TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

Xero 10-29-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. C (Post 3667143)
How's that turning GTA into The Sims? The dating/going out with friends is like a Sims game, but wanting a character customized doesn't really seem Sims.

The fact that you want it as paid DLC is my point.

$5 for new hair. $5 for new suits. $5 for more hair.

Kane Knight 10-29-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3667166)
The fact that you want it as paid DLC is my point.

$5 for new hair. $5 for new suits. $5 for more hair.

*rereads for the word "paid"*

*Search negative*

Free DLC might be naive, but I doubt he was asking to pay for it. Nor is it impossible. If Koei can release new outfits and shit for free, surely Rockstar can.

Xero 10-29-2011 06:32 PM

When I read "DLC", I ALWAYS assume paid unless specified as free. If I'm wrong, okay. Free DLC like that is :y:.

Mr. C 10-29-2011 06:45 PM

Absolutely. I should've specified that the game should start out like GTA 4, where you only have a limited selection of clothes and no options for haircuts or tattoos, but later on sometime after its release, Rockstar starts creating and releasing new clothes, haircuts, and tattoos as DLC for free. I sure wouldn't pay though.

Crimson 10-29-2011 08:16 PM

Bring back the army tanks

Crimson 10-29-2011 08:17 PM

And a hidden 'attack dog ' cheat where dogs come outta nowhere and kill pedestrians around you

Emperor Smeat 10-29-2011 09:52 PM

Can't forget to bring back the pedestrians riot cheat as well.

Was always worth a few laughs seeing everyone start brawling while just watching the whole thing occur in Vice City while in San Andreas it was an even bigger riot with smoke coming from buildings and cars on fire everywhere.

El Fangel 10-30-2011 06:14 AM

I like how my sweet ride hoarding was useful in Los Santos at the end of SA due to the lack of cars.

Kane Knight 10-30-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3667442)
I like how my sweet ride hoarding was useful in Los Santos at the end of SA due to the lack of cars.

Finally, OCD has a perk!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. C (Post 3667190)
Absolutely. I should've specified that the game should start out like GTA 4, where you only have a limited selection of clothes and no options for haircuts or tattoos, but later on sometime after its release, Rockstar starts creating and releasing new clothes, haircuts, and tattoos as DLC for free. I sure wouldn't pay though.

Or, they could just add a ton of stuff up front.

However, Saints Row 2 offered the Unkut pack, and that added a ton of stuff. Was it as pretty as GTAIV? No, but certainly they could do it. Continued support is a good way to keep people buying your game, and freedbies always help.

El Fangel 10-30-2011 08:36 AM

Its funny, I always have a Tampa and a remodeled Clover in the Garage from the Start.

Kane Knight 10-30-2011 08:37 AM

I have a TARDIS. I win. :shifty:

Nicky Fives 10-30-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3667442)

I always have a nice car and a motorcycle at every safehouse.....

El Fangel 10-30-2011 09:56 AM

Playing wasted I stole bikes and hid them.

Mr. C 10-30-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Or, they could just add a ton of stuff up front.

However, Saints Row 2 offered the Unkut pack, and that added a ton of stuff. Was it as pretty as GTAIV? No, but certainly they could do it. Continued support is a good way to keep people buying your game, and freedbies always help.

Just add all the stuff from San Andreas, and it would be amazing. I don’t care what the plot is or where it is. I just want haircuts and tattoos!

Kane Knight 10-30-2011 03:48 PM

If it's anything like the last game, the plot will be cardboard, anyway.

I hear the expansions were good, but hooboy.

El Fangel 10-30-2011 04:26 PM

To be frank, Liberty City in GTA4 wasn't that much fun to dick around in either.

Crimson 10-30-2011 04:43 PM

New trailer this week!

Xero 10-30-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3667799)
To be frank, Liberty City in GTA4 wasn't that much fun to dick around in either.

What? I dumped probably 40-50 hours just fucking around. At least a quarter of which was dicking around online.

El Fangel 10-30-2011 06:33 PM

I am not counting online and I found SA far more entertaining with all the cool places to go.

The Mask 10-30-2011 06:40 PM

yeah SA and VC were way way better than GTA 4.

