TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Crown Jewel (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135438)

Evil Vito 09-18-2018 12:27 PM

Crown Jewel

http://www.wrestlezone.com/assets/up...-1-642x362.jpg

Undeterred by Saudi officials literally crucifying someone last month, they've gone ahead and announced their next Saudi Arabia PPV last night. November 2nd in Riyadh.

Reigns, Lesnar, and Strowman in a triple threat match for the Universal Title has already been announced.

And today they announced they'll be holding some sort of World Cup tournament.

I dunno. Figured I'd start a thread for this given the controversial nature of the show and the likelihood of it being a ridiculously stacked card like Greatest Royal Rumble was.

Evil Vito 09-18-2018 12:30 PM

I'm guessing the WWE World Cup will be an 8-man single night tournament. While I assume they'd use people for both shows, it'd make for a nifty SmackDown tourney.

Bulgaria - Rusev
Canada - Dillinger
Ireland - Sheamus
Japan - Nakamura
Mexico - Almas
Switzerland - Cesaro
US - Bryan

And maybe they'll throw one of those Saudi signees from the last show into the tournament to go over Tye.

Evil Vito 09-18-2018 12:31 PM

Kinda hope I'm wrong on that because that tourney is something I'd like to see and the idea of supporting this show is gross.

Simple Fan 09-18-2018 01:27 PM

World Cup tournament could be cool. Hope Brock wins the Universal title back or Braun wins it. I liked the last show they did over there and have no problem with them going back.

SlickyTrickyDamon 09-18-2018 01:32 PM

They were contracted for two shows. I doubt there will be a third but they deal was for two.

Simple Fan 09-18-2018 01:39 PM

I thought they signed a 10 year deal with Saudi Arabia.

Evil Vito 09-18-2018 01:49 PM

Unless someone gets cold feet at the last minute, they've basically laid the groundwork for Brothers of Destruction vs. DX at this show.

Can't believe Michaels is going to end his retirement for this show.

Simple Fan 09-18-2018 02:15 PM

I'd be down for that on the show, I don't think Shawn will do any singles matches. If it's any consolation, DX will be telling the Arabs to suck it.

Big Vic 09-18-2018 02:20 PM

Then be beheaded.

Anybody Thrilla 09-18-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 5174144)
Then be beheaded.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT???

Evil Vito 09-18-2018 02:34 PM

"If you're not down with that, we've got two words for you!"

The KSA Sports Authority would like to issue a formal apology for one of the words used during last night's event...

Swiss Ultimate 09-18-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5174120)
http://www.wrestlezone.com/assets/up...-1-642x362.jpg

Undeterred by Saudi officials literally crucifying someone last month, they've gone ahead and announced their next Saudi Arabia PPV last night. November 2nd in Riyadh.

Reigns, Lesnar, and Strowman in a triple threat match for the Universal Title has already been announced.

And today they announced they'll be holding some sort of World Cup tournament.

I dunno. Figured I'd start a thread for this given the controversial nature of the show and the likelihood of it being a ridiculously stacked card like Greatest Royal Rumble was.

Holy shit...

Quote:

The execution came during a deepening dispute between the two countries sparked by Canada's criticism of Saudi Arabia's detention of activists.

Canada on Friday called for Saudi Arabia to release women's rights campaigners detained in the country, prompting a harsh response from the kingdom.

Saudi-owned media has blasted Canada for arresting a Holocaust denier and other citizens. TV pundits have brought up Canada's suicide rate in what appeared as a broadside against the country's way of living.

And Saudi media took a decidedly dark turn on Monday when it appeared to threaten Canada with a 9/11-style attack by tweeting a graphic with an image of an airliner flying toward Toronto's skyline.

The absolute monarchy ruling Saudi Arabia tightly controls the media broadcast within its borders, as well as its foreign-policy messaging.

In a statement, Saudi Arabia's Foreign Ministry described Canada's call to free the women's rights activists as "blatant interference in the Kingdom's domestic affairs."

The ministry went on to threaten vague retaliation against Ottawa.

"Any further step from the Canadian side in that direction will be considered as acknowledgment of our right to interfere in the Canadian Domestic affairs," it said.

Saudi Arabia has suspended new trade agreements with Canada and expelled Canada's ambassador. It stopped medical treatment programs of Saudis in Canada and said it has made arrangements to transfer those affected.

Saudi scholarship recipients at Canadian universities were ordered to other countries. Saudi Arabia's airline suspended flights to and from Canada, potentially complicating travel plans for Canada's Muslim population ahead of the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca later this month.

Swiss Ultimate 09-18-2018 03:35 PM

Obviously we should all trust Vince McMahon's judgement and moral aptitude.

Emperor Smeat 09-18-2018 03:37 PM

Still think the PPV name is pretty bad and lazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5174133)
I thought they signed a 10 year deal with Saudi Arabia.

