PDA

View Full Version : i haven't seen adrien brody in anything for fucking years

The Mask
02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
what happened to the guy? :'(

Ogen
02-06-2010, 01:26 AM
These things need pictures because I'm a lazy cunt.

The Mask
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
http://www.watchmoviestreaming.com/pictures/thepianist1.jpg

Juan
02-06-2010, 02:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrien_Brody#Filmography

ClockShot
02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Go rent The Brothers Bloom. Good movie.

Boondock Saint
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
He's doing the Predator remake I believe.

Jon Kano
02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah , 'Predators' - Been keeping my eye on it for a while. I believe Morpheus and Machete are also starring. And the director is attempting for an Arnie/Dutch cameo. It's a remake of the sequel yeah.

Brujesino
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah , 'Predators' - Been keeping my eye on it for a while. I believe Morpheus and Machete are also starring. And the director is attempting for an Arnie/Dutch cameo. It's a remake of the sequel yeah.

no its not a remake of the sequel since this new movie takes place on a predator planet

Jon Kano
02-07-2010, 12:17 AM
It's called 'Predators', alluring to the plural the film 'Aliens' as the sequel to 'Alien'.

It takes place on their planet yeah, it does. Doesn't mean shit with regard to what the film actually is.

In a recent MTV Blogs Interview, Rodriguez further confirms that his reboot is to be the direct sequel to the original, possibly ignoring Predator 2, Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, saying “Maybe people will forget all the bad sequels and only think this one and the original exist” and mentions his attempts to snag Arnold Schwarzenegger for the role of Dutch.[11] The film stars Adrien Brody[12], Alice Braga, Danny Trejo, Walt Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Topher Grace[13], Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Louiz Ozawa[14] and Laurence Fishburne.
[edit]

Too right too.

Verbose Minch
02-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Fuck that. Predator 2 with Danny Glover>Arnold Schwarzenegger playing with logs in a jungle.

Jon Kano
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
lol stfu you fucking moron

Danny Electric
02-07-2010, 07:35 PM
It's not a remake, it was a script that Robert Rodriguez wrote in the early 90's that had nothing to do with Predator 2.
Really looking foward to it.

Jon Kano
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Time will tell.

Danny Electric
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Plus that guy has a crazy long name.

Jeritron
02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Don't see why this premise for a sequel would in any way contradict Predator 2. It may "ignore it", but that doesn't mean it will negate it.
Predator 2 had very little to do with the original. Aside from one vague reference to the original film, there were no connections.

I'm pretty sure that this film can be a direct sequel to the first Predator, and ruffle no feathers in the continuity of 2.
The only way it would negate it is if something was stated along the lines of "No Predators have visited Earth since the one from the first movie"
Even still, how and why would something like that be known and told to the audience?
Highly unlikely.

Jeritron
02-08-2010, 08:35 AM
The Alien and Predator movies also have no connection to anything, thank God. I'm glad they're ignoring those. Even if they did have direct connection to the first film I'd be for pretending they never happened.

I'm glad they're taking the Predator franchise back to being on it's own, and in this direction.

Even better is the direction they're taking the Alien franchise. Not only back to being on it's own, but they're doing a prequel to the first film, and Ridley Scott is returning to direct.

The whole Alien vs Predator experiment was a failure. It was great for toys, comics and video games because it brought together two awesome franchises that had a lot in common. There was always a strong connection.
Bringing it to film was silly. The novelty works fine in other forms of media, but crossing the franchises on the big screen was cheap. It lessened them, by resorting to the old horror tricks of Frankenstein meets Wolfman, or Freddy vs Jason.

Maybe, just maybe, a crossover could have worked. They would've had to have taken it seriously though. The best bet at it working would have been to involve the makers of the originals.
Also, it was a large mistake at conception to set them on Earth in modern times. Why they weren't set in space, in the future we know from Alien, is beyond me.

Jon Kano
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
The AvP films are in no way 'awesome or very good', but as a Predator and Alien franchise fan, I'm glad they made them anyway. They are OK to watch once if you are a fan of both. Least I find anyway.

Jeritron
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I suppose they're entertaining for a watch, but that's only because of the franchises involved. Otherwise it's just sci fi channel style garbage with higher production values.

Jon Kano
02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah I agree.