TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

The Phenom 01-03-2012 04:13 PM

Has anybody done the book xp glitch. You can max out your character in like 5 minutes. I beat the game then i tried the glitch it does work.

El Fangel 01-03-2012 04:40 PM

Iron Daggers + Health Enchantment I think is a close 2nd.

Kris P Lettus 01-03-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phenom (Post 3720301)
Has anybody done the book xp glitch. You can max out your character in like 5 minutes. I beat the game then i tried the glitch it does work.

What is this??

DAMN iNATOR 01-03-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus (Post 3720339)
What is this??

I think he may be referring to a glitch that allows you to read from the Oghma Infinium, which is a skill book that levels a set of 5 levels by 5 points and it's only supposed to be able to be done once, as it disappears when read, except if you read from it and then almost immediately drop it into a barrel or a chest or something, take it back out and read from it again. Or something.

Or I could be dead wrong.

The Destroyer 01-04-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phenom (Post 3720298)
Go to Dagons Shrine there will be dremora there, kill them then leave and wait a couple days and return they will have respawned.

Only one I've got so far was off a necromancer outside of the place where you have to retrieve Jurgen Windcaller's horn for the Greybeards.

Indifferent Clox 01-04-2012 12:14 PM

I accidently became a vampire. Also one of my finished quests has a side facing arrow that indicated.its nit finished. Dunno what happened there...

Without spoilers how far can you go in the main quest before having to decide between the rebels and the empire?

Funky Fly 01-04-2012 04:29 PM

All the way through. That's a different quest altogether, though they are related. And you can finish some quests without finishing every step of the way. That's standard in games like this.

Fryza 01-05-2012 02:02 AM

Stupid Thieves' Guild glitch. When/what quest is the Oghma Infinium encountered?

Funky Fly 01-05-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryza (Post 3721794)
Stupid Thieves' Guild glitch. When/what quest is the Oghma Infinium encountered?

SPOILER: show
It was Hermaeus Mora's daedra shrine quest in oblivion. Safe to say it's the same in skyrim

Crimson 01-05-2012 08:08 PM

What can I use the diedra heart for ? I notice people mentioning it and I have one in stock..

LoDownM 01-05-2012 09:12 PM

They are used to make the best heavy armor in the game. And some other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

Funky Fly 01-06-2012 02:47 AM

Wait a tick, is daedric armor better than dragon armor?

Captain of Fun 01-06-2012 03:01 AM

From all accounts I've heard, yes.

Looks cooler too.

Captain of Fun 01-06-2012 03:02 AM

Best looking light armor I'd say goes to the Nightengale armor.

James Diesel 01-06-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

I believe when you're doing the College of Winterhold questline(could be wrong), you are sent on a quest that's in an ice cavern just north of the college. Once you do a task for the guy inside, Hermaeus Mora presents himself to you. Follow this and you'll have the book soon.

LoDownM 01-06-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Fly (Post 3722732)
Wait a tick, is daedric armor better than dragon armor?

For Heavy Armor yes. I've seen people arguing the light dragon armor is just as good/better. It's more of an opinion tho. I've been using light armor the entire game, so I think the light dragon armor is better then the daedric armor.

DAMN iNATOR 01-09-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Fly (Post 3721880)
It was Hermaeus Mora's daedra shrine quest in oblivion. Safe to say it's the same in skyrim

Yep, it's Hermaeus Mora's Daedric quest still. Best way to get it if you're not going to play the main quest for a while is to go to the wrecked Hela's Folly ship near but a little ways NW of Winterhold, and from there go east so you're on a heading a bit north of the College of Winterhold, and look for a cave called Septimus Sigmus' Outpost, go in there and talk to Septimus and he'll tell you how to get to the Tower of Mzark by way of Alftand which takes you to another area only accessible through Alftand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 3722419)
What can I use the diedra heart for ? I notice people mentioning it and I have one in stock..

Daedra Hearts are good for use in alchemy. Dunno about anything else though.

El Capitano Gatisto 01-09-2012 10:53 AM

They're used for crafting Daedric armour and weapons. Daedric weapons are the best.

One of the Companions quests is broken in my game (Purity) and now means I cannot recruit any followers. Illia was dismissed when I started the quest and I lost a load of stuff I'd given her. All I really can be bothered doing now is the Dark Brotherhood quests as they work better alone, but it's annoying having a big broken part of the game. There's no way I'm starting over, particularly as it'll probably just break again.

