TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

Mr. Nerfect 03-27-2016 10:37 PM

Still hoping that Hulk Hogan takes some of his Gawker money and starts up the Hulk Wrestling Federation to step to Vince. Hogan calls up Kevin Sullivan, Jim Cornette and Dutch Mantel to book the shows -- either together or in sort of shifts. Maybe Cornette gets the tag teams, Mantel gets the women and Sullivan gets the singles guys? Something like that.

I'd cum watching the first episode.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-27-2016 10:42 PM

Listened to a legal expert on the PWTorch podcasting system and he seems to think he could lose on appeal or the amount could drastically come down.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-27-2016 10:45 PM

The last time somebody won alot of money and threw it into a wrestling company....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ei93yTpJSj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 03-27-2016 10:46 PM

Like, if I'm Hogan, I've already rung up Bobby Roode and told him not to sign with the WWE right away. I'd also have gotten my people in touch with CM Punk's people and been like "Hey man, are you really going to fight? Don't you, your wife and your best friend want a job? I've got a few million to splurge on this baby. I mainly want you to come out to whatever theme music you want and talk shit about how the WWE ruined your love for wrestling but these people brought it back, yadda, yadda...cool, we tape Tuesdays."

I'd have also left similar voicemails for Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Goldberg and Dave Bautista. And I'd have reached out to Konnan about him possibly leaving AAA and bringing some trusted luchadors over to pad out my show and whether or not he'd mind being paid like $150,000 a year to be a talent scout and advocate for the product. Just keep the lucha on our show fresh, dawg. We want to build a guy for Rey at our big show, so let me know who it's going to be and we won't beat him for a year.

Hey, JR wanna do commentary? Would you rather work with Cornette or would you like us to get someone younger, like Striker or Josh Barnett? I'm sure New Japan and us can work something out. I'll send them Angle for a big show and we'll showcase Okada over here for them. We'll have them fight for the IWGP on our big show actually. What's another main event going to hurt?

I think you can do all of that for...$18 million, brother. Maybe you even take over Vince's lead and manage to get some TV production company to jump in and you can leave them with even more of the costs down the line, slowly, slowly pulling your own money out and disappearing off into the sunset -- their first Hall of Fame inductee and a man forever associated with a new dawn in professional wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect 03-27-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4789102)
The last time somebody won alot of money and threw it into a wrestling company....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ei93yTpJSj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's almost exactly what I had in mind. But with wrestlers.

Mr. Nerfect 03-27-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4789100)
Listened to a legal expert on the PWTorch podcasting system and he seems to think he could lose on appeal or the amount could drastically come down.

Oh, it's probably going to get appealed or reduced, no doubt. And as I've said elsewhere, Hogan would probably use it only to get leverage back with Vince and signed to some sort of legends deal again, where he gets paid for basically not working anywhere else.

But if I am Hogan, and I wanted to start my own vanity project to get some of my rep back (and a lot of the negative Hogan stuff has been swept under the rug since the trial began), then doing something for the industry that made me (and that I helped make) would seem like an obvious option. He'd probably get Bischoff and The Nasty Boys to help him run it though.

The CyNick 03-27-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4788992)
People just can't handle Cornette being right about things because he's such an asshole at the same time. He's entertaining as hell and hopefully his show will be better without the chore of a co-host. Heard she quit twitter.

I've listened to more interview featuring Jim Cornette than just about anyone else in sports entertainment (Nash might have him beat), and I dont think I've ever heard anything he said where I sat back and went "Jim made a good point". He's the definition of bitter old man who cant accept that he couldnt book and make money in today's day and age if his life depended on it. He's sad really.

Droford 03-27-2016 11:25 PM

Hogan was probably near flat broke like Flair I bet he owes people almost as much as he got

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-27-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4789119)
I've listened to more interview featuring Jim Cornette than just about anyone else in sports entertainment (Nash might have him beat), and I dont think I've ever heard anything he said where I sat back and went "Jim made a good point". He's the definition of bitter old man who cant accept that he couldnt book and make money in today's day and age if his life depended on it. He's sad really.

Fuck Nick, if you think so little of him why did you waste so much time listening to him?

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-27-2016 11:51 PM

He said more interview. He just listens to the same one over and over again.

Bad News Gertner 03-28-2016 12:21 AM

Cornette has never booked a successful period of wrestling

1989-90 WCW was a mess
Smokey Mountain failed
WWF 1995-1997 was the worst time in the promotion
TNA was a failure
ROH was a mess, despite Corny's claim (like he does with every other time he's bombed) that it wasn't his fault.

What's does he hang his hat on? OVW?

Blue Demon 03-28-2016 01:04 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BxtCTaCxDUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blue Demon 03-28-2016 01:05 AM

I wish I could rep this more than once.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-28-2016 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sascha (Post 4789184)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BxtCTaCxDUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was this his biggest dick waving or was the WCW Buyout speech/episode bigger? This probably seemed alot more subtle back then since the audience didn't really know he was the owner

Nicky Fives 03-28-2016 04:08 AM

I personally love Cornette.... the guy has a strong personality and no filter between his brain and mouth.... If I were starting a pro wrestling company tomorrow, he would be the first person I would call....

