TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ratings Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132687)

#BROKEN Hasney 12-29-2016 10:33 AM

Ratings Thread

WE DID IT GUYS

Quote:

This week's Wild Card Finals episode of WWE Smackdown Live garnered 2,885,000 viewers on the USA Network.

This is up +247,000 viewers from the week prior and the first week ever that a first-run episode of Smackdown averaged more viewers than a first-run episode of WWE Raw.

We saw it coming as Smackdown was closing the gap and with a strong episode loaded with the return of John Cena and multiple title matches, it officially dethroned Raw. In fact, only the first hour of this week's Raw (which averaged 2,974,000 viewers) did more viewers than the average of this week's episode for the blue brand.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-29-2016 10:37 AM

Maybe RAW needs to stop sucking brutal ass.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-29-2016 10:37 AM

Monday Night Snore needs to step up

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-29-2016 10:41 AM

over written, over produced tripe. A bunch of guys out there going through the motions, trying to remember scripted promos doing a bunch of shit they're doing because the writers told them to.

Wrestling has never seemed more fake and that includes marty jennety ascending from a casket on the titantron as an Undertaker body double.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-29-2016 10:42 AM

I think the problem is a lack of energy. Stuff happens, nobody cares, nothing matters.

Big Vic 12-29-2016 10:44 AM

We did it guys, all of our hard work paid off.

Rammsteinmad 12-29-2016 10:47 AM

Does Raw still open with 20 minute Stephanie McMahon/Authority figure promos?

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 10:49 AM

A-Show! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#BROKEN Hasney 12-29-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4906575)

Yup

https://media.giphy.com/media/I3mZQQi5JnkQw/giphy.gif

slik 12-29-2016 10:51 AM

This is a glorious day, The A-Show reigns supreme!

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 10:51 AM

#CancelRaw

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 10:51 AM

#RawBlows

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 10:52 AM

#MondayNightMcDrama

Destor 12-29-2016 11:00 AM

I dont want to derail the circle jerk but man do those number suck

Ruien 12-29-2016 11:01 AM

Lol. Will this change anything on Raw? Maybe they will give Rusev 30 extra minutes of air time :(. If they let Rusev beat Reigns the rating will skyrocket.

Simple Fan 12-29-2016 11:05 AM

I think the Wid Card theme of Smack down this week was pretty good. Instead of having a PPV for both shows every month, the show not doing a PPV could have a themed show like SD did this week. The lower tier PPVs feel like an extra episode of Raw or SD anyway so I think it would make sense.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-29-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4906585)

Oh, I know. Other than a nice Cena bump, this is mostly Raw shitting the bed on a regular basis.

Heisenberg 12-29-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4906567)
over written, over produced tripe. A bunch of guys out there going through the motions, trying to remember scripted promos doing a bunch of shit they're doing because the writers told them to.

Wrestling has never seemed more fake and that includes marty jennety ascending from a casket on the titantron as an Undertaker body double.

I would like to see this Jennetty action actually

Stickman 12-29-2016 12:30 PM

The only things remotely entertaining on raw are Charolette and KO/Y2J

Droford 12-29-2016 12:36 PM

Axelmania is coming back to save RAW..brother

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AXELMANIA IS RUNNING WILD!!!! <a href="https://t.co/eyJDd7P2eB">pic.twitter.com/eyJDd7P2eB</a></p>&mdash; Matt Thomas (@dumpsterm0nkey6) <a href="https://twitter.com/dumpsterm0nkey6/status/813949507700461574">December 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Emperor Smeat 12-29-2016 12:47 PM

Good for Smackdown considering they've been consistently better than RAW since the brand split. Very likely won't last beyond this week but at least the brand gets rewarded for once for being the better flowing show overall.

Simple Fan 12-29-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4906633)
Axelmania is coming back to save RAW..brother

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AXELMANIA IS RUNNING WILD!!!! <a href="https://t.co/eyJDd7P2eB">pic.twitter.com/eyJDd7P2eB</a></p>&mdash; Matt Thomas (@dumpsterm0nkey6) <a href="https://twitter.com/dumpsterm0nkey6/status/813949507700461574">December 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whatcha gonna do when Axelmania runs wild on you.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150522131400

XL 12-29-2016 03:05 PM

Are we ignoring the fact that Raw was on Boxing Day?

