TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

RP 03-11-2022 07:52 PM

Nutted immediately

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vv_vyPOHaw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vastardikai 03-12-2022 09:24 PM

So, allegedly some anonymous Higher Up in WarnerMedia doesn't want AEW to sign the Briscoes. A lot of the marks think it has to do with prior remarks Jay Briscoe made in reference to gay people.

Honestly, I think a joke I made on my Booking thread is a more likely scenario.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0YQ7AjH-SnU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I mean, that is just the thing you'd want to see on Prime Time Television, isn't it? And I like their wrestling.

Sepholio 03-12-2022 09:43 PM

lol incredible promo. Awesome energy.

XL 03-13-2022 11:02 AM

Though I’d stumbled into one of the backyard threads for a sec there.

Mr. Nerfect 03-13-2022 03:13 PM

Chris Jericho insulted a fan on Twitter because they said they think he missed a trick by not calling his group the Inner Circle 2.0. Jericho described himself as a genius. Some are going to say Jericho’s in character, but I think it’s more than evident how sensitive Jericho is and how bad his Twitter game is.

Mr. Nerfect 03-13-2022 03:31 PM

They obviously wouldn’t swear if they were signed to a major national company.

Mr. Nerfect 03-13-2022 03:32 PM

Dax of FTR has said on Twitter that he would go back to the WWE if the money and circumstances were right and he’s not happy with how his AEW run has gone thus far. Everyone’s just working, right?

XL 03-14-2022 05:48 PM

Not quite. He said he wasn’t “satisfied” with the AEW run, which if you’re aiming to be a “Top Guy”, that’s not rare. There’s little to that “going back to WWE” thing either, because the chances of the circumstances being right for a tag team are going to be slim at best.

xrodmuc316 03-14-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5532163)
Not quite. He said he wasn’t “satisfied” with the AEW run, which if you’re aiming to be a “Top Guy”, that’s not rare. There’s little to that “going back to WWE” thing either, because the chances of the circumstances being right for a tag team are going to be slim at best.

Or they really believed the push Triple H gave them was real, that they are THAT much better than any other tag team.

Yes, they are very solid in the ring, but if they actually thought they were going to get booked better than the Bucks by the Bucks booking, they are truly delusion.

Bad News Gertner 03-14-2022 09:27 PM

So when is the Scott Hall tribute show on AEW

erickman 03-14-2022 09:30 PM

i would say wed and impact will have theres on thur, who does cody hall wrestle for is he still with new japan?

Sepholio 03-14-2022 09:33 PM

ummmmm I don't think he is wrestling atm. Last I heard he was going to MLW in 2020 but then they quietly cut ties with him pretty quickly and I don't think he went back to DDT or NOAH in Japan.

Sepholio 03-14-2022 09:36 PM

He wouldn't be a terrible guy for AEW to sign actually. Former bullet club member so he def knows people there and he's a hoss that they don't have at 6'10". Think he's like 30ish so they could get a few years out of him if they wanted to. Might be a good fit.

Sepholio 03-14-2022 09:36 PM

AEW or Impact really

Bad News Gertner 03-14-2022 10:02 PM

I've never heard a good word said about Cody Hall lol. There's a reason why nobody wants him.

This Janela tweet says it all

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dude you’re 28, 6’9 and the son of Scott Hall and you’re not signed anywhere nor get any notable independent dates.... <br>Get your fucking act together Chico...</p>&mdash; “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) <a href="https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1143688432499200001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

erickman 03-14-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5532284)
I've never heard a good word said about Cody Hall lol. There's a reason why nobody wants him.

This Janela tweet says it all

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dude you’re 28, 6’9 and the son of Scott Hall and you’re not signed anywhere nor get any notable independent dates.... <br>Get your fucking act together Chico...</p>&mdash; “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) <a href="https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1143688432499200001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

so he is another dave flair

xrodmuc316 03-14-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5532286)
so he is another dave flair

Naw man, David Flair never looked like a wrestler. If anything he was another Erik Watts where he looks like it should work, but just doesnt.

