TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rank the MCU (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134878)

Lock Jaw 05-01-2018 07:17 PM

Rank the MCU

Spun-off from discussions elsewhere...... use this thread to rank the Marvel Cinematic Universe and discuss from there.

As a reminder, the movies are:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War

Sixx 05-01-2018 07:22 PM

This is too hard. Let's just say for now Infinity War takes the cake. All the build-up was worth it.

Lock Jaw 05-01-2018 07:25 PM

My list, taking into account that it has been awhile since I have seen a lot of these movies:

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2) Avengers: Infinity War
3) Marvel's The Avengers
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
5) Iron Man
6) Thor: Ragnarok
7) Captain America: Civil War
8) Guardians of the Galaxy
9) Captain America: The First Avenger
10) Spider-Man: Homecoming
11) Iron Man 3
12) Thor
13) Avengers: Age of Ultron
14) Black Panther
15) Ant-Man
16) Doctor Strange
17) Iron Man 2
18) Thor: The Dark World
19) The Incredible Hulk

I dunno. I feel like I'm way off here. Also realized I don't really remember The Incredible Hulk at all. Probably why it is last.

Helmsphere 05-01-2018 07:25 PM

Guardians Of The Galaxy
Avengers
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol. 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Incredible Hulk
Doctor Stange
Thor
Spider-Man Homecoming
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Ironman 2

I will factor in Black Panther when I actually get a chance to actually watch it

Sixx 05-01-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmsphere (Post 5116313)
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Avengers
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol. 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Incredible Hulk
Doctor Stange
Thor
Spider-Man Homecoming
Ironman 2

I will factor in Black Panther when I actually get a chance to actually watch it

Yeah, I think I'd go with GotG as number 2 as well.

By the way, The Winter Soldier was on TV tonight. Been a while since I actually watched a movie on TV. That was nice.

Fignuts 05-01-2018 07:47 PM

The original Avengers is probably #2 behind infinity war for me. Other films are better overall than the first avengers but none of them can match that truly special feeling of seeing those characters together for the first time, and seeing so.etching that had never really been accomplished in cinema before.

Got that same feeling from Infinity War, just on a much bigger scale. IW is basically the first avengers on steroids. Like, Steiner level steroids.

Sixx 05-01-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5116327)
The original Avengers is probably #2 behind infinity war for me. Other films are better overall than the first avengers but none of them can match that truly special feeling of seeing those characters together for the first time, and seeing so.etching that had never really been accomplished in cinema before.

Got that same feeling from Infinity War, just on a much bigger scale. IW is basically the first avengers on steroids. Like, Steiner level steroids.

Yeah, I remember the feeling when I found out they were actually making an Avengers movie. Then seeing it and everything was just so spot on. Bah.

Fignuts 05-01-2018 08:01 PM

Plus that one continuous panning shot of all the Avengers fighting was awesome.

ClockShot 05-01-2018 08:02 PM

Can't judge until I see Infinity War in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation.

Lock Jaw 05-01-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5116341)
Plus that one continuous panning shot of all the Avengers fighting was awesome.

Agree. It gets a whole lot of points from me for that scene.

Destor 05-01-2018 08:26 PM

Oners are my favorite thing in cinema...

I will give this serious thought and come back later

Simple Fan 05-01-2018 09:08 PM

Haven't seen the all so I'll only rate the ones I've seen.

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Captain America First Avenger
3. Iron Man
4. Thor Ragnorak
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. The Avengers
7. Guardians of the Galexy Vol 2
8. Spiderman Homecoming
9. Captain America Winter Soldier
10. Avengers Age of Ultron
11. Incredible Hulk
12. Thor
13. Thor Dark World
14. Iron Man 2
15 Iron Man 3
16. Captain America Civil War

Frank Drebin 05-01-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 5116345)
Can't judge until I see Infinity War in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation.

Good to know. Thanks!

