PDA

View Full Version : John Cena

spd10000
04-12-2004, 03:52 PM
http://betweentheropes.com/stream.php?filename=cena3.wma

(From Betweentheropes.com)

WWE superstar John Cena talks about his brand new Word Life DVD, his upcoming album, how the WWE can tap into the hip-hop culture and whether or not he has been accepted by the hip-hop people, WrestleMania XX, Brock Lesnar leaving the company and more!

Rob
04-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Dude, I love BTR but this isn't their forum.

Gerard
04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Cena :|

Was a time where he could wrestle, now his matches have evolved into the usual wwe punchathons and to cap it all off one of the weakest finishers ive ever seen. Even his little raps are old and boring, hasn;t had a good or even decent one in ages.

spd10000
Dude, I love BTR but this isn't their forum.

I know, but not everyone knows about them.

Loose Cannon
I remember how everyone, including me, was saying how it was to early for the Cena DVD. But thank god they put that out because it's all about Heel John Cena. And Heel John Cena Ruled All. I can't stand Babyface John Cena at the moment. I'm definately picking that DVD up when I have the chance.

The Mackem
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Why do they give popular wrestlers stupid moves like that one Cena has where he pumps up his shoes.

RGWhat316
04-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm a big Cena fan also and I have the DVD, but even I admit that he's almost too good of a good guy. Crowd interaction is good, but he does it maybe a little too much. He easily gets the biggest pops every night, yet still sucks up to the crowd quite a bit.

But one thing I do like is how he has put more things into his match that aren't big moves, but starting to be trademark. Such as the run, shake off the shoulder, then drop punch. And pumping up the shoes I think is cool and something new in his matches.

Rob
04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
I know, but not everyone knows about them.

Link them in one post then.

spd10000
04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Link them in one post then.

Sorry about that. I thought of that afterwards.

Gerard
04-12-2004, 05:37 PM
trademark. Such as the run, shake off the shoulder, then drop punch. And pumping up the shoes I think is cool and something new in his matches.

The drop punch has been called the "5 knuckle shuffle" for a good couple of months now. :wtf:

HHHsucks929
04-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Well Cena's easily the most entertaining superstar on Smackdown! right now (Eddie and Rey are very close to him), so I have no problem with hyiom being a heel. I'd like it to stay that way since he gets the biggest pops of anyone. As far as crowd interaction Cena's the man, I've met hima t the mall and he seems almost ecstatic to have fans who recognize him.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Well Cena's easily the most entertaining superstar on Smackdown! right now (Eddie and Rey are very close to him), so I have no problem with hyiom being a heel. I'd like it to stay that way since he gets the biggest pops of anyone. As far as crowd interaction Cena's the man, I've met hima t the mall and he seems almost ecstatic to have fans who recognize him.
Ya, he slaps you five and signs an autograph. Funniest part of it was he was wearing exactly what he wears on tv. A jersey, jean shorts, a master lock chain and even a knee brace. I see him around a lot cuz hes from around here.

natureboycv
04-12-2004, 06:36 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Yeah I met John Cena and he was wearing the basketball jersey and stuff, he was a cool guy. :cool:</font></b>

Batsu
04-12-2004, 07:26 PM
I remember how everyone, including me, was saying how it was to early for the Cena DVD. But thank god they put that out because it's all about Heel John Cena. And Heel John Cena Ruled All. I can't stand Babyface John Cena at the moment. I'm definately picking that DVD up when I have the chance.

This is Cena's version of The Rock's "Know Your Role".

They need to re-release that DVD with extras, that was my favorite Rock video of all time, because The Rock of that era was classic...

CBright7831
04-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Between The Ropes has surpassed Get In The Ring as my favorite wrestling radio show.

Cena has been on BTR three times in the last six months.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-12-2004, 08:47 PM
They should re-release a lot of old videos on dvd with extras, like 'cause stone cold said so and break down the walls. Two classic videos.

Rob
04-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Between The Ropes has surpassed Get In The Ring as my favorite wrestling radio show.

Cena has been on BTR three times in the last six months.

Between The Ropes has been the best wrestling show out there for years in my book. The minute Dave Meltzer's Eyada show went under, they took over and even Meltzer's comeback show on Sportsbyline doesn't hold a candle to them. The LAW used to be great until Jeff Marek left and now they aren't even on the internet.