PDA

View Full Version : RIP: Survivor Series

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
1987-2010.

McMahon said that the Survivor Series is obsolete, and will be rebranded! RIP one of the original four PPVs.

You will be missed.

Evil Vito
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Wow. It was much better when the entire show was focused on the Survivor Series matches, but still...fucking gay.</font>

Gertner
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
To be completely honest, Survivour Series is kinda useless. The main eventers are in title match so you're left with upper-mid card guys in the traditional match up. I'd LOVE War Games to come back though.

Evil Vito
02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Seriously, how long before Summerslam gets axed as well?</font>

Triple Naitch
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Get the fuck out

Mr. Pierre
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm fine with it. The traditional matches always look awesome on paper, but never seem to deliver for me. I would have enjoyed the tag matches a lot more if there was something on the line (EX: Survivors get a title match or something). Also, it always bothered me (nit-picking here) that partners NEVER broke up pinfall attempts for their teammates. But, whatever.

My favorite Survivor Series match was Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff :y: Awesome match! But, so long Survivor Series...

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
why am I not surprised at this news?

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Seriously, how long before Summerslam gets axed as well?</font>

if Summerslam gets axed I will so long onto an internet wrestling message board and rant

CSL
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd LOVE War Games to come back though.

May or July by the looks of it

Mr. Pierre
02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
I noticed that the 1997-2008 Survivor Series PPVs weren't released with the boxset. Is it because they were TV-14 and now with the current audience, they don't wanna sell them?

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I noticed that the 1997-2008 Survivor Series PPVs weren't released with the boxset. Is it because they were TV-14 and now with the current audience, they don't wanna sell them?

hard to say since they did release the Summerslam and Royal Rumble sets in their entirety

The One
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
God dammit. Now in place of Survivor Series we're gonna have some lame ass new WWE PPV title like "Thanksgiving Trouble" or "McMahon's Family Variety Hour."

Seriously, whoever has been naming the PPVs needs to be fired.

(traditional SS matches were overdone, and more often than not, simply didn't make sense partner-wise)

TOVO Fact: Tovo absolutely HATES it when the toilet paper is rolled under. Over people. You have it rolled OVER!

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
This saddens me as it was 1 of my favorite PPV's. First KOTR, and now this. :(

Favre4Ever
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I guess I agree with the move. If they aren't gonna do it right anymore, might as well not do it at all.

Jordan
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Well they are polling on WWE.com to see what we want. Looks like a bunch of WCW gimmicks. I would be happy with a Battle Bowl, that would be interesting in WWE.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
God dammit. Now in place of Survivor Series we're gonna have some lame ass new WWE PPV title like "Thanksgiving Trouble"

LOL "Thanksgiving Trouble"

Can't believe Survivor Series is gone. :( I don't think SummerSlam will go though and RR and Mania can't go.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Well they are polling on WWE.com to see what we want. Looks like a bunch of WCW gimmicks. I would be happy with a Battle Bowl, that would be interesting in WWE.

I'm probably just blind but I can't find the poll? All I see is Valentine's hearts that say "Be 6-1-Mine"

D Mac
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I doubt they will get rid of the Rumble as it is the best PPV behind Mania.

You know what they need? The LETHAL LOTTERY.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Its just gonna be renamed 'Elimination tag team matches'.(just wait and see!)

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Its just gonna be renamed 'Elimination tag team matches'.(just wait and see!)

Why not just call it 5 random faces vs 5 random heels then? That's more like WWE's style.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Why not just call it 5 random faces vs 5 random heels then? That's more like WWE's style.

Elimination tag team matches sounds better. :shifty:

D Mac
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Lethal Lottery to draw the random teams. The Survivors of the matches go on to a Battle Royal to determine a #1 contender for any title they wish.

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Coleborg: "Well King, what's gonna happen this Sunday at 5 Random Faces vs 5 Random Heels when John Cena, Kung FuNaki, Christian, Santino, and Chris Masters take on "The Animal" Batista, Tyler Reks, Jack Swagger, Chavo Guerrero, and Carlito?"

Yeah TL, you're right.

Zeeboe
02-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Survivor Series could come back. Ya never know. They got rid of the I.C. title for a while too, and brought it back.

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
It always bothered me (nit-picking here) that partners NEVER broke up pinfall attempts for their teammates. But, whatever.

Agreed. Although it hasn't always been like this, only over recent years.

