TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your Greatest Gaming Moments (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=63285)

Just John 05-25-2007 10:35 AM

Your Greatest Gaming Moments

Yeah, I'm not talking about stuff like, "Halo 3 is released, or whatever, I'm talking about your greatest moments of gaming, or whilst gaming. Whether it was playing Resident Evil alone in the house at night with the lights out or finally making bowser eat shit in Super Mario. Just tell me them.

-Completing the pokedex on Pokemon Gold
-Playing Rez on the dreamcast late at night with the lights out (The lights from the game fuck up your eyes so damn bad)
-Taking a picture of a plane about to crash in San Andreas
-Getting a double 'Perfect' against Jinpachi on Tekken 5 (on normal difficulty)
-Supporting a non stop 4 hour police chase on GTA San Andreas (no cheats)
-Finally having enough money to buy a shitload of cars on GT4
-Completing MGS2 without being seen at all (Normal difficulty)
-Ultimo Dragon And Rey Mysterio (Changed Moveset) Vs The Dudley Boys tornado tag matches.

Yeah, list yours.

Kane Knight 05-25-2007 12:04 PM

Fuck you are gay.

tucsonspeed6 05-25-2007 12:28 PM

THe only one I can think of at the moment was when I had a half hour long lightsaber battle on Jedi Academy. The battle went all over the entire level, and I only won after I threw the guy into a pit of lava.

G 05-25-2007 01:01 PM

this was already done, no? cause i remember someone saying how he beat some game and had remembered the exact day he did it.

Stickman 05-25-2007 01:49 PM

Beating Goldeney in 007 mode.

Just John 05-25-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G
this was already done, no? cause i remember someone saying how he beat some game and had remembered the exact day he did it.

You may be thinking of someones sig, it has a Splaya quote of him talking about how the greatest day of his life was when he Beat The Legend Of Zelda and remembered the exact day. It is often mocked.

G 05-25-2007 05:15 PM

yeah, which came from a thread of the same topic as this one.

G 05-25-2007 05:15 PM

i think anyways

Silent 05-25-2007 08:13 PM

Cancelling my World of Warcraft account.

Resubscribing 2 weeks later. :|

McLegend 05-25-2007 08:15 PM

No this topic has never been done before :shifty:

OssMan 05-25-2007 10:06 PM

word busting off some 40 yard Eli Manning run on a botched pass attempt as time expired to win

a streak of like 99 wins in a row in Final Fantasy Tactics until i lost in the 2nd to last fight of the game

beating Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with my brother when i was like 6 when we used a Phoenix Down on the final boss by accident and killed him, i remember this very very clearly, i remember i had vomited on the couch just before we did this.

in the game XIII when i jumped off a small cliff with a shotgun and some dude came out of nowhere and i shot him in the face as soon as he showed up, this was a hilariously awesome moment

RP 05-25-2007 10:31 PM

Sacking Nervous Ferret 47 times in one game of Madden.

Funky Fly 05-26-2007 12:39 AM

During a 3 way dance with my brothers in WrestleMania 2000 for the N64, I specialed up, busted out a Burning Hammer on my one brother, turned in time to catch a kick and counter my other brother with the Stone Cold Stunner kick reversal, turn back to the first brother and get a simultaneous 3 count and TKO on both of them.

Nervous Ferret 05-26-2007 12:42 AM

January 27, 1999 When I beat Zelda: Ocarina of Time. One of the happiest days of my life.

Reavant 05-26-2007 10:46 AM

100% complete on GTA SA

CSL 05-26-2007 11:42 AM

<font color=white>First goal from a free kick on Evo. 35 odd yards. Screaming.

(Me and the ball)</font>

Mr Regal 05-26-2007 12:07 PM

finest moments must be ISS98 related, i was the shit at that game. Scored some ridiculous goals.

And then they was my legendary run on Championship Manager when i won the premier league 10yrs in a row with the mighty Newcastle, also won at least two trophies per season during the run.

That's it i think.

The Diva 05-26-2007 12:13 PM

Um, none that I can think of except recently, well like last year. About 4/5 in the morning in an all night PDZ match hopping game with a friend where we were fucking around and guys were talking shit to me because they knew I was a girl so one match I sat back and let my entire team die came out and obliterated an entire team single handedly(12 person kill streak)... nobody said a word when the next round started, and I don't mean to me I mean period, nobody spoke, it was great.

