PDA

View Full Version : God dammit. (SD spoiler, maybe)

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I am absolutely disgusted by R-Truth being in the EC match. And that he defeated Knox. And that he did it so quickly.

What on Earth has he done to be put in this position over Knox, Ziggler, or Kane? It's simply ridiculous.

:nono:, WWE. :nono:

Stealth-Icon
02-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I agree!!

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah he's really no Renee Dupree :(

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah he's really no Renee Dupree :(

That's true: Renee Dupree never got a title shot he didn't earn.

CSL
02-06-2010, 11:34 AM
He's over, the kiddies love him

DaveWadding
02-06-2010, 11:35 AM
GETTIN ROWDAY

Evil Vito
02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yep, WWE are idiots for putting one of the most over guys on SmackDown into the Elimination Chamber.</font>

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't see how R Truth doesn't deserve a chance. Dude is a consistantly hard worker.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 11:46 AM
It's not like he's going to win lol

Supreme Olajuwon
02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Affirmative Action strikes again.

thedamndest
02-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I never would have thought that when K-Kwik debuted we would all be saying "This guy is ten years ahead of his time" but here we are.

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 12:28 PM
He's over, the kiddies love him

I don't care.

Yep, WWE are idiots for putting one of the most over guys on SmackDown into the Elimination Chamber.

Yes, they are.

Xero
02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
GETTIN ROWDAY

BOUT TO MOVE SOME THINGS!

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Afterlife I cannot take your whining seriously. You have no reason to hate R Truth, he doesn't have a good gimmick but he's over and he can actually work.

Xero
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq9B51MHLNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq9B51MHLNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Londoner
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Afterlife I cannot take your whining seriously. You have no reason to hate R Truth, he doesn't have a good gimmick but he's over and he can actually work.

Yup. Agreed.

D Mac
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
WHAT'S UP!

Someone had to say it.

Wolfpack423
02-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I am absolutely disgusted by R-Truth being in the EC match. And that he defeated Knox. And that he did it so quickly.

What on Earth has he done to be put in this position over Knox, Ziggler, or Kane? It's simply ridiculous.

:nono:, WWE. :nono:

I agree with you on Ziggler and Kane, but R-Truth should be put over Mike Knox, I don't know why the IWC likes him, he's not a good wrestler at all of course that's my opinion but is it because he does a jumping cross body?

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM

1. I don't care if you take my greivance seriously. Your approval of my perception is surprisingly irrelevant.

2. R-Truth is dull; he raps very badly, yet he raps all the time; he has accomplished nothing to warrant a title match; his greatest in-ring skill is the ability to twirl. These are reasons I am unhappy with his placement. But you are right; I don't hate him as a person.

TGR
02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I like R-Truth. I liked him when he was K-Kwik He's always been a solid, reliable worker who excited the crowd.

Londoner
02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I've not always liked him but he's improved alot.

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree with you on Ziggler and Kane, but R-Truth should be put over Mike Knox, I don't know why the IWC likes him, he's not a good wrestler at all of course that's my opinion but is it because he does a jumping cross body?

Knox has a character and an imposing presence. He has more lasting potential, as I see it, than Cryme Tyme Lyte.

Londoner
02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Knox has a character and an imposing presence. He has more lasting potential, .

lol

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Knox has a character and an imposing presence. He has more lasting potential, as I see it, than Cryme Tyme Lyte.

:nono:

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Knox has potential don't get me wrong. But good lord, can you sip on any more hatorade?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Who really even gives a shit about him being the match anyway?

JERICHO, PUNK, AND MORRISON BABY

D Mac
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Mike Knox is like Snitsky. Big monster that will probably never amount to much.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 01:05 PM
1. I don't care if you take my greivance seriously. Your approval of my perception is surprisingly irrelevant.

2. R-Truth is dull; he raps very badly, yet he raps all the time; he has accomplished nothing to warrant a title match; his greatest in-ring skill is the ability to twirl. These are reasons I am unhappy with his placement. But you are right; I don't hate him as a person.

lol his rapping isn't his fault, the writers make him do it... and YET through all of that he's found a way to connect with the crowd. How the fuck about that? Pretty incredible isn't it. With a shit gimmick, he's still over!

The fact that you think Mike Knox is a better wrestler than R Truth just shows how out to lunch you truly are.

Gimmicks don't make the wrestler my friend, true talent finds a way to make it work, and that's what he has done, you need to learn that before you go on one of your cryfests.

ron the dial
02-06-2010, 01:07 PM
he's waaaaaaay over that's why.

D Mac
02-06-2010, 01:09 PM
hes coooool1111111111111

Traiklin1982
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
he really does spin to much though. I have been a fan of his since tna. But that spinning crap has to go. maybe he could do it with 1 move but it seems he does it with almost every move he does.

D Mac
02-06-2010, 01:18 PM
It's called a signature move. :roll:

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
lol his rapping isn't his fault, the writers make him do it... and YET through all of that he's found a way to connect with the crowd. How the fuck about that? Pretty incredible isn't it. With a shit gimmick, he's still over!

