TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

Tom Guycott 01-15-2016 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Destroyer (Post 4756202)
Sasha and Rusev are both denying being injured so either the news is BS or WWE is desperate to cover it up.

SWERVE! WWE just begins reporting that EVERYONE on the roster is injured and will be out to obfuscate the actual injured parties!

#BROKEN Hasney 01-15-2016 05:50 AM

I watched Smackdown. Fuck me, I like Lawlers commentary. In 2016.

Droford 01-15-2016 06:06 AM

Should be because of Mauro Ranallo but i noticed last night he wasnt as good, like they told him stop being good

#BROKEN Hasney 01-15-2016 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4756794)
Should be because of Mauro Ranallo but i noticed last night he wasnt as good, like they told him stop being good

Oh no, I did at first tune in for him. Was just shocked that after about 13 years of wishing King would retire I actually liked him going back to his heel shtick.

Ruien 01-15-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 4756718)
<font color=goldenrod>#30 has been really weird the last couple of years. Ziggler got a really nice pop when he entered mainly because the smark crowd had turned on the match completely and Ziggler was one of the only guys left in the match that the crowd would have accepted winning.

But then in 2014 they sent poor Mysterio out there to get booed relentlessly. That spot almost HAD to go to a heel because the crowd was demanding Bryan. My personal favorite idea was to send out Barrett (who had JUST started his Bad News persona) with Bryan's music. He would have gotten nuclear heat and it would have been great.

In general though #30 should always be somebody who can at least plausibly win. Imagining the announcers trying to sell Stardust or somebody as a guy who can actually win just because he's coming out last would be ridiculous.</font>

They did that with X Pac one year. Was silly.

CSL 01-15-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 4756718)
<font color=goldenrod>My personal favorite idea was to send out Barrett (who had JUST started his Bad News persona) with Bryan's music. He would have gotten nuclear heat and it would have been great.</font>

this would have been one of my favourite wrestling moments of all time. Especially when reading afterwards from some blirts why it would have been the "wrong kind of heat"

Sepholio 01-15-2016 10:59 AM

Indeed. Barrett coming out to Bryans music would have made me shit bricks. I'm imaging it in my head right now and it is so epic that I might retcon it into my memory banks as what actually transpired that night.

Sepholio 01-15-2016 11:04 AM

I'm really starting to think that all the talk of pushing Strowman into the main event by WM is just hot air and always has been. I don't see it. I know Vince with his historic hard-on for big men probably has thought about it, but he has to see Strowman is way too green and he can't afford a big misstep with all the injuries right now. Not to mention he wants ratings and Strowman is not ratings material (right now anyways).

You would basically have to have Strowman eliminate Bray from the Rumble. Then they have to have a match at Fastlane in which Strowman goes over. But how does that even give them time to vault Strowman to anything near the ME?? At this point they have buried the Wyatts so much that a win over Bray wouldn't mean much. Do you throw Strowman at Undertaker? Bray couldn't beat you, but I beat him so I can? Hello, all 4 of you couldn't beat Taker/Kane, so where's the logic there? Or did Kane make that big of a difference? LMAO cmon. Bray is more likely to be in the ME than Strowman. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get Taker again tbh.

Simple Fan 01-15-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 4756840)
I know Vince with his historic hard-on for big men probably has thought about it, but he has to see Strowman is way too green and can't afford a big misstep with all the injuries right now. Not to mention he wants ratings and Strowman is not ratings material (right now anyways).

Hasnt stopped him with Roman. I really dont see the appeal of Strowman either. Hate his sleeper hold move to, people pass out like 3 seconds after he applies it and it looks weak. They dont take Wyatt serious enough though and thats a shame because that character has the most potintial on the roster.

Black Widow 01-15-2016 12:48 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/wwfprimetimenow

Brother just sent me this link pretty funny.

Volare 01-15-2016 01:50 PM

Holy hell those are gold!!

Big Vic 01-15-2016 02:03 PM

PrettyCool

Emperor Smeat 01-15-2016 04:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3P9covs.gif

thekrow 01-15-2016 05:07 PM

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...d6&oe=57058CE2

TOMORROW guys, make sure to tune into CHW carnage for this match!

Exyle 01-15-2016 08:32 PM

I was thinking today that if this year's Rumble is as disappointing as the last two, that'll be the trigger to unsubscribe from the Network. I was set on this; determined. Then I thought about Nakamura, Styles, and the Bullet Club being brought in, and I questioned that decision.

I wonder if that was intentional. You know? WWE gets those rumors out there so they can take another huge shit on the Rumble, but there's this carrot still dangling to keep people on the Network.

