PDA

View Full Version : I say this every couple of months, but...

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Fuck I love William Regal. Everything about him. Truthfully, I think he's my favourite guy in the WWE. Someone did a thread recently about favourite wrestlers, and I found it hard to narrow them down, but I think Regal would take the cake right now.

Everything about him. The way he mixes class with complete animal-like intensity; his awesome submission finisher; his precision on the microphone; his robes; his facial expressions; his hair. It's a shame he's on two strikes, because if there was one guy I could make the WWE Champion right now, it would be Lord William Regal.

There is no one that makes me mark out for the little stuff like Regal. He can make me mark out just by no-selling a joke from Santino Marella. Is anyone else completely and utterly in love with Regal as a performer as I am?

Nicky Fives
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Best facial expressions in the business, probably the best technically sound as well...... However, Chris Jericho is catching up on the expressions.....

Rammsteinmad
02-17-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm probably not as in love with him as Noid, but I agree, Regal is indeed fucking awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Jericho is great with his facial expressions, but they aren't quite as effective (and often hilarious) as Regal's. To me, the holy trinity in the WWE is currently William Regal, Christian and Chris Jericho as far as my investment goes.

Lock Jaw
02-17-2010, 01:22 PM
:y:

jerichoholicninja
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM
To me Regal overacts were too much especially with his grunts and screams. I love the guy but sometimes he just goes too far.

Joesgonnakillyou
02-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I have extra pride because he's a brit like me!

I definately agree, He's just consistently entertaining and you can't find intensity like he has in the ring in many people anymore. If only he'd steered clear of the steroids he could be a lot more.

KIRA
02-17-2010, 03:11 PM

Fignuts
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Regal getting suspended in the middle of his big main event push, was the last straw for me, and was what made me stop watching wrestling. Been a Regal mark forever, and that just finally killed it for me.

jskinnyg
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Jericho is great with his facial expressions, but they aren't quite as effective (and often hilarious) as Regal's. To me, the holy trinity in the WWE is currently William Regal, Christian and Chris Jericho as far as my investment goes.

I will back that up...

Favre4Ever
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qmkkv3wiEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qmkkv3wiEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Xero
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNWdQqO2__Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNWdQqO2__Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was better.

Favre4Ever
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
lol definitely.

Lock Jaw
02-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I have been inspired to change my avatar.

St. Jimmy
02-18-2010, 03:10 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/30049yu045.gif

Juan
02-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Hey look, St. Jimmy adding nothing to the discussion. I'M SHOCKED.

Skippord
02-18-2010, 03:23 AM
that guy is a real man's man, I'll tell you what

Schlomey
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Punk and Regal are my 2 favorites. They have the best facials and tell a great story. I would LOVE to see Regal join the SES

Anybody Thrilla
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Regal's cool, but I wish they would give him something more to do than try to make Zeke Jackson bearable.

Gerard
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I have extra pride because he's a brit like me!

I definately agree, He's just consistently entertaining and you can't find intensity like he has in the ring in many people anymore. If only he'd steered clear of the steroids he could be a lot more.

Regal was on steroids? Shit even mysterio looks more built than him and thats saying something. :wtf:

redoneja
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey look, St. Jimmy adding nothing to the discussion. I'M SHOCKED.

lol :y:

Dunno, I've always liked Regal but I could never buy him as a top tier guy. I imagined that the mass audience wouldn't be able to either. But hey, they turned JBL into a main event guy, I guess anything is possible.

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I know I'm in the deep minority here, but I really just don't like Regal as much as most of the IWC.

I think he's a great character, especially when he was Commissioner/GM, but his ring-work just seems to clash with most of WWE's current roster and mostly makes for boring TV matches.

I must admit though, I did enjoy his match with Christian at Breaking Point :y:.

Jura
02-18-2010, 07:12 PM
http://nsa12.casimages.com/img/2010/02/18/100218112238182481.jpg

Xero
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
lol

Big Noid

Jura
02-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Holla

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Regal's matches with Christian have been amazing.

