TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Charlotte is unworthy of participating in the main event of Wrestlemania (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135951)

OmletteDuFromage 02-04-2019 11:32 AM

Charlotte is unworthy of participating in the main event of Wrestlemania

I haven't met a single person who's clamoring for her to be a participant in the women's title match at Wrestlemania. It will only water down the organically formed dream match scenario.

Sixx 02-04-2019 11:44 AM

Why would a woman be main eventing Wrestlemania?

Lock Jaw 02-04-2019 11:44 AM

I think no.... but I wouldn't be torn up or butthurt about it if she did get put in the mix.

RP 02-04-2019 11:54 AM

Mandy Rose vs Alexa Bliss should Main Event Wrestlemania.

GD 02-04-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixxT9 (Post 5222510)
Why would a woman be main eventing Wrestlemania?

Expecting Rollins to dethrone Lesnar and become Universal Champion for the first time. Have his Shield brethren celebrate his victory and do a "curtain call of sorts" before Dean Ambrose rides into the sunset.

Sixx 02-04-2019 12:07 PM

What are you talking about?

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-04-2019 12:24 PM

Yeah Vs. Asuka For Smackdown title.

She taps out.

Black Widow 02-04-2019 12:31 PM

Sure just long as she don't win and Becky does.

Fignuts 02-04-2019 02:29 PM

She's not unworthy but she shouldn't be in it this year. Should be all about Becky and Ronda.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-04-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5222549)
She's not unworthy but she shouldn't be in it this year. Should be all about Becky and Ronda.

:yes:

She's probably a better "worker" than both. But it's not her time.

Mind you, I don't expect her to be like "NO VINCE DON'T PUT ME IN A MANIA MAIN EVENT". Shoehorned or not, you take that opportunity.

OverTaker 02-04-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5222515)
Mandy Rose vs Alexa Bliss should Main Event Wrestlemania.

Losers get naked and eat Becky Lynch's ass.

ClockShot 02-04-2019 05:29 PM

Nope. But it's Vinny Mac and Charlotte is his favorite. He can't get over the fact that Becky is super popular among the fans right now.

That's the way it is until further notice.

Emperor Smeat 02-04-2019 05:38 PM

No.

Would make zero sense to water down what is arguably the hottest feud in the company and if WWE isn't careful, Charlotte is eventually going to become the female version of Cena or Reigns with crowds.

Evil Vito 02-04-2019 05:49 PM

No. And if she is added and Vince actually puts her over, the first ever women’s WM main event will end in a chorus of boos.

RP 02-04-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakerLover (Post 5222585)
Losers get naked and eat Becky Lynch's ass.

I like your thinking

xrodmuc316 02-04-2019 07:00 PM

No, she only even turned heel cause Becky got SUPER OVER being edgy then got hurt.

At best this current character of hers is a bootleg version of Becky. That plus Ronda vs Becky feels special. Shoehorning Charlotte into that match for no reason only hurts the feel of that match.

DAMN iNATOR 02-04-2019 08:17 PM

I was thinking this thread was referring to the SD Women's Championship or I'd have voted a solid no. Facing Asuka for the blue brand's belt is good enough for her.

XL 02-05-2019 02:03 PM

I wouldn’t say “unworthy”, she’s pretty great tbf. Just unwanted.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-05-2019 02:44 PM

Not even unwanted. It's just not her story. She has no stake in the match. It's not like Rousey is coming after her for revenge. The story is Becky trying to conquer Rousey. Charlotte doesn't fit in

Damian Rey 2.0 02-05-2019 02:45 PM

In a different year, or next year, if the story works out that way, then sure. She's really fucking good. Just not her year.

Stickman 02-05-2019 03:51 PM

Should be Flair vs Asuka. Asuka as the underdog due to her losing last year. That’s a good storyline. Flair interjected into the Rousey feud was completely unnecessary to begin with.

Evil Vito 02-05-2019 05:22 PM

Yeah, I want Charlotte/Asuka again. If they don't do that - who is there for Asuka to realistically wrestle? Naomi? She's okay but that is quite a step down.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-05-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5222994)
Yeah, I want Charlotte/Asuka again. If they don't do that - who is there for Asuka to realistically wrestle? Naomi? She's okay but that is quite a step down.

Asuka/Ember Moon. They can both go. Huge history and Ember has been lost on Raw.

Charlotte Could face/ Rhea Ripley.

Shayna Baszler.

Nia Jax.

Droford 02-06-2019 03:52 PM

They should just unify the womens titles. Becky vs Ronda winner vs Charlotte vs Asuka winner the womens tag titles are going to be cross brand so the women will be crossing shows

Nicky Fives 02-07-2019 10:15 AM

Originally, my answer would have been yes, as they should have continued the Becky/Charlotte feud with Becky turning face and Charlotte remaining heel and not dropping the title. Becky still could have won the Rumble and challenged Charlotte at Mania and finally won the title in the main event. Booked and hyped properly, I would have had no issue with that.

Now that Charlotte is not champion, there's no reason to shoehorn her into the Becky/Rousey match.... the crowd is turning on Ronda already, so why put Charlotte in there when she's not going to get the type of heat you want on her.

Mr. Nerfect 02-07-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5222549)

:y:

Long-term, her popularity would probably benefit by taking a back seat this Mania anyway. There's a fine story between Ronda and Becky. Charlotte has got other options. She could either challenge Asuka for the SmackDown Title, they could have brought up Baszler to do something as the "seconds," they could run the same thing with Nattie, or they could even have her confront Stephanie McMahon when she tries to get too involved and challenge her or something.

DAMN iNATOR 02-08-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5223104)
Asuka/Ember Moon. They can both go. Huge history and Ember has been lost on Raw.

Charlotte Could face/ Rhea Ripley.

Shayna Baszler.

Nia Jax.

I don't see any more NXT call-ups happening before WM, and Nia's A.) On RAW and B.) A liability who should be fired. At this point, SDL's best move for their Women's Championship is Charlotte/Asuka @ WM 35.

KIRA 02-10-2019 05:57 PM

You know why I know this happening because Roman Reigns no matter how much you didn't want to see it Vince McMahon was there to go you're going to eat this and you're going to like it so prepare to see Charlotte probably beat Becky and Ronda Rousey in the main event