El Fangel 10-30-2011 06:59 PM

VC wasn't as good in my opinion. In SA you just felt like you were free to do whatever. Here you feel like you are in a box.

Mr. C 10-30-2011 09:02 PM

In terms of gameplay, San Andreas = the most enjoyable video game I’ve ever played, hands down. I simply don’t get why people want realism in games. If I wanted realism, I’d get in my car.

Buzzkill 10-30-2011 10:43 PM

Do you really not understand why people want realism in games or are you just saying that

Xero 10-30-2011 11:01 PM

Depends on how far the realism goes, honestly.

If you think GTA 4 is "realistic", I've got news for you.

Kane Knight 10-30-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. C (Post 3667948)
In terms of gameplay, San Andreas = the most enjoyable video game I’ve ever played, hands down. I simply don’t get why people want realism in games. If I wanted realism, I’d get in my car.

"Here's an idea for a new reality show, howabout everyone just looks outside their freakin' window?"

If people wanted realism, Call of Duty would be weeks of asking your parents to buy you better equipment, followed by 18 months recovering from combat in a shitty hospital that's underfunded and forgotten because it only serves people no longer fighting.

It's not "realism" people want, it's sluggish brown they want.

Still, in an era where millions of people are playing games which equate to chores, GTA is kind of a minor offender.

Drakul 10-31-2011 04:24 AM

Ok, we're at that time again when an "unnamed source" starts claiming to have details about the next GTA game. The details had two parts, one was just general details and the other was major spoilers. I haven't read the major spoilers so what I'm posting here is the general details.

These spoilers tell you...
Who the main character is.
Where and when it takes place.
How the story begins.
What the game revolves around.
What game modes are in and how many players the MP has.
Info about the PC version.
Info about the map.
Minor gameplay details.

SPOILER: show
Quote:

•The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian.
•It takes place in San Andreas in 2012. The Mayan end of the world is parodied a lot because of this.
•You start out in Los Santos and are in your rival’s turf, Varrios Los Aztecas, after getting beaten up and robbed.
•The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea, but I don’t want to ruin it.
•Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story, and 32-player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC. PC also includes dedicated servers.
•PC comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they have shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4.
•San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all became ab it bigger as well as much more detailed.
•Gang turf wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. They have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays now too.

If you read and post the major spoilers, always mark them as such. I don't want to come into this thread and see the ending has been posted. I had LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption spoiled for me because of that, I don't want that happening with GTA V.

The Mask 10-31-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3667993)
Depends on how far the realism goes, honestly.

If you think GTA 4 is "realistic", I've got news for you.

i don't think people mean in terms of mass murdering slavic illegal immigrants, more the driving and depressingly ungratifying story.

Extreme Angle 10-31-2011 07:34 AM

Mt Chilliad :D

Drakul 10-31-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mask (Post 3668099)
ungratifying story.

I really like the story of IV and its episodes. They were much better than the usual "You got rich and now you're the boss" stories VC and SA had.

Xero 10-31-2011 08:36 AM

The driving in GTA 4 was far from realistic, and the story was pretty amazing, probably the best in the series. WTF?

Kane Knight 10-31-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3668113)
I really like the story of IV and its episodes. They were much better than the usual "You got rich and now you're the boss" stories VC and SA had.

Why do I have the feeling the sole reason you like it more is that it's "different."

DAMN iNATOR 10-31-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3661276)
Why not have 2 fucking cities you can be in? Like San Andreas and some other one and you can either take a commercial flight between them or fly there yourself.

Not to mention, why not be able to visit other locations in the series' past? (Granted, the first "advert" for GTA V said "This time it's OVER, Liberty City...") But still, in GTA: S.A., not only could you fly between Los Santos (L.A.), San Fierro (San Fran) & Las Venturas (Vegas, natch...), there was also a main storyline mission where C.J. was contacted by Salvatore Leone and asked to fly to LC and deal with some thugs there for him. Ended up being one of my favorite missions in the game, if not the entire series so far.

Drakul 10-31-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3668134)
Why do I have the feeling the sole reason you like it more is that it's "different."

