TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NBA Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125308)

ct2k 06-08-2016 04:55 PM

Still struggling to comprehend how Draymond Green got away with hoofing Steven Adams in the nads twice without any reprimand, meanwhile Cleveland are getting absolutely twatcunted. Sort it out LeBron.

Ruien 06-08-2016 08:28 PM

He has 2 all stars as help. Who is saying he has no help. They are insane.

ct2k 06-09-2016 02:06 PM

CAVS TURNED IT UP A NOTCH

Curry looks mad withered, like it's all caught up with him and the hype has overcome him

McLegend 06-16-2016 11:46 PM

Well the Finals are pretty interesting.

Thought tonight was a good game even though it was never close.

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-17-2016 12:01 AM

Game 7, GOT and WWE on the same night.

:eek:

ClockShot 06-17-2016 06:31 PM

So word is the Knicks are interested in trading for Derrick Rose.

I'm on board with this if:

A. Chicago comes out and says Derrick Rose is a lost cause.

B. He gets bionic knees. So they never get injured again. And he plays 82 games a season.

C. The price is right.

Ruien 06-17-2016 11:43 PM

Fuck Rose. Have fun with him.

McLegend 06-19-2016 10:41 PM

Holy Shit Cleveland won

Evil Vito 06-19-2016 10:46 PM

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-...ocialMarketing

Tom Guycott 06-19-2016 10:53 PM

Well, what do you know? A Cleveland team didn't manage to fuck up a championship at the end AND ACTUALLY FUCKING WON!!!

The ghost of Mark Price is smiling down upon the world... and he ain't even dead!

RaginRonic 06-20-2016 02:10 AM

Fuck Cleveland for profiting from Toronto's pain. That's a title that Cleveland has no right to know about, earned or not.

To the NBA, they would probably fold the Raptors franchise as punishment for winning the NBA Title, just because Toronto's not an American city..

Take that trophy, shove it up your ass, and go off yourselves, Cleveland, cause no one needs you around for a fucking thing.

Social fucktards, Cleveland is full of.

> = (

poopfromweiner dude 06-20-2016 02:12 PM

ROASTED

Emperor Smeat 06-22-2016 03:37 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Bulls send Derrick Rose to Knicks in multi-player deal. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/chicagotribune">@chicagotribune</a>) <a href="https://t.co/UEguLwV2re">pic.twitter.com/UEguLwV2re</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/745700024819007488">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bulls get:
Robin Lopez
Jerian Grant
Jose Calderon

Knicks get:
Derrick Rose
Justin Holiday
Bulls 2017 2nd Rd pick

Frank Drebin 06-22-2016 04:05 PM

Good riddance. Trade Butler too.

Bad News Gertner 06-22-2016 07:06 PM

Three team deal between Pacers, Jazz and Hawks.

Jazz get George Hill
Pacers get Jeff Teague
Hawks get the Jazz 12th overall pick.

Bad News Gertner 06-22-2016 07:06 PM

Hill will be a nice addition to the Jazz. They desperately needed an outside shooter.

ClockShot 06-22-2016 08:46 PM

Did Chicago throw in the Bionic Knees for Derrick Rose that I wanted?

Frank Drebin 06-22-2016 09:34 PM

I can't wait until you see for yourself how he operates. Can't play because of "general soreness"....sounds legit. Then talks about how hes expecting a max deal when he's a free agent. Decides how many minutes he plays and what practices he goes to. All of which will be communicated through a litany of his entourage but nothing from him directly to the coaching staff. In NY, this has major shit show potential.

ClockShot 06-23-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4826619)
I can't wait until you see for yourself how he operates. Can't play because of "general soreness"....sounds legit. Then talks about how hes expecting a max deal when he's a free agent. Decides how many minutes he plays and what practices he goes to. All of which will be communicated through a litany of his entourage but nothing from him directly to the coaching staff. In NY, this has major shit show potential.

:yes:

Yeah, I believe it.

Emperor Smeat 06-30-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPN
When Dwight Howard starts having his free agent meetings on Friday he'll seek a contract starting at $24 million a season according to a source.

Howard is expected to conduct his meetings in his hometown of Atlanta with the Hawks and the Boston Celtics having secured the first discussions with the center.

Portland and Charlotte have also expressed interest in Howard, who declined a player option with the Rockets at $23.2 million.

The amount Howard is seeking isn't that far off from what he declined with the Rockets. However, the Rockets don't believe Howard was worth paying $23.2 million and wanted the 30-year old to take a contract at a reduced financial package.