I don't care who makes him do it. He does it, and it's bad. That's the bottom line. It's bad, so I don't like it. See how that works?

The fact that you think Mike Knox is a better wrestler than R Truth just shows how out to lunch you truly are.

The fact that you can't comprehend my posts really rolls my eyes. I didn't say he was a better wrestler. I said he has an imposing presence and, in my eyes, more lasting potential. Those ideas are not synonymous. Feel free to absorb that.

Gimmicks don't make the wrestler my friend, true talent finds a way to make it work, and that's what he has done, you need to learn that before you go on one of your cryfests.

Aside from his gimmick for the kids, what does he have? Other than the ability to twirl? He strikes me as remarkaby average, and is only "over" because he won a match with Jericho. He does not seem to be at a level any greater than Jimmy Wang Yang's singles peak.

ron the dial
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$

jskinnyg
02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Ugh the sadness that there is a thread this LONG about Truth is depressing... Yes he's over the the kids with that dumbass music... BUT hello, King BOOKA called and wants his finisher back... He won't last... He'll fall faster than Ziggler did...

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Ugh the sadness that there is a thread this LONG about Truth is depressing... Yes he's over the the kids with that dumbass music... BUT hello, King BOOKA called and wants his finisher back... He won't last... He'll fall faster than Ziggler did...

I wouldn't say Ziggler has "fallen" too far. THey can pick up his steam anytime they like. As for Truth, I don't want him fired. I want him to stop being annoying, and I want his title shots to come with thought behind them. A little deeper than "kids cheer with his meaningless catchphrase".

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
He's very athletic and moves incredibly well. He knows how to work, that's all there is to it. He clearly has charisma.

James Steele
02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I want his title shots to come with thought behind them. A little deeper than "kids cheer with his meaningless catchphrase".

Do you have any idea how wrestling fucking works? According to that post, you believe someone who is popular with the fans doesn't deserve a push...are you really that big of a fucking retard?

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Do you have any idea how wrestling fucking works? According to that post, you believe someone who is popular with the fans doesn't deserve a push...are you really that big of a fucking retard?

Your grasp of my perspective is shocking.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
lol I never thought I'd be guns ablazing on James Steeles side, but jesus Afterlife. LOL an "imposing presence". Maybe if R Truth does that stupid Renee Dupris dance you'll like him and say he deserves a title shot.

LOL and it's a fucking elimination chamber title shot. Noone thinks he has a chance.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
No matter how superior you try to act and smart you try to be, and how many times you roll your eyes at what I say, the fact remains that your opinion sucks. Simple as that.

He's over... so he got involved in the match.

The Franchise
02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
It makes sense that they are pushing him since he is over but he does have this "flavor of the month" vibe to him

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
lol I never thought I'd be guns ablazing on James Steeles side, but jesus Afterlife. LOL an "imposing presence". Maybe if R Truth does that stupid Renee Dupris dance you'll like him and say he deserves a title shot.

LOL and it's a fucking elimination chamber title shot. Noone thinks he has a chance.

I don't think you know what "imposing presence" means. I also get the feeling you either don't understand that this thread is just me venting because a bad gimmick is being treated like it's a good character, or you really just look for reasons to argue against the things I say.

I also know he doesn't stand a chance -- that's another reason, as I see it, putting him in there is a waste of time.

No matter how superior you try to act and smart you try to be, and how many times you roll your eyes at what I say, the fact remains that your opinion sucks. Simple as that.

Not sure how a thread in which I'm just bitching to see myself bitch is a flaunt of superiority unless, again, you're just looking for reasons to dislike me. I really don't expect you, or anyone else, to give a shit about whether or not I like any given midcarder. I just don't think he belongs in that position. So...there ya go.

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
It makes sense that they are pushing him since he is over but he does have this "flavor of the month" vibe to him

I still see it as the only reason he's "over" is because he's a good guy and he beat Jericho.

Johnny Vegas
02-06-2010, 03:05 PM

have to agree with this. AfterLife just has some type of resentment towards Killings.

ron the dial
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I still see it as the only reason he's "over" is because he's a good guy and he beat Jericho.
for a person talking about other's lack of perceived understanding in this thread, you show a profound lack of understanding with this statement. especially since you've said it more than once now.

Afterlife
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
for a person talking about other's lack of perceived understanding in this thread, you show a profound lack of understanding with this statement. especially since you've said it more than once now.

K.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I think you're wrong so I will tell you as such.

Tazz Dan
02-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Lets all not forget Mr. Killings is also a former TNA world champion. Can Mr. Knox say the same?

#1-norm-fan
02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
R-Truth > Ziggler

Ziggler has no redeeming qualities to me. He's not awful but nothing really impresses me about him. I find him dull. Truth has some freshness about him at least.

Anybody Thrilla
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Freshness? He's playing the same character he played a decade ago.

Tazz Dan
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
As opposed to HHH, HBK, Undertaker, Kane etc who aren't?

:p

Anybody Thrilla
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Dolph Ziggler, for one.

Kane Knight
02-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Afterlife, when did you become Noid-minus-autism?

Shadow
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh Afterlife.....why?

