TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NXT TV Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136544)

GD 10-09-2019 01:36 PM

NXT TV Thread

NXT

Evil Vito 10-09-2019 01:40 PM

I seem to remember WALTER saying when he signed with WWE that he was signing specifically to be part of the UK brand and had no interest in living in the US or constantly going back and forth. Yet he's now a fixture on NXT.

I mean he's excellent so the more I see of him the better, but I wonder if he's kicking himself a bit.

GD 10-09-2019 02:57 PM

Kushida looks bigger than WALTER in that match card.

Emperor Smeat 10-09-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5291423)
I seem to remember WALTER saying when he signed with WWE that he was signing specifically to be part of the UK brand and had no interest in living in the US or constantly going back and forth. Yet he's now a fixture on NXT.

I mean he's excellent so the more I see of him the better, but I wonder if he's kicking himself a bit.

I'd be surprised if he hangs around after these initial weeks since he still has no interest in being in the US full-time and its already come at the cost of him dropping indie bookings just to keep his schedule from bloating.

Emperor Smeat 10-09-2019 06:36 PM

Seems WWE did something again to piss off the NXT roster prior to tonight's show.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing lots of reports of angry people in Orlando.</p>&mdash; Casey Michael (@ifyouseekcasey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1182002853902204929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Supposedly they made the fan experience worse since the move to USA Network by gutting the pre & post-show hangouts and festivities that used to happen between wrestlers and fans for tapings.

At the same time, also lied to talent about them getting pay raises due to the new tv contract.

Jordan 10-09-2019 06:46 PM

I will want to see Walter vs Kushida for sure. Announced card has my interest. I will probably watch right after AEW. Don't none you NXT NERDZ come bomb our thread or will will have CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS. JUST LIKE I HOPE AEW'S BOOKING HAS.

GD 10-09-2019 08:43 PM

New champion!

xrodmuc316 10-09-2019 09:24 PM

Tomasso just murdering people backstage lol

BigCrippyZ 10-09-2019 10:28 PM

Who cares. Yeah, that's not a question because it doesn't matter. No matter what success they have in NXT, these same people will get released or get reduced to shit/garbage if they even ever make it to the main Raw or SD rosters. WWE is garbage because the folks in charge are such dumb fucks that they actually believe that you can systematize creativity and/or creative success or results.

Jordan 10-09-2019 11:05 PM

Really hard to watch this after watching AEW. I just wanna watch NWA now.

Mr. Nerfect 10-10-2019 02:35 AM

Didn't watch this week, but have far more interest in this than AEW. I imagine WALTER is working there to give them a boost at the start, but it's also possible he's getting more money/doing a part-time schedule with them. He may not have relocated.

XL 10-10-2019 04:57 AM

Sort of skipped through both shows this morning. Barely anything holding my interest for long.

Tom Guycott 10-10-2019 05:38 AM

"Just remember; ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!"

Mauro gets into cringe territory sometimes with his hip hop references, but this one fit so nicely introducing WALTER. So much so, that I will now give WALTER the MF DOOM treatment whenever I talk about him.

Droford 10-10-2019 06:35 AM

I just got around to watching both and NXT had decent wrestling the whole way through but AEW felt like it was a bigger more important show.

Mr. Nerfect 10-10-2019 07:58 AM

Heard good things about WALTER vs. KUSHIDA. WALTER has got favorite wrestler potential for me.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-11-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5291860)
I just got around to watching both and NXT had decent wrestling the whole way through but AEW felt like it was a bigger more important show.

It is a bigger and more important show. I don't get why people thinking AEW beating NXT in ratings is a big deal. Smackdown did 4 million.

AEW VS. NXT is not the fight. It's WWE Vs. AEW and having a show on Fox means WWE wins.

Evil Vito 10-11-2019 08:12 AM

WWE moved NXT to USA Network, added an extra hour, AND made it a live show that just so happens to run up against AEW's show which had been announced two months earlier.

2 weeks in, more people have tuned in to AEW thus far.

"WWE doesn't care if more people tune in to AEW than NXT"

It's fun to move the goalposts.

Evil Vito 10-11-2019 08:18 AM

Anyway I DVR'ed last week and watched last night. Skipped by Lio/Drew because the result was already spoiled for me so I wasn't going to be able to get into it.

Liked what I saw from the rest of the show for the most part. Despite it being 2 hours they're doing a good job of rotating talent so as to not overexpose anybody.

Line of the night from Mauro - "Boa has been constricted by Killian Dain"

WALTER/KUSHIDA was a really good David vs Goliath type match.

Preferred AEW on the whole but it's so great to have two wrestling shows I like every week.

