TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rusev, Lana, and Aiden are all less over since the break up (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135846)

Savio 01-03-2019 10:26 PM

Rusev, Lana, and Aiden are all less over since the break up

Even with Rusev being champ I kinda feel "so what?" about it. It doesn't help that for the past 2-3 weeks he hasn't given good promos.

Just my opinion

Anybody Thrilla 01-03-2019 10:33 PM

Probably because of how stupid the break up story was. And the fact that Aiden has done literally nothing since. I think WWE had no idea why they were working as a unit. There should have at least been a tag title run and a longer Rusev singles title run before the split, I think.

Savio 01-03-2019 10:34 PM

Or no split at all. It's not like Aiden needed to turn heel.

Anybody Thrilla 01-03-2019 10:39 PM

It could have been based on Aiden thinking that he was more help for Rusev professionally than Lana ever was
That's why those title reigns I mentioned would have happened. You also could have had Lana be the distraction to end both reigns. They kinda went the other way, though. Egregious error.

Anybody Thrilla 01-03-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5210855)
Or no split at all. It's not like Aiden needed to turn heel.

That would have been fine too, but I mean, if they were EVER going to do a split, they could have waited a MUCH longer time. At least until RUSEV DAY manifested into something more than a chant with some actual credibility.

Rammsteinmad 01-03-2019 11:16 PM

Just typical WWE all over. No long-term planning. Felt like they were making that storyline up on a weekly basis and after a few weeks they'd just kinda lost interest.

Emperor Smeat 01-03-2019 11:38 PM

Pretty much another example of WWE's trademark ability of not striking while the iron is hot.

Didn't bother to parlay Rusev Day's rising popularity into anything meaningful for Rusev and Aiden while their feud felt rushed and helped neither guy in the end. If this week's promo is any indication, seems they are going more towards a bland babyface route for his US title reign.

Anybody Thrilla 01-04-2019 12:23 AM

The only good thing that can come from the current situation is Andrade Almas dethroning Rusev and having a legendary run with the US title to the point where you start to question if it's actually more prestigious than the WWE title.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-04-2019 12:28 AM

Aiden is. Rusev is US Champ. Happy Rusev Day liar.

Anybody Thrilla 01-04-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5210877)
Aiden is. Rusev is US Champ. Happy Rusev Day liar.

Aiden is what? Less over?

Evil Vito 01-04-2019 05:13 AM

Aiden has been a complete non-factor since the break-up. Why couldn't he have just stayed as Rusev's manager while he wins the US Title?

WWE broke them up for the sake of doing a break-up.

Rammsteinmad 01-04-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5211037)

This.

:nono:

slik 01-04-2019 08:53 AM

The break-up really hurt Aiden, we haven't seen him since. There was no need to break them up at all imo at this time.

erickman 01-04-2019 10:18 AM

so when are there contracts up, with aew out there now aiden or rusev could go there.

xrodmuc316 01-04-2019 06:04 PM

Of course they are, they got over more then planned, then WWE killed it. THEN they slowly try to build Rusev back up by sacrificing Shinsuke's title reign.

WWE refuses to let people get over naturally, and when they do, they are relished even more.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-04-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5211037)
Aiden has been a complete non-factor since the break-up. Why couldn't he have just stayed as Rusev's manager while he wins the US Title?

The breakup was to make Lana the best and Lana number 1 in the stable for his backup.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2019 07:34 PM

This is textbook WWE. It's weird that guys like Rusev get over -- guys they have had the intention of pushing into major roles in the past -- so they punish them. What the fuck does the US Title even mean?