James Diesel 01-09-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

I was a little bit wrong in my info. It's gotten
during the quest to find the Elder Scroll. Not during the College of Winterhold questline

Destor 01-09-2012 11:56 AM

you can activate the quest at anytime by going to the cave that has...Artimis? something like that. North of the college

Destor 01-09-2012 11:57 AM

its tied into the dragon arc but has no mission requierments before starting

DAMN iNATOR 01-09-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Diesel (Post 3725861)
I was a little bit wrong in my info. It's gotten
during the quest to find the Elder Scroll. Not during the College of Winterhold questline

It can be done that way, or it can be started by traveling to Septimus Sigmus's Outpost just north of the College and eventually he will tell you enough for Discerning The Transmundane to start.

Emperor Smeat 01-10-2012 04:05 PM

Bethesda has said the upcoming 1.4 patch for PS3 users will fix the lag and save glitch issues people have been experiencing although no promise the save glitch will be completely fixed for everyone.

After receiving a lot of save files from PS3 users to discover the problem, they found out that the bug isn't being caused by a single issue that would be easy to patch up but instead from multiple issues. To make things worse, each problem seems to be dependent on the user itself which means a patch that fixes one user's save file might not be able to fix a different person's save file.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/skyrim...is-month/3902/

The Phenom 01-10-2012 04:36 PM

There is a duplicating glitch where you can duplicate apparel and jewelry. This is a good way to get a lot of gold.

James Diesel 01-10-2012 05:49 PM

Usually glitch information is followed up with details :shifty:

El Capitano Gatisto 01-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phenom (Post 3727165)
There is a duplicating glitch where you can duplicate apparel and jewelry. This is a good way to get a lot of gold.

Not really, there is absolutely no shortage of apparel and jewellry in the game. The problem is finding merchants with enough gold to buy it. Plus when you get into the game a bit you neither need much gold nor have any shortage of it.

Making iron daggers and enchanting them is the quickest way to make gold.

Captain of Fun 01-10-2012 06:00 PM

One of the Speech perks gives merchants more gold to barter with, but honestly, I'd rather use the perk on other more useful skills.

El Fangel 01-10-2012 06:30 PM

I have a chest in breezehome solely for expensive shit I've been unable to sell.

Have this ridiculous staff worth 1400g that I can't get rid of. Gold is no issue.

Kris P Lettus 01-11-2012 02:47 AM

http://i.imgur.com/oFi96.jpg

stultiloquy 01-11-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain of Fun (Post 3722740)
Best looking light armor I'd say goes to the Nightengale armor.

I agree.
Just acquired my Nightengale armor, and seeing as how I'm only proficient in Light Armor, it's probably going to be my permanent clothing....though I might swap out the cowl for the Krosis mask; the bonuses it grants seem tailor made for my character.

The Mask 01-15-2012 03:46 AM

beat the main story now and am all level 36 and legendary daedric armour up the bum but walk into a cave with some stupid mages and just get fireballed to death in about 2 seconds flat.

El Fangel 01-15-2012 01:13 PM

I just went to the throat of the world, holy shit is all I can say at Paarthurax.

Crimson 01-15-2012 02:34 PM

Wow you guys are way ahead. Im level 9 :cool:

Just turned into werewolf. I think im going to try using my magic more often too, just running up and slaughtering with my two handed weapons is getting a little repetitive.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-15-2012 03:12 PM

You can easily rank up by Smithing iron daggers. You need some leather, and the iron bar thing. You can also enchant that item for more gold.

El Fangel 01-15-2012 03:32 PM

Try Kiting the mammoths to the west of Whiterun for leather and exp.

Iron Ingots are cheap, so Iron Daggers are easy to make.

Pack a petty soul gem on it and boom 150-200 gold.

The Mask 01-15-2012 03:44 PM

fuuuck this game feels never ending. i thought san andreas was ridiculous. took over skyrim for the stormcloaks today and like still have 304909230923 missions to do. i feel compelled to do them all but i am dying to do something else :'(

D Mac 01-18-2012 06:18 AM

Skyrim has been liberated from the Imperials. Hail Lord Ulfric!

El Capitano Gatisto 01-18-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mask (Post 3733833)
fuuuck this game feels never ending. i thought san andreas was ridiculous. took over skyrim for the stormcloaks today and like still have 304909230923 missions to do. i feel compelled to do them all but i am dying to do something else :'(

Don't worry, it ends when one or more of the missions breaks, ballsing up your game, and you can't be arsed starting over. This could happen at any time really. Exciting.

Destor 01-18-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto (Post 3737030)
Don't worry, it ends when one or more of the missions breaks, ballsing up your game, and you can't be arsed starting over. This could happen at any time really. Exciting.

too true

Poit 01-18-2012 11:20 AM

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2...-pony-fans.gif