Jordan 03-28-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sascha (Post 4789184)

I just never get tired of this. It's got so much subtext for Vince's character. I love it, probably my favorite thing WWE ever produced. The graveled Vince voice "BABAY BABAY BABAYYYY WATCH'EM DROP"! He's fucking awesome.

Jordan 03-28-2016 10:39 AM

It also feels like he's like "Dad are you watching! I'm doing it Dad!"

Vastardikai 03-28-2016 11:10 AM

I feel like this should be a TV Show. Papa and Boogey. Just these two guys, in full regalia, doing random things week after week. This should be on the WWE Network. And I fully expect to be made producer of this, so I can get fat paid for the idea.

The CyNick 03-28-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous Dale Newstead (Post 4789129)
Fuck Nick, if you think so little of him why did you waste so much time listening to him?

I don't anymore

I listened to a lot of his stuff and formed my opinion.

The CyNick 03-28-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4789220)
I personally love Cornette.... the guy has a strong personality and no filter between his brain and mouth.... If I were starting a pro wrestling company tomorrow, he would be the first person I would call....

And if you let him book or contribute creatively, you would be out of business.

Big Vic 03-28-2016 11:23 AM

See guys, CyNick is right sometimes.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-28-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4789295)
I don't anymore

I listened to a lot of his stuff and formed my opinion.

But by the sounds of it you listened to more of him than anyone else. How could it take you so long to realize he was awful? Sounds like you are spending your time like some weird basement dwelling virgin with no job. I'm just saying.

#1-norm-fan 03-28-2016 11:44 AM

Yeah, WWE would be out of business in a week if Cornette was booking. In all the fantasy booking I've heard him talk about he hasn't mentioned ONE fart gimmick. Ridiculous! Him and his old school, stuck-in-the-past, fart-hating booking.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-28-2016 11:52 AM

I think Cornette would be good on a very progressive booking team. He understands the basics of it, but he's a bit stuck in the past. Take the principles, apply it to more modern styles.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-28-2016 11:52 AM

Which means I would never hire him as a head booker.

Jari 03-28-2016 12:03 PM

Can the defenders of the 3 times fired from a creative role in his last three company's please refer me to a time in which a company was thriving whilst he had a part to play in creative?

Big Vic 03-28-2016 12:06 PM

No

Emperor Smeat 03-28-2016 12:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/608go5X.gif

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-28-2016 01:04 PM

Just marry me already becky lynch. you know we were meant to be.

Hanso Amore 03-28-2016 01:30 PM

Now i get why Noids fantasy booking is so shitty, he's a cornette mark

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-28-2016 01:35 PM

Gosh Matthew you always add so much to the forums with your lovely comments.

Emperor Smeat 03-28-2016 01:38 PM

TNA managed to find a good investor for their current money woes but like every past instance, Dixie is the biggest obstacle in getting a deal done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411Mania
It was previously reported that TNA has been in talks with potential investors. On Wrestling Observer Radio (via wrestlinginc.com), it was said that recent talks are very serious. One party looking to invest wants to obtain a majority interest; Dixie Carter wants investors but reportedly does not want to sell a majority of the company. Dave Meltzer noted that the potential partners are looking for something around 55% of the company.

Evil Vito 03-28-2016 02:09 PM

WWE have sent me three separate e-mails in the past week asking me to sign back up to the Network.

When they did this in February they went as far as to give me a free month (which I then cancelled again before the auto-renew date). I imagine they'll start handing out freebies again after Mania.

It's a great service but my interest in giving WWE any of my money right now is less than zero.

Schlomey 03-28-2016 02:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bGIo9_KXn7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The CyNick 03-28-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jari (Post 4789327)
Can the defenders of the 3 times fired from a creative role in his last three company's please refer me to a time in which a company was thriving whilst he had a part to play in creative?

According to the IWC he was in charge of all the money drawing elements of the Attitude Era and none of the crap stuff.

Shadrick 03-28-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4789462)
According to the IWC he was in charge of all the money drawing elements of the Attitude Era and none of the crap stuff.

It's almost as if he had someone above him that approved the good ideas and shitcanned the bad ones.

Innovator 03-28-2016 04:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look what the Easter Bunny dragged in ..... <a href="https://t.co/Eqt534KuzK">pic.twitter.com/Eqt534KuzK</a></p>&mdash; Matt Bloom (@NXTMattBloom) <a href="https://twitter.com/NXTMattBloom/status/714527188264095745">March 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect 03-28-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4789462)

No, you're thinking of what Russo claims. You fucking moron.

Mr. Nerfect 03-28-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 4789423)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bGIo9_KXn7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want to watch this because of Becky, but I am 80% sure this is the guy who listened to Cornette say "The sky is blue" and then went "Did you hear Cornette change his story from the sky is red?" Ugh.

Wishbone 03-28-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4789363)

How the hell does Becky Lynch manage to be so hot and so adorable at the same time? Shouldn't be physically possible. The more I see of her the more I begin to question whether she's real, or if she's just a figment of my imagination that all of you seem to be capable of seeing as well.