Simple Fan 12-29-2016 03:09 PM

Yes because these are USA#1 ratings and we don't celebrate Boxing Day.

Stickman 12-29-2016 03:12 PM

Has this ever happened before?

Corkscrewed 12-29-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 4906713)
Has this ever happened before?

Quote:

This is up +247,000 viewers from the week prior and the first week ever that a first-run episode of Smackdown averaged more viewers than a first-run episode of WWE Raw.

Gerard 12-29-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4906575)

How often does raw start without someone coming to the ring and yapping for 20 minutes? This mad concept of starting a wrestling show with a wrestling match seems to be too much for the geniuses at wwe to figure out. Instead we get to see people recite badly scripted lines that sounds as natural as Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer.

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 03:26 PM

I still think they should just give the first hour of Raw to the cruiserweights instead of spreading their segments randomly throughout the show (and stupidly changing the ropes several times a show as a result).

Used to love Nitro kicking off with a great cruiserweight match. The crowd is always juiced up at the beginning. Then start the "normal" part of Raw at 9 PM.

Cool King 12-29-2016 03:28 PM

I don't know what's making me happy right now.

The news of SmackDown finally beating Raw or the return of Corkscrewed.

Big Vic 12-29-2016 03:33 PM

Most eyes are on Raw at the start of the show. Cruiserweights won't keep their eyes there.

Evil Vito 12-29-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 4906726)
Most eyes are on Raw at the start of the show. Cruiserweights won't keep their eyes there.

They'd stay there if they allowed the cruisers to wrestle matches like they did on the CWC.

Emperor Smeat 12-29-2016 03:42 PM

Could probably put them on for just the 3rd hour as a way to boost that hour but it becomes really dependent on how well the first two hours were.

If those hours were really bad, Cruises won't do anything to fix it but if the show is at least pretty decent, could be a way to keep the show's momentum going till the end.

In WCW's case, the reason it worked very well for the first hour was because WCW rarely cared about that hour so the Cruisers were perfect to keep the crowd pumped till the real show started. In the WWE's case, they pretty much just care about the start of the hours and the main event for RAW.

Damian Rey 2.0 12-29-2016 03:47 PM

I have always felt that the shows should be segmented by hours and who's featured based on pecking order.

Hour 1 consists of the cruisers and tag division, hour 2 consists of the women and mid card title, hour 3 has the upper mid card and main event scene guys.

You build towards the focal point of the show and pay it off at the end. You don't give away your main event stories and promos in the beginning. You use that time to clue the viewer in on what lies ahead and highlight the bottom of the card talent to help get them over and create interest.

This doesn't mean you can't sprinkle in backstage cut scenes to help move the plot of the show. But it does give a concrete direction in which to structure it and time for the whole roster to be utilized.

Feel like the big names shouldn't be coming out to open the show with a drawn out promo unless it's for something really important. Running your authority figures out there to start the show each week just waters down the importance of giving them mic time.

KIRA 12-29-2016 04:16 PM

Fuckin A-SHOW!

RP 12-29-2016 06:21 PM

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/J2SGGSraugCLC" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/wwe-wrestling-swimming-J2SGGSraugCLC">via GIPHY</a></p>

RP 12-29-2016 06:24 PM

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/4jfZIeSAFBBx6" width="480" height="432" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/wwe-awesome-4jfZIeSAFBBx6">via GIPHY</a></p>

RP 12-29-2016 06:29 PM

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/l0HlI55hoyYjEEnMA" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-l0HlI55hoyYjEEnMA">via GIPHY</a></p>

Danny Electric 12-30-2016 05:55 AM

Doesn't a constant drop in Raw ratings usually lead to Vince thinking he needs to make some on-air appearances?

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-30-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 4906940)
Doesn't a constant drop in Raw ratings usually lead to Vince thinking he needs to make some on-air appearances?

