TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

Kalyx triaD 05-21-2014 11:57 PM

Can you call Lester?

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-22-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4434895)
Able to crush some of these missions solo on hard, but others are pretty much impossible without help. Just died doing one where you have to get cash from a crime scene. There's already a shit ton of cops there, and then when you start killing them you get choppers and back up coming at you from all angles.

I think that's Rooftop madness. 3 people quit on me so I just started throwing sticky bombs into the cops area. It blew up the money so I failed but I didn't die. Whooooo!

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-22-2014 01:23 AM

My car now has Daniel Bryan's song as a horn.

Fignuts 05-22-2014 02:12 AM

Nah, rooftop rumble is against a bunch of dudes in suits. Done it a bunch of times, as it pays over 18,000. Strangely no rooftops are involved.

Kalyx triaD 05-22-2014 02:25 AM

The first thing I did when I booted up was steal the first car I saw and I just randomly tricked it out.

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/...BWK5TA/0_0.jpg

Think I'll keep it.

Drakul 05-30-2014 05:48 PM

I'm not very fond of the new mental state mechanic. It's good as an idea but it's yet another form of restriction in a mode that already had too many restrictions.

We still have the ability to destroy player vehicles despite it having nothing but negative consequences for all involved. If we can enable passive mode for player characters, why not add it for cars? Either that or remove the negative consequences of destroying player vehicles.
To troll me, a guy kept blowing up my vehicle. Each time it cost me around $6000 to recover it. The people who are destroying player cars for fun or griefing don't care about the consequences. They're inconveniencing someone and costing them money. That's all they care about. Those who only destroy player vehicles for defence and bounties get punished for using a legitimate method of attack/defence as if they are being game ruining trolls.

To add the mental stat ontop of that is making the game gradually more suffocating. I can't wreck a players car but now, if I don't want to end up in a room full of psychos next time, I can't retaliate at all without getting some kind of negative warning. I also can't defend myself against cops now. Attacking innocent NPCs, I can understand raising your mental stat but defense and combat? No.
In a game about anarchy and freedom, R* seem to be working toward imposing a very narrow, controlled environment. Oddly letting us do things and immediately punishing us for it sometimes even punishing us for the actions of others, like my $12000 spent on recovering my car due to a troll. This pretty much sums up my GTA online sessions now:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BScKizU7DNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On a sidenote, I have recreated Warios car. Never use it because I have a $300,000 Turismo R that's infinitely more practical.

Oh and if you see clothing you like but haven't unlocked yet, go to the girl behind the cash register. You can buy whole outfits in one purchase rather than individual purchases and these include items currently locked to you. Despite buying it as part of an outfit, you can use each item seperately.

Drakul 05-30-2014 06:16 PM

Idea for the Mental state system:
3 colour system. White for neutral/passive, red for aggressive and blue for defensive. That way we know who the real dangers are, who wont take your crap and who wont react either way.
Problem solved, R*!

Fignuts 05-30-2014 06:31 PM

Killing NPC's, cops, and red dot players doesn't raise your state enough to really be concerned about it. Killing white dot players is what makes you go red fast.

Drakul 05-30-2014 06:54 PM

It seems to make no difference for me for some reason. I check my mental stat when the warning comes up and it's always the same amount added no matter who I just killed.

Emperor Smeat 06-09-2014 11:12 PM

PS4, Xbox One, and PC version arriving this Fall.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3DBrG2YjqQA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS4 version revealed to support save transfers from both the PS3 and Xbox 360 version. No mention if Xbox One will allow the same.

http://www.destructoid.com/grand-the...l-276309.phtml

Kalyx triaD 06-10-2014 12:21 AM

As suspected. Another reason that the jump to next gen is getting easier.

Drakul 06-10-2014 02:57 AM

Is it the same game with ever so slightly nicer graphics or is there more to it, like a bigger map, more vehicles etc?

Kalyx triaD 06-10-2014 01:25 PM

If I had to guess, it would come with all the DLC out the box. Perhaps some new vehicles will be added. Don't think new areas will be added. Heist will be ready by time of launch.

Drakul 06-10-2014 01:32 PM

Cool for someone that has a PS4 or XB1 and hasn't got GTAV.

Kalyx triaD 06-10-2014 01:43 PM

I have GTAV now and I'm still getting it when I get my own XB1.

Savio 06-13-2014 01:13 AM

people are hacking the ps3 version

DAMN iNATOR 06-13-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 4450485)
people are hacking the ps3 version

"R* won't notice. They're too busy working on the PS4 & XBOX One versions now, lol."

Like 99.73% sure that was the reasoning. That and some probably think they can't possibly be caught or banned. :roll:

Drakul 06-13-2014 03:03 AM

What kind f hacking? Invincible, invisible or super fast movement?

Savio 06-13-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 4450539)
What kind f hacking? Invincible, invisible or super fast movement?

The First 2 that I can tell.

Savio 06-13-2014 12:47 PM

Tommy Junn

Drakul 06-13-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 4450765)
The First 2 that I can tell.

You can report them directly to R* while online.

Sepholio 06-13-2014 02:02 PM

Now wheres my ps4 red dead remake!?!?!

Savio 06-13-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 4450818)
You can report them directly to R* while online.

