TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Avengers: End Game (2019) MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135767)

Blonde Moment 05-04-2019 09:20 PM

It's harder to Troll when you have defined rules

Ruien 05-04-2019 09:49 PM

Pretty sure this has more to do with the fact your a broke bum who can't afford movies. But to each their own :D

Blonde Moment 05-04-2019 09:58 PM

That's Damniator.
I've been gainfully employed in the US since it was legal for me to do so but considering the stupidity I have seen talked about around here, I would much rather be living paycheque to paycheque than be one of the well off fucktards that some of you claim to be.

And as it sits I'm with Seanny on this issue.

Emperor Smeat 05-04-2019 10:49 PM

If its defined in the thread itself or forum policy, 1 week feels very fair for using spoiler tags for films.

Somewhere between 1.5 to 2 weeks is probably the sweet spot since you'd cover everyone who couldn't watch it during the 1st week for various reasons. After that, its fair game on spoilers being out in the open.

Damian Rey 2.0 05-05-2019 02:06 AM

One week after worldwide release seems fair. I think 2 weeks is far too long. Anyone who really wants to see it is likely make the time to do so in the first week. If we were using 2 weeks we'd have to wait 6 more days in this thread, and that seems like an awful long time.

Sixx 05-05-2019 02:24 AM

Meh, if you don't want spoilers what's the point of a thread about a movie?

Can just stick to the "Rate the last movie you saw' thread.

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 02:30 AM

This discussion started when Rammsteinmad saw spoiler tags in here after the film came out and decided to post spoilers just to make sure that anybody who came in here definitely knew the ending.

You are arguing with me about that.

You are now putting time limits on decency.
All of this speaks towards your laziness, selfishness and inability to discuss a topic without immediately spilling your guts the moment you know something that others may not.

None of you had used the spoilers to discuss the topic without using spoiler tags...
The only real spoilers have been done out of weird juvenile anger.

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixxT9 (Post 5249729)
Meh, if you don't want spoilers what's the point of a thread about a movie?

Can just stick to the "Rate the last movie you saw' thread.

A racist alcoholic spoils everything anyway.

Sixx 05-05-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5249731)
A racist alcoholic spoils everything anyway.

True.

But seriously, I do not post spoilers, but I don't mind them. It's a thread to discuss a movie, you should expect people to discuss the plot.

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 02:45 AM

So far only Rammsteinmad and Damian have purposefully tried to spoil the film.

They defend their right to do so based on an arbitrary judgement of time and their own convenience.

I find that self entitled attitude offensive but nothing can be done besides editing.

You can't teach stupid but you can tag it.

Rammsteinmad 05-05-2019 05:54 AM

You expect us to put spoiler tags in a film thread over a week after the films release, when you could just as easily just not go in the thread for a few precious days.

I find that self entitled attitude offensive but nothing can be done besides editing.

Rammsteinmad 05-05-2019 05:54 AM

The argument works both ways and will just keep going in circles. Easiest way to look at it is that we're both selfish cunts.

Frank Drebin 05-05-2019 08:32 AM

Loved it.

Almost ruined by a group of 3 or 4 ten year olds behind me who talked through the entire film. Right before that crowd pleasing moment for Cap, kid says "OH THIS IS THE MOST EPIC PART EVER!!!" totally taking me out of the movie. His parents shushed him once or twice but he never really shut up. Thought about casually tossing the remnants of my drink at him but didn't think assaulting a child would look good on my resume.

Hopefully I'll see it again at some point so I can enjoy those parts of the movie.

GD 05-05-2019 08:43 AM

The only logical solution, Franky D

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShadyUnrea...restricted.gif

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 5249749)
You expect us to put spoiler tags in a film thread over a week after the films release, when you could just as easily just not go in the thread for a few precious days.

This is nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 5249750)
The argument works both ways and will just keep going in circles. Easiest way to look at it is that we're both selfish cunts.

No... it really doesn't work both ways.

Savio 05-05-2019 10:54 AM

Bad MMA opinions and whiny in thread spoilers debates.

Are we sure Seanny isn't Kris P Lettuce?

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 11:02 AM

It's not a debate.

Blonde Moment 05-05-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5249782)
Bad MMA opinions and whiny in thread spoilers debates.

Are we sure Seanny isn't Kris P Lettuce?

Hope not

Damian Rey 2.0 05-05-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5249733)
So far only Rammsteinmad and Damian have purposefully tried to spoil the film.

They defend their right to do so based on an arbitrary judgement of time and their own convenience.

You can't teach stupid but you can tag it.