Damian Rey 01-15-2016 08:41 PM

I don't think they purposefully shit the bed the last two Rumbles. I honestly believe that Vince thought in his heart that Batista Orton was going to be a huge headline and that Reigns was ready to make the leap, even though clearly neither were the best ideas.

This year they've been cornered. It's not their fault that three would be main eventers are all out.

Emperor Smeat 01-15-2016 08:47 PM

Backlash from the investors and maybe possible legal issues wouldn't be worth the lying for the WWE.

Black Widow 01-15-2016 09:26 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7vVAKMV.jpg

Emperor Smeat 01-15-2016 10:13 PM

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random R-Truth gif:
https://38.media.tumblr.com/9dbc3c32...rt2en5_500.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWI
The 1/14 episode of Smackdown on The USA Network garnered 2,332,000 viewers, down from last week's audience of 2,757,000 viewers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411Mania
WWE went out an e-mail blast today advertising a match of Chris Jericho and Sheamus vs Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose for the Smackdown tapings in Dayton, Ohio. This will likely be a dark match. It’s been rumored that Jericho would feud with Dean Ambrose after the events of last year’s Night of Champion PPV.

Quote:

Last week’s season finale of Breaking Ground featured Tyler Breeze being called up to the main WWE roster, but by the time it aired Breeze had already been moved down the card. According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H legitimately wanted him protected and saw him as a heel on the level of Dolph Ziggler, which is why he feuded with him at the start. Vince McMahon was not convinced of this, and ended his push. He stripped down the character, putting less emphasis on his entrance and then not showing it on TV. Then they split him from Summer Rae with no build or programs leading out of the break up.
Some more details regarding Breeze and his dropped push.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Observer
On the MSL & Kevin Sullivan show on MLW Radio it was reported that Jim Ross is the new host of New Japan World Pro Wrestling Returns. At this time there is no finalized deal. The sides have talked for some time and it seems an obvious move for both if they can reach terms. Mauro Ranallo will be hosting the shows through late February. So, the new announce team, almost certainly including Josh Barnett, would start at that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEScoops
Just over an hour ago, there was a major development in one of the concussion-related lawsuits filed against WWE. Back on October 30th, WWE had requested a stay on discovery (document production) and it was granted on November 10th. Today, that all changed, as Judge Vanessa Bryant lifted the stay, granting limited discovery as it pertains to the claims of Vito Lograsso (Big Vito) and former developmental talent Evan Singleton. Besides the discovery being confined to Singleton and Lograsso’s claims and not the other lawsuits, the judge limited it to these questions:

(1) whether WWE had or should have had knowledge of and owed a duty to disclose to those plaintiffs the risks of long-term degenerative neurological conditions resulting from concussions or mild traumatic brain injuries to wrestlers who performed for WWE in the year 2005 or later,

(2) whether and when WWE may have breached that duty, and

(3) whether such a breach, if any, continued after Singleton and LoGrasso ceased performing for WWE.

While the scope of the discovery could change if pending the outcome of WWE’s motions to dismiss, this is a huge win for the wrestlers’ side and their lawyer, Konstantine Kyros. The complaints in the lawsuits have heavily pushed the idea that WWE, like the NFL, hid information about developments in concussion science from the talent. While no real proof of that has surfaced as of yet, if anything like that were to exist within WWE’s archives of internal communication, that would deal a huge blow to their defense. That’s a big “if,” though.

Same tactic used against the NFL that lead to them settling was used successfully against the WWE. For some reference, the head of WWE's medical is the same doctor that was involved in the NFL's concussion controversy. http://www.sescoops.com/significant-...g-against-wwe/

Quote:

Jimmy Snuka's murder trial has been postponed pending a decision on Snuka's competency to stand trial.

Quote:

WWNLive.com announced today a deal with the Flipps app for their iPPV shows to be available on smart TV's without additional software, plug-ins or wires. They have already done PPVs with New Japan, TNA and ROH. The first show on the deal will be 1/22 and will be airing all three nights of their Evolve tag team title tournament that weekend, as well as the 1/29 Shine (all-women's show).

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to MLW's Court Bauer, POP TV has recently reworked their tv deal with TNA which involves them paying some money to show Impact on the network and have at least 1 new TNA show to be made.
  • Based on recent NXT house show reports, WWE might be teasing at a possible Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens feud happening very soon.
  • City of Orlando's mayor recently confirmed they have made a bid to host next year's Wrestlemania. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...115-story.html

Lock Jaw 01-15-2016 10:19 PM

Zayn vs Owens would make a good Wrestlemania match. Too bad it would not be for a title. If only Owens had actually won the US title from Cena and kept it strong.

