TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659910)
GTA4 doesn't on console. I don't think they could do it properly on 360 anymore, that's why Smackdown had that hack job of user playlists.

Xbox's playlist system is perfect for this. It's just shit for things like "entrance themes."

It still may not have been worth it to throw in, when the PS3 wouldn't yet support them anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659921)
There's been a grand total of 0 announcements. Probably waiting on next gen consoles I reckon.

Does that mean we're going back to the "Of course the engine sucks, it's the first version on a new console" apologetics?

#BROKEN Hasney 10-23-2011 12:25 PM

Who cares, Saints Row 3 is almost here.

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659934)
Who cares, Saints Row 3 is almost here.

And it will rule.

Taker it Easy 10-23-2011 12:42 PM

Dude. They have been working on GTA 5 since GTA 4 was released.

Thats how it works.

RoXer 10-23-2011 01:06 PM

grand theft auto apologists

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoXer (Post 3659975)
grand theft auto apologists

Yes, it's hilarious that they exist.

Drakul 10-23-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659921)
There's been a grand total of 0 announcements. Probably waiting on next gen consoles I reckon.

That's what I'm thinking. That and MGS Rising will be launch titles for at least one of the consoles.

Nicky Fives 10-23-2011 10:34 PM

I beat GTA IV every year during my Christmas break..... this year will be no different..... GTA London or GTA Tokyo makes the most sense to me for new locations, but I'd love a return to Vice City.....

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3661094)
I beat GTA IV every year during my Christmas break..... this year will be no different..... GTA London or GTA Tokyo makes the most sense to me for new locations, but I'd love a return to Vice City.....

Grand Theft Auto: Paradise City.

Well, I mean, at least there's a lot of cars there.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:09 AM

What I meant is starting a mission in Hove Beach, which then required you to drive to Alderney to continue it. Then if you die, you have to drive all the fucking way back and lack of aircraft plus it being a 5 min drive got annoying quick especially for difficult missions.

Xero 10-24-2011 12:19 AM

Did you ever think of taking a taxi?

Mr. C 10-24-2011 12:50 AM

I’d love to see some mission where you have to escape out of prison. Liberty City, San Andreas, and Vice City on one map would be epic, but it can’t be done because Microsoft’s 360 wouldn’t be able to handle a game of that magnitude. Maybe they could cut parts of San Andreas. I imagine the game would be pretty big if they did that with GTA 4 graphics, but I’m sure it could be done.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3661251)
Did you ever think of taking a taxi?

Of course I fucking didnt! :(

D Mac 10-24-2011 12:55 AM

I have a 360 remote. I just put some songs on a flash drive and play them and push pause on the remote when cutscenes happen.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:57 AM

I gotta say, the GTA4 soundtrack was just awful.

D Mac 10-24-2011 12:58 AM

Why not have 2 fucking cities you can be in? Like San Andreas and some other one and you can either take a commercial flight between them or fly there yourself.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 01:01 AM

I think two cities you can fly to would be better then one massive one.

Kane Knight 10-24-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3661273)
I have a 360 remote.

So you're the one.

Nicky Fives 10-24-2011 09:36 AM

I'd also be a fan of a two parter...... starting in Vice City in the 80's as a young punk kid that eventually gets busted halfway through the game, before getting out of Vice City Jail 25 years later, killing off the "minor" guys that fucked you over in Vice City, before heading off to Liberty to find the "main" guy that caused your demise, but having to take on missions in order to gain information about his whereabouts/new identity/etc.....It would be like 2 games in one.....

Kane Knight 10-24-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3661433)
I'd also be a fan of a two parter...... starting in Vice City in the 80's as a young punk kid that eventually gets busted halfway through the game, before getting out of Vice City Jail 25 years later, killing off the "minor" guys that fucked you over in Vice City, before heading off to Liberty to find the "main" guy that caused your demise, but having to take on missions in order to gain information about his whereabouts/new identity/etc.....It would be like 2 games in one.....

I think you just described Saints Row 2 and 3.

Unless Volition dropped the escape of the last guy who screwed you over in SR1.

Emperor Smeat 10-24-2011 07:19 PM

It appears the game will stay in the US setting with any rumors of a return to London or a new non-US place was squashed.

Quote:

We go backwards and forwards on it. There are very interesting crime stories and other stories you can tell about anyplace in the world. Whether that would work with Grand Theft Auto — when so much about Grand Theft Auto is about the Americana, about the American media — is something I’m not sure about.
http://www.rockstarnetwork.net/conte...-Remain-in-USA

Also teased was the producer from GTA III and Red Dead Redemption, Dan Houser, is in charge of the project and GTA V could have a more "Hollywood"-like style cinema feel as a result.
http://www.igta5.com/playstation-off...rking-on-gta-v

Mooияakeя™ 10-24-2011 07:34 PM

Vice City was the place to be. Loved it. Such an effect a game can have was beyond me till I played that. More please.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 08:47 PM

Vice City had the most awesome feel to it, I agree.

