TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who would you induct? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135012)

LibSuperstar 06-04-2018 04:13 PM

Who would you induct?

There's certainly no shortage of conversation about the WWE Hall Of Fame. Questionable entries. Snubs. If you were to create a WWE Hall Of Fame who would you induct?

Ruien 06-04-2018 04:31 PM

X Pac

#1-norm-fan 06-04-2018 05:04 PM

Andy Kaufman into the celebrity wing.

Shisen Kopf 06-04-2018 05:16 PM

Tatanka

Evil Vito 06-04-2018 05:16 PM

Scotty Goldman

rez 06-04-2018 05:26 PM

Elizabeth..and have Lex induct her :shifty:

Bad News Gertner 06-04-2018 06:36 PM

Planet Stasiak

Shisen Kopf 06-04-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez (Post 5129987)
Elizabeth..and have Lex induct her :shifty:

Maybe if it was a victim of murder hall of fame this would work

Lock Jaw 06-04-2018 07:03 PM

Christian and only Christian

xrodmuc316 06-04-2018 08:21 PM

Based on how they typically fill out the card, it is a female, a team or stable, a celeb, a deceased wrestler, and a headliner, with a few more singles going in, usually a guy from the 80's and a manager or promoter. That being said, if I was going by that format I would go the following:

Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Demolition, Honky Tonk Man, Eric Bischoff, AJ Lee, and celebrity Bob Barker, headliner J.B.L. That would be my 2019 Class

Sixx 06-04-2018 09:14 PM

Snookie of course.

Jordan 06-04-2018 11:32 PM

I don't really care much, they do a fine enough job inducting the people they can. It's a kayfabe business and so there is no gauge for what would qualify one for Hall of Fame in wrestling. I guess whoever Vince decides to use that year? I mean really, that's the best honor. Vince wants to put you on TV again and let you talk about yourself for 30 minutes. I'm not saying that the act of being apart of the WWE HOF is meaningless, but there's no true qualifier beyond Vince and those close to him.

LibSuperstar 06-04-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X
I don't really care much, they do a fine enough job inducting the people they can. It's a kayfabe business and so there is no gauge for what would qualify one for Hall of Fame in wrestling. I guess whoever Vince decides to use that year? I mean really, that's the best honor. Vince wants to put you on TV again and let you talk about yourself for 30 minutes. I'm not saying that the act of being apart of the WWE HOF is meaningless, but there's no true qualifier beyond Vince and those close to him.

Well the idea is if you were starting one from scratch. As for criteria, I'd go w/ drawing power, ability and/or impact.

Jordan 06-04-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibSuperstar (Post 5130384)
Well the idea is if you were starting one from scratch. As for criteria, I'd go w/ drawing power, ability and/or impact.

Well for WWE next year in NYC I'd go...

Sid - Hogan inducts
Rob Van Dam - Heyman inducts
Bruiser Brody - Posthumous - Dutch Mantel inducts
Owen Hart - Posthumous - Jeff Jarrett inducts
Demolition - Jimmy Hart inducts
Lex Luger - Ric Flair inducts
Vader - Sting inducts

xrodmuc316 06-04-2018 11:55 PM

P
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5130382)

It is true, otherwise they wouldn't book it the way they do.

Look at Ted DiBiase, he didn't go in until 2010, not because he wasn't good enough to go in any of the say previous 5 years, but because he, WWE, or both wanted him as a headliner.

Any other HOF doesn't do it like that. Brian Urlacher didn't have to wait until next year because Ray Lewis was inducted the same year.

But WWE is producing it as a show, so you want a hot opener, a diva segment, a tag segment, and a main event, with comedy, fillers, and a celebrity in between.

Jordan 06-05-2018 12:15 AM

Also The Steiner Brothers need to go in ASAP. As do The Midnights and Jim Cornette

LibSuperstar 06-05-2018 02:45 AM

Quote:

Sid - Hogan inducts
Vader - Sting inducts

More than likely Bigelow will be the posthumous inductee. But again to clarify you're not following WWE's current MO for inductions but rather your own.

EIWF 06-05-2018 07:43 PM

Demolition
Eric Bischoff
Scott Stiener
Booker T
Dustin Rhodes

Emperor Smeat 06-05-2018 11:31 PM

Owen Hart or The Hart Foundation with Owen, Bulldog, and Pillman

LibSuperstar 06-06-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIWF
Demolition
Eric Bischoff
Scott Stiener
Booker T
Dustin Rhodes

As himself or Goldust?

Nicky Fives 06-06-2018 11:03 AM

Owen & Andy Kaufman immediately jump to mind.

Jordan 06-06-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibSuperstar (Post 5130828)
As himself or Goldust?

Why are you intent on segregating WWE careers from wrestling careers?

LibSuperstar 06-07-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Why are you intent on segregating WWE careers from wrestling careers?

B/c the concept of the thread is who people would induct if they were to start a WWE HOF today totally distinct from the current one. No Celebrity Wing, no Legacy Wing. My fault! I should've specified that from the beginning.

Shisen Kopf 06-07-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5130393)

Sid - Hogan inducts
Vader - Sting inducts

Lex Luger? No way he deserves to go in the HOF.

LibSuperstar 06-07-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf
Lex Luger? No way he deserves to go in the HOF.

B/c of his outside the ring activities?

Mr. Nerfect 06-08-2018 10:41 PM

Vader, Bruiser Brody, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, Demolition, Bam Bam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, The Midnight Express, Jim Cornette, Christian, Andy Kaufman, Sean Waltman and Eric Bischoff. There are probably some historical figures that aren't in yet that should be.

DAMN iNATOR 06-09-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibSuperstar (Post 5131249)
B/c of his outside the ring activities?

Everything he does is outside the ring! How do you not know the man is a dangerous serial murderer?!

A.J.K 06-09-2018 02:35 PM

Owen Hart
Eric Bischoff
Steiner Brothers
Christian
Bam Bam Bigelow
Sable

LibSuperstar 06-09-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid
Vader, Bruiser Brody, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, Demolition, Bam Bam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, The Midnight Express, Jim Cornette, Christian, Andy Kaufman, Sean Waltman and Eric Bischoff. There are probably some historical figures that aren't in yet that should be.

Like who? Jess McMahon?

rez 06-09-2018 06:26 PM

One day..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140813143829

Ultra Mantis 06-09-2018 06:38 PM

Since they dropped the ball on Fandango's hall of fame career, the least they can do is induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame.

#1-norm-fan 06-09-2018 10:04 PM

The WWE "If We Weren't Fuckups" Hall of Fame. I like that idea.

Fandango, Ryback, Matt Morgan in the inaugural class.

DAMN iNATOR 06-09-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5131786)
The WWE "If We Weren't Fuckups" Hall of Fame. I like that idea.

Fandango, Ryback, Matt Morgan in the inaugural class.

Hassan probably belongs in there too, if we're being completely honest.

EDIT: Also Nathan Jones and Mark Jindrak, who IIRC was supposed to be the 4th Evolution member before Orton was given that spot in the group.