As for Tyler Breeze... yeah, just watched that last ep of Breaking Ground and was like "Well, congrats to graduating to not being featured on TV"

Tom Guycott 01-15-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ lee's (Post 4756967)

I wonder if "everyone" also includes Chris?

Seems like Alexandre is soon to be known as "The Man of 1004 Cumshots".

Hanso Amore 01-16-2016 05:23 AM

It's 5am and I'm watching paragon pro wrestling on MSG.

This is horrible yet i oddly find this better than tna

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2016 07:52 AM

Fandango and Tyler Breeze as a tag team. Book it.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2016 07:54 AM

Jerry Lawler should have always been a heel commentator. I hope 2016 is a glory year for him.

erickman 01-16-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4757029)
Jerry Lawler should have always been a heel commentator. I hope 2016 is a glory year for him.

yep he should have always been a heel just like the brain cole sucked as a heel and should have never hapened

Black Widow 01-16-2016 03:23 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUi_F84WEAEFRxR.jpg:large

In honor of the Batman anniversary that just passed.

Simple Fan 01-16-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4757021)
It's 5am and I'm watching paragon pro wrestling on MSG.

This is horrible yet i oddly find this better than tna

Watched them when they first came on Pop but forgot to record the series and forgot about them. Dont know if I get MSG or not.

Yeah I get it, set the series to record, next show is in 1/23.

Emperor Smeat 01-16-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Wrestling Observer Live that he’s heard that Hulk Hogan could be brought back to WWE in time for WrestleMania 32. Dave Meltzer mentioned on the same podcast that he wouldn’t rule out Hogan’s return however WWE isn’t going to rush to bring him back if there is a high risk of backlash.

PWInsider mentioned this week that WWE wouldn’t bring Hogan back until his lawsuit with Gawker is resolved. Hogan’s trial with Gawker is scheduled to begin near WrestleMania.
For some clarity Alvarez also mentioned the chance of Hogan actually appearing at Mania is very small. Both agreed that its up to WWE's advertisers to be ok with any future Hogan appearance regardless how much support Hogan still has with the public and within the WWE.

Simple Fan 01-16-2016 03:52 PM

Hogan vs New Day at WM

Lock Jaw 01-16-2016 03:57 PM

Hogan vs Reigns for the title with Hogan going over clean. Only way to save this Wrestlemania.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-16-2016 03:58 PM

Hogan cleanly jobs to prove he is not a racist anymore. Feel the powerrrrrrrrrr it's a new day yes it is (brother)

Savio 01-16-2016 05:33 PM

Wouldn't hogan get boo'd or maybe mixed reaction.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-16-2016 05:48 PM

How many "We The People" chants did Jack Swagger get when he was facing the face Del Rio? Wrestling fans are racist. Cheers brother. Nothing but cheers.

Savio 01-16-2016 06:34 PM

Its just a catch phrase, people would chant "die rocky die" and then say "If you smellllll" with him

Savio 01-16-2016 06:34 PM

But yeah a good portion are racist......WM32 is in Dallas too.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2016 06:44 PM

I actually once envisioned an angle where Hogan came back to suck up to New Day, but they kicked his ass to massive cheers. I can't see it happening though.

Evil Vito 01-16-2016 07:27 PM

<font color=goldenrod>I would take back everything bad I've said about WWE in the past year if they had New Day beat Hogan to a pulp. That would be fucking hilarious.</font>

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2016 08:53 PM

Vince Russo actually made a very good point in something I saw recently. It's about the babyface characters making promises and then breaking them. He cited Dean Ambrose promising to get his hands on Kevin Owens on RAW and then being nowhere near the main event.

Ambrose has been a big victim of this over the years. He's meant to be someone the average person can put their stock in, but he loses the big one too often. Right now he's carving out a niche as the Intercontinental Champion, which is fine and dandy and a good spot for him -- but his prospects as being a top guy on the comparative level of a modern Stone Cold Steve Austin were kind of dashed when he kept getting beaten by whoever he was facing.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2016 09:00 PM

I know we're likely to get a New Day four-way clusterfuck for the Tag Titles at WrestleMania, but I really want them to get a tag team story that matters for Mania. Maybe the answer is The Bullet Club? I don't know if you go with AJ Styles & Karl Anderson, AJ Styles & Finn Balor or Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows as the tag team, but any combination could be a pretty memorable Tag Team Title opener.

If The Wyatt Family have nothing to do, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing The New Day use their powers of positivity to do battle against The Reapers of the Dark either. The Wyatt Family might seem like "heavier" players, but The New Day are over.

Simple Fan 01-16-2016 09:25 PM

I like New Day vs the Wyatts if Bray is busy with another match. If Bray was to be in the match then I'd like to see Shelton Benjamin return and join New Day to even the odds.