Yes.

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-30-2016 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 4906775)
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/J2SGGSraugCLC" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/wwe-wrestling-swimming-J2SGGSraugCLC">via GIPHY</a></p>

What if he didn't save Trump. :fu: Hogan

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-30-2016 09:08 AM

I way prefer roided up Hogan

Anybody Thrilla 12-30-2016 03:09 PM

Well, it was a very, very good Smackdown. They earned it.

Sting Fan 12-30-2016 06:16 PM

I must admit I only really watch Smackdown nowadays, Raw feels so forced and theres not really anyone there I want to watch.

So does the Raw ratings plummeting bring back Vince or HHH? Quite excited for HHH to come in completely out pof left field, squash all before him and unite all the titles in Raw before moving onto Smackdown and ending this version of the brand split. Mainly for the internet backlash, partially for the fact it might speed up WWE decline.

unclebrown 12-30-2016 10:27 PM

HHH will come back at the Rumble and cost Rollins a chance to win the title. The seeds are all planted.

Mr. Nerfect 12-31-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4906585)

Yeah, I was about to say, this has more to do with RAW being down than SmackDown being up.

A.J.K 01-02-2017 06:53 PM

Broken Hardy would be the man to save Raw.

KIRA 01-02-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4907354)
Yeah, I was about to say, this has more to do with RAW being down than SmackDown being up.

A win is a win.

Stop trying to ruin this with facts and context

slik 02-07-2017 05:47 PM

Raw ratings take a tumble from last week's high...

Quote:

credit - wrestlingobserver

WWE numbers fell from last week, which isn't a story because the Monday after Royal Rumble is likely to be one of the two or three highest rated shows of the year.

But what was a surprise was how far they tumbled, as last night's show averaged 3.10 million viewers. To put that number into perspective, only five shows in 2016 outside of football season were lower.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.34 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.17 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.84 million viewers

#BROKEN Hasney 02-09-2017 11:00 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4OmtSUWAAIkkok.jpg

The CyNick 02-09-2017 11:47 AM

For WWE and USA the key is comparing what WWE drives in terms of viewers vs the rest of USA.

Most important for WWE is how much higher their bar is than the rest of top 25 cable. This ensures WWE will have multiple strong offers when renewal talks happen.

These points are usually glossed over by the wrestling bloggers and their disciples on forums like this this one.

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 01:01 PM

Lol... Top 25 reflects average U.S. national ratings from over a year ago and excludes broadcast and premium networks.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925678)
Lol... Top 25 reflects average U.S. national ratings from over a year ago and excludes broadcast and premium networks.

It compares the same time period as RAW and SDL ratings. Of course broadcast would be excluded from cable ratings because they are different animals.

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925681)
It compares the same time period as RAW and SDL ratings. Of course broadcast would be excluded from cable ratings because they are different animals.

:lol:

Not if you want a true objective picture and valuation. I do audits and valuations on music, film and television IP all the time in order to negotiate rights deals and/or sales contracts. They have the numbers and are excluding them for a reason but it's not because "they are different animals."

Vince and his family might think or want to believe that "they are different animals" so it doesn't matter, but I can guarantee you that when USA or any other network does an audit to determine a valuation for the next TV rights deal with WWE, it will absolutely include everything missing in that data.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925684)

Not if you want a true objective picture and valuation. I do audits and valuations on music, film and television IP all the time in order to negotiate rights deals and/or sales contracts. They have the numbers and are excluding them for a reason but it's not because "they are different animals."

Vince and his family might think or want to believe that "they are different animals" so it doesn't matter, but I can guarantee you that when USA or any other network does an audit to determine a valuation for the next TV rights deal with WWE, it will absolutely include everything missing in that data.

You must not be paying attention to these negotiations.

If your statement is Network TV rights fees are generally higher than cable, you would be correct, because they draw a larger audience. Most people know that.

When it comes to ratings, you don't see it listed as every TV show ranked against one another. Ratings are ranked with cable separated from Network. Because it's apples and oranges.