Loose Cannon
02-20-2010, 12:52 AM
got to be honest, I've never been a Regal fan. But he'll certainly go down as one of the greats when he retires. He's done it all except win the big one, but I think you're right that he might of won the belt during his KOTR run. Regal is one of those guys that Vince can rely on to play any role and he always plays it perfectly. He's hated as a heel, but he's adored so much when he turns babyface.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Face William Regal makes me mark out like not many faces do. I loved it when he stood up to Triple H and Ric Flair for Eugene, and he was all sage-like. :love:

Loose Cannon
02-20-2010, 12:56 AM
yes, that's my most memorable face run of his. It was increidble how hated he was months before and then he was getting some of the loudest pops in the company

GoneFishing
02-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Everything about him. The way he mixes class with complete animal-like intensity; his awesome submission finisher; his precision on the microphone; his robes; his facial expressions; his hair. It's a shame he's on two strikes, because if there was one guy I could make the WWE Champion right now, it would be Lord William Regal.

He wore a pretty nice suit on the last episode of ECW too.... and wrist watch.

Agreed on the facial expressions though....

William instead of Shaemus, why not.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qmkkv3wiEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qmkkv3wiEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jericho rocks.... nuff said....

The Gold Standard
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I know I'm in the deep minority here, but I really just don't like Regal as much as most of the IWC.

I think he's a great character, especially when he was Commissioner/GM, but his ring-work just seems to clash with most of WWE's current roster and mostly makes for boring TV matches.

I must admit though, I did enjoy his match with Christian at Breaking Point :y:.

I am on your side.

I do not like Regal at all. I would always turn away from ECW when he is on. Yes, the match at Breaking Point was good, but my favorite Regal match was at SummerSlam 2009.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
You know what I would actually love to see Regal do? Manage Sheamus. I think the two would be a good fit. Regal could also help Sheamus push himself to that next level, too. As far as ability is concerned, anyway. Sheamus is both decent in the ring and on the mic, but Regal would not do any harm.

Triple H could win the RAW Elimination Chamber, and Sheamus can show up on RAW all pissy, and maybe interfere in a match destroying both guys. Give him a mic and have him say that he wants his rematch for the WWE Title tonight. He can then storm to the back, and while he's walking down some corridor, William Regal can cut Sheamus off, and the two can have a tense conversation that goes something like this:

Sheamus: What do you think you're doing?

William Regal: Listen to me. You know who I am. We've never met, but I've had my eye on you for a long time. You've got all the raw tools, but the reason you lost the WWE Championship to Triple H is because he's a lot smarter than you...

Sheamus: Are you looking to pick a fight?!?

William Regal: Let me finish! When Triple H was just starting out in this business who was a mentor to him but none other than yours truly. They don't call him the Cerebral Assassin for nothing, and I know that better than anyone.

Sheamus: So? What's your point?

William Regal: My point is, if you go into your rematch against Triple H with that temper -- he's going to destroy you, sunshine. I am the man that made Ezekiel Jackson the last ECW Champion. I could be the man that helps you regain your WWE Championship.

Sheamus: Why would you help me?

William Regal: Because in just a few mere months you've achieved something I've never done in my 27-year career -- win the WWE Championship. You've had one thing that I never had.

Sheamus: Talent.

William Regal: Yes, well -- and luck. But I can make it a sure thing, Sheamus. I can make sure you become WWE Champion again.

Their conversation would obviously sound a lot more organic than I make it sound. I can envision it in my head, and with Regal's calm yet savage demeanor, and Sheamus' youthful intensity, it could work pretty well, in my opinion. Regal pretty much played the sage main event villain on ECW; and on RAW he could do the same thing without causing too much clutter. It could lead to Sheamus and Regal teaming up in some matches, and give Regal that run near the top on RAW without actually putting the company in his hands.