TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109225)

#BROKEN Hasney 03-05-2012 02:01 PM

Disc swapping on the 360 is a bummer though. It's like all side-quests on disc 2, disc 1 for main quest.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-05-2012 02:04 PM

Also, I played the last 2 games full renegade, I'm finding it hard to do a lot of the renegade choices in this one because they're too evil instead of just being a hard-ass.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-05-2012 03:08 PM

8th disc swap #bothdiscsarefuckinginstalled

LoDownM 03-05-2012 03:38 PM

Really? After you do the first 4 or so main story missions you shouldn't have to anymore. Didn't switch discs at all yesterday, and I played for like 5 hours.

Verbose Minch 03-05-2012 07:46 PM

I get to meet Mark Meer tonight (Voice actor for Shepard).

BigDaddyCool 03-05-2012 07:57 PM

So who is going to be a gay Shepard?

Gonzo 03-05-2012 10:01 PM

PC ftw

Swiss Ultimate 03-05-2012 10:46 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG2mdZ23eP8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG2mdZ23eP8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3787615)
Don't worry, DttS. The game is good. It's just, well we can talk about that later. Don't wanna spoil anything in anyway for anyone.

Will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3787656)
Also, I played the last 2 games full renegade, I'm finding it hard to do a lot of the renegade choices in this one because they're too evil instead of just being a hard-ass.

I played in the middle the first time, then tried and eventually achieved full paragon. Sucks they turn his renegade into a psychopath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 3787896)

...hmmm...can we screw salarians?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 3788193)
PC ftw

I dunno...really love my controller.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-06-2012 01:58 AM

Less psychopath, more racist on the renegade path unfortunately.

LoDownM 03-06-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 3787896)

My female Shepard has been a lesbian since the first game, does that count?

Gonzo 03-06-2012 03:54 AM

Initial thoughts on the mechanics/dynamics, spoilered in case:

SPOILER: show

- Combat seems improved. Weapon modifications seem like they will allow you to cater to your own specific play style.

- Space exploration is a stark contrast from previous ME titles. The new concept of amassing war assets etc. looks promising. Should be refreshing rather than a continuation of, let's face it, mundane space exploration. Seems appropriate from a story perspective.

D Mac 03-06-2012 06:51 AM

Got it. Love it.

RoXer 03-06-2012 11:26 AM

If for some reason you forgot to pick this up, it's $49 on newegg this week with the promo code EMCNGND89 and it comes with free shipping.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-06-2012 01:24 PM

Heart actually racing during a mission there. Holy shit.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-06-2012 02:32 PM

Oh gosh, Garrus maybe my favourite character in anything ever now.

D Mac 03-06-2012 02:35 PM

Yeah Garrus is an alien you wanna hang with.

D Mac 03-06-2012 02:40 PM

This game IS better with Kinect. I have to put the sensor closer to me and shout a little louder but it's awesome not having to bring up the wheel every time you want to issue commands or use a power yourself.

Hanso Amore 03-06-2012 06:23 PM

Game is in route to my house via mail, will have it in 2 days.

I was the asshole whos hard drive died and lost all my data.

Can someone who has this create a new chracter from scratch and give me an idea of what kind of Shepard I am going to be rolling with?

LoDownM 03-06-2012 07:12 PM

Now that I've seen the Prothean character and the stuff he tells you about from when his people fought the reapers. I'm kinda pissed he's DLC. Gives to much info on the reapers to be DLC and not in the game by default.

Gonzo 03-06-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3790287)

Can someone who has this create a new chracter from scratch and give me an idea of what kind of Shepard I am going to be rolling with?

Saves you can download for ME 1 or 2:

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Or, I can email you mine (if they're small enough.) I have a perfect paragon save and a perfect renegade save (minus Legion because I gave him to Cerberus.)

I can't speak to your question but this should help you find a save that was comparable to your decisions from the previous two games.

LoDownM 03-06-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3790287)

You get to pick weather or not Ashley, Kaidan, or numerous party members died. That's all you can do from the character creation.

Emperor Smeat 03-06-2012 08:40 PM

Wouldn't be a Bioware game unless something went wrong but the studio is working on fixing the import Sheppard feature that has been giving problems to almost everyone.