Meh. I didn't try to spoil nothing. The film had been out a week by the time I posted my feelings on it. Two days after I saw it. If I ruined it for anybody my apologies. But that just reinforces the idea that we need a hard rule on how long to use spoiler tags. The movie had been out for 8 days by the time I posted about my experience watching it. At some point the spoiler tags shouldn't be needed and it's reader beware.

And I think a week after release is a solid time frame.

Savio 05-05-2019 11:35 AM

Snape kills Soylent Green which turns out to be a sled but also Luke's Father.

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 11:37 AM

When you posted your experience of it initially you used spoiler tags.

The moment Rammsteinmad went out of his way to openly spoil the ending you quoted his post and repeated the spoiler too.

There is no need for that sort of posturing. You U-turned on your spoilers immediately just because someone else refused to use them.

I didn't need to know the ending and I don't think it's fair to suggest that going into a thread where everybody was talking about what may happen and telling them what actually does happen is a fine thing to do just because the movie is now out.

Try your best to tag things regardless of when the film came out unless you are in a spoiler thread.
Failing that I will edit tags into posts or change the thread title.

All of this has been repeated in triplicate.

Savio 05-05-2019 11:44 AM

Seanny if everyone disagrees with you, you are most likely wrong.

Blonde Moment 05-05-2019 12:49 PM

Whose the mod here so we can clear this up?

Ruien 05-05-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5249796)

This. Seanny is looking like a complete idiot in this thread. Seems odd.

Kalyx triaD 05-05-2019 01:49 PM

Just do a poll.

Triple A 05-05-2019 02:24 PM

If the thread title says "major spoilers inside" then what is the issue... People should be able to post spoilers in the thread... And people who don't want it spoiled should avoid the thread if it says "MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE"... Confused about the argument...

Triple A 05-05-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe2222 (Post 5249561)
Most other boards I belong to have a standard 5 day or one week policy for spoiler tags along with a note in thread title whether spoilers are allowed yet or not. It’s not that difficult to follow.

Some people like check the thread for a review or to se now the movie was without wanting to see spoilers. But after the grace period enter at your own risk.

This also seems reasonable to me

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 5249815)
If the thread title says "major spoilers inside" then what is the issue... People should be able to post spoilers in the thread... And people who don't want it spoiled should avoid the thread if it says "MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE"... Confused about the argument...

I edited the title to say that after Rammsteinmad decided to post the ending just to make some sort of demented point.

This lot are arguing over not wanting to use spoiler tags despite me repeatedly saying do what you like because I'll edit thread titles accordingly.

There's a difference between discussing a topic and posting purely to give away details.

So I'll say it again, if people don't want to use spoiler tags I will edit the thread titles.

Do you want me to say it again?

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5249796)

Aye that's right, and anybody that holds a door open for somebody else is a cunt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5249801)
This. Seanny is looking like a complete idiot in this thread. Seems odd.

:y:

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5249809)
Just do a poll.

I capitulated pages ago. You were there.

Kalyx triaD 05-05-2019 05:07 PM

So you not gonna do a poll tho?

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 05:52 PM

To what end?

If there are people determined to post spoilers wherever they want, all I can do is put warnings in thread titles.
You all have the ability to create threads so you can decide for yourselves if you want spoilers in them when you write the title.

Will a poll change that?

Savio 05-05-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5249862)
I don't want to see the poll end up 8 to 1

Seanny One Ball 05-05-2019 07:48 PM

Idiot, I've already given you what you want. There was nothing to take away.

At no point does a poll give anybody any advantage when there is nothing at stake.

Kalyx triaD 05-05-2019 08:34 PM

It's not a legislative poll, just an experiment of sorts. Your argument constantly deferred to the opposition being assholes and people must be protected from us.

So... I'd like to see how many people agreed with this. It's just curious that nobody actually spoke for themselves on the matter. It's us who wish to speak openly in the movie's thread, and you who fears for a hypothetical victim of our chat, and... that's it. Nobody to explain exactly why they aren't able to avoid a thread for a while. It's just been your assertion that they can't help themselves, far as I can tell.

I just wanna see a poll on the matter.

Lock Jaw 05-05-2019 09:04 PM

MY OPINION ON THIS MATTER:

Who cares, it isn't that big of a deal. Everyone just move on. No one should be caring about any of what has happened in this thread with spoilers so much.

Fignuts 05-05-2019 09:27 PM

Yeah, let’s talk about Avengers you fags.

Kalyx triaD 05-05-2019 09:46 PM

The problem was literally concerning talking about Avengers.

Kalyx triaD 05-05-2019 09:46 PM

When the X-Men came out of that time vortex yooooooooo. Hype. I cried.

Blonde Moment 05-05-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5249905)
When the X-Men came out of that time vortex yooooooooo. Hype. I cried.

All kidding aside, you apparently missed the easter eggs involving
SPOILER: show