TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fallout 76 - 💩💩💩 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135004)

DAMN iNATOR 05-30-2018 12:02 PM

Fallout 76 - 💩💩💩

Apparently, Vault 76 is a control vault built by Vault-Tec and opened in 2076 in West Virginia in honor of America's tercentenary (300 year anniversary) celebration. I don't know if that means this will be the exact time and place setting, but if we're not going to WV, it's #PrettyWeird that they'd have John Denver's "Country Roads (Take Me Home)" playing.

P. S. - Hate to say I told ya so but on the TES side it's not like they have a hit MMORPG, like, I dunno, an Elder Scrolls Online game...:roll::lol:

Destor 05-30-2018 12:11 PM

As of right now this is not a day one buy for me.

Destor 05-30-2018 01:04 PM

reports are saying this will be a Fallout MMO

Destor 05-30-2018 01:05 PM

well "credible rumors"

DAMN iNATOR 05-30-2018 02:14 PM

I doubt that very much about the MMO thing. Fallout is Bethesda's single-player bread and butter. I don't think they're going to try to have it compete with TESO.

Also, someone more observant than me saw an antiquated looking 21st or 22nd century computer with a time dial on it. It appears it will start set on October 27th, 2102.

Destor 05-30-2018 02:28 PM

It wont compete with TESO any more than TES already does.

Heisenberg 05-30-2018 02:48 PM

Fallout: Vault 76 feels better on the eyes

Kalyx triaD 05-30-2018 03:10 PM

Jason Schreier, one of Kotaku's best reporters, warned that people expecting the usual Fallout experience are going to be... surprised. He's legit so for you fans, expect something different.

DAMN iNATOR 05-30-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5128888)
Jason Schreier, one of Kotaku's best reporters, warned that people expecting the usual Fallout experience are going to be... surprised. He's legit so for you fans, expect something different.

Well, it does have somewhat of a FO 1/2/Tactics kind of feel to it at first glance, which would actually be pretty cool IMO.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-30-2018 11:43 PM

I'm actually trying the original Fallout for the first time. Forgot I had it free.

Destor 05-30-2018 11:48 PM

Such a great game. 2 and tactics are worth your time too

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-31-2018 01:35 AM

It's funny typing in water and the NPCs saying "never heard about that"

Tom Guycott 05-31-2018 04:46 AM

"Greetings, traveler! Your business in Shady Sands would be...?"

Tom Guycott 05-31-2018 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5129029)
I'm actually trying the original Fallout for the first time. Forgot I had it free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5129031)
Such a great game. 2 and tactics are worth your time too

Also, worth going to No Mutants Allowed for the final "unofficial" patches.

The last time I bought Fallout (yes,multiple times, don't judge me!) was the last retail collection Interplay released of 1,2,and Tactics after they sent the IP off to Bethesda for the then upcoming 3, yet still in that timeframe where Interplay was supposedly working on the Fallout MMO to coincide before that weird sort-of C and D where they were told they could continue maiking said Fallout game, but it can't contain anything that would signify it as a Fallout game. The fuck does that work?"

Anyway, included on said disk were also unofficial patches. They weren't the finals (thus the plug for NMA), but was interesting to see the company back the community and slap them as an optional install (games themselves were final vanilla build). Quality of life stuff like highlighted drops and fixing sone dialogue loops and errors. Not mandatory, but worth downloading.

Shadow 05-31-2018 08:44 AM

Kinda hope this is a Fallout MMO. And you get the option to not just play as a human. Intelligent Deathclaw here I come.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-31-2018 04:48 PM

Still doesn't mean Elder Scrolls 6 is not in play either. Companies usually pawn off MMOs to second-party producers.

DAMN iNATOR 05-31-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5129194)
Still doesn't mean Elder Scrolls 6 is not in play either. Companies usually pawn off MMOs to second-party producers.

Nonetheless, DLCs are still being cranked out for TESO. Sumerset is releasing this Tuesday.

Destor 05-31-2018 06:51 PM

All but confirmed to be multipler. Similar to 7 days to die.

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-01-2018 10:58 PM

I heard that game sucked dick. Shit.

DAMN iNATOR 06-01-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5129493)

Dude, we barely know anything about this. However, at absolute most I want single-player with optional co-op.

Destor 06-02-2018 01:03 AM

Very unlikely youre going to get that

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-02-2018 01:11 AM

That's essentially what Elder Scrolls Online was for my playthroughs.

DAMN iNATOR 06-02-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5129513)
That's essentially what Elder Scrolls Online was for my playthroughs.

Yeah, exactly. If it was like that, I wouldn't mind.

Heisenberg 06-04-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5129493)

It was released too soon, one of those "stay in alpha forever, but release it anyways to get the cash before we're exposed" deals.

Outsider 06-06-2018 04:43 PM

I kinda hoped it would be more like what they did with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, where instead of released a new game they just do a new story and a few tweaks. Fallout 4 was disappointing in missions, story and map rather than mechanics so could have really benefited from such treatment.

Interested to see what will come of this, but probably wait until I've seen reviews before parting with any cash.

