TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gotham (Fox Mondays) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=126525)

VSG 10-05-2016 11:22 PM

Penguin/Riddler 2016

BigCrippyZ 10-07-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4867539)
I've been watching. Still love the show.

Agree. Think it's underrated. I feel like people who don't like it are just impatient or only watch for the Batman mythos or what they think the Batman mythos HAS to be. If you just enjoy it as a different telling of (mostly) the other characters in the Batman universe, it's really quite good.

KIRA 10-17-2016 09:24 PM

Penguin/Riddler BROMANCE CONFIRMED!

Hatter is creepy as fuck I love it

Oh shit @ that ending

Simple Fan 10-18-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4875284)
Penguin/Riddler BROMANCE CONFIRMED!

Hatter is creepy as fuck I love it

Oh shit @ that ending

I thought they were going to kiss, glad they didn't.

KIRA 10-18-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4875643)
I thought they were going to kiss, glad they didn't.

At that point I fully expected it

KIRA 10-19-2016 05:39 PM

I can't say about poison ivy her depiction is too disturbing

KIRA 10-25-2016 11:43 PM

Actual Oswald/Nygma love confirmed

Destor 10-26-2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4878967)
Actual Oswald/Nygma love confirmed

Theyre fucking?

Simple Fan 10-26-2016 12:20 AM

No. Oswald is in love with Edward and is trying to tell him how he feels but Edward has just found a new love interest in a woman that looks like the woman he killed.

KIRA 10-26-2016 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4878972)
No. Oswald is in love with Edward and is trying to tell him how he feels but Edward has just found a new love interest in a woman that looks like the woman he killed.

That bitch is gonna fuck everything up. :rant:

Simple Fan 10-26-2016 12:40 AM

I was actually kind of glad to see her. No way they were going all in with a relationship between the two and I don't mind Oswald having a crush on Ed. Oswald's going to kill her this time though.

KIRA 10-26-2016 05:55 AM

Also Damn jim I don't think there is ANYTHING you can say to Lee to make up fot what you did to her

Is Barns gonna be a heel?

KIRA 11-14-2016 05:26 PM

Barns is a Crazier Judge Dredd(they pretty much ripped that scene from DREDD)

At first I was surprised by what I thought was restraint coming from penguin only to be proven wrong.

Convinced Mario is or will be an Owl his jealousy is gonna eat him.

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 08:44 PM

Anyone still watching this?

Only two episodes left it looks like for the season.

screech 01-24-2017 09:25 PM

I am still in it to win it. Winter finale is next week.

Destor 01-24-2017 09:39 PM

So i dropped out on this (turd.) Are penguin and riddler fucking now or what?

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 10:17 PM

Still enjoying it screech? What are your thoughts on Jerome so far?

Simple Fan 01-24-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4917625)
So i dropped out on this (turd.) Are penguin and riddler fucking now or what?

No, Penguin had the woman that Riddler took a liking to killed and Ed found out. Now Ed is secretly planning g to takedown Oswald with Barbras help.

I'm really digging Barbra now. Couldn't stand her in the first season but she has become one if my favorite characters now.

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4917672)
No, Penguin had the woman that Riddler took a liking to killed and Ed found out. Now Ed is secretly planning g to takedown Oswald with Barbras help.

I'm really digging Barbra now. Couldn't stand her in the first season but she has become one if my favorite characters now.

Yeah. First season Barbara was just kinda meh, there, whatever. Now she's one of my faves.

What did you think of the scene with Bruce and Salina this week re: "You lied." "I didn't tell you the truth." ?

Thought it was great writing and acting even though it was obviously very foreshadowing and could've been very lame/gimmicky.

screech 01-24-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4917671)
Still enjoying it screech? What are your thoughts on Jerome so far?

Always a big fan of the character. I love that he has a cult following, and the actor plays it perfectly.

Simple Fan 01-24-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4917675)
Yeah. First season Barbara was just kinda meh, there, whatever. Now she's one of my faves.

What did you think of the scene with Bruce and Salina this week re: "You lied." "I didn't tell you the truth." ?

Thought it was great writing and acting even though it was obviously very foreshadowing and could've been very lame/gimmicky.

I like it and think they are doing a good job with their relationship. Felt like a argument grown Bruce would have with grown Salina.

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 4917678)
Always a big fan of the character. I love that he has a cult following, and the actor plays it perfectly.

