TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE RAW Weekly Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137664)

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-28-2022 12:24 PM

I gotta admit I'm popping for Fignuts being a badass submission machine in this thread.

drave 04-28-2022 12:54 PM

She was 100% turning up her heel work toward the end. Started with the "No one is ready for Asuka!" stuff, and evolved into her just being a bitch to everyone, but backing it up.

Charlotte shouldn't have went over her at Mania in the same way Cena shouldn't have went over Rusev.

Fignuts 04-28-2022 01:04 PM

Actually, I disagree there. Charlotte was always planned to be their top female talent and as such, she was the best choice to end the streak. I only wish they gave the match a few more minutes.

drave 04-28-2022 01:04 PM

Blah.

I'm bored of her.

Fignuts 04-28-2022 01:07 PM

I think she deserves the spot shes in, and she should be one of the more dominant females on the roster, but they absolutely pushed too hard too often and its led to many having the same opinion as you. Understandable.

Fignuts 04-28-2022 01:10 PM

Also, hindsight is 20/20, but Asuka's return here would have had a lot more impact if Becky never got that win over her, and she remained the one person that becky couldnt beat.

Mr. Nerfect 04-28-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544579)
I will not accept bad wrestling just because it (maybe?) expands the fanbase by appealing to invalid space cadets.

I could maybe understand if it was a struggling promotion trying to gain new viewers any way they can. But WWE is a billion dollar coporation, and Asuka changing from the terminator into Daffy Duck is not going to increase their bottom line. Its just going to make me more miserable when trying to watch this shit.

That’s my AEW argument. Except they’re fledgling, so it makes me even madder.

You’ve generally got good taste, but they’ve got a choice between making you miserable and making a whole bunch of other people miserable. They see the plurality of the others as being more important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544581)
I think they addressed that pretty well in NXT. Deep into her run there, they changed things up and had her acting cocky and arrogant , and heeling it up more. Definitely boosted the longevity of the streak angle.

That’s when she lost me. Asuka was fun in the beginning but it got fucking boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 5544594)
She was 100% turning up her heel work toward the end. Started with the "No one is ready for Asuka!" stuff, and evolved into her just being a bitch to everyone, but backing it up.

Charlotte shouldn't have went over her at Mania in the same way Cena shouldn't have went over Rusev.

Charlotte should have beaten Asuka and Cena should have beaten Rusev.

Mr. Nerfect 04-28-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544600)
Also, hindsight is 20/20, but Asuka's return here would have had a lot more impact if Becky never got that win over her, and she remained the one person that becky couldnt beat.

I agree that they shouldn’t have given Becky a win against Asuka yet. But it’s not really important. They’re two talented women fighting for…reasons. It’s head and shoulders above any other women’s division out there. Who is going to hold a candle to them?

Fignuts 04-28-2022 01:17 PM

Yeah, i think I agree on cena/rusev. Not everything has to be built up to put some up and comer over. Sometimes you can just tell a good story. And the top babyface of the decade stepping up to take down rusev for MERICA' at the biggest stage of all is a pretty great story.

Plus it led to Cena's open challenge which was awesome. The problem was the complete and utter incompetence of how rusev was booked afterwards. They easily could have kept him strong until summerslam where he could win it back from cena. That would have been my plan.

Fignuts 04-28-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5544602)
I agree that they shouldn’t have given Becky a win against Asuka yet. But it’s not really important. They’re two talented women fighting for…reasons. It’s head and shoulders above any other women’s division out there. Who is going to hold a candle to them?

Yeah its not a big deal, and they couldnt have known back then theyd be here now. I just think it would have been Prettycool.

drave 04-28-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544603)
Yeah, i think I agree on cena/rusev. Not everything has to be built up to put some up and comer over. Sometimes you can just tell a good story. And the top babyface of the decade stepping up to take down rusev for MERICA' at the biggest stage of all is a pretty great story.

Plus it led to Cena's open challenge which was awesome. The problem was the complete and utter incompetence of how rusev was booked afterwards. They easily could have kept him strong until summerslam where he could win it back from cena. That would have been my plan.

That was the issue. Agree with everything here.

#1-norm-fan 04-28-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544596)
Actually, I disagree there. Charlotte was always planned to be their top female talent and as such, she was the best choice to end the streak. I only wish they gave the match a few more minutes.

It may have also been better if Charlotte didn’t follow up ending Asuka’s streak by jobbing clean to fucking Carmella. Lol

The lack of foresight in that decision is staggering.

XL 04-28-2022 01:45 PM

Yeah, it’s always the follow up they seem to fumble.

XL 04-28-2022 01:46 PM

Most people - myself included - won’t remember that Becky beat Asuka.