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Wrestlemania will be the next to go.

It's really strange how drastically WWE has changed over the last five years. :(

D Mac
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Wrestlemania will be the next to go.

Sports Entertainmentmania!

Triple Naitch
02-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I do love the Lethal Lottery and Battle Bowl. Hopefully this makes its return, but Vince seems to want to get completely away from WCW gimmicks.

Cool King
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
1987-2010.

McMahon said that the Survivor Series is obsolete, and will be rebranded! RIP one of the original four PPVs.

You will be missed.

The reason it's "obsolete" is because Vince took what was basically keeping the PPV some purpose since the Brand Split, that being the Team Raw vs Team SmackDown Elimination Match, and created a whole PPV around that match and he called it "Bragging Rights" and placed it on the PPV Callender a month before Survivor Series.

Now we can all look forward to a PPV called something like "WWE Tag Team Tension" where every match is a Tag Team Match.

But seriously, this sortof sucks. :-\

Jordan
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Bragging Rights is a much better concept.

Y2Ant
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
The best part about all of this is how all of the PPVs of the last quarter of 2009 had gone up in buyrates, except Survivor Series which was down 25%, and the reason they think this is, is that the SS concept is outdated and "obsolete".

It's not like the downright laughable booking (see: Cena/HBK/HHH) was the reason for the shit buyrate or anything, right? Ignorance at it's finest right there, well played Vince.

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Vince seems to want to get completely away from WWE gimmicks.

Fixed. :y:

Lara Emily
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Fuck :( Survivor Series matches rock

Sixx
02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Get rid of Wrestlemania too, while you're on it.

Halbowsky
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
If only vince would've listened to the fans for a change and give us the old, traditional Survivor series format back

Xero
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Vince better not touch the Rumble.

Or SummerSlam for that matter.

I KNOW he wouldn't touch Mania. He's senile, not retarded.

Lock Jaw
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
WWE has a new survey up asking about what type of PPVs you would be interested in: http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B8801401E2BC294

Including King of the Ring ("Tournament Event"), Battle Bowl, and War Games.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Vince better not touch the Rumble.

Or SummerSlam for that matter.

I KNOW he wouldn't touch Mania. He's senile, not retarded.

Those 'big 3' can never be allowed to go, mind you i can see him getting rid of summerslam just for the sake of change.:mad::(

Xero
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
lol Battle Bowl

Afterlife
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I guess I agree with the move. If they aren't gonna do it right anymore, might as well not do it at all.

I've been saying this for years, but I wanted them to do it right, not actually get rid of it.

I guess the "Big Four" is now the "Big Three".

Lock Jaw
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Summerfest

Joesgonnakillyou
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm actually a little upset by this. I love traditional survivor series matches. This is a real shame :(

Xero
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Those 'big 3' can never be allowed to go, mind you i can see him getting rid of summerslam just for the sake of change.:mad::(

Yeah, out of those three, SummerSlam is the most in danger. It's pretty much the only PPV left without a gimmick.

Though with them trying to make it similar to Mania with Axxess and all the city pushes, I think it's pretty safe to be honest.

Let's just hope he doesn't get it in his head that battle royals are "outplayed".

I COULD see him changing the Rumble's name, though. What's so royal about it anymore anyway? You can't even say King announcing because he's barely a king anymore.

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I COULD see him changing the Rumble's name, though. What's so royal about it anymore anyway? You can't even say King announcing because he's barely a king anymore.

"The Rumble" or "WWE Rumble" would be alright. I call it the rumble anyways.

Cool King
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

I was thinking about that just before this years Royal Rumble and the best I could come up with was that the reason the Rumble is "Royal" is because of the "prestige" of the Royal Rumble match, as it's every superstars ticket to WrestleMania, which is "The Big One" in the WWE Callender. :-\

Or some crap like that anyway.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I was thinking about that just before this years Royal Rumble and the best I could come up with was that the reason the Rumble is "Royal" is because of the "prestige" of the Royal Rumble match, as it's every superstars ticket to WrestleMania, which is "The Big One" in the WWE Callender. :-\

Sounds a good enough reason to me.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I think SummerSlam will be safe. Survivor Series has always been really close to Royal Rumble which is fairly close to Mania. I dunno I also thought SummerSlam was always the "second biggest PPV" because other than the Rumble match itself, SSlam has always had bigger matches and more hype than the Rumble. Survivor Series was definitely last out of the 4.