WWE could negotiate with the major networks, but the networks would look at WWEs numbers and likely take a pass. WWE we assume will be negotiating with USA and other cable outlets. USA is not worried about their standing vs say ABC, but they are worried about their standing vs ESPN. The negotiations will centre around what WWE will do for USAs overall standing vs other cable networks. If for example, WWEs five hours of content pulls USAs weekly average over the top 25 average, then that puts WWE in a good position. Likewise a cable network below the average will look at WWEs numbers and think this might be a way to get them above the industry average. Of course it comes down to a numbers game of how much are those additional eyeballs worth. In the Attitude Era, not much, because the WWE was seen in a more negative light. Now with the clean up of the product, you have advertisers lining up to be involved with WWE, which will raise their value even more as more can be charged for ad time.

I'm happy to continue to school you on how the industry works if you'd like to PM me.

Destor 02-09-2017 01:49 PM

Cynik wants this to go to PM becuase he doesnt want to get burried in public

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925688)
You must not be paying attention to these negotiations.

If your statement is Network TV rights fees are generally higher than cable, you would be correct, because they draw a larger audience. Most people know that.

When it comes to ratings, you don't see it listed as every TV show ranked against one another. Ratings are ranked with cable separated from Network. Because it's apples and oranges.

WWE could negotiate with the major networks, but the networks would look at WWEs numbers and likely take a pass. WWE we assume will be negotiating with USA and other cable outlets. USA is not worried about their standing vs say ABC, but they are worried about their standing vs ESPN. The negotiations will centre around what WWE will do for USAs overall standing vs other cable networks. If for example, WWEs five hours of content pulls USAs weekly average over the top 25 average, then that puts WWE in a good position. Likewise a cable network below the average will look at WWEs numbers and think this might be a way to get them above the industry average. Of course it comes down to a numbers game of how much are those additional eyeballs worth. In the Attitude Era, not much, because the biggest WWE was seen in a more negative light. Now with the clean up of the product, you have advertisers lining up to be involved with WWE, which will raise their value even more as more can be charged for ad dollars.

I'm happy to continue to school you on how the industry works if you'd like to PM me.

I'm not talking about how the ratings industry works, I understand how it works.

I'm talking about how the auditing and valuation of IP works when it comes to negotiating rights deals, which you clearly know nothing about.

I guarantee you that USA or any other potential network that might want WWE's TV rights, whether it's cable, broadcast, doesn't matter... when determining valuation of WWE's TV rights deal (what they should pay WWE) they will look and compare WWE's ratings with more than just other shows/networks in whichever format (whether they're broadcast, cable, etc.) they compete with. They will absolutely compare WWE's ratings with ALL networks, whether broadcast, cable, whatever. Not only will USA or any other network that offers for WWE's TV rights, require WWE to submit their own audit and expect to see WWE's ratings in comparison with ALL networks in WWE's own audit that they will submit, but they will also require WWE to consent and allow the network to perform their own audit (either internally and/or with an outside independent auditor) that will include a comparison in WWE's ratings with ALL networks. Without those comparisons, you won't get a true and accurate valuation of WWE's television rights.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that has been and will continue to be the case in the future, not just for WWE, but for any rights deals for any television shows.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4925689)
Cynik wants this to go to PM becuase he doesnt want to get burried in public

I'm happy to debate this in public. Anyone who is objective will see I'm right.

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925709)

If you were objective, you would understand that in determining a true, accurate and independent valuation of WWE's television rights, comparing WWE's ratings vs. ALL networks and not just cable is vitally important. As an attorney who works alongside those same type of folks everyday, I can assure you that the CPAs and attorneys and the execs at USA and all the other networks do. That's why they have those jobs.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925690)

I'm not talking about how the ratings industry works, I understand how it works.

I'm talking about how the auditing and valuation of IP works when it comes to negotiating rights deals, which you clearly know nothing about.

