TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=124515)

slik 07-20-2013 07:09 PM

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Announced for the summer of 2015 at ComicCon, will be the official sequel to 'Man of Steel'.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18uh.../ku-xlarge.jpg

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/offi...eature-batman/

Corporate CockSnogger 07-20-2013 07:11 PM

Oh. This could very well end up being the first piece of Superman media I've ever seen. Damn you Hollywood.

Kane Knight 07-20-2013 07:36 PM

Emo Superman Returns

Kalyx triaD 07-20-2013 07:39 PM

JKDFNJE KGV QEK'RM K'OWNM'IOF x2

Lock Jaw 07-20-2013 07:43 PM

Hopefully it is better than Man of Steel.

Frank Drebin 07-20-2013 07:43 PM

Pfftt, only me and Kalyx know which issue JKDFNJE KGV QEK'RM K'OWNM'IOF x2 appeared in. All other opinions are worthless and will not be considered.

Kalyx triaD 07-20-2013 08:03 PM

Agreed.

Lock Jaw 07-20-2013 08:40 PM

I was kind of hoping for another solo Superman movie, though. I mean, I am not disappointed by this news or anything.... but yeah.... I had hopes that the Man of Steel sequel could be a great Superman movie now that they have "set the scene".

Lock Jaw 07-20-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4251640)
Pfftt, only me and Kalyx know which issue JKDFNJE KGV QEK'RM K'OWNM'IOF x2 appeared in. All other opinions are worthless and will not be considered.

Is he related to Mr. Mxyzptlk?

VSG 07-20-2013 09:04 PM

OH MY!

XCaliber 07-20-2013 09:13 PM

Not sure I like the idea of this being a direct sequel but regardless it will be interesting to see who is cast as The Batman and btw I prefer the following logo even though it was intended to be Routh's Supeman.

http://www.cinemaspy.com/img/user/ba...perman_250.jpg

Emperor Smeat 07-20-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4251679)
I was kind of hoping for another solo Superman movie, though. I mean, I am not disappointed by this news or anything.... but yeah.... I had hopes that the Man of Steel sequel could be a great Superman movie now that they have "set the scene".

Might still be possible for the next film to arrive before Batman/Superman since Warner Bros original or current plans were to speed up the filming process for the Superman reboot set and not follow the slower process from the Dark Knight set.

Lock Jaw 07-20-2013 10:07 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J-yVEbQa3wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skippord 07-20-2013 10:08 PM

Jack Huston 4 Batman

DaveWadding 07-20-2013 10:37 PM

Will wait and see about this. Superman sucks and I loved Christian Bale's Batman in the most homosexual way possible.

Nowhere Man 07-20-2013 11:32 PM

This has the potential to be incredible. I mean, the way that Man of Steel ended--what with the catastrophic fight and half the city being destroyed--does kind of open an opportunity for a smarter, more strategically minded hero to try and smack some sense into him, as sort of a "come on, you know better" sort of way. Considering all of the critics kept bitching and moaning about how Man of Steel was too destructive and that Superman was reckless and violent, this could be an effective way to to an in-character retcon, basically forcing Superman to fight with his smarts as well as his power and get better at the whole "being the world's most powerful superhero" thing. And then presumably the two of them would team up to take on, say, Brainiac or a properly-done Lex Luthor (or preferably both).

Kalyx triaD 07-20-2013 11:43 PM

I'm annoyed at the whole destruction thing since a) that kind of destruction happened in a great many Superman comics, b) he's just barely 'Superman' at that point and his Pro-Life Code and classic battle strategy of a seasoned hero can't be expected of a guy's first day on the job.

Nowhere Man 07-20-2013 11:49 PM

I agree--and two other points on that: first off, the vast majority of the destruction that everyone's been whining about was from the World Engine, not from the fight itself--and secondly, after going back and watching it again, most (not all, but far and away the majority) of the building-smashing and whatnot was Zod, with Superman on the receiving end of the damage.

Unfortunately, common perception tends to have more weight than what actually happens in the movie, so the general consensus was that Superman just clumsily smashes buildings and kills everyone without a care in the world.

Kalyx triaD 07-21-2013 12:01 AM

Another thing that grinds my gears about the destruction argument is how in the event Superman and the General would have failed it would be complete and utter destruction and more than likely genocide from a deranged and pissed off alien.

So they can keep showing those cute infographs about how much the battle cost and how many people died, since I'm sure Krypton would love to suffer those stats.

Kane Knight 07-21-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man (Post 4251773)
This has the potential to be incredible. I mean, the way that Man of Steel ended--what with the catastrophic fight and half the city being destroyed--does kind of open an opportunity for a smarter, more strategically minded hero to try and smack some sense into him, as sort of a "come on, you know better" sort of way. Considering all of the critics kept bitching and moaning about how Man of Steel was too destructive and that Superman was reckless and violent, this could be an effective way to to an in-character retcon, basically forcing Superman to fight with his smarts as well as his power and get better at the whole "being the world's most powerful superhero" thing. And then presumably the two of them would team up to take on, say, Brainiac or a properly-done Lex Luthor (or preferably both).

