TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random idea: Bring in Bobby Lashley, Derrick Bateman, James Storm and Eddie Edwards as a stable (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134433)

Emperor Smeat 01-06-2018 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon (Post 5068226)
was EC3 really let go because of his attitude?

i could never figure out how they let that guy go. he has everything the WWE likes

Think he was just a victim of the yearly roster cuts at the time. Know Maxine had some attitude issues leading to her release although related to frustrations at being stuck in NXT and WWE unwilling to consider a call up for her.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 02:26 AM

Fucking love Catrina. That was the best thing to happen to her. And me, I guess.

Fignuts 01-06-2018 02:33 AM

Wait are allthese guys not in Impact any more? Who the hell is left over there?

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 02:37 AM

They're all still there. It would be a lot cooler if they weren't, though.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5068314)
He's the best promo in TNA, probably.

He's an unnatural try-hard who overacts. Comes off like he's a kid playing wrestler who's a bit soft in the head.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 03:00 AM

Eli Drake is a natural though.

Sorry, Noid.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 03:01 AM

So anyone answer the other question. Besides EC3, who is a better promo on Impact?

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 03:02 AM

Ah, Konnan. But he doesn't wrestle.

Mr. Nerfect 01-06-2018 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5068345)
Wait are allthese guys not in Impact any more? Who the hell is left over there?

James Storm has left, and I feel that Eddie Edwards is about to leave. Bobby Lashley is rumored to be leaving too.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5068351)
So anyone answer the other question. Besides EC3, who is a better promo on Impact?

El Patron. James Storm. Pretty much anyone who is believable and doesn't seem like a kid sending in an awkward video to a YouShoot promo looking like he's auditioning to be a wrestler.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 04:00 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/95BshjZNPxU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's like The Miz if he didn't actually have charisma and tried REALLY hard to manufacture it.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:05 AM

You realize I was talking about Eli Drake, right?

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:07 AM

EC3 does sound weird sometimes, yes. I was touting Drake for the past page and a half though.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:08 AM

I should have said "besides EC3, who on Impact is a better promo than Eli Drake", that line of thinking stemming from Noid being so our on Drake. My bad.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:08 AM

I think EC3 is entertaining on the mic, but I get your point.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 04:09 AM

Oh. You were talking about EC3 being the best promo other than Drake earlier and I didn't realize you'd switched it up. MY BAD.

But the "besides EC3" isn't necessary. Drake is the best period. Not even sure I'd have anyone at a close second.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:10 AM

I'd put Konnan at second after some thought.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 04:11 AM

Excited for Noid blowing a fuse when he sees this Eli Drake blowing session though.

#1-norm-fan 01-06-2018 04:12 AM

You apparently missed it a month ago when he spent like 2 pages of a thread basically making it seem like he literally vomits when he sees Eli Drake or hears him cut a promo. It was insane. Still baffled at his level of hatred for the man.

Anybody Thrilla 01-06-2018 04:14 AM

I don't get that at all. He's money. Also, there's NO way Noid watches Impact if he barely watches WWE. Just seems bizarre.

Sixx 01-06-2018 04:15 AM

Hm, Lashley has the look, wouldn't be stupid to bring him back.

James Storm, too, though I'm not really familiar with his work.

Mr. Nerfect 01-06-2018 05:58 PM

I'm largely going to ignore it. You've taken the hatred literally, as if I actually obsess. I've seen promos and he bothers me. That's it. Destor, can you please close and get rid of this thread now. I will not be associated with any pro-Eli Drake nonsense.

His catchphrase is to go "Dummy! Yeah!" over and over again. What the fuck does that even mean? If you can explain it to me in a way that makes sense and isn't lame, I'll let you pick a tattoo for me. He's always waiting for it to catch on, but no one really gets it, because it doesn't make sense and no one is really a fan of Impact Wrestling or cares about him.

Sixx 01-07-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5068499)
I'm largely going to ignore it. You've taken the hatred literally, as if I actually obsess. I've seen promos and he bothers me. That's it. Destor, can you please close and get rid of this thread now. I will not be associated with any pro-Eli Drake nonsense.

His catchphrase is to go "Dummy! Yeah!" over and over again. What the fuck does that even mean? If you can explain it to me in a way that makes sense and isn't lame, I'll let you pick a tattoo for me. He's always waiting for it to catch on, but no one really gets it, because it doesn't make sense and no one is really a fan of Impact Wrestling or cares about him.

I honestly hope he does explain it to you and makes you get a "Dummy! Yeah!" tattoo.

Anybody Thrilla 01-07-2018 01:40 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the catchphrase either, but it's pretty short-sighted to behave as if that's all he ever says.