I guarantee you that USA or any other potential network that might want WWE's TV rights, whether it's cable, broadcast, doesn't matter... when determining valuation of WWE's TV rights deal (what they should pay WWE) they will look and compare WWE's ratings with more than just other shows/networks in whichever format (whether they're broadcast, cable, etc.) they compete with. They will absolutely compare WWE's ratings with ALL networks, whether broadcast, cable, whatever. Not only will USA or any other network that offers for WWE's TV rights, require WWE to submit their own audit and expect to see WWE's ratings in comparison with ALL networks in WWE's own audit that they will submit, but they will also require WWE to consent and allow the network to perform their own audit (either internally and/or with an outside independent auditor) that will include a comparison in WWE's ratings with ALL networks. Without those comparisons, you won't get a true and accurate valuation of WWE's television rights.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that has been and will continue to be the case in the future, not just for WWE, but for any rights deals for any television shows.

You're making it sound more complicated than it is, and you buried the lead, which is ratings are measured cable vs cable and Network vs Network. You made the comment that WWE was lol because they didn't include Network numbers in their chart. But that's how ratings are compared in the industry. It seems like after reading my post and getting educated, you realized your error and went on a rant about irrelevant information.

I also find it funny that you seem to think WWE owns their TV rating information, when in reality is owned by a third party, and anyone with access to the Internet can find the data you were taking about. Pretty interesting insight from an insider though.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4917754)
I'm not above lying to make it look like I know what I'm talking about.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925711)

If you were objective, you would understand that in determining a true, accurate and independent valuation of WWE's television rights, comparing WWE's ratings vs. ALL networks and not just cable is vitally important. As an attorney who works alongside those same type of folks everyday, I can assure you that the CPAs and attorneys and the execs at USA and all the other networks do. That's why they have those jobs.

The chart didn't say we're 90% higher than the average, therefore we get $100M more per year. It just compared their cable TV properties vs USAs CABLE TV PROPERTIES and then compared that to ALL CABLE TV PROPERTIES. This resulted in you going lol. Because you didn't understand how TV shows are measured.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:27 PM

Look, it's a guy who only exists because I exist.

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925714)
You're making it sound more complicated than it is, and you buried the lead, which is ratings are measured cable vs cable and Network vs Network. You made the comment that WWE was lol because they didn't include Network numbers in their chart. But that's how ratings are compared in the industry. It seems like after reading my post and getting educated, you realized your error and went on a rant about irrelevant information.

I also find it funny that you seem to think WWE owns their TV rating information, when in reality is owned by a third party, and anyone with access to the Internet can find the data you were taking about. Pretty interesting insight from an insider though.

Way to miss the point. If you think that negotiating TV rights fees is simple, you're dumber than you seem.

I realize that WWE doesn't own their TV rating info, but anyone who negotiates with WWE for TV rights will expect WWE to present an audit and summary report with info of all of their TV ratings in comparison to all , production costs and more. Then the networks will perform an independent audit as well which WWE will have to consent to.

In performing an audit to determine valuation of WWE's TV rights, USA won't care how ratings are measured and presented to the public. They'll take the ratings data and use their own index and formula for determining valuation of WWE TV rights based on WWE's ratings in comparison to ratings of ALL other shows/networks as well as numerous other factors.

All the ratings data show is how WWE did vs other shows/networks. That's not the same as utilizing the ratings data in conjunction with other data and factors in order to determine a valuation of WWE's TV rights. The fact that you don't understand this concept is proof you don't know what you're talking about.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-09-2017 03:43 PM

Ratings? What do we got ova here? A cuppa...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lhF1xqFpBfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS!

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925717)
The chart didn't say we're 90% higher than the average, therefore we get $100M more per year. It just compared their cable TV properties vs USAs CABLE TV PROPERTIES and then compared that to ALL CABLE TV PROPERTIES. This resulted in you going lol. Because you didn't understand how TV shows are measured.

I understand how TV shows are measured. That's not the issue here.

What you don't seem to understand is how and why USA will absolutely compare WWE's ratings to ALL other shows/networks and why WWE leaving out critical ratings data doesn't show the whole picture of WWE's TV rights valuation which is all USA and WWE really care about.

