PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in WWE history held as many belts as The Miz currently has?

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
We've had double-champions before, I know that. But has anyone ever been responsible for three title belts in the history of the WWE? I'm trying to think and cannot come up with any.

Shadrick
02-09-2010, 04:31 AM
That's a good question, I was wondering the same thing. And once I saw Punk get pinned, I knew it was gonna happen.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Angle held 3 titles in TNA not long ago and of course...
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesS/storm_vcrppv.jpg

in WCW

But yeah first time for WWE I think.

Jeritron
02-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Kane was IC champion and sole owner of both tag belts

Droford
02-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Angle held 3 titles in TNA not long ago and of course...
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesS/storm_vcrppv.jpg

in WCW

But yeah first time for WWE I think.

wasn't one of those the infamous Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title?

also..I remember at one point early 90's WCW the Steiners were lugging around a ton of belts that they won in Japan or elsewhere but I cant find a pic.

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Kane was IC champion and sole owner of both tag belts

This would be the closest to what I am talking about. Was Kane the sole owner of the Tag Team belts, though? This was during his stint with The Hurricane, wasn't it? Or am I thinking of something else entirely?

Jeritron
02-09-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm pretty sure The Hurricane was his tag partner, but then he defended and retained both belts alone in a TLC match.
I think Hurricane was out after that and he carried both tag belts for a bit.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone can clarify

Road Warrior
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Two man power trip held all the belts didn't they ?

Nicky Fives
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Two man power trip held all the belts didn't they ?

Yup..... Stone Cold had the WWF Title, HHH the IC Title and both were tag champs.... but that's only 2 belts each.... I believe that The Miz has set a new record......

Sting Fan
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
So out of the loop here. What belts does Miz have even?

Jeritron
02-09-2010, 07:42 AM
It's not any different than someone who has held a singles title and one half of the tag titles at the same time though.
Tons of guys have done that.

The only difference in this case is the actual number of belts he physically posesses. It's just hardware though. Even though it's two sets of tag titles, they're "unified" and decided in one fall. Technically, it's one title.
The US title could be carried around in the form of 13 title belts, but it wouldn't change the fact that it's one title decided in matches as one object.

KIRA
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Miz is okay, its weird to me though I would've put money on Morrison being where the Miz is by now hes the better talker of the two and while Miz is making leaps and bounds in the ring Morrison Owns him skill-wise.

Not saying I dont like it I just didnt really see it turning out this way.

Crazy Nick
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
If I am not mistaken I think Shawn Michaels held all of the major titles at one time.

Theo Dious
02-09-2010, 08:37 AM
If I am not mistaken I think Shawn Michaels held all of the major titles at one time.

Yeah that definitely did not happen.

KIRA
02-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure The Hurricane was his tag partner, but then he defended and retained both belts alone in a TLC match.
I think Hurricane was out after that and he carried both tag belts for a bit.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone can clarify

No you are correct Hurricane was Kanes partner

DAMN iNATOR
02-09-2010, 09:09 AM
So out of the loop here. What belts does Miz have even?

United States Championship
1 of the former "WWE Tag Team Championship" belts
1 of the former "World Tag Team Championship" belts
So 3 belts currently. He won the now "Unified WWE Tag Team Championship" belts last night with Big Show against DX and the Straight Edge Society (CM Punk and Luke Gallows [formerly Festus]) in a elimination triple threat tag match.

Xero
02-09-2010, 09:11 AM
It's not any different than someone who has held a singles title and one half of the tag titles at the same time though.

The only difference in this case is the actual number of belts he physically posesses. It's just hardware though. Even though it's two sets of tag titles, they're "unified" and decided in one fall. Technically, it's one title.
The US title could be carried around in the form of 13 title belts, but it wouldn't change the fact that it's one title decided in matches as one object.

What he said.