ALSO, I miss the Green SummerSlam logo. :(

http://www.freewebs.com/wrestlevideo/Summerslam%20Logo.JPG

Londoner
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Nah, Rumble's always been 2nd biggest for me, the meaning of the Rumble is enough for it to be 2nd.

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Give it a few years and they'll just start calling it "The Rumble."

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
The Rumble would be fine IMO

addy2hotty
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Survivor Series was the first PPV I ever saw.

At least we still got a few traditional matches and the build ups on Raw are generally really good, like a year ago when we had all the teams out near the ring at the same time.

Now it's being replaced by 'generic PPV no.9'. Wonderful :(

Londoner
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I've just said it twice and totally forgot about the Royal bit while doing so, d'oh.

redoneja
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Dunno, Survivor Series really kinda lost it's appeal after the 1991 show, in my opinion.

1992 didn't have any of the traditional matches, just a Tag Team Elimination match.

The 1993-1997 Survivor Series were pretty lackluster in terms of "Traditional Survivor Series matches." The only really interesting matchup happened in the 1995 Survivor Series ("Wildcard" matchup- faces and heels mixed together into teams).

Of course 1998 had the WWF title tournament, so no traditional Survivor Series matchups there.

From 1999-2002, the only traditional Survivor Series matchups consisted of midcard talent and weren't pushed as important in relation to the main events of those shows. The only exception to this is the 2001 Survivor Series main event which was Team WWF v Team Alliance.

From 2003-2009 there have been about 2 Traditional Survivor Series matchups per year consisting of a mixing of main event and midcard talent.

So, while there have been, on average, more "big" traditional Survivor Series matchups in the last 6 years than in the 10 previous, they don't really mean as much, in my opinion (unless some sort of stipulation is added). That's because, since the advent of Raw and Smackdown and the fact that there is a PPV every month, the guys in the Survivor Series matchups wrestle each other all the time. It's not as "special" to see the main event guys team up to fight each other, like it used to be through the '91 event.

Cool King
02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Give it a few years and they'll just start calling it "The Rumble."

Yeah, just like they did with The Great American Bash.

Though the reason for that name change was different to what the reason would be if The Royal Rumble got changed to "The Rumble".

redoneja
02-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Dunno, Survivor Series really kinda lost it's appeal after the 1991 show, in my opinion.

1992 didn't have any of the traditional matches, just a Tag Team Elimination match.

The 1993-1997 Survivor Series were pretty lackluster in terms of "Traditional Survivor Series matches." The only really interesting matchup happened in the 1995 Survivor Series ("Wildcard" matchup- faces and heels mixed together into teams).

Of course 1998 had the WWF title tournament, so no traditional Survivor Series matchups there.

From 1999-2002, the only traditional Survivor Series matchups consisted of midcard talent and weren't pushed as important in relation to the main events of those shows. The only exception to this is the 2001 Survivor Series main event which was Team WWF v Team Alliance.

From 2003-2009 there have been about 2 Traditional Survivor Series matchups per year consisting of a mixing of main event and midcard talent.

So, while there have been, on average, more "big" traditional Survivor Series matchups in the last 6 years than in the 10 previous, they don't really mean as much, in my opinion (unless some sort of stipulation is added). That's because, since the advent of Raw and Smackdown and the fact that there is a PPV every month, the guys in the Survivor Series matchups wrestle each other all the time. It's not as "special" to see the main event guys team up to fight each other, like it used to be through the '91 event.

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed a Survivor Series since 1991 though. It's just not as special as it once was, and that's really because WWF kinda abandoned the concept being the "main focus" of that PPV in the mid 90's and by the time they got behind it again (early 2000s) the nature of the business had changed to where it just wasn't the same.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed a Survivor Series since 1991 though. It's just not as special as it once was, and that's really because WWF kinda abandoned the concept being the "main focus" of that PPV in the mid 90's and by the time they got behind it again (early 2000s) the nature of the business had changed to where it just wasn't the same.

Got to agree, personally never been a fan of the traditional SS matches but respected that it was part of the history, and enjoyed some of the SS ppv's overall.

fanatic7707
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Battle Bowl sounds weird. You'd think they should do a Battle Brawl and make it a 6 or 8 man tag between the top 3 or 4 faces and the top 3 or 4 heels for both brands, or have it as the top 3 or 4 superstars from each brand face off against each other

Storer50
02-11-2010, 04:15 PM
What the fuck, Battle Bowl? They want to bring back the concept of the worst WCW ppv of all time?