I wasn't saying LOL WWE ratings are even worse than this chart shows because they're leaving out ratings info. The chart itself is LOL because it leaves out ratings info critical to WWE's financial health. WWE business affairs folks know it and USA and any other networks know it.

Ruien 02-09-2017 03:52 PM

Do you people care about the rating Arrow or whatever other shows you watch? Why does this matter so much to people? Serious questions.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-09-2017 03:54 PM

TV shows like that can get cancelled in the rating suck so they are more important. WWE makes too much money for the ratings to really matter until TV contract and it has nothing to do with us as it won't be cancelled.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925724)
The fact that you don't understand this concept is proof you don't know what you're talking about.

Another pretty solid piece of evidence...

Quote:

Feel like I need to clarify that this isn't me doing that lame thing where you edit someone's post to show what you think they're REALLY saying. That is an actual quote from another time when he got caught bullshitting. The guy basically summed up his entire gimmick for everyone to see just in case someone still took him seriously. lol

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925724)

Way to miss the point. If you think that negotiating TV rights fees is simple, you're dumber than you seem.

I realize that WWE doesn't own their TV rating info, but anyone who negotiates with WWE for TV rights will expect WWE to present an audit and summary report with info of all of their TV ratings in comparison to all , production costs and more. Then the networks will perform an independent audit as well which WWE will have to consent to.

In performing an audit to determine valuation of WWE's TV rights, USA won't care how ratings are measured and presented to the public. They'll take the ratings data and use their own index and formula for determining valuation of WWE TV rights based on WWE's ratings in comparison to ratings of ALL other shows/networks as well as numerous other factors.

All the ratings data show is how WWE did vs other shows/networks. That's not the same as utilizing the ratings data in conjunction with other data and factors in order to determine a valuation of WWE's TV rights. The fact that you don't understand this concept is proof you don't know what you're talking about.

You must be a lawyer, because you're making something simple very complicated. USA doesn't care what production costs WWE has unless WWE is trying to negotiate that USA pay for part or all of production. Then sure, you need to do a deep dive into costs. But you keep moving the goal posts. First it was lol at WWE for showing cable ratings, then it was they need to submit their "ratings audit", which isn't a real thing, now you're clutching on to production costs.

Put everything else aside, just explain why it's lol for WWE to show a slide comparing their cable properties to other cable properties. That's all I need to hear about.

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4925729)
Do you people care about the rating Arrow or whatever other shows you watch? Why does this matter so much to people? Serious questions.

If it's a show I like and want to see continue then yes, I'll try and keep up with the ratings.

I don't really follow WWE's ratings though and only learn about the ratings themselves through discussions on here.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4925729)

I enjoyed WWE far more after I stopped concerning myself with their weekly ratings. My role in this whole thing is to help the uneducated learn about how WWE can have declining ratings and still be in a great position to negotiate rights fees.

Destor 02-09-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925709)

LOL

Anyone who is objective will see you're right? You just created a falicy. If you go into the argument with the pretense you cant be wrong you then are not objective. Therefor you yourself can not define right or wrong.

Simple Fan 02-09-2017 03:58 PM

CyNick has the worst comprehension. Also asking people to look at his post objectively while his post are completely subjective is kind of funny.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 03:59 PM

Besides, we all know ratings don't matter. Social media is where it's at! (Where WWE is getting DUMMIED by YouTube sensation PewDiePie!)

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4925731)
Another pretty solid piece of evidence...

Feel like I need to clarify that this isn't me doing that lame thing where you edit someone's post to show what you think they're REALLY saying. That is an actual quote from another time when he got caught bullshitting. The guy basically summed up his entire gimmick for everyone to see just in case someone still took him seriously. lol

You understand why The Rock was never arrested for threatening to sodomize someone with a shoe, right?

That quote you love to use was a joke, but not shockingly, you failed to grasp that.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4925735)
LOL

Anyone who is objective will see you're right? You just created a falicy. If you go into the argument with the pretense you cant be wrong you then are not objective. Therefor you yourself can not define right or wrong.