He really does. Even more impressive that they're supposedly allowing to improv a ton and allegedly not telling him the details of who is character is going to become. Although I think it's HIGHLY unlikely, if they don't make Jerome into Joker they're making a huge mistake. The guy is just brilliant at what he's doing.

Simple Fan 01-24-2017 10:48 PM

I still don't think he will be the Joker. He does do a great job but I feel like he will be the basis and legend that the Joker is built on. Totally think Jim will kill him.

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4917680)
I like it and think they are doing a good job with their relationship. Felt like a argument grown Bruce would have with grown Salina.

Definitely. Like that they're treating both of them, especially Bruce, more like young adults now.

BigCrippyZ 01-24-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4917683)
I still don't think he will be the Joker. He does do a great job but I feel like he will be the basis and legend that the Joker is built on. Totally think Jim will kill him.

I'm still skeptical myself, but less so after this week and next weeks preview. It's getting (and might still get) more and more difficult to discount him as Joker. He's just done so many little things (and done them so well) that I think anyone else may be a let down. Plus, they've pretty much told (or started) every other villian's origin at this point and I'm wondering if they're concerned with being able to wrap it up in case of a sudden cancellation or non-renewal.

Sixx 02-01-2017 01:43 PM

i remember them saying that jerome won't be the joker, but you know, i'm starting to think it was total bullshit. even his voice now is total joker.

and foreshadowing - showing that joker card on the guards' table.

it would be retarded if they basically made a joker who's not a joker and then another joker shows up who actually is the joker.

how many identical characters can gotham have?

Ezra 06-10-2017 03:56 AM

Just watched the last 5 episodes of Gotham. Overall I thought it was fantastic and I am looking forward to the next season. Lots of little tidbit to look forward too. Guess the only nitpick is they really like bringing people back from the dead but it's a show about a comic so that's bound to happen.

Anyone else still watching?

Blue Demon 06-10-2017 09:24 AM

I've been following along and think Season 3 has been the best one of them all, and is pretty good now. I think the show found its stride.

Swiss Ultimate 06-10-2017 09:57 AM

If the show goes enough seasons will Bruce become Batman?

Blue Demon 06-10-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiss (Post 4977342)
If the show goes enough seasons will Bruce become Batman?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is intended to be all prequel. Bruce becoming Batman, they said, will be in the final frame of the final episode type of thing.

Ezra 06-10-2017 12:23 PM

If you watched the finale he has already made strides. Bigger than I thought we would see at this point anyways. As far as becoming Batman, without any time jumps, and if they stuck somewhat to the comics, Gotham would need to run 13 seasons to match up age wise. That is not going to happen since Gotham has moved and that usually is a bad sign.

The actor that plays Bruce Wayne is 16 in real life so I could see them jumping the gun in a year or two with him for some ratings ploy if needed. That or Bruce gets written off the show (along with the actor) for a season or two (with minor glimpses) as he travels the world for training.

Got to remember the show is about the rise of James Gordon and not Batman.

Harley Quinn is supposed to be in season 4 or at least some type of version of her. I've heard possible rumors of what might happen which would combine two characters.

Great season overall so I am hoping season 4 is just as good.

Sixx 06-10-2017 07:39 PM

Loved this season.

But fuck Lee Thompkins, they should write her off. Hope she stays outta Gotham.

(I like the acress, just think the character blows)

Sixx 06-10-2017 07:40 PM

Oh yeah, read somewhere there are/were plans to transform Lee Thompkins into Harley Quinn.

Ezra 06-10-2017 11:05 PM

Had not seen that but it makes more sense than Barbra.

Ruien 09-29-2017 03:52 PM

I have a few episodes left in season 3. No idea why anyone would be a police officer in Gotham. Or, well, why anyone in general would still live there.

Lock Jaw 09-29-2017 04:05 PM

Was waiting for season 3 to hit Netflix but for whatever reason it never did in Canada.....

Ruien 09-29-2017 05:44 PM

It just hit USA Netflix this week.

KIRA 09-30-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5021140)
I have a few episodes left in season 3. No idea why anyone would be a police officer in Gotham. Or, well, why anyone in general would still live there.

There was a video that talked about that and basically people walk around with the idea that it will never be them running into a supervillian.

Swiss Ultimate 10-01-2017 06:43 PM

I hate the Mad Hatter so much.

KIRA 10-01-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiss (Post 5021655)
I hate the Mad Hatter so much.

IKR that odd mix of annoying and terrifying