Bad News Gertner 03-14-2022 11:01 PM

Cody Hall was a giant stupid asshole. That's why he's not wrestling anywhere.

Sepholio 03-14-2022 11:06 PM

lol I didn't realize what a shithead he is. And apparently he's a dangerously stiff worker too.

slik 03-15-2022 03:34 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LFUOksFer40" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sepholio 03-15-2022 04:25 AM

lmao he is so into the gimmick and I love it. Danhausen should have all the titles as soon as he's cleared. ALL of them. And he really needs to get a blimp entrance one day.

screech 03-15-2022 12:24 PM

The only things I've ever heard about Cody Hall are not good. Sloppy and stiff in the ring, doesn't care to improve, trying to coast on being Scott's son, etc. I'm not shocked he's gotten nowhere.

Jordan 03-15-2022 12:29 PM

I had actually heard that Cody Hall was pretty good and had a lot of potential but that was from like DDP and other friends of Scott's if I recall. I know he had a gig in Japan, was it All Japan or Noah? Maybe somewhere else I don't know.

The stuff you guys are saying is actually the first bad rep I've heard about him, so I'm having trouble believing you guys. Most of the guys here are known as liars and socks! I am the real deal, Cody Hall is also the real deal.

It won't belong til AEW makes Cody Hall "ALL ELITE" and honor his father with a "THE BADDEST GUY IN AEW TOURNAMENT" where the winner gets awarded a trophy in the shape of a razor, painted in black and red!

4 life mother fuckers!

Evil Vito 03-15-2022 02:19 PM

Cody Hall was in NJPW in Bullet Club. He was an oaf.

screech 03-15-2022 02:20 PM

Jordan is about to go ALL IN with this and make Cody Hall his avatar.

Mr. Nerfect 03-15-2022 04:02 PM

The bad things I’ve heard about Cody Hall have all been personality related.

Jordan 03-15-2022 05:39 PM

It won't belong!

ron the dial 03-15-2022 06:09 PM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/526512bf...yedo1_400.gifv

Jordan 03-15-2022 06:13 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/7a...3debdfc05d.gif

Evil Vito 03-16-2022 08:47 AM

Joey Janela confirms that he will not be re-signing with AEW when his contract is up in May.

Joey's been a victim of AEW's success in a lot of ways - he was a big name indie guy when, outside of the top tier, that was what AEW had to offer. The number of big names and ex-WWE stars that they've been able to sign since means that he doesn't stand out as much, and while he could have a decent role as an undercard mook, it's not really playing to his strengths.

He has a really unique skillset in terms of putting together wild, modern hardcore indie matches with unlikely opponents - the matches he's had with the likes of Marty Jannetty and Ricky Morton have been brilliant. It would have been great to see him given a kind of "disrespectful youth" run in AEW to have those matches against legends, but he's likely better served continuing to do it on the indies.

XL 03-16-2022 10:31 AM

Maybe he can…Control His Narrative.

weather vane 03-16-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5532511)
Joey Janela confirms that he will not be re-signing with AEW when his contract is up in May.

Joey's been a victim of AEW's success in a lot of ways - he was a big name indie guy when, outside of the top tier, that was what AEW had to offer. The number of big names and ex-WWE stars that they've been able to sign since means that he doesn't stand out as much, and while he could have a decent role as an undercard mook, it's not really playing to his strengths.

He has a really unique skillset in terms of putting together wild, modern hardcore indie matches with unlikely opponents - the matches he's had with the likes of Marty Jannetty and Ricky Morton have been brilliant. It would have been great to see him given a kind of "disrespectful youth" run in AEW to have those matches against legends, but he's likely better served continuing to do it on the indies.