Different is good.

As much fun as each GTA has been, VC and SA had the same basic story. You start with nothing, you do some work for various people, an antagonist is introduced, you eventually kill the antagonist, you get rich and/or powerful, role credits. I guess I just don't like the whole rags to riches story.

It was good that GTA IV didn't follow that formula exactly, though I know it did follow it to a degree. It felt more satifying to me to have Niko/Johnny have a bitter sweet ending of "It's over, but..." than if they included an ending where Niko becomes a multimillionaire crime lord.
It wasn't all gloom, though. Luis had a pretty happy ending for a GTA game. It showed you could have a "happy" ending without going the money and power route each time.

Kane Knight 10-31-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3668190)
Different is good.

As much fun as each GTA has been, VC and SA had the same basic story. You start with nothing, you do some work for various people, an antagonist is introduced, you eventually kill the antagonist, you get rich and/or powerful, role credits. I guess I just don't like the whole rags to riches story.

It was good that GTA IV didn't follow that formula exactly, though I know it did follow it to a degree. It felt more satifying to me to have Niko/Johnny have a bitter sweet ending of "It's over, but..." than if they included an ending where Niko becomes a multimillionaire crime lord.
It wasn't all gloom, though. Luis had a pretty happy ending for a GTA game. It showed you could have a "happy" ending without going the money and power route each time.

Different is different. Good is good. While there is some overlap, merely being different does not automatically mean good. TNA is different. TNA is definitely not good. Twilight, fucking Twilight is different. Are you a Twilight fan, Drakul? Do you "rock out" to My Chemical Romance while watching TNA and writing Twilight fanfic, Drakul?

Kane Knight 10-31-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 3668161)
Not to mention, why not be able to visit other locations in the series' past? (Granted, the first "advert" for GTA V said "This time it's OVER, Liberty City...") But still, in GTA: S.A., not only could you fly between Los Santos (L.A.), San Fierro (San Fran) & Las Venturas (Vegas, natch...), there was also a main storyline mission where C.J. was contacted by Salvatore Leone and asked to fly to LC and deal with some thugs there for him. Ended up being one of my favorite missions in the game, if not the entire series so far.

Too much space taken up on disc by gritty brown textures.

RoXer 10-31-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3668214)
Different is different. Good is good. While there is some overlap, merely being different does not automatically mean good. TNA is different. TNA is definitely not good. Twilight, fucking Twilight is different. Are you a Twilight fan, Drakul? Do you "rock out" to My Chemical Romance while watching TNA and writing Twilight fanfic, Drakul?

what

Emperor Smeat 10-31-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3668066)
Ok, we're at that time again when an "unnamed source" starts claiming to have details about the next GTA game. The details had two parts, one was just general details and the other was major spoilers. I haven't read the major spoilers so what I'm posting here is the general details.

These spoilers tell you...
Who the main character is.
Where and when it takes place.
How the story begins.
What the game revolves around.
What game modes are in and how many players the MP has.
Info about the PC version.
Info about the map.
Minor gameplay details.

SPOILER: show
Quote:

•The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian.
•It takes place in San Andreas in 2012. The Mayan end of the world is parodied a lot because of this.
•You start out in Los Santos and are in your rival’s turf, Varrios Los Aztecas, after getting beaten up and robbed.
•The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea, but I don’t want to ruin it.
•Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story, and 32-player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC. PC also includes dedicated servers.
•PC comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they have shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4.
•San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all became ab it bigger as well as much more detailed.
•Gang turf wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. They have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays now too.

If you read and post the major spoilers, always mark them as such. I don't want to come into this thread and see the ending has been posted. I had LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption spoiled for me because of that, I don't want that happening with GTA V.

Assuming the last part in the spoilers is true, I hope they make it more of a side mission/mini-game like in the GTA IV episodes than a primary thing in SA.

Kane Knight 10-31-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoXer (Post 3668296)
what

You're not retarded, Fignuts lite.

RoXer 10-31-2011 03:57 PM

what?

G 10-31-2011 04:00 PM

he said you're not retarded, fignuts lite. can't you fucking read