I reported them in game is there another way?

drave 06-13-2014 02:25 PM

I hope they have a demo. I have the 360 version and the trailer for next gen looks amazing. Would still like to play it to "feel" the difference to determine if it is worth the $$$

Drakul 06-13-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 4450844)
I reports them in game is there another way?

You can report them ingame to R* and outside the game from the dashboard of the 360 or whatever the PS3 equivalent is.

DAMN iNATOR 06-13-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 4450838)
Now wheres my ps4 red dead remake!?!?!

At this point, they're better served just starting to develop the sequel. Yes, R.D.R. was fun and there were tons of side-quests and mini-games and other things to do and places to explore. Hell, even Undead Nightmare DLC was awesome.

The fact is it's now been 4+ years since it released, and almost 3 since the last bit of DLC. Time to give the fans what they REALLY want: a sequel, perhaps with John's son, Jack as the protagonist. Would make sense from a story standpoint after the conclusion of R.D.R.

Kalyx triaD 06-13-2014 08:16 PM

I can't imagine what a next-gen Red Dead would be like. Just insane.

Disturbed316 06-13-2014 11:24 PM

The open world desert would be incredible.

DAMN iNATOR 06-14-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4451039)
I can't imagine what a next-gen Red Dead would be like. Just insane.

I know, right? I can just hear minds around the world being blown away...

DAMN iNATOR 06-14-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 4451258)
I'd love another Red Dead. Not sure about a port of the last one though.

I can't speak personally for Kalyx but I think he meant a sequel.

Kalyx triaD 06-14-2014 04:15 PM

Oh yeah definitely a sequel. Don't get me wrong I think a next-gen port of Red Dead Redemption would probably still be way more playable then new stuff out now, but at this point people would probably expect a new Red Dead. Maybe something that dives a bit more south east, closer to Django Unchained's setting.

JimmyMess 06-16-2014 02:19 PM

I'd love a new Red Dead. Some more adventures of John Marston (prior to Redemption, obv.) Because I loved the character.

Drakul 06-17-2014 09:51 AM

A new update is out for GTA Online. It's called " I am not a hipster" and comes with new clothing, hair, make-up, tattoos, weapons, masks and jobs.

I like the new clothing but I'm not sure why they added 1950's housewife dresses in a hipster update.

One of the new tats looks very close to being a triforce.

The new melee weapon is a pirate style dagger.

Drakul 06-17-2014 09:56 AM

I'm not going to get preachy but what is with the transphobia running through the game? It's insane.

The NPCs outside the Cockatoo nightclub and their dialogue/appearance/AI behaviour and the comments other NPCs say to them "You ain't what I thought you was!", the blurb on the Fame or Shame website, the sign on a gay club and the way my online character was insulted as she walked infront of a car "You look like a tranny!". There are other things too.

It's so prevalent, it must have been intentional.

OssMan 06-17-2014 10:13 AM

the GTA world is a gross exaggeration of real (american) life

those are things that people would think/say in real life, also that's a lot funnier than having people be politically correct

Drakul 06-17-2014 11:18 AM

Some people are sensitive to this stuff. For example, while I am not offended by the small scale joke UPS parody called Post-op, some are. If it was just the UPS parody and some other small thing like that, it might not be a problem but it's bigger and too prevalent to just be a little joke.
It reminds me of the Family Guy episode about Quagmires dad. It quickly went from the usual FG humour to straight out transphobia.

Anytime anyone brings up the transphobia, the reply is always "It's a joke". Would it be a joke if it was racism? If my character was insulted by someone yelling "You look like a n*gger!" or if, instead of mustachiod men in dresses, there was a club where a dozen black guys with bones through their noses where hanging around because both are outdated, narrow minded "comical" stereotypes of their groups. Of course not. It would be considered racist, insensitive and disgusting even by GTA standards and rightfully so.

Trans people are always portrayed negatively and anytime this is brought up, it's quickly shot down and we're told to deal with it. Considering transpeople risk abuse and even rape and murder in their daily lives just for being trans (yes, really), we'd appreciate it if we weren't the only section of decent society that was allowed to be mocked and blatantly insulted. Games, movies and tv really do not help.

Drakul 06-17-2014 11:19 AM

On a lighter note, every female player character online is pre-op trans.

RoXer 06-17-2014 12:47 PM

There were a lot of groups targeted and always have been in GTA games. Hipsters, slackers, vain socialites. Racists were made fun of in this one by having illegal immigrants as racist hick minute-men who track down illegal immigrants. "Satire" has always been a part of the game. And as far as I can recall, no one is safe. After 5+ of these I think everyone has been targeted and poked fun at in one way or another.

RoXer 06-17-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 4453470)
If my character was insulted by someone yelling "You look like a n*gger!"

I honestly think this actually was in a previous version of this game. Or at least some sort of racial discrimination.

Drakul 06-17-2014 01:46 PM

Satirising a fashion style like hipster, goth etc isn't the same as satirising a race or group of people.

I've no problem with a cheeky trans joke here and there, like the UPS truck. I'm not looking for invincibility for trans people. It's the way GTA V seems to be excessive in it's jokes about transpeople that's a little worrying.

I think the race thing you are thinking of is the Haitian mission in Vice City. The mission giver said "Kill all the Haitians!" which caused an uproar in the papers.