Nicky Fives
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
BULLSHIT!

VSG
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I doubt they will get rid of the Rumble as it is the best PPV behind Mania.

You know what they need? The LETHAL LOTTERY.

Care to elucidate on that? I don't recall that PPV.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Battlebowl was a one-time professional wrestling pay-per-view produced by World Championship Wrestling. It was made up of tag team matches in which the partners were randomly drawn in a "Lethal Lottery" and a team had to work together to advance to the Battlebowl Battle Royal. Previous versions of Battlebowl had taken place at Starrcade 1991 and Starrcade 1992. It took place on November 20, 1993 from the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Florida. The last Battlebowl was held at Slamboree 1996 under the name of Lord of the Ring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlebowl

Gerard
02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Fuckers.

I guess thats one less ppv where we don't have to hear "it only happens once a year" which is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive heard on wwe programming as every ppv only happens once a year. :foc:

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Survivor Series has kinda sucked for a while now. They can't pace the matches and people always end up getting pinned after a move that never ever wins a normal match.

Gerard
02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Survivor Series has kinda sucked for a while now. They can't pace the matches and people always end up getting pinned after a move that never ever wins a normal match.

And when they get pinned following a finisher nobody from their team comes into help them out of it, unlike a tag team match. :wtf:

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
WWE's PPV Calender 2011:

January: WWE Battle Royal
February: WWE Elimination Chamber
March: WWE Triple H Title Match
April: WWE Triple H Title Rematch
May: WWE Extreme Rules
June: WWE The Bash
July: WWE Night of Champions
August: WWE Summerfest
September: WWE Breaking Point
October: WWE Hell in a Cell
November: WWE Bragging Rights/Battlebowl
December: WWE TLC

Awesome. :y:

parkmania
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I want to find out just how many people tell the WWE they'd actually pay money to have a PPV devoted to the draft.

addy2hotty
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
WWE's PPV Calender 2011:

January: WWE Cena Wins
February: WWE Cena Against The Odds
March: WWE Vintage Cena
April: WWE Cena's Revenge
May: WWE Cena Reloaded
June: WWE The Cena
July: WWE Night of Cena
August: WWE SummerCena
September: WWE Mass Cena
October: WWE Hell in a Cena
November: WWE Cena's Big Day Out
December: WWE Cena's Day Off, Still Wins

Awesome. :y:

Xero
02-11-2010, 07:03 PM
WWE Saturday Night of a Million Cenas

Cool King
02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
That brings back bad memories.

http://z.about.com/d/prowrestling/1/0/o/O/-/-/17cenaenters.JPG

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
poor mans
http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/eminemVMAs452.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I absolutely HATE this move, and I am not someone who enjoyed the golden era of the Survivor Series. The way Vince McMahon explained this move really pissed me off, too. He said something like "consumers actually look at what they're buying these days." What the fuck is that meant to mean?

It just bothers me that the WWE wants their PPVs to be gimmicked, or whatever, and then they decide to cut one with so much history, and a ready-made gimmick attached to it. The WWE could very easily have 60 people on its roster at any given time. If you divide that into teams of 4 you have 15 teams right there. That's too many. Cut it down to about 12, and you can have another Divas match on the card, and there's seven Elimination Matches right there. Done. Why can't the WWE just do a PPV schedule like this:

January: Royal Rumble
February: No Way Out
March/April: WrestleMania
April: Backlash
May: War Games
June: King of the Ring
July: World War III
August: Summerslam
September: Vengeance
October: No Mercy
November: Survivor Series
December: Starrcade

The Royal Rumble is self-explanitory. PPVs named after the match, besides certain concepts like the Rumble, are stupid. Elimination Chamber is fucking bad. Go back to No Way Out, which was a fitting name for a PPV featuring the Elimination Chamber, anyway. WrestleMania should also never be touched.

Backlash is a name that I've never been keen on, but the PPV does alright for itself, doesn't it? Why change what isn't broke? War Games does not sound as bad as Elimination Chamber. Let them do that one. King of the Ring is a gimmicky concept that should definitely return. World War III is a concept I never saw, but even if they just bring back the name. You could use this PPV to work out a challenger for a World Title at Summerslam, which should stay the same.

