TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Celtics trade for RICKY DAVIS??? WHAT THE **** (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=893)

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-15-2003 04:31 PM

Celtics trade for RICKY DAVIS??? WHAT THE ****

RICKY DAVIS IS A CLOWN

Hes good, but hes a fu</>cking clown..Nice Job Ainge.....1st thing you do is get rid of Walker for some big white stiff who doesn't do shit..now you get Ricky Davis (aka the same guy who tried to throw it off his own backboard for a rebound to get a triple double)

If the Celtics still had Walker..they would be one of the best teams in the East. With Vinny Baker doing work now, they would have 3 15+ point scores and they would actually have a true point guard with Marcus Banks and Mike James.

But now they got this clown Ricky Davis, this is going to get ugly :(

Cassidy 12-15-2003 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sTiMa34
RICKY DAVIS IS A CLOWN

Hes good, but hes a fu</>cking clown..Nice Job Ainge.....1st thing you do is get rid of Walker for some big white stiff who doesn't do shit..now you get Ricky Davis (aka the same guy who tried to throw it off his own backboard for a rebound to get a triple double)

If the Celtics still had Walker..they would be one of the best teams in the East. With Vinny Baker doing work now, they would have 3 15+ point scores and they would actually have a true point guard with Marcus Banks and Mike James.

But now they got this clown Ricky Davis, this is going to get ugly :(

If Davis ever learns to play unselfish basketball, he could actually be quite a good player. But that's a big IF. I think in the long run, this trade will help Cleveland more. Although it was reported that Lebron and Ricky were best of friends on the Cavs. Looks like Mr. James is gonna have to find another friend now. Poor guy. :'(

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-15-2003 04:51 PM

LOL what? I thought they like hated each other :wtf:

Kid Robb 12-15-2003 07:22 PM

I couldn't stand Ricky Davis, one of the most selfish players I've seen in a long time.

Good trade for the Cavs I think, barely, pretty much line ball though imo. Will have to wait and see how some of these guys fit in with their new teams.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-15-2003 11:03 PM

I really think the Cavs just wanted to get rid of Ricky Davis because they know he is an idiot

I'm glad to see Danny Aingle get boo'd tonight when he was announced during Maxwells number retirement thing at halftime

DaveWadding 12-15-2003 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Robb
I couldn't stand Ricky Davis, one of the most selfish players I've seen in a long time.

and you know it's bad when Robb dislikes someone, he's an Aussie. :D

err....right! :D

Corkscrewed 12-16-2003 02:05 AM

But didn't Antoine Walker kind of never deliver? I don't pay attention to Boston that much, so you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but in the playoffs when it counted, he sort of disappeared.

Cassidy 12-16-2003 02:11 AM

Quote:

LOL what? I thought they like hated each other :wtf:

I actually heard that too. I've also heard that they were pretty close friends too. Either way, it doesent really matter anymore...Peace Ricky, have fun in Boston :wave:

The Outlaw 12-16-2003 02:32 AM

I read somewhere that Ricky and LeBron were in fact pretty close.

VonErich Lives 12-16-2003 02:43 AM

Where's Tree Rollings... Danny needs to be bitten again... WTF...
Maybe he'll cut Pierce next.

The Dub 12-17-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

I really think the Cavs just wanted to get rid of Ricky Davis because they know he is an idiot

I'm glad to see Danny Aingle get boo'd tonight when he was announced during Maxwells number retirement thing at halftime

Yeah, I agree that they were trying to get rid of Ricky Davis. He was basically asking to be traded after that botched triple-double debacle.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-17-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkscrewed
But didn't Antoine Walker kind of never deliver? I don't pay attention to Boston that much, so you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but in the playoffs when it counted, he sort of disappeared.

Ahh sort of, Kenyon Martin shut him down last year in the playoffs.

But I think a lot of that had to do with the fact there was no true point on the roster. The year before that, when they had Kenny Anderson they did a lot better..and they still only had 2 consistant scorers.

This season, with Vinny B coming back to life, and a true point guard, I think it would have worked out a lot better. Plus I can understand trading Walker if they wanted..but I mean they didnt get equal talent back IMO.

Welsh has been doing good and I'm pretty sure he came over in that trade, but hes not even close to Antoine

Gertner 12-17-2003 05:51 PM

ricky davis = no defence

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-17-2003 09:08 PM

he caught a sick ally oop just now

Hopefully this works out for the best..I don't know though

The Outlaw 12-18-2003 01:05 AM

He's a player. If he didn't take stupid shots and had a better attitude, it would be a near PERFECT addition for the Celts.

Kid Robb 12-18-2003 07:42 AM

My oath Dave, not good at all :D

Even though they lost, Battie, Williams and Brown were solid. Might work out well for the James Gang.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-18-2003 03:57 PM

Honestly though, Ricky Davis a really athletic/high flying type of player...something they haven't had in a long time.

Battie isnt that big of a loss, he was a good player but they got guys to can easily fill his shoes. Williams was an underrated player and he'll be the toughest guy to lose from this trade..but his scoring (plus more) will be replaced by Ricky Davis atleast. Brown was burried on the bench here and never really panned out so i'm not too worried about him leaving.

I don't know, i was kinda pissed off about this trade at 1st but maybe it will workout.

BCWWF 12-18-2003 04:34 PM

Well Boston had to do something if they wanted any chance at winning a title, or even make the finals or the playoffs. They weren't going to do it with their old team, why not mix some things up eh?

Sometimes you just have to take risks on Ricky Davis type players.