TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WWE 2k18 (PS4/XB1/Switch and PC eventually most likely) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133618)

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-26-2017 04:24 AM

Cashed in on Samoa Joe won and handed the title. Next night I'm not champ.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-26-2017 05:09 AM

1st year MyCareer or after?

What's supposed to happen 1st year is your tag team partner (or whoever the game decides is your tag team partner at that time) interferes after you cash in to cost you in a cutscene and the match doesn't happen, so you don't win the belt. That happened to me (with yet another wrong tag partner), but it seems like it doesn't trigger for everyone for whatever reason.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-26-2017 05:38 AM

First year. The Authority suspended me for attacking Samoa Joe after he hit me with a bat to end a match.

Then I was like I can cash in any time even if I'm suspended. Won the match and was declared the champion. Handed the title and on Raw after Joe was still Universal and I was still IC.

Evil Vito 10-26-2017 08:59 AM

I have a feeling that just like 2k17 I won't spend one second in MyCareer.

Evil Vito 10-28-2017 01:28 AM

The music, trons, entrance and victory motions for Elias, Drew, Black, Ruby, and Lars were added into the game with the most recent patch. That would seem to suggest the DLC will drop fairly soon.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-28-2017 01:57 AM

Might just do give the great CAWs of them the real music. Easier to upload music and video than a character.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-29-2017 12:18 AM

Eliminated 29 in the Royal Rumble for the Rock to come out and illegally enter and "win" it.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-29-2017 12:19 AM

Won the Universal title later on and defended at WrestleMania. Achievement unlocked.

Gerard 10-30-2017 03:11 PM

Online for this on pc is pretty much dead already, seem to get the same few people over and over, last night i played the 1 guy 3 times in a row and every game he quit out when he knew he was beaten.

One other guy who has a character called "blue azis" is the most obvious cheater I've ever seen, no-matter what you do to this guy his character takes no damage, hit him with specials, finishers etc and his character health never seems to change. Not to mention the convenient "incidental lag" that magically occurs every time he's vulnerable which seems to give him a chance to hit a reversal.

Not even sure why they bother with an online component as its playerbase is non existent.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-30-2017 03:16 PM

I'm not sure it's the playerbase, but the matchmaking is pretty broken. Even on PS4, during the PPV and seeing people streaming waiting for a match, it was taking 2 hours to find a match for everyone and quite often you just connected to the same person twice.

Evil Vito 10-30-2017 03:25 PM

I think I've played less than 10 matches online throughout the entirety of my WWE games "career" with people I didn't know. Just too much bullshit.

I remember once doing an Elimination Chamber and I was going to enter last. But 3 people in the match were teaming up and they'd taken out the other 2 dudes. So all 3 of them were standing right outside my chamber, taunting and racking up multiple specials. Took like 6 finishers the second I got out of the chamber and that was that. Lame.

Gerard 10-30-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5034811)
I'm not sure it's the playerbase, but the matchmaking is pretty broken. Even on PS4, during the PPV and seeing people streaming waiting for a match, it was taking 2 hours to find a match for everyone and quite often you just connected to the same person twice.

It's pretty shit, every iteration of this game on pc all I've ever been able to play is 1-1 matches, trying to find even 2 opponents for a triple threat takes forever and I've never actually been able to make it happen. Hate to see what a 4 player would take, probably day or 2.

Fignuts 10-30-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 5034810)
Online for this on pc is pretty much dead already, seem to get the same few people over and over, last night i played the 1 guy 3 times in a row and every game he quit out when he knew he was beaten.

One other guy who has a character called "blue azis" is the most obvious cheater I've ever seen, no-matter what you do to this guy his character takes no damage, hit him with specials, finishers etc and his character health never seems to change. Not to mention the convenient "incidental lag" that magically occurs every time he's vulnerable which seems to give him a chance to hit a reversal.

Not even sure why they bother with an online component as its playerbase is non existent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5034811)

Most people on PC are actually playing firepro, apparently. According to steamspy, FPW's sales more than double that of WWE 2k so far. Might also be a lot of people waiting til black Friday to pick it up on the cheap.

DAMN iNATOR 10-30-2017 08:58 PM

They were supposed to have addressed the long matchmaking wait time stuff on PS4 in patch 1.03.

Destor 10-31-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5034865)
Most people on PC are actually playing firepro, apparently. According to steamspy, FPW's sales more than double that of WWE 2k so far. Might also be a lot of people waiting til black Friday to pick it up on the cheap.

More of a console game though tbf.

DAMN iNATOR 10-31-2017 12:32 AM

LOL 100 �� to "qualify" for "qualifying" phase 2 for the Survivor Series event. I'm assuming qualifying phase 2 will be another "Do 3 out of 5 of the following tasks", which then means you get to fight in the "main event match". Would be great if we can still do the main match over and over again to grind XP.

Fignuts 10-31-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5035365)
More of a console game though tbf.