Evil Vito 10-11-2019 08:31 AM

If I have any gripe, it's Cameron Grimes. It was one thing for him to win in 5 seconds once as a surprise, but now it seems to be his gimmick and I just don't think it's sustainable.

Still remember the crowd completely losing interest in Corbin the first time he had a match longer than 20 seconds.

Otherwise a lot of good stuff going on. Big spot for Damian Priest next week against Dunne. Keen to see how he does.

Emperor Smeat 10-11-2019 06:20 PM

Finally got around to watch this week's show.

Lio vs. Gulak for the Cruiser title was pretty good overall. Only real complaint was them fast tracking yet another title change since they moved to the USA Network.

Ripley vs. Aliyah was decent. Ripley's submission looks great and brutal against smaller opponents.

Breezango vs. Forgotten Sons was meh. Nothing really bad with the match itself but don't really care at all about the Forgotten Sons especially as one of the notable teams in NXT.

Grimes vs. Boa was meh as well. Still don't get what was the purpose of having Jordan Myles win the Breakout tournament when he's rarely been used and Grimes has gotten way more of the spotlight and push.

Strong vs. Scott was very good overall.

:| at Dream's promo segment. Back-to-back weeks where he had a really forgettable segment. Whoever has been messing with his character or segments should probably stop doing it.

Kai vs. Belair was pretty good. Seems a bit dumb to have Kai lose this quickly from her return considering the hype given to her these past few weeks.

KUSHIDA vs. WALTER was great. WALTER arguably has the best chops ever in terms of brutality.

Overall, pretty enjoyable show and the best one since the move to USA Network in regards to actually building up stuff for next week and beyond instead of being filled with matches just for the sake of it. I'd rate this week's show 3.5 Kyle O'Reilly air guitars out of 5.
https://i.imgur.com/2EBDGXv.gif

Lock Jaw 10-11-2019 08:18 PM

Watching now..... opening package showing a lot that I didn't see last week..... Mauro saying it is a two-hour show? I guess that explains it..... they edited it down to 1 hour only for Canada......

Lock Jaw 10-11-2019 08:33 PM

Didn't mind Mauro last week two match, but one match in and he is unbearable....

Triple A 10-11-2019 08:34 PM

Why don't U watch SMackDown Live w us ?

Lock Jaw 10-11-2019 08:37 PM

Hate commercials, and leaving in a few minutes to watch "Joker"..... just watching some NXT while I eat....

Mr. Nerfect 10-12-2019 12:22 AM

Tommaso Ciampa's line "Daddy's home" gave me the idea for my first preferred major NXT angle:

I want Ciampa to win the NXT Title at either Takeover or sometime shortly thereafter. At some point, when they are ready to run bigger venues, I want someone to attack Ciampa and beat the piss out of him. They reveal themselves to be John Cena. "Daddy's home."

The motivation for Cena is that Ciampa keeps talking shit about the Big Red and Big Blue, and they are entities that Cena helped build up to being the empires they are. He's in NXT because he's got beef with Ciampa and wants #17.

It would put over Ciampa and it would put over the NXT Title. Cena can play the invading force, to a degree, and have a big of edge for a short run and a big match slipped into his busy schedule.

Raw and Smackers don't need Cena. NXT would get a real boost from him. I want a program with him and Ciampa in January and Cena and Dream around WrestleMania time.

Mr. Nerfect 10-12-2019 12:25 AM

I'm also interested in Rhea Ripley vs. Ronda Rousey. I DON'T want NXT inundated with a whole bunch of main roster stars. But something about the presentations of Cena and Rousey would clash so well with the NXT "ethos," at the same time as lending real credibility to the brand.

As I type this and realize The Usos haven't been drafted to either Raw or SmackDown, nor Naomi or Epico & Primo, I wouldn't be opposed to them bolstering the women's and tag divisions either. Not right away (and I have a feeling that The Usos are getting some help), but The Usos are cool enough to help and have done all there is on the main roster. Naomi could work a nice little program with Bianca Belair or something.

DaveWadding 10-12-2019 05:57 AM

I'm hyped as fuck for Keith Lee vs Dijak 4 next week. Will probably watch the first 3 again this week. :lol:

Droford 10-17-2019 03:51 PM

No NXT thread this week..lol

GD 10-17-2019 04:16 PM

Yeah! Won’t be making any of them for now. Might go easy on Raw and Smackdown threads as well

Triple A 10-23-2019 10:08 PM

Cool @ Balor...

GD 10-23-2019 10:12 PM

Damn, Trips.