RP 05-26-2007 12:29 PM

NBA live on Sega genisis used to be really big in my neighborhood. 5-8 of us would get together and play it non stop after school and i was always 2nd or 3rd best, but i had game. I could play. One day this dude who was obviously the best out of all of us, kept talking so much trash about Shawn Kemp. Back then i was a huge Sonics fan and Shawn Kemp was like my favorite player. Anways i started running my mouth and telling him i'd kill him with the Sonics on NBA Live. So we played. He chose the Rockets ( who were the shit back then ) and we played neck and neck for the whole game. The score was 156 - 157 him. I was out of time outs and there was like 2 seconds left in the game. He takes the ball out and i set up my play as intentional foul. I foul his best FT shooter with .7 seconds left lol. He hits both of his free throws and i have to take it out from underneath the basket cause i had no timeouts. Now heres the thing with NBA Live on Sega. Back then a half court or full court heave was shot like a 3 point/jump shot. It was rather hilarious shooting from 90 feet out like Jordan popping a J. So i take the ball out and somehow my PG Payton is the guy taking the ball out and Kemp is the only player back to get the ball. Again no timeouts. LOL so i pass the ball to Kemp who is damn near under the basket and he proceeds to " shoot " a 90ft 3 pointer that hits all net and forces overtime. The most unreal, miracle gaming moment of my life. Everybody is screaming and laughing. I'm jumping all over the place. I even did the replay trick where you convince your opponent that it deserves 30 replays from all possible angles because it was one of the most improbable gaming moments in history, but in actuality you just want the fucker to see what you just did to him 30 times from ever different angle. I ended up winning.

M-A-G 05-28-2007 03:09 AM

Everytime I play is a great gaming moment.

Extreme Angle 05-28-2007 06:23 AM

finally killing Dyne on final fantasy 7, I didn't train much.
Winning a royal rumble against my friends on svr07, was funny, the other guy jumped out of the ring :D.
getting all those little green things in mgs3

Stickman 05-28-2007 02:09 PM

Anytime I break the end glass in a hockey game.

Also in a hockey game, like NHL95 or some shit for Sega Genesis, I took a shot from my own end, hit a guy in the back of the head with the puck and he fell backwards. Hard to explain but looked hillarious.

Nowhere Man 05-28-2007 02:18 PM

In one of the really really old baseball games for the NES (I wanna say it was something like 'RBI Baseball'), I was playing against my older brother, the bases were loaded, and he threw a fastball towards me. I bunted, but somehow the ball went sailing out of the park. That's right, I bunted a grand slam.

DAMN iNATOR 05-28-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rectal Pertruder
NBA live on Sega genisis used to be really big in my neighborhood. 5-8 of us would get together and play it non stop after school and i was always 2nd or 3rd best, but i had game. I could play. One day this dude who was obviously the best out of all of us, kept talking so much trash about Shawn Kemp. Back then i was a huge Sonics fan and Shawn Kemp was like my favorite player. Anways i started running my mouth and telling him i'd kill him with the Sonics on NBA Live. So we played. He chose the Rockets ( who were the shit back then ) and we played neck and neck for the whole game. The score was 156 - 157 him. I was out of time outs and there was like 2 seconds left in the game. He takes the ball out and i set up my play as intentional foul. I foul his best FT shooter with .7 seconds left lol. He hits both of his free throws and i have to take it out from underneath the basket cause i had no timeouts. Now heres the thing with NBA Live on Sega. Back then a half court or full court heave was shot like a 3 point/jump shot. It was rather hilarious shooting from 90 feet out like Jordan popping a J. So i take the ball out and somehow my PG Payton is the guy taking the ball out and Kemp is the only player back to get the ball. Again no timeouts. LOL so i pass the ball to Kemp who is damn near under the basket and he proceeds to " shoot " a 90ft 3 pointer that hits all net and forces overtime. The most unreal, miracle gaming moment of my life. Everybody is screaming and laughing. I'm jumping all over the place. I even did the replay trick where you convince your opponent that it deserves 30 replays from all possible angles because it was one of the most improbable gaming moments in history, but in actuality you just want the fucker to see what you just did to him 30 times from ever different angle. I ended up winning.

Rasheed Wallace’s buzzer-beater with .2 left against Denver
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvAHMvlm9eY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvAHMvlm9eY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Probably a play which if there was a category for it, could be nominated for Play Of The Year (distance was like 63”)

Big Vic 06-03-2019 04:41 PM

Going "Pillar to post" with Alex Wright in a 40 man 'royal rumble' in WCW vs nWo Revenge against my brother and his friend.

DAMN iNATOR 06-05-2019 09:57 AM

I just the other day solo'd the peak on OP8 in Borderlands 2. Unfortunately, my pearl drop from OMGWTH was a Tunguska...sold it to a vendor for $19M, though.

Vastardikai 06-06-2019 12:19 AM

In one of the Road Rash games, I kicked a motorcycle cop into the path of a cow. It was amazing and hilarious.

Oh, and using Chris Jericho to beat Goldberg in Revenge... Using the "C'mon Baby" Pin.