TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Volare 01-08-2021 03:35 AM

That spot alone beat RAW.

xrodmuc316 01-08-2021 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5412020)
That spot alone beat RAW.

Not in the ratings,
or ad rates,
or ad revenue,
or television revenue,
but in unnecessary flippy spots, well yes, yes it did. :y:

Mr. Nerfect 01-08-2021 03:50 AM

That German suplex spot looks sooooo shitty. Fuck wrestling is so bad now.

Volare 01-08-2021 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5412022)
Not in the ratings,
or ad rates,
or ad revenue,
or television revenue,
but in unnecessary flippy spots, well yes, yes it did. :y:

Cause ya know 50+ year old burying talent = ratings and longevity...

Volare 01-08-2021 04:50 AM

Jungle Boy > Goldberg....sorry.

screech 01-08-2021 07:23 AM

As a fan I don't give a shit about ratings, ad rates, ad revenue, or television revenue. None of that has any bearing on my enjoyment of the show.

Such a weird way to watch TV (or television, for STD).

Jordan 01-08-2021 08:54 AM

AEW Dynamite and the German suplex got way more viewers and ratings than Goldberg on Raw. The viewership blew RAW out of the water because WWE falsely reports their viewership. It's not actually real, so AEW won that battle hands down. Also WWE is mostly AI viewership so it just doesn't count. The ratings are hugely misleading because the AI viewership is overtaking RAW in an attempted COUP of the ratings and viewership because they are in fear of AEW, Kenny, the new Jungle Boy entrance theme (and what that really means for WWE) and Sting. Snoop drew the biggest quarter in the demo for his segment much bigger than what WWE falsely recorded for their hit segment with Sheamus on RAw which again was falsely recorded. AEW wins everything every time.

drave 01-08-2021 10:22 AM

COUPs for everyone!

xrodmuc316 01-08-2021 10:59 AM

LOL, what does Goldberg have to do with anything?

IC Champion 01-08-2021 11:26 AM

All I needed to read was Goldberg and world title in the same sentence and know beyond a shadow of doubt I won’t be tuning into a WWE show anytime soon other than the Rumble and possibly mania.

drave 01-08-2021 11:30 AM

Its almost sign pointing season......

Let the old stars come out in force. Bored by Goldberg tho.

Jordan 01-08-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5412142)
LOL, what does Goldberg have to do with anything?

I legitimately do not know.

XL 01-08-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 5412045)
As a fan I don't give a shit about ratings, ad rates, ad revenue, or television revenue. None of that has any bearing on my enjoyment of the show.

Are you sure you’re doing it right?

xrodmuc316 01-08-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instant Classic (Post 5412157)
All I needed to read was Goldberg and world title in the same sentence and know beyond a shadow of doubt I won’t be tuning into a WWE show anytime soon other than the Rumble and possibly mania.

You do realize that Royal Rumble is where Goldberg is getting his title match right? :rofl:

xrodmuc316 01-08-2021 04:36 PM

OOPS! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Banks>Mox

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/01...0-wwe-aew-njpw

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor...256405a9f0.gif

Jordan 01-08-2021 04:43 PM

Goddamn we lost the official source of wrestling rankings just deemed it so.

Mr. Nerfect 01-08-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5412032)
Cause ya know 50+ year old burying talent = ratings and longevity...

Yes, it does mean ratings. If you build up people underneath with your actually meaningful viewership, you can create stars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 5412045)

For some of us, the wrestling has become way more boring than the business of the wrestling. For shame. And before you tell me to move on or whatever — be careful what you wish for. AEW and WWE are dealing with this problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5412075)
AEW Dynamite and the German suplex got way more viewers and ratings than Goldberg on Raw. The viewership blew RAW out of the water because WWE falsely reports their viewership. It's not actually real, so AEW won that battle hands down. Also WWE is mostly AI viewership so it just doesn't count. The ratings are hugely misleading because the AI viewership is overtaking RAW in an attempted COUP of the ratings and viewership because they are in fear of AEW, Kenny, the new Jungle Boy entrance theme (and what that really means for WWE) and Sting. Snoop drew the biggest quarter in the demo for his segment much bigger than what WWE falsely recorded for their hit segment with Sheamus on RAw which again was falsely recorded. AEW wins everything every time.

Haha, I can see you’re starting to see it.

screech 01-08-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5412266)
Are you sure you’re doing it right?

You know, maybe I do need to try a new approach.

xrodmuc316 01-08-2021 06:56 PM

AEW Fans were like "YES WE ARE THE BEST AND HAVE THE BEST WRESTLERS!!!"

But then Sports Illustrated went all Michael Cole...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

rez 01-09-2021 12:10 AM

so...wwe posts in an aew thread. pot kettle

xrodmuc316 01-09-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez (Post 5412492)
so...wwe posts in an aew thread. pot kettle

I would ask why are people complaining about WWE using 54 year old Goldberg, but crying with joy over AEW using 61 year old Sting?

I'll answer that, because it's ok when AEW does it.

xrodmuc316 01-09-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5412033)
Jungle Boy > Goldberg....sorry.

Jungle Boy > Goldberg....At flips and cosplaying with dinosaurs.

Jordan 01-09-2021 02:25 PM

And entrance music and lust from girls. AEW has the hottest fans.

Helmsphere 01-09-2021 02:52 PM

Of course Ultra Mantis nephew is better then Goldberg.