When it comes to this stuff, I'm always right. People who are objective will back me up. People who live solely to disagree with me, will say otherwise. It's up to you to decide what's right.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4925737)
Besides, we all know ratings don't matter. Social media is where it's at! (Where WWE is getting DUMMIED by YouTube sensation PewDiePie!)

I have no idea what that is, but I'm glad you found something that gives you joy.

Money is all that matters. WWE just posted their best revenue year ever. I'm not sure what that thing you mentioned is worth.

Destor 02-09-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925739)
When it comes to this stuff, I'm always right. People who are objective will back me up. People who live solely to disagree with me, will say otherwise. It's up to you to decide what's right.

Easily the most ignorant post of all time

Destor 02-09-2017 04:08 PM

Wait. That was bait. Nvrmnd. Well played. Troll's gonna troll.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-09-2017 04:09 PM

Snowday-a-mania.

Neeeeeeeeerds

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925738)
You understand why The Rock was never arrested for threatening to sodomize someone with a shoe, right?

That quote you love to use was a joke, but not shockingly, you failed to grasp that.

Except it was your response to being called out on blatantly contradicting yourself. It's not like you "made a joke" and then actually explained yourself. That was your only response. And it's an accurate response. Because sometimes you get so deep into spouting retarded bullshit that you can't even bullshit your way out of being called out on it. So when that happens, it's time to just admit...

Quote:

You were probably better off just not responding when you got called out and just hoping no one noticed. Especially if you're an internet troll, letting that be your response was a huge fucking fail. lol

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925732)
You must be a lawyer, because you're making something simple very complicated. USA doesn't care what production costs WWE has unless WWE is trying to negotiate that USA pay for part or all of production. Then sure, you need to do a deep dive into costs. But you keep moving the goal posts. First it was lol at WWE for showing cable ratings, then it was they need to submit their "ratings audit", which isn't a real thing, now you're clutching on to production costs.

Put everything else aside, just explain why it's lol for WWE to show a slide comparing their cable properties to other cable properties. That's all I need to hear about.

I already have. The same reason why it's "lol at WWE for showing cable ratings". It's not an accurate reflection on the valuation of their TV rights nor overall financial health.

Plus a ratings audit is very much a real thing. Just not in the way you're thinking or misrepresenting it.

Any negotiations dealing with WWE's TV rights will require performance and presentation of at least 2 audits, (one provided by WWE and one by the negotiating network or an independent auditor) of which the audits will include among many other things, WWE's TV ratings data compared to ALL other networks/shows. The Nielsen ratings data provided by WWE in their audit will be compared to the Nielsen ratings data gathered by the network or independent auditor to see if there's any falsifications or mistakes in WWE's presentation of the Nielsen data. This ratings data will then be reconciled or accepted and used to determine a valuation of WWE's TV rights.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4925742)
Easily the most ignorant post of all time

If you knew my background, and knew my intelligence, and my experience you would understand why I'm perfectly justified saying that.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-09-2017 04:17 PM

But what was their net gain? Batman v Superman was a high revenue movie, but nearly flopped due to actual profit.

Is WWE making their best profit? Isn't profit, not revenue, most important?

Damian Rey 2.0 02-09-2017 04:20 PM

Feel like CyNick is the Donald Trump of the boards. He's got intelligence, the best intelligence, he has experience, wonderful experience, but he doesn't really show any tangible data or facts.

He says things factually, but nothing is presented to back it up.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4925747)
I already have. The same reason why it's "lol at WWE for showing cable ratings". It's not an accurate reflection on the valuation of their TV rights nor overall financial health.

Plus a ratings audit is very much a real thing. Just not in the way you're thinking or misrepresenting it.

Any negotiations dealing with WWE's TV rights will require performance and presentation of at least 2 audits, (one provided by WWE and one by the negotiating network or an independent auditor) of which the audits will include among many other things, WWE's TV ratings data compared to ALL other networks/shows. The Nielsen ratings data provided by WWE in their audit will be compared to the Nielsen ratings data gathered by the network or independent auditor to see if there's any falsifications or mistakes in WWE's presentation of the Nielsen data. This ratings data will then be reconciled or accepted and used to determine a valuation of WWE's TV rights.

