TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

James Steele 12-12-2013 08:53 PM

Damn, Vince's hair has grown back out. Almost a return to the epic pompadour.

James Steele 12-12-2013 08:54 PM

I assume that is during the filming of Tribute to the Troops. Where is it this year?

Emperor Smeat 12-12-2013 09:46 PM

McChord Field in Washington.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 09:49 PM

Watching TNA Impact tonight. Return of one of TNA's more stupid ideas, the "feast or fired" briefcase fiasco.

Curry Man seems to be back, though. Or at least he is going to be back for the match. He will probably be fired again.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:01 PM

Watching on my new tv, I notice that Dixie Carter has a lazy eye. Really distracting because she has big eyes and is drawing attention to them with her makeup.

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4341196)
Watching TNA Impact tonight. Return of one of TNA's more stupid ideas, the "feast or fired" briefcase fiasco.

I couldn't remember if that was the thing where three knockouts just opened up briefcases and one of them had the title in it and thus whoever opened that briefcase won the title.

Seriously, without exaggeration, might be the dumbest idea in wrestling history. A title changed hands via a game show segment.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:27 PM

I think that was one of them, but usually it is just they get a title shot. Four cases, one has a world title shot, one has an X-division title shot, one a tag team title shot, and one contains a pink slip.

Three guys in this graphic for this match that I have no idea who they are.

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:37 PM

lol. Just turned it on to hear Bully Ray cut one of the weirdest fucking promos ever.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:41 PM

Had no idea what he said. Then again, I was only half paying attention.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:42 PM

They skipped Curry Man's entrance, what a rip-off. Watched this far for nothing.

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:43 PM

AusDaenerys

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 10:45 PM

BS. Curry Man just walks out on the match without doing anything.

F TNA

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4341216)
Had no idea what he said. Then again, I was only half paying attention.

Basically, he cut a really cryptic sounding promo, then said Mr. Anderson raped him and that he was gonna take care of Anderson's unborn twins.

Savio 12-12-2013 10:47 PM

TNA is worse than WWE in everyway.

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:48 PM

lol. Who the fuck are these scrawny fucks???

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:49 PM

Derrick Bateman is gonna be a TNA World Champion at some point soon isn't he? lol

Savio 12-12-2013 10:49 PM

I swear their wrestling is just spots with no glue inbetween them.

Savio 12-12-2013 10:51 PM

I thought magnus was the champ because he beat AJ?

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 4341221)
TNA is worse than WWE in everyway.

Last time I watched they actually had storylines from the top of the card to the bottom. To the point where they could actually fill a PPV with matches that had some story behind them. Which is something WWE hasn't been able to do in years. Even with twice as much television available to them.

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:57 PM

Wait, isn't a #1 contender contract for the X Division title in one of the cases? So why is the X Division champion in the match?

GD 12-12-2013 10:57 PM

I re-watched the Brock Lesnar versus John Cena match from Extreme Rules 2012. It was so unique and different. It felt like Brock Lesnar was genuinely beating up John Cena in the opening part of the match. It is one of my favorite matches of all time (top 20).

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 10:59 PM

Also there's no World Champion but one of the cases contains a #1 contender contract for the World Title and some of the guys competing to become World Champion are in this match.

I need that "exploding head" gif...

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4341229)
Wait, isn't a #1 contender contract for the X Division title in one of the cases? So why is the X Division champion in the match?

Because he decided to, and apparently you can just enter yourself into a high stakes match last minute.

GD 12-12-2013 11:03 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vXhLgCyWsKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw 12-12-2013 11:03 PM

All things considered... I really should have caught up on NXT instead

#1-norm-fan 12-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacePalmMonkey (Post 4341230)
I re-watched the Brock Lesnar versus John Cena match from Extreme Rules 2012. It was so unique and different. It felt like Brock Lesnar was genuinely beating up John Cena in the opening part of the match. It is one of my favorite matches of all time (top 20).

That match was fucking incredible. They got so much sympathy on Cena that the crowd comepletely turned and started popping for him when he made his comeback. That moment when he hits Lesnar with the chain and "Hulks up" while the crowd is going crazy was awesome.