Nicky Fives 10-24-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3661438)
I think you just described Saints Row 2 and 3.

Unless Volition dropped the escape of the last guy who screwed you over in SR1.

never played them, so I didn't take any ideas from them.....

Drakul 10-25-2011 03:44 AM

I didn't care for VC much. Map was too small, didn't really care about the story and I quickly got sick of playing a "tough guy" like Tommy. Same goes for CJ. The whole cartoony "I'm a tough street/mafia thug" thing was a big turn off in terms of liking the characters.

That's why I liked Niko so much. He was human and I hope the next guy is closer to Niko than CJ or Tommy.

I'm also hoping the story isn't an "everything worked out for your character and now he's rich, famous and in charge" story.

Cool King 10-25-2011 08:15 AM

http://www.rockstargames.com/

The Mask 10-25-2011 08:23 AM

if you type in gta 5 on google it brings up rockstars san andreas page, make of that what you will :'(

#BROKEN Hasney 10-25-2011 08:27 AM

HEY GUYS, ROCKSTAR IS MAKING GRAND THEFT AUTO V
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/214496-hd.jpg

Take a deep breath everyone. Rockstar Games has updated their website with a splash screen showing the logo of a Grand Theft Auto V. No word on release of the actual game, but they did have a street date of November 2nd for the first trailer which is almost as good as having actual news about a game.
Helpful of them to clarify that Roman numeral in the logo. Wouldn't want confusion. Lead them to thinking that since dinosaurs are the new zombies, maybe it's Grand Theft Auto Velociraptor. Or perhaps folks might suspect it's centered around the adventures of a crotchety old police detective in Greenwich village, because I would totally play Grand Theft Auto Vigoda.
Thank God Rockstar is aware of the intellectual capacity of the audience that it sells complex, adult-oriented entertainment to.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-25-2011 08:27 AM

Now I just want Grand Theft Auto Velociraptor :'(

The Mask 10-25-2011 08:34 AM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ers-uncovered/

#BROKEN Hasney 10-25-2011 08:39 AM

• Clyde:
    23 - Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy 'it's only incest sort of way'
  • Brother Adam:
    Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher - 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.
  • Rich Roberts:
    English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work - the only problem is he can't quite read the words.

Those 3 at least better be real. Rich Roberts needs to be an ex football player too.

Cool King 10-25-2011 08:40 AM

It's got me thinking.

Maybe in GTA V you play as a cop or an FBI agent, but you do crimes for money or something along those lines, as the V in the GTA V logo looks like it's supposed to represent money. (The Dollar)

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-25-2011 09:10 AM

Maybe you play as a counterfeiter.

Kane Knight 10-25-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3662041)
never played them, so I didn't take any ideas from them.....

Not saying just did. Just saying they had what you were looking for. :)

Sorta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3662475)
Now I just want Grand Theft Auto Velociraptor :'(

I want Grand Theft Auto: V for Vendetta.

Finally, I can shoot those anonymous twats.

Drakul 10-25-2011 10:41 AM

It'll be San Andreas. The artwork of that V and the stuff around it is like the art used for SA.

On top of that, the cast of characters includes actors, cult leaders, yoga teachers, Agents, wacked out mothers. All very California.

Kane Knight 10-25-2011 10:44 AM

Can we get anonymous in there somehow? I'd still like to hunt them for sport, and the real world has laws treating them as human. :'(

Drakul 10-25-2011 10:49 AM

They could dump a group of hackers called "Faceless" or something in the game and have a mission where they bring down a network or system of someone they believe is "corrupt". Maybe a Ruport Murdoch like figure.

It turns out they are right, he is corrupt. Corrupt enough to hire you to go to each of their houses around SA and kill them.

That could work as either one mission where you go from point A to B to C to D and kill them one at a time or it could be spread out into multiple missions, taking them down one at a time. One could be a stealth mission, another could be a car chase etc.

Drakul 10-25-2011 12:26 PM

They could tie it in with GTA IV and have the guy being hacked the head of Weazle.

El Fangel 10-25-2011 01:47 PM

It was announced!

Trailer next week!

http://www.rockstargames.com/

El Fangel 10-25-2011 01:48 PM

-There is a blog from a guy who *claims* he knows people who work for Rockstar.

-He says it will take place in Chicago, Miami, or LA again

-Officer's Tenpenny and partner will be back (one was played by the late Chris Penn)

-You will have to types of 'karma' points, because you will start out as a COP. You can choose to do good for the law, or bad for the criminals.