Simple Fan 01-07-2018 02:21 PM

No one on Impact touches Eli Drake on the mic. Fact of life.

Anybody Thrilla 01-07-2018 02:42 PM

I see what you did there.

Rollermacka 01-07-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5068334)
Derrick Bateman was an NXT guy. Jacked to the gills and had a lot of personality. Kind of goofy/obnoxious, but you kind of liked him. He was paired with Daniel Bryan and I remember them doing some funny shit together. Then they never really did anything with him, he was funny with Fandango in NXT Redemption, and then they released him and he went to TNA.

I was watching OSW Review and they were talking about the time Bryan and Bateman had to do a "love connection" type game (where the Rookie answered questions and the pro guessed what they said) so they made up completely random pre determined answers regardless of what the question is. It was hilarious

Mr. Nerfect 01-07-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5068759)
I'm not a huge fan of the catchphrase either, but it's pretty short-sighted to behave as if that's all he ever says.

If he doesn't want me to overlook him, then he shouldn't have the worst catchphrase since "Hoorah!"

Mr. Nerfect 01-07-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 5068712)
I honestly hope he does explain it to you and makes you get a "Dummy! Yeah!" tattoo.

It's got to make sense, remember.

Mr. Nerfect 01-07-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollermacka (Post 5068783)
I was watching OSW Review and they were talking about the time Bryan and Bateman had to do a "love connection" type game (where the Rookie answered questions and the pro guessed what they said) so they made up completely random pre determined answers regardless of what the question is. It was hilarious

That's the one I keep going back to in my head. :lol:

I also remember them doing some weird stretching segment. Like Bryan was making him "watch tapes" of something. I can't remember the details, but I remember that being so odd it somehow worked.

Rollermacka 01-08-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollermacka (Post 5068783)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5068814)
That's the one I keep going back to in my head. :lol:

I also remember them doing some weird stretching segment. Like Bryan was making him "watch tapes" of something. I can't remember the details, but I remember that being so odd it somehow worked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zhEN6BMmkOE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whole episode is great but the part I'm talking about is at 43:50

XL 01-08-2018 04:14 PM

Would you call him “Derrick Bateman” or “Ethan Carter”?

Anybody Thrilla 01-08-2018 04:22 PM

I think Ethan Carter would be better, but I see Bateman being more likely.

Simple Fan 01-08-2018 04:25 PM

After the Hardy ordeal they seem to be fine with talent keeping their names. EC3 would be way better than DB2.

#1-norm-fan 01-08-2018 09:07 PM

There were some vignettes cut while he was in WWE still for a "USA Guy" gimmick. I say bring him in with that. Over the top patriot gimmick. Would work well with annoyingly over the top promo delivery.

#1-norm-fan 01-08-2018 09:09 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z1RXeHvZbHk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2018 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5069094)
Would you call him “Derrick Bateman” or “Ethan Carter”?

I would actually bring him in as Derrick Bateman. I've thought about this, because the Bateman name means next to nothing. But no one really wants to be reminded of the Carters on WWE television either. Bateman can actually tie his history in with Daniel Bryan, and the idea that he was cut from development is kind of a good thread for him to come back with.

I would, however, take notes from TNA on how to do his entrance theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5069354)
There were some vignettes cut while he was in WWE still for a "USA Guy" gimmick. I say bring him in with that. Over the top patriot gimmick. Would work well with annoyingly over the top promo delivery.

I'd actually do a toned-down version of this. I wouldn't want it to be too over the top, but I would like to give him, without saying as much, kind of an alt-left kind of gimmick. As I mentioned earlier, give him the US Champion and have him talk about how he's the greatest representative of the United States, and that whenever you boo him, you boo American Greatness. I'd probably make his moniker "The American Classic" or something.

XL 01-09-2018 08:50 AM

How set are we on having these guys as a group?

I’m not sure I like the aesthetic of these 4 together, but I do like some of the ideas that have been suggested for the individuals.

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5069640)
How set are we on having these guys as a group?

I’m not sure I like the aesthetic of these 4 together, but I do like some of the ideas that have been suggested for the individuals.

I LOVE the aesthetic myself. It's one of my favorite things about it. I'm sick of a bunch of dudes who all look the same or come from one place blending together as a team. Bobby Lashley as the ripped hoss, Derrick Bateman as the clean-cut American-flag draped prototype, James Storm as the gruff older veteran in the cowboy regalia and Eddie Edwards as the, frankly, generic indy looking guy in long tights.

#1-norm-fan 01-09-2018 02:58 PM

They do cover all the bases as a group.