Mr. Nerfect 04-28-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544603)

Yeah, going the three shouldn’t have happened. Cena should have won then Rusev could have gone on a tear elsewhere. I don’t know if I would have put the US Title back on him. Once Cena won it, I was pretty set on Samoa Joe being the guy to come in and do it.

screech 04-28-2022 04:04 PM

lol Charlotte lost to Carmella twice in a row if I remember correctly

Fignuts 04-28-2022 04:07 PM

So bad.

drave 04-28-2022 04:18 PM

:|

why would they do that. i mean, im bored of her, but she's pretty damn good. she musta turned down Mistah V

#1-norm-fan 04-28-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 5544669)
lol Charlotte lost to Carmella twice in a row if I remember correctly

Yeah. First time was Carmella cashing in MITB on her just days after she ended Asuka’s streak at WrestleMania. That was dumb enough. Then they had a rematch that Carmella won clean. FUCKING CLEAN. lol

That’s gotta rank pretty high on the list of all-time boneheaded booking decisions.

screech 04-28-2022 06:13 PM

Just saw the asuka segment and I agree with fignuts

Lock Jaw 04-28-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5544547)
You keep saying that. What are you even talking about? Asuka has been at 11 the whole time. Shes oozed charisma and swagger since her debut match. None of that has ever changed. The difference is they replaced her edge with dancing little jigs and spouting english phrases because she thinks theyre funny. Thats not "dialing it up to 11". Thats random bullshit. And yes, its good to have a break from more serious characters, but that should be reserved for people who need that kind of behavior to get over and cant pull off a serious persona. Not someone whos fucking great at it.

Do you have any proof that this change has generated new fan interest in Asuka? And who is this wider audience that whacky Asuka appeals to? Because if theres anyone who became huge asuka fans after the shift in tone, I feel like they could have gained their viewership just as easily by jangling a set of keys in front of the camera.

She has had the swagger since the debut, yeah... but it has been dialed up to the extreme. That includes the little dances, which she always did, but again... just been turned way up.

I dunno about spouting random English phrases, maybe I haven't seen enough... all I've heard her say in English is her usual "Nobody is ready for Asuka" thing.

I can't possibly have proof as to new fan interest, but after pretty much ruining her after her debut and killing a lot of interest in her.... it took this pandemic and her dialing up the swagger to get people invested in her again. Could they have got people invested by just booking her strong again and not dialing up the swag? Yeah, probably. Both ways are good, I'm just happy she's around and there's another "top female star" to be had.

Mr. Nerfect 04-28-2022 07:25 PM

Remember when Brazzers made a reference to being ready for Asuka and she liked it?

Fignuts 04-29-2022 12:41 AM

lol what?

Lock Jaw 04-29-2022 12:43 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy birthday <a href="https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WWEAsuka</a> WE’RE READY ��</p>&mdash; Brazzers (@Brazzers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Brazzers/status/1177384927307948033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

XL 04-29-2022 12:28 PM

What’s Brazzers? :shifty:

drave 04-29-2022 12:32 PM

Think the IIConics are signing up in the coming years.

Mr. Nerfect 05-01-2022 02:02 PM

They’re so close to it.

xrodmuc316 05-02-2022 08:04 PM

Starting off Raw right!

drave 05-03-2022 08:15 AM

:O

No one said anything about RAW. Is this a TPWW 1st?

drave 05-03-2022 08:16 AM

RIP Wrestling Forum

#ShutItDownAAA

- F. Drebin, Esq.

erickman 05-03-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 5545853)
RIP Wrestling Forum

#ShutItDownAAA

- F. Drebin, Esq.

trips will make this a aew site

Loose Cannon 05-03-2022 10:37 AM

didn't watch Raw, but saw Finn and AJ did the 2 sweet about 6 years too late lol.

Finn is definitely turning on AJ and joining Edge though

drave 05-03-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5545879)
trips will make this a aew site

Trips only facilitates the hosting of this site.

THE PEOPLE (TP in WW) dictate what gets discussed. As it so happens, RAW was so stupendous, there was a comment about it being on.

#1-norm-fan 05-03-2022 05:50 PM

If you don’t count the 3rd hour though, it’s one-third less sad.

screech 05-04-2022 09:02 AM

Watched this yesterday. Ezekiel looked hilariously out of place standing with The Street Profits lol

puroresu fan 05-04-2022 12:35 PM

The go home show was a step up.

People are finding reasons to complain but it had something for everyone. I'm eager to see what they do with Piper and Nikki. With Rhodes on RAW, it would be interesting to see a temporary alliance between former Bullet Club members.

Must losing wasn't a bad thing. The odds were stacked against him and if he had snuck a roll up victory, people would have another reason to complain. Why is the champion losing?

XL 05-04-2022 04:37 PM

Spoiler warning.

Doudrop & Nikki form a tag team based mostly on being Scottish. They go on a tear, win the womens tag belts, lose them, and have a feud.

XL 05-04-2022 04:37 PM

Or Doudrop becomes the Rosey to Nikki’s Hurricane.

XL 05-04-2022 04:39 PM

Either way, as long as they do a rendition of The Procliaimers “I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)” we’ll all be happy.

Mr. Nerfect 05-06-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5546372)
Spoiler warning.

Doudrop & Nikki form a tag team based mostly on being Scottish. They go on a tear, win the womens tag belts, lose them, and have a feud.

If they stick around, that’s a fair bet. Or they’ll split without feuding. Neither seems high profile enough to really justify that much airtime. Honestly, I can see both being released in the next wave of talent cuts.