Ultra Mantis 01-09-2021 04:54 PM

I worked with Goldberg extensively when he had his big character arc playing my crazy new roommate. Guy was very intense. Used to legit punch walls and everything. Said he was doing method. I never smoked method and I've avoided it ever since. Nice enough guy once it wore off and the cameras stopped rolling but we did not keep in touch. No interest in seeing him on my TV in 2021.

Helmsphere 01-09-2021 07:54 PM

That guy gave me the creeps.

I'm glad we got out of that apartment and won the apartment across the hall. It was such a great moment riding our high horse in there.

drave 01-10-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5412649)
I would ask why are people complaining about WWE using 54 year old Goldberg, but crying with joy over AEW using 61 year old Sting?

I'll answer that, because it's ok when AEW does it.

Not everyone has had that same reaction. Don't care for either, TBH. AEW attempting to get more recognition with a "big name". Though said "big name" isn't really a draw IMO, and never really "was". the entire thing has been "meh".

Zero interest in watching Goldberg. His last few performances were so lackluster. Big E has more charisma at this stage in the game. Maybe he won't pull a muscle on the way to the ring. This was announced, and I just let out a big sigh, because of course they would. As long as he isn't in another title match at Mania (which we know he will be c'mon), then whatever.

I'll watch Rumble for the rumble match itself, out of habit more than anything. Usually one of the more fun matches all year.

screech 01-10-2021 02:06 PM

There's also a difference between bringing in Sting for a program with Cody/Darby and bringing in Goldberg to the World Title picture.

But xrod is too stupid to understand that.

screech 01-10-2021 02:09 PM

I don't "love" Sting being in AEW, but to compare him there to Goldberg in WWE is dumb as fuck.

But considering the source, this is not shocking.

xrodmuc316 01-10-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 5413160)
There's also a difference between bringing in Sting for a program with Cody/Darby and bringing in Goldberg to the World Title picture.

But xrod is too stupid to understand that.

Look at Screech, what a great point!!!

You missed something though, I'm not the one who brought Goldberg up. In fact I even asked what Goldberg has to do with anything.

In trying to be "cool insult guy" you agreed with me, although I suppose you are too stupid to understand that ;)

Nice try though!

Jordan 01-10-2021 07:17 PM

I am still pretty stoked about Sting being in AEW. It's the Nostalgia of the whole idea. We've got Sting returning to rasslin on TNT, a channel where he had his greatest moments. We've got the voice that always put the passion of Sting over, Tony Schavonie. We've got a company that is run by the Son of Dusty Rhodes who ran WCW for many years and was always an intrigal part of it. And we've got an owner who also has nostalgia for those glory days, but of course all of the above want AEW go maintain some of that nostalgia but supercede to the most Elite level. Honestly Goldberg playing a similar role for AEW would have been a much bigger deal than him in WWE. We all know what WWE is using Goldberg for, a few extra clicks and views. That's it. They don't respect Goldberg for his legendary run, they still hate him for it. In AEW at least he would be viewed with a legit nostalgia for what he accomplished in WCW and on TNT. Goldberg in WWE is at this point just rehashing multiple failed runs and returns. He has had one great run for WWE and it meant a lot to the fans who grew up with him but it was fleeting none the less. AEW has proven in it's short existence to hold the legends of Wrestling in a higher reverence than WWE has. WWE holds those in reverence who are in the good graces of Vince McMahon and that is the only criteria that matters. It's likely Sting will never do a one on one in ring match, hopefully he'll do a Blood and Guts kick and punch match or something similar that would lead to an interesting story that could end with a cinematic brawl to out do anything we've seen like that before.

Jordan 01-10-2021 07:21 PM

On another note about Sting being a draw or not. He's more of a niche nostalgia draw that can make a lot of money selling his T-Shirts and getting decent ratings boosts. I can't say if he would boost attendence or not right now if that were a metric that mattered, but I know he wouldn't hurt. Amongst AEW fans he will be held to the highest standard of legend, because to fans who lived through his run in WCW that's what he is.

Damian Rey 2.0 01-10-2021 10:19 PM

I liked the initial debut and follow up promo from Sting. Since then, he just comes out and stares people down. It's getting old. I get that maybe he can't bump but at least get physically involved. Throw a punch, a back hand, a stinger splash, something.

screech 01-10-2021 10:23 PM

Ricky Starks in the Scorpion Death Lock would be cool, I think.

Damian Rey 2.0 01-11-2021 12:21 AM

Yeah, Starks can definitely bump enough to make Sting look good. Hell, Arn has taken some shots. Sting doesn't have to take finishers or bumps to get physically involved. Taz can choke him out. Just something. I love Sting, but having him show up and just look at the heels as they cower for no reason is silly and a waste of him being there.

Evil Vito 01-11-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5413353)
I liked the initial debut and follow up promo from Sting. Since then, he just comes out and stares people down. It's getting old. I get that maybe he can't bump but at least get physically involved. Throw a punch, a back hand, a stinger splash, something.

Yeah, I love Sting but I think having him turn up EVERY week when he can't get physically involved was a bit of a disservice.

And we're still 7 more Dynamites away from Revolution, which is presumably the soonest we'll see him in a match.

Volare 01-12-2021 11:34 AM

<iframe width="1583" height="620" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uBofG6T4mHU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 01-12-2021 01:14 PM

Sting has never been that great anyway. Always more than the sum of his of his parts. Let’s see how that goes at 61.

Dude was 10 when the moon landing happened, hahaha.

And people mock WWE for bringing out actual draw Goldberg? Yah, okay.

slik 01-13-2021 03:04 PM

Please do your civic duty and vote

www.AEWAwards.com

Mr. Nerfect 01-13-2021 04:27 PM

Not like the Slammys.