Sepholio 06-13-2018 05:55 PM

Well count me out on this one. All humans in the game are other players. No bandits, no brotherhood, no towns full of people, potentially no mutants. Nothing. Just the other players, the wildlife, and robots. Interest completely killed at this point; it is 100p a survival game.

dronepool 06-20-2018 12:25 PM

Fuck this, my PS4 port is wonky and wifi is weak. My PS3 works just fine, so it's not my ethernet cable. PS4 connects/disconnects randomly. Sad to skip this, but I hate playing online for more than 10-230 minutes. I play to be anti-social, not e afraid to pause to take a piss or watch a random Youtube video.

Tom Guycott 08-06-2018 12:01 AM

So, signs are pointing to this heading in the direction that X-Com was going in: trade in on the name and forsake what it was. Instead of making the thing that will keep the loyal fanbase happy, let's just make something that isn't remotely close and slap the franchise paint on it for possible nominal success but alienation and more apprehension in the future.

This *might* end up being good, but for the first time in the history of ever, I'm not that stoked about an upcoming Fallout title. And as much as I am meh about the Brotherhood of Steel titles, they still got me jazzed. Hell, I recommend Wasteland 2 to any and every person who were into 1 and 2, because that game proves the first two titles can work on a console.

I asked in another thread, but how much separation does Fallout need from its roots before it is no longer Fallout? There is more to the game than Radscorpions and Vault Boy. Storytelling, references, V.A.T.S., Karma, and actually having to make choices (such as exactly which perks you'll be taking, because you couldn't just powerlevel and take everything - you only had so many until the cap, so choose wisely).

Fans want another game like New Vegas, as NV is essentially the gold standard of the franchise history taken into the then-current gen... and instead of doing that and releasing this alongside it (similar to 4 and Shelter), they're trying to go elsewhere and make it something it isn't. Fallout doesn't need to be an action FPS. Or a Battle Royale game. People who want those other things are playing those other things, and people who want Fallout don't want it to be those things. I mean, could you imagine if Capcom decided they wanted to stop making Street Fighter a fighting game and gradually tried to shift it into something in the style of Heavy Rain? Nothing but cutscenes and QTEs? Intresting for a one-off, maybe, or a side project, but not the direction the fanbase would be enthused about.

Fignuts 08-06-2018 12:53 AM

Im excited for something different. Would have been kind of non-plussed about another single player.

I know that me and the nwo are gonna tear up the wasteland.

Destor 08-06-2018 12:59 AM

I need wasteland 3

Eyre 10-10-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignfuts (Post 5154980)
Im excited for these foods that boost testosterone and something different. Would have been kind of non-plussed about another single player.

I know that me and the nwo are gonna tear up the wasteland.

I've read some articles about Fallout 76 all around the web. I guess the press got an early peek. They say that it doesn't feel like a Fallout game, but they also say it's fun. I guess I'll give it a shot.

DAMN iNATOR 10-11-2018 09:12 AM

Yeah, well in the intervening months between the announcement and everything else we've had since, it's safe to assume it will be worse than the drudge that was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and it deserves to flop even worse sales wise too.

Fignuts 10-11-2018 12:23 PM

Why?

DAMN iNATOR 10-11-2018 12:39 PM

No NPCs, no real story, nothing that makes it a title worthy of the Fallout name. Direct antithesis of the original 2 games and New Vegas. Prove me wrong.

Fignuts 10-11-2018 01:04 PM

Not having NPC's is a potential misstep, but its not the end of the world. We've already seen from the early access people have gotten that there are story elements to the game. A big overarching plot is nice and all but its not necessary. By all accounts most people enjoy the smaller side quests anyway.

I'm not going to condemn Bethesda for trying something new and different. They don't "deserve to fail" just because its not your cup of tea.

Wehttam 10-11-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5183624)
Yeah, well in the intervening months between the announcement and everything else we've had since, it's safe to assume it will be worse than the drudge that was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and it deserves to flop even worse sales wise too.

oh no bethesda might not get your parents' money.

Shadow 10-12-2018 10:29 AM

Well there's the lore betrayal that Bethesda seems to be wanting to shove down our throats.

DAMN iNATOR 10-12-2018 04:03 PM

Fignuts 10-12-2018 11:06 PM

Yeah, I've seen enough of those videos. Again, the meat of it is complaining about the game being something they don't want, rather than anything that is objectively bad.

I don't get the vitriol people have for this game. If it's not your thing then cool, that's understandable, but there are a lot of people acting as if this is the new direction the series is sticking to from here on out. Like, you will get another single player eventually,my dude. Chill. In the mean time here's cool spin-off that does something new and different with the series.

Not saying they don't deserve criticism. If they fucked with their own lore, than they deserve to get called out on it.

If the no npc experiment fails, (which will entirely depend on the execution of the concept) then yeah, they should get called out on it.

But saying it needs to fail makes you look like a selfish prick who throws a tantrum just because a game isn't the experience you wanted.

Wehttam 10-13-2018 09:55 PM

you're talking to a dude who would rather shit in a bucket and play video games instead of getting working water in his house