Of course, but the PC sales can't be helped by finally having an alternative.

DAMN iNATOR 11-02-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5035386)
Of course, but the PC sales can't be helped by finally having an alternative.

Be that as it may, the RtG mode is so awesome...you can go and have some seriously epic matches.

One guy I fought tonight for probably around 20-25 minutes, and despite falling just short, got a 5 * rating. Another guy, I lasted until my torso had sustained gray damage, and not just like, I got immediately pinned after my torso went gray, but for like 5, maybe 10 minutes like that and red head damage to boot.

Seriously. If you give it a shot, you'll see the vast majority of online opponents are legit.

Also, History's Greatest, Mr. E., has now qualified for Survivor Series. I secretly want the "main event" to be an 8-man (4 v. 4 ONLY) elimination tag match.

A.J.K 11-03-2017 10:10 AM

Anyone here really good with the face photo import?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-03-2017 05:50 PM

WWE2k18 Punching dummy Sawyer Fulton (rated 69) has been released from the WWE. Thank you Sawyer for all of the achievements I won beating you.

DAMN iNATOR 11-03-2017 11:09 PM

Defeated AJ @ WM to win the WWE Championship. Now time for Mr. E., K.O. and Mojo Rawley to take over SmackDown! LIVE.

DAMN iNATOR 11-07-2017 02:06 AM

Patch 1.04 notes.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-07-2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5038788)

ctrl+F "career": 0 results.

Bahahahaha they really give 0 fucks.

Evil Vito 11-07-2017 10:05 AM

The patch made the entrances/music/titan trons for the NXT DLC unselectable once again, but CAWs who had that stuff assigned to them before the most recent patch will still use it. They even fixed Elias' tron to be his main roster tron (the initial one said Elias Samson).

Speaking of Elias, the soon to be DLC version of him has also been spotted in Career mode.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2K18 botched and I didn't even notice... ELIAS ISN'T OUT YET (he's in the NXT pack) <a href="https://t.co/cNM5RJD2wc">pic.twitter.com/cNM5RJD2wc</a></p>&mdash; Attack Slug (@attackslug) <a href="https://twitter.com/attackslug/status/926043572813664256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2017 12:19 AM

Maybe they will add a Smackdown TV show movie intro next patch?

#BROKEN Hasney 11-12-2017 04:08 AM

Don't be silly

A.J.K 11-12-2017 06:36 PM

Anyone choose any odd tag champ pairings?

Like Kane and Bushwacker luke or Lex Luger and Christian?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2017 07:45 PM

I was teamed with Kane to face Breezango.

DAMN iNATOR 11-12-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5041312)
I was teamed with Kane to face Breezango.

Are the Brothers of Correction the tag champs yet?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2017 11:36 PM

i'm in like 2020 and the champs are the Bar and the Usos like they are right now.

A.J.K 11-13-2017 06:31 PM

Week 3 May RAW 2019, Teaming up with Mark Henry against Gallows and Anderson.

Gerard 11-14-2017 11:58 AM

This turd is pretty much unplayable online now, theres so few players that anytime i get a game i get playing with some cunt with circa 1995 internet connection, which for some fucked up reason works in his favour. Reversing them is near impossible and the game seems to make your character do random actions instead of what you're trying to do, i.e: i go to pose and suddenly my character tries to pick the opponent up from the mat, i run and try and hit a punch and my character doesn't bother trying to do a punch but would just prefer to bounce around the ropes for half an hour.

Not to mention the insane input lag, i press a direction and a second later my character responds to it, how in the fuck do the retards that make these game not see that as a serious issue? The games literally a button mashing competition and fuck all else. Apparently matching you to a player with a low latency isn't an option and they would rather connect you to some prick in the arsehole of nowhere who connects via smoke signals.

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-14-2017 01:49 PM

Have had very little issues with Road to Glory online matches.

Shisen Kopf 11-14-2017 02:54 PM

HOW'S THE CAW ON THIS GAME? I WANNA MAKE THE ODDITIES. ALSO,,,ANY GOOD SOUTH PARK RASSLER PAGES?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-15-2017 02:23 PM

Enzo goes down and I win some sort of space helmet. wot

XL 11-16-2017 03:13 PM

Can get this for £33 ($43). Worth it?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-17-2017 12:04 AM

I'd wait. Do they have black friday there?

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-17-2017 12:04 AM

Corbin goes down and I win a randy orton viper helmet? wtf.

DAMN iNATOR 11-17-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5043315)
Corbin goes down and I win a randy orton viper helmet? wtf.

IKR? Wish I didn't have to wait to qualify to fight Brock and(/or) AJ.

XL 11-17-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5043314)
I'd wait. Do they have black friday there?

They do but a lot of places stretch it over a week (to avoid people fighting over Flat Screen Televisions). I don’t think 17 went any cheaper than £33 though. They used to drop to £20 a couple of years ago.