Yeah I would of liked that for him, would of gave him something interesting to do. Bring in some legends that can still go. He will be fine doing his own thing though.

xrodmuc316 03-16-2022 11:39 AM

Remember when AEW people used to brag about how they weren't just going to hire a bunch of WWE guys and they would be real selective?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

XL 03-16-2022 12:23 PM

They’ve hired (by my count) about 17 people from the over 100 personnel that were released in 2021-22.

fundiddle 03-16-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5532559)
Remember when AEW people used to brag about how they weren't just going to hire a bunch of WWE guys and they would be real selective?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i'm doing this for the poor rofl smiley, which has finally had enough of you

xrodmuc backwards is cumdorx, and it always will be!
:rofl:

Mr. Nerfect 03-16-2022 04:00 PM

Dave Meltzer’s going to bat for AEW again. In order to spread propaganda that this thing is growing, Dave has used a bunch of weird metrics.

* A 17% increase in PPV. Yeah, from horseshit to dogshit. Adding Danielson and Punk has gotten you 10k more buys globally or whatever. Their domestic numbers still pale in comparison to ECW’s domestic number running 6 PPVs a year with 24 WWF and WCW PPVs also flooding the market.

* Their rating is up year-to-year. Yeah, without NXT there splitting the wrestling audience.

* They just sold out the Forum! Quickest sellout in history! It’s their first time running the place in an age where people can buy tickets on their cellphone.

* First $1 million gate! Cool? You sellout a first-run venue and charge a lot for tickets this is doable.

Fuck this guy has gone off the deep end. If you like AEW…fine. I’ll accuse you of bad taste, but that’s allowed. That’s not enough though. We’ve got to distort, or flat-out lie, about how good it’s doing. Dave’s this close to creating fictional companies that never existed and comparing their numbers (set at 0) to AEW.

Mr. Nerfect 03-16-2022 04:22 PM

Lol, apparently this was in response to fans getting their backs up against Bischoff’s comments that they aren’t very good at telling stories (true). Someone posted a collage of their favorite AEW stories:

* Cody vs. MJF. If I recall, this was badly explained on TV. The Cody/Max relationship was brought up a couple of times, then MJF just randomly turned heel on Cody and they never touched again.

* Mox vs. Eddie Kingston. Yeah, nah. They went from being friends to enemies to friends again and now they don’t even interact. Wasn’t it based on “You used to be hardcore!” Cool.

* Page vs. Omega. Fucking shit. Page was a fucking loser, this derailed him, then they forced it down throats and even had to give Page time off to come back and get a big pop. Now he’s a flailing champion.

* MJF vs. Punk. Easily their best, but there are still flaws in it. MJF’s pretend face turn was placed in a weird position, and many people didn’t buy Punk falling for such an obvious ploy. Some feel it was too much blood. There are “issues” with this.

AEW’s ability to tell stories is one of their more overrated “qualities.” A lot of the time nothing happens, things are dropped or the context of a story is just weak. Look at everything Adam Cole has done since coming. Look at Danielson’s stuff. Punk’s stuff outside the MJF program has been, what? He bumps into Eddie Kingston? He gets attacked by someone and is mad?

They rely on tropes like anyone else who gets slammed. And it’s usually a big fuss for nothing. It’s not just Eric Bischoff that thinks this. Variety did an article where people enjoyed WWE’s storytelling a lot more (by quite a margin, if I recall). Sometimes you just have to accept something and admit your preference is subjective bias. And sometimes if you want to get better at telling stories, you’ve got to actually listen to and accept criticism, instead of just saying “No, we are awesome!” and making the same mistakes over and over.

weather vane 03-16-2022 05:25 PM

Hahahaha he is a cum dork too. Wow. Mind blown.

ron the dial 03-16-2022 05:27 PM

hey cum dork you gotta get cumdorx tattooed on your forehead like lars frederiksen's skunx tattoo

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dc/15...5d64481525.jpg

Fignuts 03-16-2022 05:43 PM

Wwe is better at telling stories when they do it right. The problem is at any given time, there is only one great storyline going at a time. Everything else is solid at best, but usually feels plastic, souless, and devoid of any emotion.

As good as WWE's stuff is when they really try, Id rather watch a show where every feud has some real heat to it, even if its flawed. Its more fun to me to watch someone try and fail rather than watch someone not try at all.