It's a similar situation with the Undisputed title. Despite what many will claim, Jericho (and subsequently Triple H, if only for one night) was not both the WCW and WWF champion at that point.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
LOL HBK holding every belt. If you are just strickly talking holding a belt, then Ultimo Dragon had like 9 belts. lol. But that was WCW.

Didn't Dan Severn carry a ton of belts to the ring?

The Jayman
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
What he said.

It's a similar situation with the Undisputed title. Despite what many will claim, Jericho (and subsequently Triple H, if only for one night) was not both the WCW and WWF champion at that point.

same situation with Kane & Taker holding both the WCW and WWF Tag Team Titles

Perry Saturn
02-09-2010, 11:06 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/watchxyoxface/UltimoDragon.jpg

Xero
02-09-2010, 11:21 AM
same situation with Kane & Taker holding both the WCW and WWF Tag Team Titles

Actually no, they were not unified for a while after that as there were a few WCW tag champions after them separate from the WWF tag titles. In this case, Kane and Taker held two titles at once.

XL
02-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Xero's right there. They were unified at Survivor Series 2001 in a Cage Match between The Hardyz and The Dudleyz.

El Fangel
02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I am not sure, but I seem to remember someone getting th Hardcore title for a little bit while having another title plus a tag title.

The Jayman
02-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Actually no, they were not unified for a while after that as there were a few WCW tag champions after them separate from the WWF tag titles. In this case, Kane and Taker held two titles at once.

you're right. I thought they were unified when they won the wwf tag belts from Kanyon & DDP at Summerslam 2001

Haze
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Miz making a run at the IC championship would make me happy.

jskinnyg
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/watchxyoxface/UltimoDragon.jpg

That sir, Is Priceless!

Xero
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/beltmarks.jpg

:shifty:

kareru
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
jericho was wcw and wwf champion at the same time

Xero
02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
He wasn't. It was one title.

kareru
02-09-2010, 01:45 PM
He wasn't. It was one title.

not in my eyes, i also believe that the undertaker is the current wcw champion

Xero
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
:roll:

Lock Jaw
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
http://s11.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/d/6/d6706shuhwxv60hd.jpg

McLegend
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Woah a Karen Angle picture.

The Tag belts have to count as 1 title, and 1 belt. Even though there are 2 belts it still counts as 1 belt.

McLegend
02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
She is so hot.

Bubba
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah that definitely did not happen.

yes it did dumbass, HBK was the first ever Grandslam champion. He held all the belts.

The Jayman
02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
yes it did dumbass, HBK was the first ever Grandslam champion. He held all the belts.

not at one time though

jettson80
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM

True, but he didn't hold them all at the same time. He held the WWE (F) Championship and the European Title at the same time, while also being a former Intercontinental and Tag Team Champ.

Xero
02-09-2010, 04:00 PM

Careful throwing out "dumbass" to others when you have the dumbest ass of all.

St. Jimmy
02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
No one's held more belts than Miz, but nothing has ever held less of my attention than the Miz.

jettson80
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Careful throwing out "dumbass" to others when you have the dumbest ass of all.

:lol:

Lock Jaw
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/KurtAngleOld.jpg

Tanawesome
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
He only technically has two titles. Not a rare occurence.

jettson80
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Didn't RVD hold the IC, Euro, and Hardcore titles at the same time at one point?

The Jayman
02-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Didn't RVD hold the IC, Euro, and Hardcore titles at the same time at one point?

he had the IC title and he fought for the HC and Euro titles in unification matches

Swiss Ultimate
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM

How dare you...

:nono:

Joesgonnakillyou
02-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I know this has been discussed to it fullest possibility but miz has 2 titles and 3 belts. So he's got the most belts anyone's ever held at once but draws with Angle, HBK, he who shall not be named etc.. for titles.

I'm just getting my post count up for 2011 tipsters. Never say that joesgonnakillyou isn't in it for the long haul!

Jeritron
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
What he said.

I would argue this is a little different, because Jericho won both belts seperately in different falls. First against The Rock, and then Austin. He pinned both existing champions and unified the belts himself.