Afterlife
02-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Shadow Bump.

Favre4Ever
02-07-2010, 03:51 AM
I'll put fifty bucks on R-Truth right now.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't dislike R-Truth. He's a good worker, although the character he plays is not someone I really want to like. I'd prefer it if he was playing a deeper character, or a heel, but whatever. The target demographic is happy with Truth, so the WWE is happy with Truth. That's the way the WWE, for the most part, works.

But there's some other factors that I think go in to helping Truth's cause:

1) He's black. The WWE wants to push some black people. I guess Shelton Benjamin is not black enough. But you can see some similarities between the way Kofi Kingston has been pushed, and the way R-Truth has been pushed. Both have been feuding with a major heel (Chris Jericho/Randy Orton), and both have found themselves getting upsets here and there to keep them in the remote title hunt.

2) He's been wrestling for almost ten years now, and is 38 years old. May not sound like much of a selling point, but Truth has proven himself to be dedicated to the business, and a guy that the WWE can depend upon. He's probably not as much of a kid as some of the other young guys, either. He obviously rubs people the right way, because both the WWE and TNA have said "Okay, we're going to give you a shot."

I would have rather seen Kane or Dolph Ziggler in the match; and Truth wrestling Drew McIntyre for the IC Title, but whatever. I'm sure Truth will add something positive to the Elimination Chamber, and then go on to do something wacky in Money in the Bank.

DaBrasko
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
have to agree with this. AfterLife just has some type of resentment towards Killings.

Nigga stole his wallet!

DAMN iNATOR
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM

He doesn't always use the Scissor/Axe Kick...he's been known to win matches with that corkscrew flying elbow move that I believe is called the "Lie Detector" (:?:).

Fox
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I've always enjoyed the work of R-Truth; ever since he was K-Kwik in a tag team with Road Dogg. He's got a great look, he's quick, makes a simple move like a flying back elbow look exciting, and he's not just some spot monkey. The man can also cut a promo when given the chance. I have no problems with the WWE pushing him the way that they have been as of late.

What completely and totally does fuck with me is the fact that they call him R-Truth.

The man's REAL NAME is Ronald Killings. Ron Killings. How the fuck can you get a guy with a sick ass ring name like Ron Killings and NOT USE IT? What the fuck are they thinking? How often do you get a good wrestler with solid talent who has a great real last name like "Killings"? I mean come on.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
It's a very athletic sounding name too, like he's a high profile running back or someting "Ron Killings". w/e WWE does anything they can not to come off as legit so obviously they call him R Truth.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
This thread is laughable. LAUGHABLE

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
He doesn't always use the Scissor/Axe Kick...he's been known to win matches with that corkscrew flying elbow move that I believe is called the "Lie Detector" (:?:).

That move is fucking stupid. I would by R-Truth as a serious threat if A. He quit singing that stupid ass all the time, and B. He stopped using that lame ass elbow. Look at me, I can spin and hit you with an elbow... somewhere... maybe/

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Fuckin internet smarks just can't be happy for anyone can they?

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
To sort of expand on my issue with his stupid singing... When he comes out, he acts like a fan-loving idiot, not too different then how Too Cool used to be. I understand people love him, but come on. Some of his backstage segments with Jericho have been great, and he's had a bit of a hard edge to him... But he loses it when he comes out.. He acts way to nice. Like, if you put him in a serious angle, where at one point he was so serious he stopped singing, cut real promos, and went out ready to beat someone's ass, I think he'd go a lot farther.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
To sort of expand on my issue with his stupid singing... When he comes out, he acts like a fan-loving idiot, not too different then how Too Cool used to be. I understand people love him, but come on. Some of his backstage segments with Jericho have been great, and he's had a bit of a hard edge to him... But he loses it when he comes out.. He acts way to nice. Like, if you put him in a serious angle, where at one point he was so serious he stopped singing, cut real promos, and went out ready to beat someone's ass, I think he'd go a lot farther.

lol obviously, that's not the issue in this topic.

His gimmick is crap, there's no doubt, but that's not his fault. He is TOLD to rap, he doesn't have a choice. The fact that he is over is because of the fact that he has natural charisma.

To hate on him because he has a shit gimmick, that he still manages to get past is just ridiculous and frankly, disrespectful to someone who has been busting their ass for quite some time to get a good spot. And it is ignorant.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm not "hating" on him.

I just don't think he'll ever reach his full potential, because of his gimmick. It's not a shot at him as a wrestler or entertainer, it's a shot at how he's used.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
There's no argument then really. Obviously with a goofball gimmick he's only going to get so far. But it's up to the writers to do something about this.

el bobbo
02-08-2010, 03:27 AM

I was just about to post; "What the fuck does his finishing move actually accomplish?"

He has a weaker finisher than MVP.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
We are in an age of pretty craptastic finishers. Even look at the Pedigree, it looks terrible these days.

Kane Knight
02-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Fuckin internet smarks just can't be happy for anyone can they?

Considering Punk's "in the doghouse" or some permutation of the phrase an average of six times a year, and underused the rest of the time....

Yeah.