Jericho capitalizes and wins the title. Sets up Jericho/Edge and Taker/HBK

Meanwhile, Cena (ugh) wins the WWE title in the Chamber match...and since Edge has selected to face Jericho, Batista must face Cena. So the rumored Batista/Cena match goes forth with the title on the line. Bret and Vince might be involved in this as well.

I really don't see both belts changing hands at EC, but it's just a possibility I suppose.</font>

The Jayman
02-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Backstage Promo with Edge and Christian

:):y:

Sixx
02-03-2010, 09:29 AM
What kind of a backstage promo?

The Jayman
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
for me it wouldn't matter. I would just like to see E&C on screen

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
E&C for the ECW title at EC

The Jayman
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
sounds like a winner

Sycophant
02-03-2010, 10:08 AM
E + C for a title would be great, but could you see Edge wasting away in ECW/NXT? That would be a huge waste of Edge...just like they are wasting Christian.

The Franchise
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Batista not in the chamber. Very interesting

Read a rumor on wrestlezone I think that said they were thinking of doing Batista/Vince vs Cena/Bret at EC and then the two individual matches at Mania.

Also this made me laugh

Edge says jericho cant take away his dream and hes tired of jericho saying hes the best in the world and hes tired of jerichos face altogether

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I really have no idea where they are going with this. My hope is that HBK and Batista face off for the right to face Undertaker...but then again, why would Batista really care about fighting Taker at WM? He would only want to fight Taker if he had the belt. HBK on the other hand just wants to fight Taker, belt or no belt.

You could also make it a #1 contenders match...but then that would mean HBK wins and Taker retains, which means Edge has to fight Sheamus or whoever emerges from the Raw EC. That would mean we don't see the Jericho/Edge feud we all want to see (and they seem to be building towards).

It's very confusing, I have absolutely no idea how they'll set this up.</font>

It seems likely they'll do Batista vs. Shawn Michaels. I could see Vince in Batista's corner, and Bret in HBK's. Perhaps the winner gets a match of their choosing? If HBK wins, he'll get to face The Undertaker; and if Batista wins, he'll get to challenge for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania XXVI? But then I went on to read what you later suggested, and that sounds about right. I mean, WrestleMania had a few random surprises last year (Edge vs. Cena vs. Big Show for the WHT? Really?).

Londoner
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I wish people would shut the fuck up about edge going for the ecw title, its not gonna happen, idiots.

Lock Jaw
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I wish people would shut the fuck up about edge going for the ecw title, its not gonna happen, idiots.

But its so prestigious!

Londoner
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Might happen if christian gets drafted to smackdown, but only then.

But even then you fuckers will whinge about it not being like you thought!

Jimmy Cones
02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
You'd think after entering the konami code so many times that Batista would not forget the button combo. Also, this smackdown seems great. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Innovator
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Could have Punk or Rey win, then do Punk v. Rey at Mania

Also, I wonder who will take out Kofi this year

NoRoolz
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Chamber does seem a bit weak in terms of star power. Great for 'proper' wrestling fans but I think to Marks it'll seem a bit pussyish. Morrison, R-Truth and Rey, to me only one of them should be in the chamber. Don't ask me why because I'm not really sure. I don't even like Bats but I'd book him in there instead of one of the mentioned three.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM

I hope you understand that it was a joke sentence because of all the "Es" and "Cs" involved

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Jericho to win probably due to interference from Michaels somehow, setting up Edge vs Jericho and Michaels vs Taker at WM

Michaels vs Taker will probably be stipulated that Michaels has to retire if he can't beat taker?

Anybody Thrilla
02-06-2010, 06:13 PM
There was no Edge/Christian backstage segment. It was Edge/Jericho.