Frank Drebin 05-01-2018 09:49 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Iron Man 2

I think the Cap movies have been the best at allowing you to get to know the character, having him develop and show conflict with other "good guys." Feels like alot think Cap is the most boring out of the Avengers and I don't think it could be further from the truth.

Infinity War is the culmination of the whole f'n thing and that in and of itself is a thing.

GOG took me by surprise with how good it was. I was pretty much expecting this to be the first faceplant of the series and man was I wrong.

On the flip side, GOG2 was the same as 1. Nothing new. Seemed like they got lazy with it.

Love the humor in most of these but Ragnarok was way too much. In a movie where Asgaard is destroyed and his father dies there wasn't alot of gravity felt. Plus, Thor is great as the straight man (calling Rocket "Rabbit" was great) where everyone else tries to be funny. He hasn't been funny so why does he have to be overly funny here?

Haven't seen IM2 in a while but I remember just feeling bored with the whole thing.

Lock Jaw 05-01-2018 10:07 PM

Ragnarok did get a bit "cringy" with the humour at times, but overall I thought it was real good.

I agree about Captain America..... if I gave it more thought, I'd probably have moved First Avenger up on my list..... probably even above Civil War because I'd probably watch it rather than Civil War, so not sure why I ranked it below.

Fignuts 05-01-2018 11:29 PM

If I was being completely unbiased and judging them from an objective standpoint, then Winter Soldier would have to be #1 as it's just the most well crafted of them all, from a writing, acting and directing standpoint.

But I'm not unbiased so it would probably be around 5. As good as it is, there are a handful of movies that I just had more fun watching.

Infinity Gauntlet has been my favorite comic storyline since I was a kid, and Thanos has always been my favorite villain, so Infinity War was always going to be my number one as long as they did it justice, and they ended up going well beyond that, imo.

Thor Ragnorok is up there, but it's conflicting for me, because the only comic story that comes close to dethroning Infinity Gauntlet for me, is Gorr the Godbutcher Ragnorok did so well, and was so well received however, that there is no way that any future Thor movie goes back to being darker and more serious. And you can't tell the Gorr story with Ragnarok's tone. You just can't. So while I loved Ragnorok, I also kind of hate it for doing so well.

Sixx 05-02-2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5116558)
If I was being completely unbiased and judging them from an objective standpoint, then Winter Soldier would have to be #1 as it's just the most well crafted of them all, from a writing, acting and directing standpoint.

But I'm not unbiased so it would probably be around 5. As good as it is, there are a handful of movies that I just had more fun watching.

Infinity Gauntlet has been my favorite comic storyline since I was a kid, and Thanos has always been my favorite villain, so Infinity War was always going to be my number one as long as they did it justice, and they ended up going well beyond that, imo.

Thor Ragnorok is up there, but it's conflicting for me, because the only comic story that comes close to dethroning Infinity Gauntlet for me, is Gorr the Godbreaker. Ragnorok did so well, and was so well received however, that there is no way that any future Thor movie goes back to being darker and more serious. And you can't tell the Gorr story with Ragnarok's tone. You just can't. So while I loved Ragnorok, I also kind of hate it for doing so well.

Oh yes, Gorr. Think we talked about this already, Figgy, but I'd fucking love to see Gorr as the villain in a future Thor movie.

Emperor Smeat 05-02-2018 02:44 AM

Deadpool doesn't count for the Marvel Cinema Universe?

I know the X-Men and Fantastic Four series don't because of issues with FOX and until last year Spider-Man series didn't because of Sony.

Sixx 05-02-2018 02:50 AM

Nah, Deadpool ain't MCU. Which is good for this thread because it would make the ranking even harder. :)

Destor 05-02-2018 09:35 AM

Deadpool and the future X Force spin offs are Fox

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 11:21 AM

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant Man
Iron Man
Avengers Assemble
The Incredible Hulk
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 2
Thor

Not Seen:

Iron Man 3
Black Panther

I bought all the Thor films and Winter Soldier today. I may as well get in on the action.