Vengeance could be the name for the "Night of Champions" PPV. Even if they use "Night of Champions" as a tagline for the PPV. Vengeance carries some important history as the WWE Title and WCW Title were unified at the first PPV. Play up that eight PPV history, and let Vengeance put every title on the line. No Mercy could feature the brand wars, and include a lot of "Champion vs. Champion" matches. Or it could be all "specialty matches." And then to close the year you have Survivor Series and Starrcade, both which carry enough of a legacy to go forward without being touched.

Afterlife
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Pretty sure it's just because it's a giant match. I also think it's related to WWE's inability to say "royale", thus having "battle royals" on occasion. But, yeah, I always just figured it was the biggest rumble around, so it was the Royal Rumble for alliteration's sake.

NeanderCarl
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I thought it was fairly explicit that the 'Royal' element is subtracted entirely from the match's mother concept, the battle royal, which derived its name from the Roman gladiators. Nothing specifically 'regal' about it.

Xero
02-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I thought it was fairly explicit that the 'Royal' element is subtracted entirely from the match's mother concept, the battle royal.
What's so Royal about a Battle Royal with Cheese?

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Royale Rumble

The Pope
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
They could have changed the concept of the PPV's name and just made Survivor Series into some kind of gauntlet.

Team Sheep
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I've been thinking for a while that the Survivor Series should be scrapped. It's been the same old shit for years now, a couple of random elimination tag matches with nothing on the line. Who really cares? Sure I can respect that the show had history and whatever but it's certainly run its course. I didn't think they'd have the balls to do away with it though. Hopefully the King of the Ring can make a return to PPV and that will be our Big Four.

Loose Cannon
02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
agree with Supreme and Redoneja. Survivor Series was one of my all-time fav PPV's back in the day. Survivor Series 1990 is my 2nd favorite PPV ever next to WM 6. I loved the concept. Redoneja hit it perfectly on the head. We see the big stars collide all the time now, so these 10 man tags don't mean anything anymore.

god, I hope they don't do Battle Bowl like WCW. For all you youngsters on here, WCW ran Battlebowls at a couple early 90's Starrcade events and had one PPV called Battlebowl. Basically, it started off with about eight tag matches. Partners were randomly drawn. All the wrestlers on winning teams advanced to a Final Battle Royal at the end and one guy won. It was always pretty terrible.

I guess it might work today though because theirs a lot of great workers and talent in WWE

teamXtremist
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
they should of just stayed with the original concept too many changes and now one of my all time favorites ppv is dead :(

Mr. C
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Disappointing. There’s mileage in the concept even without element in the program, if done properly of course. Have 5 elimination bouts and 2 title matches.

It’s close enough to WrestleMania that you can use it in many ways. Guys who’ve never faced off can start a feud based on an elimination. Teams can be formed. Teams can reunite. Teams can break up. Rilvaries from the past can be restarted. The possibilities are incredible.

The concept wasn’t why it didn’t draw. The buildup to the show where Hornswoggle was more important than anything else on RAW was why it didn’t draw.

They should rename the pay-per-view War Games so we don’t get a Street Fight Pay-Per-View.

Mr. C
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Why can’t WWE just do a schedule like this:

January: Royal Rumble
March: WrestleMania
April: Backlash
June: The Great American Bash
August: SummerSlam
November: Survivor Series

The Royal Rumble is self-explanatory, and WrestleMania should never be touched.

Backlash does alright for itself. The Great American Bash is a concept that should definitely return, even if they just bring back the name. You could use this Pay-Per-View to work out a challenger for a title at SummerSlam, which should stay the same, and then to close the year, you have Survivor Series.

Xero
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Because they would lose a huge amount of revenue. You have to realize that, today, the PPVs make them money. They'd probably lower the prices long before they started dropping below 12 PPVs a year, let alone below 10.

Mr. C
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Actually, I believe that they'd make more money running 6 PPVs a year as opposed to how ever many it is they run now. Hear me out...

First of all, all 6 PPVs could have amazing build leading in. You'd have two months in between the Rumble and WM, three or four weeks in between Backlash, two months in between Backlash and GAB, two months in between GAB and SummerSlam, three months in between SummerSlam and Survivor Series, and two months in between Survivor Series and the Rumble. Backlash would have the least amount of time for build, but I like the idea of it mostly being WM rematches, so it's better to do it soon afterwards. Survivor Series would have the most amount of time for build, with RAW & SmackDown each having three months to build up programs and create interest for the show, which was the old format, with plenty of build, in the late 80s/early 90s.