Howard averaged 13.7 points and 11.8 rebounds per game last season. Howard averaged just 8.5 field goal attempts per game, his lowest output since his rookie year of 8.3, in 2004-05.

While it looks like Plan A to get Kevin Durrant might not happen, really hope the Cs don't sign Howard as a Plan B. Not worth that kind of money nor the possible headaches he brings based on his time with the Rockets and Lakers.

Ainge already messed up his plans a bit with the somewhat poor draft recently mostly due to the lack of a quality big man he wanted for the #3 pick.

Ruien 06-30-2016 10:11 PM

Howard would be a good sign for Boston if it is a 1 or 2 year deal.

Rebirth 06-30-2016 10:40 PM

If Dwight Howard gets 24 million per season then.. wtf!

Emperor Smeat 07-01-2016 07:19 PM

Hawks ended up getting Dwight Howard with a 3 year, $70.5 million deal.

Around $1.5 million less overall than the $24 million per year he wanted as a basis.

Emperor Smeat 07-01-2016 11:08 PM

Outside of the Thunder, Cs and Clippers currently are being aggressive in trying to sign Kevin Durant.

Cs want a deal with Al Horford done as soon as possible to help persuade Durant to sign with them while ESPN states Durant was "blown away" with how good a recent meeting with the Clippers went.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-02-2016 07:39 PM

C's deal with Horford is in the books. Still a good signing in my book even if it doesn't sway Durant to sign.

Emperor Smeat 07-02-2016 07:50 PM

If the reporter who broke the news is correct, Thunder might be out of the Durrant sweeps as a result. Durrant had been courting Horford to sign with the Thunder as his own assurance he'd be staying.

Now that's gone and other offers looking more favorable, Durrant might be gone now.

Ruien 07-02-2016 10:48 PM

Hope Durrant goes to the Celtics. Really want to Cavs to have an actual playoff oppenent before the finals.

Bad News Gertner 07-03-2016 08:20 AM

Jazz sign Joe Johnson. Nice move.

Ruien 07-03-2016 11:12 AM

Jazz should make the playoffs this year. Doubt the Mavs will get in. Houston might miss out too. Hoping New Orleans puts on a better showing this year.

All in all it does not matter. Will only be like 4 serious contenders like always.

Emperor Smeat 07-03-2016 10:15 PM

According to ESPN and league sources, the Durrant sweeps are down to the Warriors, Thunder, and Cs. Depending on reports, its either between Thunder vs Cs or Thunder vs Warriors for his final decision.

Evil Vito 07-03-2016 11:22 PM

If he goes to the Warriors there's not even a point to having a season next year.

Ruien 07-03-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 4829523)
If he goes to the Warriors there's not even a point to having a season next year.

I would love to see if they could win 80 games.

Evil Vito 07-04-2016 12:08 PM

Aaaaaand Durant is going to the Warriors.

My interest in the NBA has waned more and more as the years have gone on, but this the final nail in the coffin. I can't get invested in a sport when there are only 2 teams that are actual contenders to win a title.

DaveWadding 07-04-2016 12:19 PM

Durant is a giant pussy.

Simple Fan 07-04-2016 12:41 PM

I don't think it's a good move. He's pretty much what they already have and doesn't bring anything new to the team. I thought they should have went after Horford or another big, the defiantly didn't need another shooter. Thompson will now get less shots and I'm not sure about it.They needed to get bigger and tougher not add more shooters in my opinion.

Rebirth 07-04-2016 01:11 PM

I know my #1 pick in Fantasy Basketball will be Russel Westbrook now. That dude is probably going to try to average 45 a night. #Heroball82games

Ruien 07-04-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4829606)
I don't think it's a good move. He's pretty much what they already have and doesn't bring anything new to the team. I thought they should have went after Horford or another big, the defiantly didn't need another shooter. Thompson will now get less shots and I'm not sure about it.They needed to get bigger and tougher not add more shooters in my opinion.

They will get rid of Barnes and just take shots away from some bench players. Now they have a player that can take the ball and play is basketball then they need it (which isn't that many times but they still could have used it a few times against Cleveland).

Simple Fan 07-04-2016 02:20 PM

Barnes and Bogut are rumored to be heading to Dallas. I could see Dirk coming to GS but I still don't think that is enough toughness inside.

ClockShot 07-04-2016 02:55 PM

Durant to the Warriors. Hope he knows that Stephen Curry's team.

WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW, PHIL JACKSON!?

Crimson 07-04-2016 03:57 PM

Durant you giant bitch. OkC was a beast team if you returned. Pieces were in place to take out the Warriors with Oladipo coming in. Guess he just wants to blend in the background with a bunch of shooters instead of being the man. Big puss