Tom Guycott 12-13-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4341229)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4341232)
Because he decided to, and apparently you can just enter yourself into a high stakes match last minute.

For some reason, this made me think of some spoof booking thing years back where RVD was all that was left of the entirity of (the real) ECW roster, booking team, stage & sound crew, and booked himself in a title unification match where he hit a 5 Star Frog Splash on himself to win (and if I remember right, he killed himself in the process, and that's how ECW folded).

With that said, if the X Division champ is the #1 contender, I'm pretty sure TNA would try to make the person have a match with themselves.

Poit 12-13-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4341231)
Also there's no World Champion but one of the cases contains a #1 contender contract for the World Title and some of the guys competing to become World Champion are in this match.

I need that "exploding head" gif...

So... winning and getting the World Championship briefcase would mean having a second shot at the title after losing it. Seems like good insurance.

Mr. Nerfect 12-13-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4341074)

God damn it, is there anything that man can't do? I can't remember who he was wrestling (I think it may have been Kofi Kingston), but they back body dropped Cesaro out of his Neutralizer and he flipped over and landed on his feet.

I really think the guy could make an amazing babyface. He's got a personality, it just doesn't really belong in serious heel characters. He's not great on the mic, but all he needs is an awkward line or two and he could charm his way into the hearts of millions.

Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro doesn't seem like something they would include at WrestleMania XXX, but I think they could go for Cesaro's biggest swing ever and try and create a moment. Cesaro swinging around Colter for a long time and then celebrating with Hulk Hogan as Real American plays could be a great moment too. Hogan probably can't wrestle, but he could endorse Cesaro as a true American hero and the strongest man in the world, brotha!

Mr. Nerfect 12-13-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4341196)

Curry Man seems to be back, though. Or at least he is going to be back for the match. He will probably be fired again.

This is easily one of the stupidest things in wrestling. I don't mind the idea of there being three title shots on the line during a match. That's kind of interesting. But one of the winners, a superior athlete who defeats some of the other guys in the match and wins as much as anyone else in it wins, getting fired? Why would you fire a fucking winner?

Mr. Nerfect 12-13-2013 01:38 AM

If I were AJ Styles (and I'm definitely not...seriously), then I would accept the pay-cut from WWE and see it as a challenge to earn more money and prove my worth to the wrestling world again. I strictly say that as a fan, though. His body hurts and he has a family to support, so there's that -- but Styles has got so much skill and a weirdly marketable vibe that I believe he could move merchandise and be a fairly decent babyface for the company.

Mr. Nerfect 12-13-2013 01:47 AM

How's this for an idea:

The Real Americans tease a face turn heading into WrestleMania, where Swagger and Cesaro end up fighting The Shield a few times. Tensions between The Shield increase and it leads to Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns leaving Dean Ambrose to fend for himself, and Antonio Cesaro wins the US Championship. The next show, Zeb Colter reveals that when someone is a Real American, he controls their championships and all that, so he announces that Jack Swagger is going to go forward as the serving United States Champion. This doesn't sit well with Cesaro, which leads to the split between Swagger/Colter and Cesaro.

At WrestleMania, Cesaro defeats Swagger and proves that he deserves to be the true United States Heavyweight Champion of the world, and gets the backing of Hulk Hogan, becoming a mid-card babyface player on the rise.

Volare 12-13-2013 09:38 AM

I STILL FUCKING REMEMBER!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-54RdwIIwX4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King 12-13-2013 09:44 AM

Now he's jobbing and playing invisible guitars.

Heisenberg 12-13-2013 09:55 AM

Throwback 100,001 post. Doesn't feel right w/o it here.

SPOILER: show
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BDNLuwUxwuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Cool King 12-13-2013 11:30 AM

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaiw...arge/05011.jpg

Emperor Smeat 12-13-2013 02:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/wVDNMeF.jpg

Innovator 12-13-2013 03:07 PM

Bulking phase bro

Poit 12-13-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 4341320)
I STILL FUCKING REMEMBER!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-54RdwIIwX4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That song is great. Here's the full song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BY0PxoilxzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XL 12-13-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4341393)

I want Ryder to take on a Jericho rip-off gimmick where he refers to himself as Y2Z, comes out to knock-off Jericho music, in Jericho attire.