BigCrippyZ 10-23-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5292485)
I'm also interested in Rhea Ripley vs. Ronda Rousey. I DON'T want NXT inundated with a whole bunch of main roster stars. But something about the presentations of Cena and Rousey would clash so well with the NXT "ethos," at the same time as lending real credibility to the brand.

As I type this and realize The Usos haven't been drafted to either Raw or SmackDown, nor Naomi or Epico & Primo, I wouldn't be opposed to them bolstering the women's and tag divisions either. Not right away (and I have a feeling that The Usos are getting some help), but The Usos are cool enough to help and have done all there is on the main roster. Naomi could work a nice little program with Bianca Belair or something.

The problem I have with this idea is it's just such meaningless, fetish, fantasy booking bullshit. Even IF it happens, in the long term, none of it would make a real difference or matter and there will be no long term benefit from it, and that's because ultimately WWE has an out of touch, if not incompetent, (currently) 74 year old in charge of the creative product.

Never mind that Vince has almost assuredly sold anyone who's (most) likely going to (be picked to) take over for him on his way of doing things going forward. Which amounts to, make things formulaic and systematized as much as possible, quantity over quality, and don't rock the boat or take any actual risks when and where it might make a difference, matter, or count.

Mr. Nerfect 10-23-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 5295487)
The problem I have with this idea is it's just such meaningless, fetish, fantasy booking bullshit. Even IF it happens, in the long term, none of it would make a real difference or matter and there will be no long term benefit from it, and that's because ultimately WWE has an out of touch, if not incompetent, (currently) 74 year old in charge of the creative product.

Never mind that Vince has almost assuredly sold anyone who's (most) likely going to (be picked to) take over for him on his way of doing things going forward. Which amounts to, make things formulaic and systematized as much as possible, quantity over quality, and don't rock the boat or take any actual risks when and where it might make a difference, matter, or count.

I would normally agree with you, but I think NXT is going to try and count for something separately from WWE. That's what they need to do anyway, and their steps so far have been indicative of that. The people there seem locked (for the most part) to that show. It's no longer a feeder where Shayna goes up to the main roster and is booked 50/50 and to cut robot promos and then have a forced babyface turn that doesn't work and then become part of the scenery. That was the model, and it was awful. 100% agreed. But I don't think it's going to be that way now.

That being said, I did choose Shayna as an example and I actually think she is going to be called up at some point. But there are still months of stories they can tell with her.

Anyway, I completely understand why you're burnt out on WWE. I am the same. Main roster WWE is fucking awful and Vince McMahon displays symptoms of dementia and no one is going to call him on it and he has his finger on the button. But NXT has been a safe haven from that since the USA venture has begun. I mean, there are some silly tropes remaining, but for the most part, they are trying to be the boutique product they were posing as until recently.

I've admired a lot of Triple H's subtle moves, and I've been a huge critic of the "Triple H is wrestling's savior" narrative. I think a large part of his NXT initiative has been in his ego and presenting a product that is going to get over, at a certain level, with the internet audience. That being said, if his ego is going to drive him to work towards putting on proper pro-wrestling again, then I have hopes it could kick off and maybe, eventually, affect other aspects of WWE. Not wholesale, but at least in part. That is the only way WWE is going to get better, because AEW certainly isn't going to put the pressure on. The WWE has gotten away with being worse since they started.

GD 10-23-2019 11:25 PM

Holy shit at what happened

Triple A 10-23-2019 11:41 PM

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7khKnjJ-uEs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw 10-24-2019 12:11 AM

Sweet @ Finn turning heel.... might try to watch some NXT again...

Been saying forever that Finn needed to turn heel since he looks "very slimy".....

Simple Fan 10-24-2019 12:53 AM

Yeah NXT had the better ending this week. Really didn't expect that from Finn but honestly I'd rather see him join the OC if his past is really his future.

Emperor Smeat 10-24-2019 12:58 AM

The kick Balor did at the beginning and the brainbuster onto the ramp was amazing.

Not a big fan of Ciampa and Gargano working together regardless of the reason nor the potential of them becoming pals again. NXT spent way too much time building the hatred and blood feud status between the two and then started backtracking on its impact ever since Ciampa got hurt. Their feud dragged on for way too long and shouldn't be caring what happens to the other any time soon.

Droford 10-24-2019 02:20 AM

NXT was better than AEW this week

Plus they at least have to feel better about getting over runs for their main event. Time Limit draws in the main event will hurt AEW in the long run

Fignuts 10-24-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5295506)
Sweet @ Finn turning heel.... might try to watch some NXT again...

Been saying forever that Finn needed to turn heel since he looks "very slimy".....

https://i.imgur.com/FMm81By.png