Supposedly its one show per year for 10 years so either this is an extra show or WWE wanted some breathing room in case of scheduling problems in the future.

Everything about the Saudi deal has been a PR mess for the company. Holding another one only days after the all-women's event is just going to add onto those complaints.

Swiss Ultimate 09-18-2018 03:41 PM

All cultures are equal though.

Lock Jaw 09-18-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5174134)
Unless someone gets cold feet at the last minute, they've basically laid the groundwork for Brothers of Destruction vs. DX at this show.

Can't believe Michaels is going to end his retirement for this show.

Imagining HBK rolling around in a pile of Saudi Gold....

Simple Fan 09-18-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5174176)
Still think the PPV name is pretty bad and lazy.

Supposedly its one show per year for 10 years so either this is an extra show or WWE wanted some breathing room in case of scheduling problems in the future.

Everything about the Saudi deal has been a PR mess for the company. Holding another one only days after the all-women's event is just going to add onto those complaints.

Crown Jewel is pretty creative when you are talking about WWE PPV names in my opinion. I mean it could have another Greatest (insert PPV name) again. I could care less about WWEs public relations or what goes on in Saudi Arabia. I like that they seem to go all out with the cards for theese shows and are trying something like this World Cup although it'll probably turn out lack luster.

Innovator 09-18-2018 05:14 PM

So is Jimmy Rave making his WWE debut?

Ultra Mantis 09-18-2018 06:27 PM

Naming a PPV after Chase Owens will surely put those pesky Bullet Club kids back in their place.

Danny Electric 09-18-2018 07:00 PM

So I’m guessing Iran won’t be winning the World Cup tourney.

Looking forward to watching loads of Arab men hold a business meeting in the front row of a WWE event.

Swiss Ultimate 09-18-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5174268)
So I’m guessing Iran won’t be winning the World Cup tourney.

Looking forward to watching loads of Arab men hold a business meeting in the front row of a WWE event.

that is pretty funny though.

Jordan 09-19-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5174176)

I understand why you say that. Meltzer and Alvarez say that, but I haven't seen any mainstream media blowback at all. The only people I've seen talking about it is the wrestling media.

Swiss Ultimate 09-19-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5174573)
I understand why you say that. Meltzer and Alvarez say that, but I haven't seen any mainstream media blowback at all. The only people I've seen talking about it is the wrestling media.

I have a feeling the bad pr from the "wrestling media" is probably outweighed by the enormous amount of money he's making from this.

#1-norm-fan 09-19-2018 12:09 PM

It was kinda hilarious watching all those guys in the front row with their backs to the camera for half the show. Saudi Arabia knows the proper way to protest this Reigns push.

Danny Electric 09-19-2018 02:23 PM

I wonder if they will be asking for the Giant Gonzalez to wrestle this time.

Swiss Ultimate 09-19-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5174581)
It was kinda hilarious watching all those guys in the front row with their backs to the camera for half the show. Saudi Arabia knows the proper way to protest this Reigns push.

Brilliant post.

Anybody Thrilla 09-19-2018 02:59 PM

Fuck Saudi Arabia

RP 09-19-2018 07:07 PM

Crown Jewel sounds like a mobile app game.

Frank Drebin 09-19-2018 07:45 PM

Guys, they just behead people and put their bodies on display. They call it Crucifixion but it's not the Jesus type that we think of when we think Crucifixion.

Bottom line: Saudi Arabia is very very progressive and whomever says otherwise will be punished via crucifixion.

Simple Fan 09-19-2018 08:13 PM

Next Saudi Arabia events name should be Crucifixion

DAMN iNATOR 09-19-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5174794)
Next Saudi Arabia events name should be Crucifixion

Sorta reminds me of the old UK only Insurrextion PPV name.

Fun Fact: The 2002 edition of that PPV was officially the last time a televised show aired under the "WWF" banner.

Droford 09-20-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5174121)
I'm guessing the WWE World Cup will be an 8-man single night tournament. While I assume they'd use people for both shows, it'd make for a nifty SmackDown tourney.

Bulgaria - Rusev
Canada - Dillinger
Ireland - Sheamus
Japan - Nakamura
Mexico - Almas
Switzerland - Cesaro
US - Bryan

And maybe they'll throw one of those Saudi signees from the last show into the tournament to go over Tye.

Jinder from India and replace #10 with KO I get that's not all SD though. Replace Bryan with Rollins and Sheamus with Balor for 50/50 raw/sd

Emperor Smeat 09-20-2018 08:07 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any chance you can get him some Lance Storm matches to watch?</p>&mdash; Lance Storm (@LanceStorm) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1042893750853226496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:lol:

Doesn't hurt to try and get some of that not so sweet tasting oil money.