I like the Batmentor thing. Plus, he's Batman, so he can probably educate Clark on what it means to be a Kryptonian and how to best use his powers.

alvarado52 07-21-2013 02:16 AM

So, how close do you think they get to Dark Knight Returns territory?

Nowhere Man 07-21-2013 02:28 AM

I figure they'll say a line or two from it when Batman inevitably beats Superman since A) he's the fan favorite and B) generally speaking it's more satisfying to see the clever underdog beat the super-powerful demigod. My guess, though, is that the Superman/Batman fight won't be the finale--it'll probably be the end of the second act, after which they'll team up to fight the bigger villain in the end.

Blitz 07-21-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 4251626)
Emo Superman Returns

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4251639)
Hopefully it is better than Man of Steel.

Terrible posts.

Ready for this.

dronepool 07-21-2013 07:34 AM

Man of Steel was the best Superman movie so I hope this comes out good and not cheesy or rushed.

parkmania 07-21-2013 08:26 AM

Gotta say, I'd love to see a Crisis-type event with Dean Cain and Tom Welling playing other realities' Supermen, and any number of the movie Batmen reprising their roles also.

Lock Jaw 07-21-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkmania (Post 4252116)
Gotta say, I'd love to see a Crisis-type event with Dean Cain and Tom Welling playing other realities' Supermen, and any number of the movie Batmen reprising their roles also.

That would be pretty f'n amazing, but would never happen.

Kalyx triaD 07-21-2013 02:47 PM

I'd die of a heart attack. A similar 'never happening' event would be the MCU getting Fox's X-men cast and Sony's new Spidey. Also live-action Marvel vs DC with all the current actors, from Mark Ruffulo to Steven Amell.

Nowhere Man 07-21-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 4251836)
I like the Batmentor thing. Plus, he's Batman, so he can probably educate Clark on what it means to be a Kryptonian and how to best use his powers.

I don't necessarily think Batman would be in a 'mentor' role, so much as a rival that would force Clark to step up his game via competition. Any education Bruce would give Superman would be the hard way.

Kane Knight 07-21-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4251969)
Terrible posts.

Emo Blitz.

Kane Knight 07-21-2013 08:00 PM

Though thinking about that, it sounds rather redundant.

Blitz 07-21-2013 11:09 PM

Calling one of your posts terrible isn't emo. It's a rather joyous thing, really.

Fignuts 07-22-2013 04:39 AM

lol blitz is pretty far from emo last I checked.

Kane Knight 07-22-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4252573)
Calling one of your posts terrible isn't emo. It's a rather joyous thing, really.

Cheer up, kitten.

mitchables 07-22-2013 06:16 AM

he's not even a little bit sad, what is wrong with you

Kane Knight 07-22-2013 07:16 AM

That is for a panel of qualified therapists to decide.

Damian Rey 07-22-2013 07:31 PM

Not excited for this, at all. A sequel two years later is a little quick, and it's really quick to be rebooting Batman, which just came out a year ago. Add to that I didn't care much at all for the Man of Steel effort, and I'm feeling really underwhelmed about this.

Kalyx triaD 07-22-2013 07:36 PM

You should probably avoid it then, because they're totally doing it.

Damian Rey 07-22-2013 08:08 PM

Lol, I'll keep an open, of course. Just feel like Supes deserves a real sequel, not a team up, and a new Batman deserves his own film to build him and his new world up before they rush him into an obvious cash move.

mitchables 07-22-2013 08:18 PM

the problem dc faces with this whole "wider universe" thing is that they're well, well behind where marvel is presently, so if they wait any longer, they're going to well and truly miss the wave of interest that they need to buoy such a venture, but rushing it is an equally treacherous position. arguably they're already trailing so far behind that they may as well wait 10-15 years before trying it at all.

and as much as i love batman and superman, i'm so tired of those two being the only people they ever really make films about. they have a world of great characters and they just don't put the faith in their back-up players (or even the female member of the trinity) that marvel did, much to their detriment.

they're just like "oh, green lantern didn't do so well, so screw wonder woman/the flash/martian manhunter/aquaman/hawkgirl/anyone else that isn't batman or superman", and it seems like a huge misstep and a waste.

Damian Rey 07-22-2013 08:56 PM

It is huge. From what I'm told from a friend at work who is a much bigger comic aficionado than I, Iron Man wasn't particularly popular the way he is now before the first film came out. Marvel took a chance on the film and it paid off, largely because they invested in the character and everything else came second. WB seems to miss that point, outside of Batman, which I think they got extremely lucky with, since they have yet to replicate any semblance of the success that the DK trilogy had.

Which sucks, because their animated films show that Green Lantern can be ood and fun, and Flash and WW are filled with potential.