I didn't bring it up, you did. Its coming from a third party, they can just go to the third party to get the data, and the data is available to the public on tons of websites. All I'm saying is the numbers WWE posted are perfectly legitimate. There's no dispute that WWE used accurate numbers in the presentation. You seemed lost in your first post claiming they were using over a year old data, but it's a year over year chart, including Q4 2016 data.

The only way the WWE having ratings that are nearly double the network's average wouldn't be a positive to their ability to get a good rights deal would be if the network couldn't sell and space during the show. As I mentioned, this is why WWE was far worse off in the Attitude Era, even though the ratings were double or more what they are today. As has been documented from recent up fronts, WWE programming has generated a long list of new A list sponsors, which makes them even more valuable.

If you want to dispute that, you've got an uphill battle. But I appreciate your gumption.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 4925752)
Feel like CyNick is the Donald Trump of the boards. He's got intelligence, the best intelligence, he has experience, wonderful experience, but he doesn't really show any tangible data or facts.

He's got numbers. And they're the best numbers. Better than your numbers. You won't believe these numbers. They're huge. HUGE! He woke up this morning like... "If they knew what I knew about these numbers..."

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-09-2017 04:23 PM

alternative facts

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-09-2017 04:23 PM

lol CyNick's day has been made by being compared with the Donald.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 4925749)
But what was their net gain? Batman v Superman was a high revenue movie, but nearly flopped due to actual profit.

Is WWE making their best profit? Isn't profit, not revenue, most important?

Long term, yes. In a period when you are trying to transform the business, it's understandable to take a profit hit.

The problem is you will never know what the profitability of the company would have been without The Network. I believe it would have been much lower than it is today, but that's making an assumption that WWEs PPV business was in decline. But admittedly is a debatable point.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 4925752)

President Trump's proof is in the skylines of many of the greatest cities in the world. I guess mine is on this forum, just read my posts. They are all insightful and on point.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4925758)
lol CyNick's day has been made by being compared with the Donald.

It's actually not shocking to me that the type of people on this board think being compared to President Trump is an insult. It actually validates my opinion of most people on here.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4925746)
Except it was your response to being called out on blatantly contradicting yourself. It's not like you "made a joke" and then actually explained yourself. That was your only response. And it's an accurate response. Because sometimes you get so deep into spouting retarded bullshit that you can't even bullshit your way out of being called out on it. So when that happens, it's time to just admit...

You were probably better off just not responding when you got called out and just hoping no one noticed. Especially if you're an internet troll, letting that be your response was a huge fucking fail. lol

Like I said, I'm not shocked you missed the layer of that post. I get it. You make it crystal clear every time you post that quote.

Destor 02-09-2017 04:34 PM

He's got facts, but they're secret facts. You cant know them, but believe him, theyre good facts.

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4925764)
He's got facts, but they're secret facts. You cant know them, but believe him, theyre good facts.

Hey, maybe I'm a wrestling "journalists", they do the same thing.

#1fan will get that reference... No wait, he won't. Too bad.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldTrump (Post 4917754)

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925763)
Like I said, I'm not shocked you missed the layer of that post. I get it. You make it crystal clear every time you post that quote.

Keep replying without actually acknowledging that the quote was your way of avoiding having to come up with an excuse after getting called out on contradicting yourself AGAIN. Maybe it will eventually go away and you can look smarter. Wait, no it won't. Because I'm gonna keep quoting it and reminding you of it. Consider yourself DUMMIED!

The CyNick 02-09-2017 04:56 PM

#1fan is going to go home and rest before making any speeches. Low energy. Let's keep counting those votes!!

BigCrippyZ 02-09-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4925765)
Hey, maybe I'm a wrestling "journalists", they do the same thing.

#1fan will get that reference... No wait, he won't. Too bad.

Was that supposed to be a joke or an insult?

Either way... swing and a miss, Cynick. Swing and a miss.

#1-norm-fan 02-09-2017 04:56 PM

CyNick is the Vince McMahon to my PewDiePie.