Destor 05-02-2018 11:48 AM

19. The Incredible Hulk
18. Iron Man 3
17. Thor: The Dark World
16. Iron Man 2
15. Thor
14. Doctor Strange
13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
12. Black Panther
11. Iron Man
10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
09. Captain America: The First Avenger
08. Ant-Man
07. Marvel's The Avengers
06. Guardians of the Galaxy
05. Thor: Ragnarok
04. Spider-Man: Homecoming
03. Captain America: Civil War
02. Avengers: Infinity War
01. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Destor 05-02-2018 11:50 AM

That was REALLY hard

Destor 05-02-2018 11:51 AM

Bottom 5 was easy and then everything after was just hell

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 12:12 PM

Is Winter Soldier just fucking incredible or something? I genuinely had never heard it was so good but several of you have put it top now.

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 12:15 PM

Scarlett Johansson is awful in these films. Just terrible.

Destor 05-02-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5116734)
Is Winter Soldier just fucking incredible or something? I genuinely had never heard it was so good but several of you have put it too now.

Really good spy thriller. Really shifted the marvel movie structure too. Might have less weight for you since you're seeing them out of order.

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 01:04 PM

I don't know really, I think I'm staying with the plot and overall story arc. I should have watched Winter Soldier before Civil War but seeing it now will clear up some questions I had.

Elizabeth Olsen is too beautiful these days. Feel like I would have ripped my dick off watching these if I was a teenager.

Destor 05-02-2018 01:20 PM

You've seen 5 post Winter Soldier; there was a big tone shift with Winter Soldier. I dont want to spoil, but I think you'll really enjoy it. The film holds up I think.

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 01:34 PM

Sebastian Stan was one of the best parts of Civil War. I really enjoyed that movie last night. It was good to see Black Panther properly for the first time. He seemed tougher than most of the others.

Destor 05-02-2018 01:39 PM

I could gush about how much I love the character of Blank Panther. I think he came across much better in Civil War than he did in his own film power wise.

Seanny One Ball 05-02-2018 01:46 PM

I wish the bad guys were better in the Avengers movies. Assemble and Ultron had very forgettable final fights.

Destor 05-02-2018 01:48 PM

There have only been...3 or 4 good villains in all of the MCU. However 2 of them are so damn good they are some of the best ever.But primarily the villains are loose reasons to have a movie.

Theo Dious 05-02-2018 03:16 PM

19 Iron Man 3
18 The Incredible Hulk
17 Thor: The Dark World
16 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
15 Iron Man 2
14 Thor: Ragnarok
13 Thor
12 Captain America: Civil War
11 Spider-Man: Homecoming
10 Black Panther
9 Avengers
8 Captain America: The First Avenger
7 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
6 Guiardians of the Galaxy
5 Iron Man
4 Avengers: Age of Ultron
3 Doctor Strange
2 Ant-Man
1 Infinity War

Fignuts 05-02-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixxT9 (Post 5116622)
Oh yes, Gorr. Think we talked about this already, Figgy, but I'd fucking love to see Gorr as the villain in a future Thor movie.

That "what are you the god of?" moment in Ragnarok was taken straight from the Gorr story.

Sixx 05-02-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5116844)
That "what are you the god of?" moment in Ragnarok was taken straight from the Gorr story.

That's not good enough for me. :)

Also, I don't remember this. Who said it?

Sixx 05-02-2018 03:42 PM

Anyway, I'm gonna re-read this now. Downloading torrent.

Fignuts 05-02-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixxT9 (Post 5116846)
That's not good enough for me. :)

Also, I don't remember this. Who said it?

Gorr said it to young Thor as he's kicking his ass.

Sixx 05-02-2018 05:04 PM

I meant who said it in Ragnarok.

Fignuts 05-02-2018 05:32 PM

Hela