Apparently you can't just import straight from Mass Effect 1 nor from Mass Effect 2 and if you didn't make any changes or use the demo to update your character, it wouldn't be importable to Mass Effect 3.
http://kotaku.com/5890992/bioware-sa...-import-errors

Also confirmed is cloud saves from Mass Effect 2 are not compatible with Mass Effect 3. This one probably won't be fixed any time soon or even at all.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ves-from-cloud

Gonzo 03-06-2012 10:38 PM

Works fine on PC.

Verbose Minch 03-06-2012 10:41 PM

I have the import problem. It's horrible and I hope they fix it soon, I won't be playing ME3 till it's fixed.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 3790447)
Works fine on PC.

It doesn't for everyone.

Gonzo 03-07-2012 02:50 AM

:-\

The article doesn't specifically mention PC users so I just assumed it was a problem with the console ports.

That's a huge bummer though. I really wouldn't want to play without importing.

D Mac 03-07-2012 04:20 AM

I imported my character fine all I had to change was the face which I use the default Shepard anyway and my class. All my decisions stood and even the right crew members that died stayed dead.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2012 04:28 AM

Looks like Iop went to get the game

http://i.imgur.com/Fvblv.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2012 01:31 PM

People with actual dialogue are dying and has a lot more effect than random child death. Fuck that stupid kid, I hope he's in hell.

Gonzo 03-07-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3790753)
People with actual dialogue are dying and has a lot more effect than random child death. Fuck that stupid kid, I hope he's in hell.

I think it's good how some of your previous companions die. Really pulls you in. Especially the circumstances that they die in.

LoDownM 03-07-2012 01:59 PM

Big spoilers here. Do not read if you aren't past Tuchanka.

Hate that they killed off Mordin :'(

Gonzo 03-07-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3790767)
Big spoilers here. Do not read if you aren't past Tuchanka.

Hate that they killed off Mordin :'(

It sucked but I think it fits well into the story. Kind of embodies the whole "making sacrifices" thing for the greater good.

Swiss Ultimate 03-07-2012 03:06 PM

I read spoilers. Should be getting the game delivered today or tomorrow. Anyways, Mordin only has a few years left before he dies anyways...love him so much though. I have to wonder if any of this is decision-tree related. Like...maybe Mordin will survive for some of us????

Swiss Ultimate 03-07-2012 03:13 PM

It's here, it's queer and it's going to take up the majority of my time for the next few days.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2012 05:06 PM

Holy shit

Only read this if you supported the Geth unless you don't want another playthrough

OK, Tali killing herself after her people took so many casualties really fucking got to me, especially after I hit paragon QTE and she still died.... Holy fuck

Emperor Smeat 03-07-2012 05:31 PM

:lol: Bioware is being accused of using a lot of fan-made and stock images for certain screens in the game.

The spoiler involves Tali.

Someone managed to find the stock Getty Images of what was used for the unmasked Tali.

I think the trailer or intro to the game also has images that were blatantly taken from stock images and fan art.

Gonzo 03-07-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathtotheSwiss (Post 3790792)
I read spoilers. Should be getting the game delivered today or tomorrow. Anyways, Mordin only has a few years left before he dies anyways...love him so much though. I have to wonder if any of this is decision-tree related. Like...maybe Mordin will survive for some of us????

I would highly doubt it, given the context that he is involved in the story.

LoDownM 03-07-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3790892)
Holy shit

Only read this if you supported the Geth unless you don't want another playthrough

OK, Tali killing herself after her people took so many casualties really fucking got to me, especially after I hit paragon QTE and she still died.... Holy fuck

I'm gonna have to play Mass Effect 2 again. My sister was able to save both sides because she managed to not get Tali exiled in 2.

Swiss Ultimate 03-07-2012 08:10 PM

One annoying thing, my multiplayer characters from the demo didn't transfer over. Going to have to rebuild my level 20 engineer now, yaaay.

Is there a comic that explains what happened between ME2 and ME3? I kind of figured Shep would have just kept his ship and went around preparing for the coming war.

I had figured that Illusive man would have the same motivation this game and the whole problem would be that he'd go too far in protecting humanity. Didn't think he'd turn into such an obvious villain bent on galactic domination.

Emperor Smeat 03-07-2012 08:15 PM

No comic and the only reason it was done for ME 2 was because of ME 2 debuting on the PS3 and Microsoft owning the rights to the first game.

Only reason the comic was made for the Xbox 360 was to generate some extra money as a DLC piece and try to bring in new Xbox 360 owners to the series if they didn't play ME1 or didn't want to have to spend 20+ hours to finish the first game just to have stats carry over to ME 2.