Second of all, more people probably would order all 6 PPVs, with all the money that they'd be saving, especially with the shape of the economy being the way it is now. Instead of having to fork out money for a PPV once (sometimes twice) a month, they could order one PPV and have 2-3 months to save up enough money to order another PPV.

Anyway, that's how I'd do the PPV schedule if I were in charge of doing it.

Xero
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't disagree with you, I think running the 6 PPV schedule would be great, as long as they ran specials on off months (SNME, dual-branded RAWs).

The problem is that WWE doesn't see it this way and I'm just being realistic.

Mr. C
02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
See, that's what made RAW what it once was. I hate how it seems nowadays as soon as one PPV ends, they immediately have to begin hyping the next one on RAW the following night because there isn't enough time to just let an episode of RAW be an episode of RAW, so to speak. That's how many of the greatest moments in RAW's history happened; the focus of the show after a PPV wasn't on the following PPV. That may very well be why RAW doesn't do as good of ratings anymore. Every week in between PPVs seems like a rehash of the same thing we saw the previous week because they don't give themselves enough time to creatively rest after a PPV.

As far as SNME, I'd love for them to do my 6 PPV schedule and include it once a year, taking place on the first Saturday in August, just before SummerSlam.

However, I agree with you that WWE doesn't see it this way.

Jeritron
02-12-2010, 02:21 AM
I'd like to see War Games, or even Starrcade

Rammsteinmad
02-12-2010, 03:59 AM
WWE's PPV Calender 2011:

January: WWE Cena Wins
February: WWE Cena Against The Odds
March: WWE Vintage Cena
April: WWE Cena's Revenge
May: WWE Cena Reloaded
June: WWE The Cena
July: WWE Night of Cena
August: WWE SummerCena
September: WWE Mass Cena
October: WWE Hell in a Cena
November: WWE Cena's Big Day Out
December: WWE Cena's Day Off, Still Wins

Awesome.

See, on paper this looks awesome. But where's Triple H's PPV?

Rammsteinmad
02-12-2010, 04:00 AM
I wouldn't want to see Starrcade to be honest. Starrcade was WCW's Wrestlemania, and to see it used as a lesser PPV would just kind of devalue what Starrcade meant, unless they replaced it with Summerslam, but I'd rather WWE just kept Summerslam.

AKin3D
02-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Makes me sad and happy. I loved SS for what it was, hated what it had become. I think Bragging Rights has taken over for SS.

I don't think they'll touch SummerSlam, untill HBK retires.

Calamondin
02-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Summerslam isn't going anywhere. It's the only time besides Wrestlemania when they actually seem to give a shit and try. They clearly haven't cared about Survivor Series in a while, what with dropping the entire idea of it for a couple of years before brining it back... and half assed, at that. I mean the focus of last year's SS was John Cena/HHH/Shawn Michaels acting like their match didn't mean shit.. oh, and a midget.

DaVe
02-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Can someone explain whats special about Summerslam? Mania? Got it. Rumble? Obvious. Survivor Series? Those elim matches. But Summerslam?

Londoner
02-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Can someone explain whats special about Summerslam? Mania? Got it. Rumble? Obvious. Survivor Series? Those elim matches. But Summerslam?

You serious?

DaVe
02-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Yeah. Fair enough if you call me a jackass but I can't really recall many Summerslam moments... (Entire Summerslam 98 and Hogan/Michaels is all I can remember.)

Team Sheep
02-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Gotta be honest, I've been disappointed with Summerslam for years now, considering it's supposed to be the 2nd/3rd priority PPV of the year.

Jeritron
02-12-2010, 07:27 AM
The problem is, they never really treat it like a big deal. The cards are always good for Summerslam, but aside from the occasional DX reunion they don't do anything "big" for it.

In the past few years Cena and Hardy were the biggest crowd favorites they had. If they couldn't bring themselves to make that a mania main event, it should have at least headlined a Summerslam.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
The Survivor Series hasn't been the same since they started taking it off Thanksgiving Thursday.

That is what I remember most about the old Survivor Series, eating a shitload of food, then watching football and then watching the Survivor Series.

Whoo my first wrestling thread is 3 pages long, woot.