From that point on though, they were treated and defended as one unit. So I agree with that.
HHH was definitely not, since he won it in one fall as one title.

Xero
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
See, I always saw it as Jericho winning the World Championship then, when he won the WWF title, it immediately became the unified/WWF championship. Thus, he was World Champion then WWF champion. Otherwise you'd have to count it as three reigns, one for the World/WCW, one for the WWF and one for the Undisputed (which is technically the WWF championship).

It's undeniable he was World Champion, it becomes (ironically) disputed at whether you count him winning the WWF title as a reign away from the undisputed title.

Though in terms of this, you're right. I wasn't counting him winning the title, though, just the reign itself.

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I know. I am talking about the hardware, though. It's just useless trivia, but it's a fact. Right now, three championship belts are in the kayfabe possession of The Miz. Kane might have a claim, but technically, The Hurricane was the rightful holder of one of the tag belts. Big Show has his tag belts.

And yes, it does come down to the Tag Team Championship currently being represented by four belts instead of two. And you are exactly correct about your US Title analogy. But I'm not talking about the "number of titles." I am talking about the number of physical belts.

I would argue this is a little different, because Jericho won both belts seperately in different falls. First against The Rock, and then Austin. He pinned both existing champions and unified the belts himself.

From that point on though, they were treated and defended as one unit. So I agree with that.
HHH was definitely not, since he won it in one fall as one title.

This. You are essentially making the same point, it's just a different way of looking at it. Chris Jericho won the "World Title"/WCW Title from The Rock. This reign is official. Then Chris Jericho defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWE Championship. Now, we know the WWE Championship's lineage is the same as the WWE Title's -- so essentially what we got was the WCW Title ceasing to really exist as an active championship -- even if it still existed as a physical presence on the shows.

Now, you could make the arguement that this happened as soon as Jericho won the WWE Title. But does the WCW Title stop existing first, or does Jericho's reign as WWE Champion begin first? I like to think that by winning the WWE Championship, Chris Jericho THEN earned the right to infuse the WCW Title into the WWE Title. I don't think you consider them three reigns, however. The WWE Title just changed its name for a bit, while the WCW Title just ceased to remain active once Jericho won the WWE Title.

The whole goal of that evening was to make one belt redundant because one man had won both the championships. The same goes for Carlito & Primo when they defeated John Morrison & The Miz at WrestleMania XXV. The WWE Tag Team Championship became redundant when Carlito & Primo won the World Tag Team Championship, but that is because they had won the World Tag Team Championship. Having both titles is the cause and unification is the effect.

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
As for The Miz: It may sound like a slap in the face to Christian, but I think it would make for interesting TV if The Miz (or even Big Show) challenged Christian for the ECW Title just before the brand disappears, and they win. Miz or Big Show then become known as "The Last ECW Champion," which gives them something to brag about. If The Miz wins, then he holds four belts, a new physical record, as well as a record for most championships at one time. If Big Show does it, then Big Show is on even ground as The Miz, and you can perhaps even do Show-Miz facing off at WrestleMania for the US Title and ECW Title, so that after the PPV, one man is in possession of three championships.

Theo Dious
02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
not at one time though

Don't even look at people like that, it only encourages them.

Perry Saturn
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't even look at people like that, it only encourages them.

If they get their encouragement from being proven wrong well then they must have one sad life

Mr. C
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
No, Miz only holds two titles, being one-half of the Tag Team Champions and the United States Champion, but...

Yes, Miz is the first person in the history of WWE to ever obtain three belts at once, since the Tag Team Championship currently is four belts, with each champion possessing two belts.

So, there's a difference.

DAMN iNATOR
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens370411_123798684303.jpg
Wish RVD handn't gone and fucked that up right after it happened for him...

Fignuts
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Lets be honest. The unified tag belts are only really one pair of belts now. Been waiting for them to make new belts for a while. I don't think they've ever defended just one pair of belts from the unified championship, have they?